Dude, i'm not a BOT, I was texting to my girlfriend! What is wrong with you?

bot inaction

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Hans_Sprungfeld #41 Posted Sep 17 2017 - 05:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 16299 battles
If his girlfriend can't wait 15 minutes at most for a text response, I feel bad for that guy.

ArmorStorm #42 Posted Sep 17 2017 - 16:56

Major

• Players
  • 33837 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostGalbeaza, on Sep 16 2017 - 09:32, said:

http://wotreplays.eu...y-galbeaza-l_we

That is the exact answer I've got from the player of the T29, when I pm-ed him at the end of the battle and I told him I will report him for inaction/bot.

That player did absolutely nothing, zero damage, zero shots fired, zero action. He didn't deserve the 329 XP he won on his teammates' backs.

How can one remains calm when he sees that the battle could bfe lost and a full HP heavy tank from his team do absolutely nothing to help, he just walked around the map???

"Enjoy" the replay, if you want to see a real monument of a bad player.

P.S.: I didn't "named and shamed" anybody.

How can one remain calm?  Have a shred of maturity and remember that it's just a GAME. 

Ape_Drape #43 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 15:02

Captain

• Players
  • 38064 battles
  • [SOT] SOT

View Postlandedkiller, on Sep 16 2017 - 18:00, said:

hate to burst anyone's bubbles, but there is a thing called real life where you have to take care of things like billing companies, family , and education. Most people including myself will try not to be afk, but life happens. If this guy chose his girlfriend over a video game then I say props to him.  Life is not just about playing video games and when we do we lose time that we could be spending with our loved ones and the time to develop true friendships with our friends. So take some time away from world of tanks and spend it with family , hang out with friends, and get outside.

Hate to burst bubbles here, but there's this thing called TALKING ON THE PHONE. You know, that other thing the phone does besides texting. And you can do it hands free. There's also this thing called IGNORE THEM for 10 god damn minutes. If no one died, it's not that important,

cnumartyr #44 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 15:17

Captain

• Players
  • 10872 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostHans_Sprungfeld, on Sep 16 2017 - 23:38, said:

If his girlfriend can't wait 15 minutes at most for a text response, I feel bad for that guy.

Too many people have the mentality that they need to sacrifice things to be in a relationship.

Guido1212 #45 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 16:35

Major

• Players
  • 74002 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
Got in a 3/5/7 yesterday and our E100 was AFK.  He had about 7k battles and a 45% W/R.  I thought to myself, if you're going to bot, why on earth do it in a tier 10?!?

IgnobleDemise #46 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 19:42

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8515 battles

View Postmworthy, on Sep 16 2017 - 16:43, said:

Dont want be the guy who goes off topic but i was reported for continuously hitting a kv 3 even though he stayed in one spot and I was shooting the side of his turret or that's what I'm assuming he reported me for he never said why butbyeah reporting tends to be the go to reaction 

Yeah, it a common thing.  Plenty of people are immature and irresponsible with these sorts of tools, and the system is basically worthless because of it.

View PostGalbeaza, on Sep 16 2017 - 17:14, said:

The report button, which you push to report someone is called "inaction/bot". That's what I said and wrote.

You don't seem to be able to process all the information you read. Or, you act like troll. Please, go troll another topic.

Uh, huh.  He wasn't inactive, either -- going to a TD spot in a heavy was lazy and bad, but it's it's not the same as actually going AFK through the game.

And trolling?  Gosh, someone out there isn't validating your petty little public tantrum?  Poor you.

Edited by IgnobleDemise, Sep 18 2017 - 19:42.

sparango #47 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 20:24

Captain

• Players
  • 44497 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
We need more information. Tell him to post GF picture so we can vote to see if she is worth missing out in the game.

Kenshin2kx #48 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 20:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 16050 battles

View PostGalbeaza, on Sep 16 2017 - 05:32, said:

http://wotreplays.eu...y-galbeaza-l_we

That is the exact answer I've got from the player of the T29, when I pm-ed him at the end of the battle and I told him I will report him for inaction/bot.

That player did absolutely nothing, zero damage, zero shots fired, zero action. He didn't deserve the 329 XP he won on his teammates' backs.

How can one remains calm when he sees that the battle could be lost and a full HP heavy tank from his team do absolutely nothing to help, he just walked around the map???

"Enjoy" the replay, if you want to see a real monument of a bad player.

P.S.: I didn't "named and shamed" anybody.

Kudos for the fact that the guy has a girlfriend and is commited to her ... stupidos for the fact that he was doing the non fatal equivalent of texting and driving.  IMHO, if the guy is smart enough to get a girlfriend, he also has the potential to deal with time management and the reality of having to juggle time between priorities, people and activities.  Starting with ... Hi Honey ... in a bit of a time crunch at the moment ... can I get back to you in say 10 minutes?  Unless this is an emergency then I'm all ears ...

Kenshin2kx #49 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 20:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 16050 battles

View PostIgnobleDemise, on Sep 18 2017 - 08:42, said:

Yeah, it a common thing.  Plenty of people are immature and irresponsible with these sorts of tools, and the system is basically worthless because of it.

Uh, huh.  He wasn't inactive, either -- going to a TD spot in a heavy was lazy and bad, but it's it's not the same as actually going AFK through the game.

And trolling?  Gosh, someone out there isn't validating your petty little public tantrum?  Poor you.

Actually, you can argue worse ... being away from the keyboard can have mitigating reasons ... being there, going camping TD consciously in order to text interact with his GF is a decision to do badly or lazy badly ... while still at the wheel so to speak ...

Edited by Kenshin2kx, Sep 18 2017 - 20:33.

AndrewSledge #50 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 20:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27989 battles

Inactive players don't bother me nearly as much as the ones that decide the match is lost before the game even starts, and announce that they're drowning themselves...

Kenshin2kx #51 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 21:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 16050 battles

View PostAndrewSledge, on Sep 18 2017 - 09:56, said:

Inactive players don't bother me nearly as much as the ones that decide the match is lost before the game even starts, and announce that they're drowning themselves...

Ohhhhhhh ... me really no likey those 'players' too ... :angry:

IgnobleDemise #52 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 21:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8515 battles

View PostKenshin2kx, on Sep 18 2017 - 11:32, said:

Actually, you can argue worse ... being away from the keyboard can have mitigating reasons ... being there, going camping TD consciously in order to text interact with his GF is a decision to do badly or lazy badly ... while still at the wheel so to speak ...

Sure.  And just how much attention he was paying is up in the air, since his team won out strongly enough that red no tanks crossed his field of fire.  Maybe he would have put the phone down long enough to shoot at them if they had, but there's no way to say for sure.  He did move up to sort of lazily cover against anyone trying to sneak around the east flank later, but that's about it, if I remember right.

That being said, it still doesn't justify people trying to exploit the reporting system to try and get someone banned for petty personal reasons.

Kenshin2kx #53 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 21:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 16050 battles

View PostIgnobleDemise, on Sep 18 2017 - 10:24, said:

Sure.  And just how much attention he was paying is up in the air, since his team won out strongly enough that red no tanks crossed his field of fire.  Maybe he would have put the phone down long enough to shoot at them if they had, but there's no way to say for sure.  He did move up to sort of lazily cover against anyone trying to sneak around the east flank later, but that's about it, if I remember right.

That being said, it still doesn't justify people trying to exploit the reporting system to try and get someone banned for petty personal reasons.

... fair enough.  As you said, no reds crossed his potential field of fire, and apparently the team won fairly convincingly ... so it is debatable as to outcomes.  So yes, I'd agree that reporting would be a bit extreme ... now if he did what he did and they lost ... then I'm in the lynching crowd ... okay, okay, maybe not lynching, but in the hopin' not to get him as a team mate crowd :D

Peak_Bagger #54 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 21:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11950 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F
I've been intentionally AFK once in 7,500 games. My oldest daughter called right at the end of the countdown. I parked behind a rock and took the call. Came back to find we'd won and had I profited. It's humbling to know that I do better when I'm AFK than when I actively participate.

Catboat181 #55 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 18:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35085 battles

View Postmworthy, on Sep 17 2017 - 01:33, said:

Who the hell cares if he was busy or not it's just a game. Get over it

I hate this blanket answer. 30 guys commit 15 minutes each. Have a little respect for that time ffs.

Verblonde #56 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 19:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 17548 battles
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB

Anyone who thinks a pointless activity (let's not kid ourselves - it's a fun game, but achieves very little that matters) is more important than their nearest and dearest should have their PC confiscated for a week.

Sorry: if anyone I care about needs my attention, they will get it, regardless of whether I lose the game I'm playing as a result. This is not a sacrifice.

Real people are always more important than any game. Always.

Nunya_000 #57 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 19:48

Major

• Players
  • 20842 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postcnumartyr, on Sep 18 2017 - 06:17, said:

Too many people have the mentality that they need to sacrifice things to be in a relationship.

If my wife calls or texts me while I am in the middle of a battle, I will answer the call or text 100% of the time.  It has nothing to do with her being "needy" or me being P-whipped....it is respect.  I respect my wife much more than a bunch of faceless players in a computer game.  "Sacrificing" game time to be respectful to the woman in my life is a no-brainer.

Patton__invader #58 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 19:56

Private

• -Players-
  • 2911 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

I think I may have one just as good. Your playing a Tiger 1 tank. (read up on how to work this tank, use is good for sniping). your in a battle using it for that. In the game chat you see someone calling you a bot because you are still, waiting to snipe the enemy. They get angry enough that they fire at an Allie (me) and destroy me. I game chatted to him, What did you do that for, and he replied because I wasn't moving. Well, isn't that what sniping is, being hid so as to acquire a possible long range shot?

Than again as you said, "It is only a game" mistakes Will be made. I hope I learned from it. And will do better. I do and still feel slighted for being killed by my own team Allie. And I thought I was doing the right thing.    

Verblonde #59 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 20:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 17548 battles
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB

View PostNunya_000, on Sep 21 2017 - 13:48, said:

If my wife calls or texts me while I am in the middle of a battle, I will answer the call or text 100% of the time.  It has nothing to do with her being "needy" or me being P-whipped....it is respect.  I respect my wife much more than a bunch of faceless players in a computer game.  "Sacrificing" game time to be respectful to the woman in my life is a no-brainer.

This.

Verblonde #60 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 20:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 17548 battles
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB

View PostPatton__invader, on Sep 21 2017 - 13:56, said:

I think I may have one just as good. Your playing a Tiger 1 tank. (read up on how to work this tank, use is good for sniping). your in a battle using it for that. In the game chat you see someone calling you a bot because you are still, waiting to snipe the enemy. They get angry enough that they fire at an Allie (me) and destroy me. I game chatted to him, What did you do that for, and he replied because I wasn't moving. Well, isn't that what sniping is, being hid so as to acquire a possible long range shot?

Than again as you said, "It is only a game" mistakes Will be made. I hope I learned from it. And will do better. I do and still feel slighted for being killed by my own team Allie. And I thought I was doing the right thing.    

The Tiger is always a troublesome one: many players don't seem to know it's basically a sniper; that said, you do often (not always) need to keep moving in it, so as to keep your gun in play and shooting at the foe.

You're a bit too obvious a target to sit still the whole time: some bugger in arty will ruin your day otherwise (or just plain old direct fire will).

Also tagged with bot, inaction

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users