• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

the_Deadly_Bulb #41 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 19:22

Major

• Players
  • 23138 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostAverageWannabe, on Dec 04 2018 - 10:08, said:

i'm no pinata... normally when i don't fkup cause of a stupid decision I'm from the last 2-3 killed. And don't worry, I am not a quitter.

Thanks tho.

There are usually only 2 reasons why a player is '"last killed".

Either they were in a really slow tank and were found last by the OPFOR as they steamrolled the slow tanker's team,

or

The player was hiding somewhere waiting to die last.

Neither are points of pride.

Neither help the player's team.

GAJohnnie #42 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 19:28

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postthefastkiller45, on Sep 19 2017 - 21:30, said:

so im about to research a new tier V tank but i dont know which one, the M4 SHERMAN or T1 HEAVY 

anyone know which one is better?

:unsure:

I love both but I would start with the M4, it is just more versatile. Once you get a better feel for the maps and game play tactics, go back and do the T1 Heavy. It is a good tank but it plays more like a medium/heavy hybrid then a true heavy. Run with the mediums and it will do fine.

My 1st heavy was the US T14 Premium. I had a horrible time in in until someone here told me to play it like a slow medium rather then a heavy. Same applies to the T1 Heavy

GAJohnnie #43 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 19:31

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostKarl__Childers, on Sep 19 2017 - 21:54, said:

I agree with taking your time, however here's some food for thought. If you're looking at getting the T29 down the road, go with the T1 Heavy. The Sherman line will get you there but trust me you want to go through the M6 (after T1 Hvy) to get the 90mm gun.

Anyone who's suffered with the 76mm on a T29 will agree

I made that mistake and went back and did the T1 Heavy and M6 because it was too painful with the 76mm.

OH my GOD! That had to suck. Nothing sadder on the battlefield then a T29 running the 76mm gun

AverageWannabe #44 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 19:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 758 battles
  • [-GTF-] -GTF-

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 04 2018 - 14:12, said:

Right so using this logic we should all skip elementary school and high school and go straight to college so we can "learn"

Problem with that "logic: is, unless you are a re-roll, you don't know enough about the game to know what you are seeing at tier 8. You are not actually learning anything, you just being complete dead weight to any team your on.

Any team you are on automatically starts out 1 gun down because any tank you are in you do not  know enough about playing it to even be a useful meat shield.

Looking at your bragged about  "stats" you are not even averaging 1 shot of damage a game in your tier 8. You are nothing but dead weight for you team to carry. Hiding in back being useless until the real players do all the work for you is not "being in the game to the last kill". it is just being completely useless.

So sorry to pop your narcissistic little bubble world, but at your current skill level, you are not at all ready to be playing above teir 4 right now.

what i was saying is that when you are an already educated person... a fkn adult, put it that way, you dont go to elementary school to learn math.

GAJohnnie #45 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 19:44

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

So according to the "logic" here if you want to learn football you should try out as a walk on for the NFL cause that way "you can learn from your teammates".

No, what your actually doing is being an arrogantly infantile child parasitically thinking you don't have to do any of the work to learn the game but can just go straight to the reward. Never mind you are actually  just in the way being dead weight to the other 14 people on the team. No instead just cling to your narcissistic sense of entitlement and "keep trying".

the_Deadly_Bulb #46 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 19:44

Major

• Players
  • 23138 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostAverageWannabe, on Dec 04 2018 - 10:38, said:

what i was saying is that when you are an already educated person... a fkn adult, put it that way, you dont go to elementary school to learn math.

No, you were being a kak filled éclair, wipin' yer exhaust pipe with good advice. .

No problem with that either.

Not like its a rare thing here.

In the end its to your detriment.

AverageWannabe #47 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 19:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 758 battles
  • [-GTF-] -GTF-

Anyway, lets get real, here is a replay from one of my last battles yesterday after playing quite a few upper tier battles. To me it felt like I could handle the game way better, but you tell me....

I am open to (and I'll appreciate) suggestions to improve my game since I want to learn it fast. Just dont tell me to stop playing high tier games cause "this" or "that", cause that's not gonna happen.

http://wotreplays.eu...agewannabe-a-20

Sorry OP for derailing your thread... noob playing high tier? That's an instant can of worms explosion... 

:child:

Edited by AverageWannabe, Dec 04 2018 - 19:56.

GAJohnnie #48 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 19:57

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Isn't it cute when they are far too stupid to know they are completely out matched intellectually so they keep trying?

the_Deadly_Bulb #49 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 20:13

Major

• Players
  • 23138 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostAverageWannabe, on Dec 04 2018 - 10:46, said:

Anyway, lets get real, here is a replay from one of my last battles yesterday after playing quite a few upper tier battles. To me it felt like I could handle the game way better, but you tell me....

I am open to suggestions to improve my game since I want to learn it fast. Just dont tell me to stop playing high tier games cause "this" or "that", cause that's not gonna happen.

http://wotreplays.eu...agewannabe-a-20

Sorry OP for derailing your thread... noob playing high tier? That's an instant can of worms explosion... ;)

You didn't really derail anything, it was over a year since the last post on this thread when you posted on it.

We call that thread necro.

Its more common than it should be too.

Watched your replay.

Nice round.

T-IV (where you almost belong)

Here's what I saw.

You yolo'd out with no support. (not good)

You got lucky and had a team mate spot the LT in the ash piles early on.

You ran away from it when you had a clear chance to do it some damage. (not good)

By 13:03 you had the opportunity to shoot 4 targets. You hadn't fired a round. (not good)

You crossed an area known to be frequented by TDs, even after your 6th went off. This is just silly. You got horseshoe in yer butt lucky. In a T-VIII round you would have been garaged very quickly for that error in judgement. (really not good)

At 11:20 you wandered off to do nothing. Doesn't look like you watch the map enough. The battle was clearly elsewhere. I couldn't figure out what you were doing, then I realised it, you were doing nothing. (not good)

At 11:35 you demonstrated the incorrect way to fire from behind a bush without being seen. (really not good)

You pulled up into a bush and targeted the DW2. You were seen by that tank immediately because you were too far into the bush and the camo the bush provided was blown when you fired. Again this type of play in T-VIII will send you to your garage. Next time stay 15m behind the bush if you intend to fire. The bush MUST be opaque when you fire or you will be seen.

Over all you got lucky (in the extreme)  and you were provided targets by your team mates. You were also lucky in that your targets were of similar experience to you and were largely clueless.

Good round.

Lucky round.

Several errors demonstrated that which would have been the end of you at T-VI or higher. :honoring:

GAJohnnie #50 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 20:22

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Dec 04 2018 - 14:13, said:

Good round.

Lucky round.

Several errors demonstrated that which would have been the end of you at T-VI or higher. :honoring:

Excellent replay analysis. Next time I get some play time, can you look at a couple of mine and give me some ideas how I can improve?

the_Deadly_Bulb #51 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 20:27

Major

• Players
  • 23138 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 04 2018 - 11:22, said:

Excellent replay analysis. Next time I get some play time, can you look at a couple of mine and give me some ideas how I can improve?

Glad to.

iAmEbola or _Promote_Synergy_ are probably eminently better suited to that role.

Still I would be happy to peek at your replays and provide an analysis, one average player to another. :honoring:

GAJohnnie #52 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 20:37

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Dec 04 2018 - 14:27, said:

Glad to.

iAmEbola or _Promote_Synergy_ are probably eminently better suited to that role.

Still I would be happy to peek at your replays and provide an analysis, one average player to another. :honoring:

Those two play at a level I can only hope to one day learn. They are very helpful but  Average Player to Average Player is a good insight also. It puts the analysis more at the players level of game comprehension.

AverageWannabe #53 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 20:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 758 battles
  • [-GTF-] -GTF-

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Dec 04 2018 - 15:13, said:

You didn't really derail anything, it was over a year since the last post on this thread when you posted on it.

We call that thread necro.

Its more common than it should be too.

Watched your replay.

Nice round.

T-IV (where you almost belong)

Here's what I saw.

You yolo'd out with no support. (not good)

You got lucky and had a team mate spot the LT in the ash piles early on.

You ran away from it when you had a clear chance to do it some damage. (not good)

By 13:03 you had the opportunity to shoot 4 targets. You hadn't fired a round. (not good)

You crossed an area known to be frequented by TDs, even after your 6th went off. This is just silly. You got horseshoe in yer butt lucky. In a T-VIII round you would have been garaged very quickly for that error in judgement. (really not good)

At 11:20 you wandered off to do nothing. Doesn't look like you watch the map enough. The battle was clearly elsewhere. I couldn't figure out what you were doing, then I realised it, you were doing nothing. (not good)

At 11:35 you demonstrated the incorrect way to fire from behind a bush without being seen. (really not good)

You pulled up into a bush and targeted the DW2. You were seen by that tank immediately because you were too far into the bush and the camo the bush provided was blown when you fired. Again this type of play in T-VIII will send you to your garage. Next time stay 15m behind the bush if you intend to fire. The bush MUST be opaque when you fire or you will be seen.

Over all you got lucky (in the extreme)  and you were provided targets by your team mates. You were also lucky in that your targets were of similar experience to you and were largely clueless.

Good round.

Lucky round.

Many thanks man, this is really helpful, I will fkn print your suggestions and watch the replay several times. Will be doing this more often if some of you fellows feel like givin' me a hand... without the pre-condition of quitting high tier matches that is ;)

If anyone else wants to add something to that analysis please do.

Cheers.

Edited by AverageWannabe, Dec 04 2018 - 20:52.

GAJohnnie #54 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 21:22

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Now that we finished verbally disemboweling you and flayed your forum reputation up  for fish food, I'm bored with you.

I will tell you where you fell in the crapper. Dun was trying to help you and you made it personal. Rather then listening, you decided to attack him. That made you fair game for the verbal butt kicking.

If you want to learn to be better, get a tougher skin. Don't go all passive aggressive cry bully when good people around here try to help you.

AverageWannabe #55 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 21:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 758 battles
  • [-GTF-] -GTF-

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 04 2018 - 16:22, said:

Now that we finished verbally disemboweling you and flayed your forum reputation up  for fish food, I'm bored with you.

I will tell you where you fell in the crapper. Dun was trying to help you and you made it personal. Rather then listening, you decided to attack him. That made you fair game for the verbal butt kicking.

If you want to learn to be better, get a tougher skin. Don't go all passive aggressive cry bully when good people around here try to help you.

You are the one too sensitive here kiddo. You've been throwing crap at me all butt hurt since your first post and I haven't given a single fk. Tougher skin my rear... Why not go whine somewhere else?

If you got bored with me that's pretty darn great, then stfu for once.... sheesh!

Btw the owl came here like a serious pain in the butt, so I had to be pain too... that's all. But you probably don't even care, so what the hell can you do...

Have a great day.

Edited by AverageWannabe, Dec 04 2018 - 22:04.

dunniteowl #56 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 16:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 23745 battles

View PostAverageWannabe, on Dec 04 2018 - 12:04, said:

that's an elegant way of saying "you, sir, are a moron"  Lol

No, sir.  It says exactly what it means.  You don't know what you're talking about in this matter.  Ignorance is not stupidity, though the compounded effect of ignorance being touted as knowledge does lead to the same mistakes as someone who is stupid (Stupid is the inability to learn, ignorance is the lack of knowledge) and refuses to learn from those mistakes.  I do not think you are stupid.  I do think you are ignorant of the game's mechanics and operation.  The comparison of this game to low level math shows your ignorance.  A stupid person would not have made such a comparison as it would be beyond their capacity to make them.

You do not appear to be a moron.  You do appear to be a 'freshly-wet-behind-the-ears" player who thinks that all that past life experience make you acceptably knowledgeable in the game.  This is clearly an error of perception on your part.

As to me playing arty, well, I play them ALL.  HVY, MT, LT, TD and SPG.  There are five classes in this game and I play them all.

Now if you were to go back and read some of my older posts, you'd know why I play so much arty LATELY.  As I am sure you WON'T do this, please pay attention so that you are not mistaken:

Currently I play on a laptop that was built in 2010.  It has 6G RAM that it shares with the OS and the Video Chip (Integrated Graphics).  I have a wireless interenet connection and my signal goes 7.2 miles from my house in the sticks of Central Texas before it sees any hardline.  These factors require me to play on the lowest graphics settings for the game with no special effects.  Since 1.0 came online, I have a pretty consistent 8 frames per second game play.  Try to imagine tooling around in my HVY and MED tanks at those speeds and framerates.

I also have spotty service, due to it being wireless.  If the weather is bad -- or even really windy on some days, my ping ranges from a normal of about 115ms to 999ms (that means I'm going to be disconnected).  

Under these conditions, I cannot, in good conscience to the rest of the people I am playing with, use a front line unit that others will be depending upon to carry the match.

Thus, I tend to play SPGs more than anything since 1.0 (Before that I got 17-21 fps and could reliably play all units) and slower TDs.  Even so, after my experiences and timing of this connection over time, you can note if you wish to, that I am again, playing ALL classes over the course of a day.

With all this going on, technically speaking, I am STILL out performing you in any tank you could care to compare that you and I both play.  The reason I am is from that fact that I am purposely learning how to play the game in a manner consistent with winning over farming damage -- or, as in your case, rushing in, getting one to three shots of damage and then dying gloriously at the hands of your opponents.

Again, I highly recommend you read The WoT Welcome Package that I put together.  If you do so and do so with an earnest and honest attitude of wanting to get better and learn how to play better, it WILL help you.  It took ME from a very steady 48% player (which is currently 5% better than you now) to a pretty steady 54% player (which is 6% better than I used to play) just from USING the information provided within it.

It is important to note that I did NOT MAKE or CREATE this information.  All i did was place what I felt were the Core Basic Components of the MOST USEFUL information for ANY player in one accessible spot IF THEY SERIOUSLY WISH TO IMPROVE.

Again, and lastly, you are free to ignore it.  Please, though, when you decide one way or the other, don't fool or kid yourself that you are learning more by playing tiers for which you are vastly unprepared.  Recognize that if you choose to ignore such information, you are purposely placing yourself at a disadvantage relative to your peers in the match.

I say none of this with regard to YOU, personally.  It is an admonishment I would make to ANY player in your situation.  Most others take that information and use it.  I suspect, though, that you will choose not to out of a personal disliking to the fact that I call you on your crap.  I hope that I am mistaken and wish you well.

OvO

AverageWannabe #57 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 16:52

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 758 battles
  • [-GTF-] -GTF-

View Postdunniteowl, on Dec 05 2018 - 11:25, said:

No, sir.  It says exactly what it means.  You don't know what you're talking about in this matter.  Ignorance is not stupidity, though the compounded effect of ignorance being touted as knowledge does lead to the same mistakes as someone who is stupid (Stupid is the inability to learn, ignorance is the lack of knowledge) and refuses to learn from those mistakes.  I do not think you are stupid.  I do think you are ignorant of the game's mechanics and operation.  The comparison of this game to low level math shows your ignorance.  A stupid person would not have made such a comparison as it would be beyond their capacity to make them.

You do not appear to be a moron.  You do appear to be a 'freshly-wet-behind-the-ears" player who thinks that all that past life experience make you acceptably knowledgeable in the game.  This is clearly an error of perception on your part.

As to me playing arty, well, I play them ALL.  HVY, MT, LT, TD and SPG.  There are five classes in this game and I play them all.

Now if you were to go back and read some of my older posts, you'd know why I play so much arty LATELY.  As I am sure you WON'T do this, please pay attention so that you are not mistaken:

Currently I play on a laptop that was built in 2010.  It has 6G RAM that it shares with the OS and the Video Chip (Integrated Graphics).  I have a wireless interenet connection and my signal goes 7.2 miles from my house in the sticks of Central Texas before it sees any hardline.  These factors require me to play on the lowest graphics settings for the game with no special effects.  Since 1.0 came online, I have a pretty consistent 8 frames per second game play.  Try to imagine tooling around in my HVY and MED tanks at those speeds and framerates.

I also have spotty service, due to it being wireless.  If the weather is bad -- or even really windy on some days, my ping ranges from a normal of about 115ms to 999ms (that means I'm going to be disconnected).  

Under these conditions, I cannot, in good conscience to the rest of the people I am playing with, use a front line unit that others will be depending upon to carry the match.

Thus, I tend to play SPGs more than anything since 1.0 (Before that I got 17-21 fps and could reliably play all units) and slower TDs.  Even so, after my experiences and timing of this connection over time, you can note if you wish to, that I am again, playing ALL classes over the course of a day.

With all this going on, technically speaking, I am STILL out performing you in any tank you could care to compare that you and I both play.  The reason I am is from that fact that I am purposely learning how to play the game in a manner consistent with winning over farming damage -- or, as in your case, rushing in, getting one to three shots of damage and then dying gloriously at the hands of your opponents.

Again, I highly recommend you read The WoT Welcome Package that I put together.  If you do so and do so with an earnest and honest attitude of wanting to get better and learn how to play better, it WILL help you.  It took ME from a very steady 48% player (which is currently 5% better than you now) to a pretty steady 54% player (which is 6% better than I used to play) just from USING the information provided within it.

It is important to note that I did NOT MAKE or CREATE this information.  All i did was place what I felt were the Core Basic Components of the MOST USEFUL information for ANY player in one accessible spot IF THEY SERIOUSLY WISH TO IMPROVE.

Again, and lastly, you are free to ignore it.  Please, though, when you decide one way or the other, don't fool or kid yourself that you are learning more by playing tiers for which you are vastly unprepared.  Recognize that if you choose to ignore such information, you are purposely placing yourself at a disadvantage relative to your peers in the match.

I say none of this with regard to YOU, personally.  It is an admonishment I would make to ANY player in your situation.  Most others take that information and use it.  I suspect, though, that you will choose not to out of a personal disliking to the fact that I call you on your crap.  I hope that I am mistaken and wish you well.

OvO

Thanks for the clarification.... let's make peace, shall we? I apologize for treating you badly, I am prone to display quite a fighty character when I feel provoked... That's why I like war games I guess lol

I have already read your instructable a while ago and I found it very helpful at the time, though I forgot most of it already so I will have to read it again a couple of times.

Anyway... I hope santa will bring you a better computer this xmas so we can try our fists in fair combat and see who's better, the moderate thoughtful player or the adventurous spirited player.

Take care.

Peak_Bagger #58 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 16:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16937 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View PostAverageWannabe, on Dec 05 2018 - 16:52, said:

Thanks for the clarification.... let's make peace, shall we? I apologize for treating you badly, I am prone to display quite a fighty character when I feel provoked... That's why I like war games I guess lol

I have already read your instructable a while ago and I found it very helpful at the time, though I forgot most of it already so I will have to read it again a couple of times.

Anyway... I hope santa will bring you a better computer this xmas so we can try our fists in fair combat and see who's better, the moderate thoughtful player or the adventurous spirited player.

Take care.

Nice! I see you've also joined a good clan as well. That's great - your clanmates can be a huge resource! Good luck out there Averagewannabe!

AverageWannabe #59 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 17:00

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 758 battles
  • [-GTF-] -GTF-

View PostPeak_Bagger, on Dec 05 2018 - 11:59, said:

Nice! I see you've also joined a good clan as well. That's great - your clanmates can be a huge resource! Good luck out there Averagewannabe!

Thanks bro, appreciate it.... see ya on the battlefield! ;)

dunniteowl #60 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 17:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 23745 battles

I am ALWAYS willing to make peace.

Actually I am a pacifist who knows that War is NOT the Answer.  I also, oddly enough, design(ed) board war games and Role Playing Games.  Is that a crazy juxtaposition or what?

Hang in there and do your best.  I believe most folks are doing just that.  With help from others, we can always do better.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users