Tesla Model S

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

ramp4ge #41 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 04:21

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 333 battles

They're still lithium batteries. There's only so much you can do to improve a technology that's been around since the 1980s anyway.

I've got a Journey SXT in the family. With the 2.4L it's a joke but with the Pentastar it's a riot. The thing's got so much power it's almost unreal. It puts the 3.8L in my JK to shame. But I think the 3.8L in the JK is a better engine for what the JK's built for. The 3.6L (that they also put in the JK for 2012 onward) makes most of it's power at higher RPMs, where the 3.8L makes it mostly on the low-end, where you'd actually want it in an offroad vehicle.

Still really wish they would've brought a diesel to the US for the JK, like it's available everywhere else.

Besides, you guys get all the cool Holdens and stuff we don't get here. Maybe you'll end up getting the Grand Cherokee Hellcat. 

Horribad_At_Tanks #42 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 16:06

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

Yeah I'm waiting for random chance to kick in and someone gets good footage of a tesla turning into an ammo racked tank when the battery pack brews up. Lithium batteries don't always go up in flames but when they do they do so spectacularly.

ramp4ge #43 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 20:24

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 333 battles

It's already happened at least once.

Here's Elon talking about it.

Couple of the cells got crushed and burst into flames. About what you'd expect from a li-poly/li-ion with cell damage. 

TheBaldguy #44 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 21:56

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6874 battles

View Post84Doc04, on Sep 20 2017 - 13:58, said:

I drive mine into the ground.  My Avalanche is a 2005 and I'm almost ready to replace it.  Maintenance costs are still cheaper than a payment, and this truck doesn't owe me anything.  So, yeah.  Looks like I'll be around the 13 year mark as well.

I hear yah, still going strong on my 2003 Suburban and 1999 Corvette. The only reason we're even considering replacing the Suburban is to downsize. But we've got a daughter who just started college, so we've got a few years before doing that.

SpectreHD #45 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 15:54

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • [TT] TT

View Postramp4ge, on Sep 23 2017 - 11:21, said:

They're still lithium batteries. There's only so much you can do to improve a technology that's been around since the 1980s anyway.

I've got a Journey SXT in the family. With the 2.4L it's a joke but with the Pentastar it's a riot. The thing's got so much power it's almost unreal. It puts the 3.8L in my JK to shame. But I think the 3.8L in the JK is a better engine for what the JK's built for. The 3.6L (that they also put in the JK for 2012 onward) makes most of it's power at higher RPMs, where the 3.8L makes it mostly on the low-end, where you'd actually want it in an offroad vehicle.

Still really wish they would've brought a diesel to the US for the JK, like it's available everywhere else.

Besides, you guys get all the cool Holdens and stuff we don't get here. Maybe you'll end up getting the Grand Cherokee Hellcat. 

Unfortunately I moved back from Australia. Also, Chrysler pretty much axed the Holden brand. So no more Commodores.

Ford did the same thing so no more Ford Falcons. Pretty much replaced by Mustangs with proper right hand drive conversion now if Aussies want something with power.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users