• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Xx1Tommy1xX #21 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 17:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13134 battles
  • [-XBK-] -XBK-

View PostGoat_Rodeo, on Sep 26 2017 - 10:34, said:

But try staying out of spotting range on maps like Stalingrad, Himmelsdorf, Paris, and Kharkov, even Ensk. There may be "that one place" where you can set up to take some shots unseen for a few minutes. But if the enemy pushes your flank your choices are significantly limited. Ensk has the open field but it frequently gets rushed by a medium and light team, and the terrain on it forces you to be either passive and let them come to you or you have to move up to a ridge and risk getting spotted. Paris has the open field as well and the plaza where you can shoot up the city roads, but if a light is working the mid field you will be spotted and punished. A slight hit point or armor buff would at least give it the ability to escape and still be relevant to the game when dropped in these maps.  

Is true that city maps will be a sort of a problem but is our job to improvise in this situation.  Just know what you can do and can't do and do your best. The game will not always give you sniping maps and we know that. Peak a boo tactics, assists, fire support. i say all this but keeping in mind that is not a easy task because of the armor. When in city maps think of it as a cast light tank. 

But hey everyone hates one tank at lest. I hate the T54E1 and I do crapin it.

cnumartyr #22 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 17:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8417 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ

It's a solid tank for what it does.  It doesn't fit my play style.

It could use a buff so it would fit how I like to play tanks, but it plays fine as it's meant to be played.

Goat_Rodeo #23 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 18:23

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8433 battles
  • [GUNS1] GUNS1

View PostXx1Tommy1xX, on Sep 26 2017 - 16:35, said:

Is true that city maps will be a sort of a problem but is our job to improvise in this situation.  Just know what you can do and can't do and do your best. The game will not always give you sniping maps and we know that. Peak a boo tactics, assists, fire support. i say all this but keeping in mind that is not a easy task because of the armor. When in city maps think of it as a cast light tank. 

But hey everyone hates one tank at lest. I hate the T54E1 and I do crapin it.

Yeah, I'd pretty much just fly around the map looking for any area or intersection where there was no red. Too many times I'd run it like an undercover scout only to round the bend and see a pair of French auto loader lights licking their lips with a big bone on staring right at my UDES. As much as it sounds like I'm sort of deriding this tank I really actually enjoyed it. My win rate was below 50 but I was near a 2 MOE when I sold it. I just couldn't carry in it for beans. Many days I could rake in obscene amounts of damage, others I'd get off 2 shots before being spotted and dead before getting out of sniper mode. 

ShaolinWombat #24 Posted Oct 03 2017 - 20:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6692 battles
  • [CVF] CVF
I would give it and the s1 a slight buff to traverse in siege mode.  Can’t speak for the other 2 s-tanks.

Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #25 Posted Oct 08 2017 - 22:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 15076 battles
  • [POET] POET

This is the only non-premium Tier VIII I not only kept but invested a good crew in.  My favorite tank in the game almost.

Maybe if you have a crew that is a bag of butt you will be getting spotted all the time but with a camouflage crew it is glorious.  You can ride around all over the place and get into any position that's possible in the game, so you can be sniping the whole match.  The S1 is better when stationary but it can't run all over the place like DUDES 03 can.  Also the DUDES 03 can actually joust pretty well and really frustrate heavies even one on one.  I don't think that even an E5 can keep up with a DUDES 03 that runs all around it.

Rafinesque #26 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 17:12

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24326 battles

I definitely agree with the early critics in this thread: the UDES has only one role to play well: hidden sniper.  The lack of any armor, the inability to disengage quickly, and the dogfighting ability of the FV304 arty, make it hard to be a solid contributor.  If you want to maximize the tank's ability you definitely should invest in binoculars, camo net, and camo training for the crew.  You should also make sure you turn on the maximum render range circle on your minimal and try to keep your targets near that line to prevent them from ever seeing you.  Most importantly, I found the 90mm gun to simply be inadequate at T8.  While it supposedly has a DPM to match the 10cm top gun, in reality it lacks the penetration to take advantage of the higher fire rate.  Getting the 10 cm gun makes a huge difference, especially in the later stages of a battle, when the ~400 alpha damage is much more likely to one-shot wounded enemies and prevent them from shooting back (because you don't have the HP for any slugging match). 

So before you give up on the UDES 03, be sure you have upgraded it to the 10.5 cm cannon; it gives the tank a chance at being competitive at its tier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users