★ ★ ★ WZ-120-1G FT Review (Tier 8 Premium TD): The Beefed-Up Bully ★ ★ ★

The Scorpions Den WZ-120-1G FT WZ-120-1 FT Tier 8 Premium Tank Destroyer China SU-122-44 Skorpion G Review

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Scorpiany #1 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 03:01

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 30606 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

Deep within the valleys of Dragon Ridge, a blueprint floats about. A roaming monk, a former tankman who once sought to find inner peace, catches the intriguing paper. "SU-122-44" he mumbles... "I can do better". His inner spirit compels him to put aside his meditation, and improve upon the design.

In this guide, I shall cover all of the various Pros and Cons of the WZ-120-1G FT, outline the most optimal ammo / consumable / equipment loadout and give you a general overview of its gameplay style. We'll also take a look into the gun and armor performance. We'll finally wrap up by comparing it to other Tier 8 Tank Destroyers and giving the tank a final rating. Let's get started, shall we?

Table of Contents:

• General overview (Pros and Cons)
  • Equipment, ammo and consumable layout
  • Gun performance
  • Armor layout
  • Gameplay style
  • Comparison to other same-class tanks of its Tier
  • Overall Rating

General Overview (Basically a TL;DR of the rest of the guide):

Pros:

Extremely punchy cannon, with a very healthy combination of 248mm of penetration, and 440 alpha damage.

Decent shell velocity for this kind of gun, at 1,000 m/s.

Solid top speed of 50 km/h

Very fast traverse speeds for a TD; 42d/s on hard terrain and 35 d/s on grassy terrains

Good View Range for a TD, at 380m

Has a strip of spaced armor down the side armor which absorbs your shells and your soul.

Surprisingly fast reverse speed of 20km/h - The fastest on any Tier 8 TD

Very solid DPM of 2,809.

Neutrals:

Mediocre gun depression of 6 degrees. It isn't too bad because of the low profile though.

Average acceleration, at only 16.11 HP/ton. Decent ground resistances allow it to use that acceleration reasonly enough though.

Gun arc of 10 degrees to either side. It's very decent, but of course it would be much nicer to have a turret.

Mediocre accuracy of 0.35m. It's serviceable at range though.

The armor is alright. It certainly can help you out, but don't rely on it.

Cons:

Θ Very lengthy aim time of 2.78 seconds. With the gun handling stats, this translates to approximately 6 full seconds of aiming after a manuever.

Θ Frontal fuel tanks are a concern. When directly hit, you could be set on fire in a single shell.

Θ 1,100 hit points is extremely low at Tier 8; especially considering this tank's more aggressive playstyle.

Θ Commander is the Radio Operator, which makes it harder to train both Recon & Situational Awareness.

Gun Reliability dVUMD7l.png While the WZ's cannon has the raw punch to go through the enemy's armor, the gun handling can derp quite a few shells.
Frontal Armor dVUMD7l.png The frontal armor is approximately 200mm effective. This is very nice against lower Tiers, although equal Tier and higher opponents begin to give you some troubles.
Overall Armor dVUMD7l.png The side armor is reasonable; with the upper half being 80mm and the lower half 60mm. It also has a strip of spaced armor consisting of a void leading to another universe.
Survivability dVUMD7l.png Whilst the armor is decent, the hit points are not. 1,100 HP runs out very quickly; especially when you're facing tough competition or bottom Tier matchups.
Flexibility dVUMD7l.png The tank is mobile and has workable armor, but the limited gun depression and gun arc does hold it back.
Mobility dVUMD7l.png The tank has a decent accleration and a reasonable top speed; which lets it move around fairly quickly.
Agility amiqh7i.png Very solid traverse speeds and a surprisngly nice reverse speed of 20km/h allows the WZ to tease the enemy with some fancy dance moves.
Fear Factor amiqh7i.png 440 alpha on a gun with good penetration and excellent DPM definitely scares off a few people.
Short-Term Impact dVUMD7l.png The solid cannon, DPM and agility allow the WZ to quickly turn an enemy flank into mincemeat. Played well, it can be an extremely deadly tank to fight against.
Long-Term Influence amiqh7i.png The tank can hold its own very well throughout the battle, and can consistently put out some solid results. However, the lack of gun depression & limited gun arc is a drawback at times.
Carry Potential amiqh7i.png With a bit of luck on your side, the WZ is capable of sticking through even very tough matchups. It can excel with some skillful gameplay.
Profitability amiqh7i.png The WZ's gun is very punchy, on a platform capable of consistently dishing out damage. However, the derpy nature of the gun sometimes limits profitability; since the shells cost 1k apiece.

Equipment:

Gun Rammer (Recommended)If you can mount a Gun Rammer, you should. The WoZo easily surpasses 3.1k DPM with a Rammer.

Gun Laying Drive (Recommended): The lengthy aim time of 2.78 seconds is quite unfortunate to have, and the gun handling stats don't help you out. I'd definitely equip a Gun Laying Drive to help you fire off faster after any maneuver.

Coated Optics (Recommended): 380m View Range is very reasonable for a TD, and especially nice for a mobile tank with solid camouflage values. The WZ-120-1G FT is meant to be moved around, and frequently. Optics allows you to do this.

I don't recommend other equipment. The tank moves around too often for Binocs, and Vents simply aren't very useful.

Ammo:

My ammo layout on the WheyZoe is 18 AP, 12 HEAT & 5 HE.

35 shells on a tank with 440 alpha damage allows you to fully utilize your ammunition. The HE on this gun can be very decent for pestering armored tanks who have positioned themselves well, whilst the HEAT allows you to contest some of that Tier 10 armor you'll occasionally be fighting against.

Consumables:

Small First Aid Kit (Recommended): Crew deaths are infrequent, but are a consistent possibility.

Small Repair Kit (Recommended): A TD without a turret is dead if tracked. Keep a Repair Kit around.

Automatic Fire Extinguisher (Recommended)As is typical with many Chinese tanks, the fuel tanks are in the front of the WowZa. This is made worse by the fact that the fuel tanks on the WoeZae can be destroyed in a single shell; unlike tanks such as the 113. This results in one-shot fires.

Do not use Combat Rations, unless you want to burn to a crisp. Whilst it could definitely help both the gun & mobility, which work very well in unison, the chance of fire simply shouldn't be risked on a tank like this. Had the fuel tanks not been prone to getting knocked out in a single shell, Combat Rations would have been an option. Since that's not the case though, Combat Rations aren't on the table.

Guns:

The WZ-120-1G FT's gun is one of the highlights of the tank for me, and is always a threat on the battlefield.

Below, I've compared the WheeZZ's gun to the current king of Tier 8 TD's; the Skorpion G. On the left is the WeeZee's cannon, on the right is the Skorpion G's gun. A blue value is superior, whilst a green value is relatively tied (Within 5% of the other value). (Please note that all values are "stock", prior to any equipment mounting)

Guns: WiiZoo (122mm) Skorpion G (128mm)
Rate of Fire: 6.38 5.13

Aiming Time:

2.78 2.01
Accuracy: .35 .29
DPM: 2,809.33 2,513.11
Penetration: 248/310/61 246/311/65
Damage: 440/440/530 490/490/630
Shell Velocity: 1,000/1,000/1,000 920/1,150/920
Soft Stats: .19/.19/.15 .25/.25/.15
Gun Angles: -6/+15 -7/+14
Ammo Capacity: 35 30

The verdict? The WHEEzzz certainly has a powerful gun; one which compares fairly well to the Skorpion G. The UeeZ is all about adding in a flavor of DPM to the Skorpion G's already meaty gun.

A couple of things worth noting however:

Firstly, the gun handling on the two tanks is going to be equivalent. Gun handling stats also incorporate base accuracy into the effective bloom size. Even though the Skorpion G's gun handling stats appear to be significantly worse, because of its 0.29 base accuracy, it's actually going to be at the same level as the WhyZ.

Secondly, the WZ-120G FT's 6 degrees is actually better than the Skorpion G's frontal gun depression of 5 degrees. However, the Skorpion G gets a nice 7 to the sides, which can allow it some more flexibility over ridgelines.

How to play it:

The \/\/Z has a spectacular platform; one which allows for it to really float like a butterfly, and sting like a bee. It can brawl, it can flank, and it can even snipe to some degree.

Generally, I've found that aggressive gameplay works the best. When fighting lower Tier tanks, you're a bit of a one-man army. However, be careful as soon as the enemy begins hitting 200mm of penetration or above. You don't want to be the one taking the hits. Wait for your allies to provide a bit of a distraction, and as soon as you have a clearing, put 1-2 shells into the enemy vehicles.

The biggest mistake you can make while playing this dragon of a tank, is to trade away your hitpoints at the start of the battle. Avoid this! Save your HP for the second-half of the battle. This does not mean to camp, or to snipe. You still want to be up close to the enemy... But you don't want to be the one taking the hits; especially not before your allies have begun to take them.

This is where skillful gameplay really begins to differentiate this tank. When played properly, it can devastate enemy flanks regardless of the matchup. It becomes a monster right in the enemy's faces. In not-so-skilled hands, this tank is only going to show itself as a bully against lower Tiered tanks, or as a sniper.

Comparison to same-Tier Medium Tanks:

HP: Very bad.

1,100 HP is extremely low at Tier 8; especially when you'd expect some kind of a buffer given the armor it has. Only the AMX AC 48 and SU-101 have fewer hit points.

Armor:  Average. 

The WiiZee's armor is fairly average compared to other TD's. It works well against lower Tiers, and can occasionally pull off a bounce or two against other tanks; but don't rely on it.

Mobility: Good.

The WZ-120-1G FT may not be a KanonenePanzer or a UDES, but it's still very reasonably mobile. It's fun to drive around and relocate because of this.

DPM: Very Good.

The 2.8k base DPM of the WayZii is definitely on the higher end of Tier 8 TD's; and makes it all the more deadly on the battlefield.

Penetration: Average.

248mm of pen isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination at Tier 8, but it's nothing impressive for a TD either.

Alpha damage: Good.

440 alpha isn't quite the killer TD punch you may be looking for, but it's still not something to scoff at.

Aiming SpeedVery bad.

A 2.78 second aim time is quite lengthy, and does make a Gun Laying Drive very appealing to use.

Gun Handling: Good.

The gun handling isn't snap-shot material, but can still allow for quick shots at closer ranges none-the-less.

Accuracy: Average.

The accuracy on the WeghZugh is about middle-of-the-line for Tank Destroyers. It's nothing special in this regard, but it's usable too.

Shell Velocity: Average. 

Just as with the accuracy, the shell velocity on this tank doesn't stand out. It's better than the 128mm's around, but it doesn't come close to the APCR TD's.

View Range: Very Good.

380m View Range is tied for second-best for Tier 8 TD's; which is strange to say considering the FCM 36 Pak 40 has 400m at Tier 3... And Dicker Max at Tier 6.

Camo Value: Good.

This isn't a UDES, but it's still a fairly stealthy ninja on the battlefield... Until it shoots its cannon. That's when all eyes are on it.

Battle effectiveness: Very Good.

This tank has a punchy gun on a mobile platform with some solid View Range and camouflage values. This creates a TD that can be played aggressively amongst its allies, and can constantly make its presence very much so known.

Overall Rating:

8.5/10 (Very Good)

The WZ-120-1G FT, as fun as it can be to play around with how to say its name, is certainly no laughing matter on the battlefield. This is a deadly assassin, and can become a real beast on the battlefield as soon as a bit of pizzazz is tossed into its gameplay.

It's fast, punchy and stealthy. It makes some solid Credits, and can carry battles. What's not to like? Well... The gun depression and limited gun arc. Those are the primary limiting factors of this tank; something which is typical for the Chinese TD's.

In the past, I would have considered this kind of tank to be overpowered, but let's be realistic here - The game has been changing quite a bit over the past year. Powercreep has occurred, and as a result, this tank is no longer the "next best thing". It's definitely a very solid TD; there's no arguing against it... But would I consider it OP, or unbalanced? Not really. At the very least, it's more reasonable than the SU-122-44 is at Tier 7. The DPM is less while being a Tier higher, but the tank also has proper penetration so you're not tempted to do nothing but spam APCR (Or HEAT in the WZ's case), shells.

Thanks for reading! I hope this guide was helpful! I genuinely wish all of you the very best of luck and fun, both in real life and on the battlefield.

(As with all Chinese tanks, having long lived in the rough terrain of Dragon Ridge, the WZ-120-1G FT has long since adapted to find "other" ways to navigate)

Edited by Scorpiany, Sep 22 2017 - 04:26.

HowitzerBlitzer #2 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 03:03

Major

• Players
  • 14993 battles

OP at it again with the crappy map textures!

You could use a new PC, one that can run over 70 FPS while streaming.

Derp_o7 #3 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 03:04

Captain

• Players
  • 31092 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO

Good review.

Also, the Skorp G has a 128mm, not a 100mm

tanopasman62 #4 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 03:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 14403 battles
Another pay2win tier 8, Chinese bias made up tanks no less, tier 6 is gonna be cancer this week.

Scorpiany #5 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 03:08

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 30606 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostDerp_o7, on Sep 20 2017 - 19:04, said:

Good review.

Also, the Skorp G has a 128mm, not a 100mm

Thanks! That's been fixed. That may have found its way in there from the last review... :P

landedkiller #6 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 03:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7802 battles

View PostScorpiany, on Sep 20 2017 - 20:01, said:

Deep within the valleys of Dragon Ridge, a blueprint floats about. A roaming monk, a former tankman who once sought to find inner peace, catches the intriguing paper. "SU-122-44" he mumbles... "I can do better". His inner spirit compels him to put aside his meditation, and improve upon the design.

In this guide, I shall cover all of the various Pros and Cons of the WZ-120-1G FT, outline the most optimal ammo / consumable / equipment loadout and give you a general overview of its gameplay style. We'll also take a look into the gun and armor performance. We'll finally wrap up by comparing it to other Tier 8 Tank Destroyers and giving the tank a final rating. Let's get started, shall we?

Table of Contents:

• General overview (Pros and Cons)
  • Equipment, ammo and consumable layout
  • Gun performance
  • Armor layout
  • Gameplay style
  • Comparison to other same-class tanks of its Tier
  • Overall Rating

General Overview (Basically a TL;DR of the rest of the guide):

Pros:

Extremely punchy cannon, with a very healthy combination of 248mm of penetration, and 440 alpha damage.

Decent shell velocity for this kind of gun, at 1,000 m/s.

Solid top speed of 50 km/h

Very fast traverse speeds for a TD; 42d/s on hard terrain and 35 d/s on grassy terrains

Good View Range for a TD, at 380m

Has a strip of spaced armor down the side armor which absorbs your shells and your soul.

Surprisingly fast reverse speed of 20km/h - The fastest on any Tier 8 TD

Very solid DPM of 2,809.

Neutrals:

Mediocre gun depression of 6 degrees. It isn't too bad because of the low profile though.

Average acceleration, at only 16.11 HP/ton. Decent ground resistances allow it to use that acceleration reasonly enough though.

Gun arc of 10 degrees to either side. It's very decent, but of course it would be much nicer to have a turret.

Mediocre accuracy of 0.35m. It's serviceable at range though.

The armor is alright. It certainly can help you out, but don't rely on it.

Cons:

Θ Very lengthy aim time of 2.78 seconds. With the gun handling stats, this translates to approximately 6 full seconds of aiming after a manuever.

Θ Frontal fuel tanks are a concern. When directly hit, you could be set on fire in a single shell.

Θ 1,100 hit points is extremely low at Tier 8; especially considering this tank's more aggressive playstyle.

Θ Commander is the Radio Operator, which makes it harder to train both Recon & Situational Awareness.

Gun Reliability dVUMD7l.png While the WZ's cannon has the raw punch to go through the enemy's armor, the gun handling can derp quite a few shells.
Frontal Armor dVUMD7l.png The frontal armor is approximately 200mm effective. This is very nice against lower Tiers, although equal Tier and higher opponents begin to give you some troubles.
Overall Armor dVUMD7l.png The side armor is reasonable; with the upper half being 80mm and the lower half 60mm. It also has a strip of spaced armor consisting of a void leading to another universe.
Survivability dVUMD7l.png Whilst the armor is decent, the hit points are not. 1,100 HP runs out very quickly; especially when you're facing tough competition or bottom Tier matchups.
Flexibility dVUMD7l.png The tank is mobile and has workable armor, but the limited gun depression and gun arc does hold it back.
Mobility dVUMD7l.png The tank has a decent accleration and a reasonable top speed; which lets it move around fairly quickly.
Agility amiqh7i.png Very solid traverse speeds and a surprisngly nice reverse speed of 20km/h allows the WZ to tease the enemy with some fancy dance moves.
Fear Factor amiqh7i.png 440 alpha on a gun with good penetration and excellent DPM definitely scares off a few people.
Short-Term Impact dVUMD7l.png The solid cannon, DPM and agility allow the WZ to quickly turn an enemy flank into mincemeat. Played well, it can be an extremely deadly tank to fight against.
Long-Term Influence amiqh7i.png The tank can hold its own very well throughout the battle, and can consistently put out some solid results. However, the lack of gun depression & limited gun arc is a drawback at times.
Carry Potential amiqh7i.png With a bit of luck on your side, the WZ is capable of sticking through even very tough matchups. It can excel with some skillful gameplay.
Profitability amiqh7i.png The WZ's gun is very punchy, on a platform capable of consistently dishing out damage. However, the derpy nature of the gun sometimes limits profitability; since the shells cost 1k apiece.

Equipment:

Gun Rammer (Recommended)If you can mount a Gun Rammer, you should. The WoZo easily surpasses 3.1k DPM with a Rammer.

Gun Laying Drive (Recommended): The lengthy aim time of 2.78 seconds is quite unfortunate to have, and the gun handling stats don't help you out. I'd definitely equip a Gun Laying Drive to help you fire off faster after any maneuver.

Coated Optics (Recommended): 380m View Range is very reasonable for a TD, and especially nice for a mobile tank with solid camouflage values. The WZ-120-1G FT is meant to be moved around, and frequently. Optics allows you to do this.

I don't recommend other equipment. The tank moves around too often for Binocs, and Vents simply aren't very useful.

Ammo:

My ammo layout on the WheyZoe is 18 AP, 12 HEAT & 5 HE.

35 shells on a tank with 440 alpha damage allows you to fully utilize your ammunition. The HE on this gun can be very decent for pestering armored tanks who have positioned themselves well, whilst the HEAT allows you to contest some of that Tier 10 armor you'll occasionally be fighting against.

Consumables:

Small First Aid Kit (Recommended): Crew deaths are infrequent, but are a consistent possibility.

Small Repair Kit (Recommended): A TD without a turret is dead if tracked. Keep a Repair Kit around.

Automatic Fire Extinguisher (Recommended)As is typical with many Chinese tanks, the fuel tanks are in the front of the WowZa. This is made worse by the fact that the fuel tanks on the WoeZae can be destroyed in a single shell; unlike tanks such as the 113. This results in one-shot fires.

Do not use Combat Rations, unless you want to burn to a crisp. Whilst it could definitely help both the gun & mobility, which work very well in unison, the chance of fire simply shouldn't be risked on a tank like this. Had the fuel tanks not been prone to getting knocked out in a single shell, Combat Rations would have been an option. Since that's not the case though, Combat Rations aren't on the table.

Guns:

The WZ-120-1G FT's gun is one of the highlights of the tank for me, and is always a threat on the battlefield.

Below, I've compared the WheeZZ's gun to the current king of Tier 8 TD's; the Skorpion G. On the left is the WeeZee's cannon, on the right is the Skorpion G's gun. A blue value is superior, whilst a green value is relatively tied (Within 5% of the other value). (Please note that all values are "stock", prior to any equipment mounting)

Guns: WiiZoo (122mm) Skorpion G (128mm)
Rate of Fire: 6.38 5.13

Aiming Time:

2.78 2.01
Accuracy: .35 .29
DPM: 2,809.33 2,513.11
Penetration: 248/310/61 246/311/65
Damage: 440/440/530 490/490/630
Shell Velocity: 1,000/1,000/1,000 920/1,150/920
Soft Stats: .19/.19/.15 .25/.25/.15
Gun Angles: -6/+15 -7/+14
Ammo Capacity: 35 30

The verdict? The WHEEzzz certainly has a powerful gun; one which compares fairly well to the Skorpion G. The UeeZ is all about adding in a flavor of DPM to the Skorpion G's already meaty gun.

A couple of things worth noting however:

Firstly, the gun handling on the two tanks is going to be equivalent. Gun handling stats also incorporate base accuracy into the effective bloom size. Even though the Skorpion G's gun handling stats appear to be significantly worse, because of its 0.29 base accuracy, it's actually going to be at the same level as the WhyZ.

Secondly, the WZ-120G FT's 6 degrees is actually better than the Skorpion G's frontal gun depression of 5 degrees. However, the Skorpion G gets a nice 7 to the sides, which can allow it some more flexibility over ridgelines.

How to play it:

The \/\/Z has a spectacular platform; one which allows for it to really float like a butterfly, and sting like a bee. It can brawl, it can flank, and it can even snipe to some degree.

Generally, I've found that aggressive gameplay works the best. When fighting lower Tier tanks, you're a bit of a one-man army. However, be careful as soon as the enemy begins hitting 200mm of penetration or above. You don't want to be the one taking the hits. Wait for your allies to provide a bit of a distraction, and as soon as you have a clearing, put 1-2 shells into the enemy vehicles.

The biggest mistake you can make while playing this dragon of a tank, is to trade away your hitpoints at the start of the battle. Avoid this! Save your HP for the second-half of the battle. This does not mean to camp, or to snipe. You still want to be up close to the enemy... But you don't want to be the one taking the hits; especially not before your allies have begun to take them.

This is where skillful gameplay really begins to differentiate this tank. When played properly, it can devastate enemy flanks regardless of the matchup. It becomes a monster right in the enemy's faces. In not-so-skilled hands, this tank is only going to show itself as a bully against lower Tiered tanks, or as a sniper.

Comparison to same-Tier Medium Tanks:

HP: Very bad.

1,100 HP is extremely low at Tier 8; especially when you'd expect some kind of a buffer given the armor it has. Only the AMX AC 48 and SU-101 have fewer hit points.

Armor:  Average. 

The WiiZee's armor is fairly average compared to other TD's. It works well against lower Tiers, and can occasionally pull off a bounce or two against other tanks; but don't rely on it.

Mobility: Good.

The WZ-120-1G FT may not be a KanonenePanzer or a UDES, but it's still very reasonably mobile. It's fun to drive around and relocate because of this.

DPM: Very Good.

The 2.8k base DPM of the WayZii is definitely on the higher end of Tier 8 TD's; and makes it all the more deadly on the battlefield.

Penetration: Average.

248mm of pen isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination at Tier 8, but it's nothing impressive for a TD either.

Alpha damage: Good.

440 alpha isn't quite the killer TD punch you may be looking for, but it's still not something to scoff at.

Aiming SpeedVery bad.

A 2.78 second aim time is quite lengthy, and does make a Gun Laying Drive very appealing to use.

Gun Handling: Good.

The gun handling isn't snap-shot material, but can still allow for quick shots at closer ranges none-the-less.

Accuracy: Average.

The accuracy on the WeghZugh is about middle-of-the-line for Tank Destroyers. It's nothing special in this regard, but it's usable too.

Shell Velocity: Average. 

Just as with the accuracy, the shell velocity on this tank doesn't stand out. It's better than the 128mm's around, but it doesn't come close to the APCR TD's.

View Range: Best in class.

380m View Range is tied for the best for Tier 8 TD's; which is strange to say considering the FCM 36 Pak 40 has 400m at Tier 3... And Dicker Max at Tier 6.

Camo Value: Good.

This isn't a UDES, but it's still a fairly stealthy ninja on the battlefield... Until it shoots its cannon. That's when all eyes are on it.

Battle effectiveness: Very Good.

This tank has a punchy gun on a mobile platform with some solid View Range and camouflage values. This creates a TD that can be played aggressively amongst its allies, and can constantly make its presence very much so known.

Overall Rating:

8.5/10 (Very Good)

The WZ-120-1G FT, as fun as it can be to play around with how to say its name, is certainly no laughing matter on the battlefield. This is a deadly assassin, and can become a real beast on the battlefield as soon as a bit of pizzazz is tossed into its gameplay.

It's fast, punchy and stealthy. It makes some solid Credits, and can carry battles. What's not to like? Well... The gun depression and limited gun arc. Those are the primary limiting factors of this tank; something which is typical for the Chinese TD's.

In the past, I would have considered this kind of tank to be overpowered, but let's be realistic here - The game has been changing quite a bit over the past year. Powercreep has occurred, and as a result, this tank is no longer the "next best thing". It's definitely a very solid TD; there's no arguing against it... But would I consider it OP, or unbalanced? Not really. At the very least, it's more reasonable than the SU-122-44 is at Tier 7. The DPM is less while being a Tier higher, but the tank also has proper penetration so you're not tempted to do nothing but spam APCR (Or HEAT in the WZ's case), shells.

Thanks for reading! I hope this guide was helpful! I genuinely wish all of you the very best of luck and fun, both in real life and on the battlefield.

(As with all Chinese tanks, having long lived in the rough terrain of Dragon Ridge, the WZ-120-1G FT has long since adapted to find "other" ways to navigate)

They need to start having your reviews in the wiki for world of tanks just like littlemouse is for world of warships. Your guide is decent in length and informative. Yes I am being serious

Pepino1976 #7 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 03:24

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26164 battles

View PostScorpiany, on Sep 20 2017 - 18:01, said:

Ha ha. SU-122-44. That is the same tank it reminded me of, just reimagined as a Tier VIII version.

Thanks for your equipment suggestions. I'm still deciding if I get one (the $45 low-end bundle) if I'll go with your aggressive equipment load out or go with a sniper load out as they have on the upper bundles.

• Aggressive - Gun Rammer, Gun Laying Drive, Coated Optics
  • Sniper - Gun Rammer, Camouflage Net, Binoculars

Nice guide.

Riptide109 #8 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 03:37

Major

• Players
  • 10473 battles

Again with the climbing, really? I hope WG seriously removes all of the spots on these maps. It's a dumb "mechanic" that should have never been added.

Good review though.

Scorpiany #9 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 03:47

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 30606 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostRiptide109, on Sep 20 2017 - 19:37, said:

Again with the climbing, really? I hope WG seriously removes all of the spots on these maps. It's a dumb "mechanic" that should have never been added.

Good review though.

Says the person in a Discord entirely dedicated to mountain goating. :P

Riptide109 #10 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 03:49

Major

• Players
  • 10473 battles

View PostScorpiany, on Sep 20 2017 - 18:47, said:

Says the person in a Discord entirely dedicated to mountain goating. :P

I see you've decided to ignore the NSFW channel

saru_richard #11 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 03:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 21480 battles
  • [H-H] H-H
but is it balance

TwinTanker #12 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 03:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13704 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View Postsaru_richard, on Sep 20 2017 - 18:50, said:

but is it balance

Tovarish! DA Comrade! Ivan we make good tank for good money!

TwinTanker #13 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 03:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13704 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostHowitzerBlitzer, on Sep 20 2017 - 18:03, said:

Interestingly enough, bad textures are nice because they make shrubbery invisible when within 15 meters. Also, not all of us are rich like you :P.

Necrolegion #14 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 04:04

Major

• Players
  • 15862 battles

View PostScorpiany, on Sep 20 2017 - 18:01, said:

I'll just leave this here....

EDIT

Maybe this too!

Edited by Necrolegion, Sep 21 2017 - 04:07.

TwinTanker #15 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 04:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13704 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostNecrolegion, on Sep 20 2017 - 19:04, said:

I'll just leave this here....

https://youtu.be/d25O7qQ3Sn4
GAS GAS GAS!

TheLordZeus #16 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 04:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30024 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL

Hey look!!! Another motherfreaking premium tank!! They are now at what....1 new motherfreaking premium tank a week?????? 

God Wargaming....awesome $$$$$ model it has going now.

I been making a joke that soon the normal tank lines are going to be replaced with premium tank lines.........at this rate...the joke will be on us at the rate Wargaming is shoving premium tanks down our throats.

But dear god...no new maps!!! Keep the same motherfreaking boring stupid map rotation.

RF_Van #17 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 04:57

Captain

• Players
  • 9815 battles
Well written, nicely organized, good info...thanks.

SilverEaglewing #18 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 05:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30667 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

View PostHowitzerBlitzer, on Sep 21 2017 - 02:03, said:

proof that having good textures on your game doesn't make you a better player.

LeaveIT2Beaver #19 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 05:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 28343 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG
Nice one Scorpiany !

Mikosah #20 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 05:32

Major

• Players
  • 17520 battles

The thing that stands out about the eggroll cannon is that it has the usual TD strengths- high DPM, good alpha, abundant penetration, low profile, good camo, et cetera, but its also well rounded enough to avoid the usual TD problems. The view range is high enough to feasibly run optics rather than binoculars. The traverse and reverse speeds are good enough to avoid getting circled by most things. The overall armor situation is actually quite respectable, but without having to sacrifice mobility. And of course being premium, its justified in having to put up with being tier 8 if only because of the bonuses to earnings and crew training.

The one problem is the aim time, but you can stack the laying drive and food to fix that. As of the risks that come with frontal fuel tanks, the situation isn't actually that bad because your hit points are so low anyway that if you're taking risky hits to begin with, your life expectancy would be super low either way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users