premium tanks and clan wars

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

DKHitz #1 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 05:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9100 battles
  • [26TH] 26TH

im sure i will get the typical wargaming apologists but here it goes anyways.

for starters, if you got $6 or $7 burning a hole in your pocketbook.  you can give that to wargaming in the means of purchasing a tier 2 or tier 3 tank.  now most would ask the question "why would anyone in their right mind spend real money on a low tier tank?".  and that is a perfectly good question to ask, why would someone bother.  isnt wot all about high tiers, so why bother with whimpy tier 2 or tier 3 premium tanks?

i have mentioned several times before about how wargaming just isnt taking full advantage of their game in terms of clan wars - stronghold.  limiting to tier 6, 8 and 10 solely, excludes a great deal of customers that just dont have the time to be full time wot players or even part time wot players.  they can only allot a short amount of time so they are wanting the most "bang for their buck".  which is a big reason that premium tanks are out there.

in making lower tier clan stronghold battles, gives more access to more players which keeps them motivated for more and higher tiers.  now take for instance an idea for lower tiers.  since one of the means to winning a battle is to capture the enemies flag and not lose yours, simply make that a sole goal of a low tier clan stronghold.  make premium tanks abit better at fulfilling this and so it entices customers into buying them because they arent at high tier levels but still contribute, abeit at lower tier.  for the "kill em all" fan club, you only get a draw because the goal was flag capture and prevent of yours being.  so one or two stay back to defend and keep the enemy at bay long enough for capture victory.

there are some pretty fast premium tanks for sale to which those clans or legionnaires wanting to be gems for any clan, would throw some real money for those better then nation tree tanks.

I_Like_Tuwtles #2 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 06:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17076 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
The only issue is that this will make the skill gaps even wider. This is how it would work. The tier 6 CW clans who feel bullied would simply go down to lower tier strongholds and just start beating up on inexperienced players.

I_Like_Tuwtles #3 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 06:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17076 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Not to mention that the gold earned, if any, would be an abysmal amount.

DKHitz #4 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 00:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9100 battles
  • [26TH] 26TH

so that is any different then what happens now in random?

as for gold or industrial points, you dont see back up wide receivers make bank but they do make league minimum but they get the chance to show their talent during practice, i.e. lower tier skirmish, so when someone in the starting lineup goes down, i.e. clan member that is a typical always there but isnt, then the clan has experienced in stronghold who can be worked into tier 6.  yes they wont have the most experienced tank crew but if they got real money and want to retrain their lower tier crew into that tier 6 tank then bingo.  or if not then its simply where the clan assists in getting that persons tank crew better.

lower tier isnt to be a gold "cash cow" it is meant to get new clan people who are new to wot, more familiar with stronghold as they become more familiar with wot and also it creates more in a clan that play stronghold to which they are contributing to the clan

Edited by DKHitz, Sep 23 2017 - 00:42.

MooshMash #5 Posted Oct 01 2017 - 23:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 12391 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
If someone can't put in the time to get to a tier 10, then they probably don't have the experience or the skill needed to win many if any clan wars matches.  People that are new to the game don't need to be put into clan wars, that's just setting them up to fail.  As he said above, bad t6 clans would just drop down to t4.  Does that make them better players? No.  Does it help the people in t4 who get stomped by them?  No.  Multiple tiered clan wars was a bad idea to begin with and I'm glad to see it gone.  If you're going to be fighting for gold, you had better come with experience and you had better come with tanks.  Any less than that and you're rewarding people for mediocrity and crushing those who do wish to improve but don't have the experience early on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users