Jump to content


We want back the 1 x 1, 3 x 3 tournaments, 5 x 5 back

tournaments world of tanks wargaming

27 replies to this topic

__Hawkeye_ #21 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 16:32

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 22851 battles
  • 183
  • Member since:
    05-07-2014
I enjoyed the tournaments. Very fun. Yes, bring them back please. 

Hawkeye1a #22 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 21:14

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11381 battles
  • 205
  • Member since:
    05-10-2011
:izmena:​ plz  bring them back  !!   :arta:

TheAprilFool #23 Posted Dec 02 2017 - 01:39

    Captain

  • Players
  • 51286 battles
  • 1,524
  • [BAKED] BAKED
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012
:girl: Please!

poison50 #24 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 10:23

    Private

  • Players
  • 36472 battles
  • 7
  • [101BA] 101BA
  • Member since:
    03-09-2012
Please bring back our tourny's and stop with the crap all the time, or it sounds like to me that there will be alot of players giving it up, wake up.

poison50 #25 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 10:27

    Private

  • Players
  • 36472 battles
  • 7
  • [101BA] 101BA
  • Member since:
    03-09-2012
We need our smaller tourny's to make some gold and feel like we have done something good, instead we have to go into your bigger ones and allways have the bigger clans come in and take all the gold from those tourny's, and what happened to fair play on those notes, u need to have the tourny's set in different catigories so the lower end players then have a better chance at some gold, wake up please.

PigDogg #26 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 02:41

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 22256 battles
  • 9
  • [FADES] FADES
  • Member since:
    01-15-2015

Friday - December 08, 2017 

Most people would like to see the return of the 1 v 1, 3 v 3, 5 v 5 tourneys for GOLD prizes. They were thrilling and if you played reasonably well you could pick up some GOLD. Made it feel like you achieved something. For me these little tourneys were by far the most enjoyable part of the game. The gold would allow a player to progress in the game at a reasonable pace. You could buy garage slots, retrain a crew if you needed or wanted to move them for some reason, you could even use it to acquire free XP to permit you to upgrade a newly purchased tank rather than having to endure the unpleasant grind of building up XP to get the upgraded equipment. I hated grinding a stock tank. It was frustrating enough to make me want to stop playing World of Tanks entirely. The gold tourneys allowed you to avoid the most uncomfortable grinds. When WG cancelled the gold tourneys I wanted to just quit the game.

 

Well, here we are several months after WarGaming canceled the tourneys. Why did they cancel them ? Will they bring them back ?

 

Keep in mind that WarGaming is a business concern. They have owners, investors and employees. Their primary objective is to make money. You can't fault them for that. ALL of their decisions regarding the design and structure of the game and its associated organizational elements are to maximize their profit. Of course they make more money if they make the game fun to play and design it in a fashion that compels players to continue to play and get their friends to play. The more people that play = more people purchasing items that require real money to obtain = more profit for WarGaming.

 

So why did they cancel the tourneys ? Well, someone working at WG said : " ok, now we have X million players who have become accustomed to a regular source of GOLD income with the 1 v 1, 3 v 3, 5 v 5 tourneys for GOLD prizes - if we stop that source of GOLD income what will those players do ? " . The department leader for that division said - " ok, lets test the response to cancelling those tourneys and see how many people just BUY the gold for real money ". 

 

So thats what they did. They cancelled the tourneys and they monitored how many of us just started buying the GOLD that they had become reliant on for normal game progress operations. WarGaming discovered that lets say, 62% of the people that were playing the tourneys for gold just started buying the gold when the tourneys were cut off. The other 38% just ignored it. But that extra income for WG translated into lets say, $13 million per quarter. The guy that suggested cancelling the tourneys got a little bonus and the WG division leader got a big pay raise. 

 

We as a community of gamers must remember that WG is not doing anything "for" us - instead, they are acting in a way to maximize their profits. Let me tell you all, they really really want our money. Every possible penny they can get. Every time they can sell us something rather than give it to us they will. 

 

Do you think they are willing to cut off that extra revenue they are enjoying buy selling GOLD and reintroducing the tourneys we all love ? Ha ha, what do you think ?

 

 



chicharron_atomico #27 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 19:44

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 46241 battles
  • 29
  • [HHL] HHL
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

Wargaming not be more rats than you are, we wont the tournaments back and naw!!!

 



Paladin1954 #28 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 20:12

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 89342 battles
  • 209
  • [WWIII] WWIII
  • Member since:
    03-30-2013

View PostPigDogg, on Dec 08 2017 - 20:41, said:

Friday - December 08, 2017

Most people would like to see the return of the 1 v 1, 3 v 3, 5 v 5 tourneys for GOLD prizes. They were thrilling and if you played reasonably well you could pick up some GOLD. Made it feel like you achieved something. For me these little tourneys were by far the most enjoyable part of the game. The gold would allow a player to progress in the game at a reasonable pace. You could buy garage slots, retrain a crew if you needed or wanted to move them for some reason, you could even use it to acquire free XP to permit you to upgrade a newly purchased tank rather than having to endure the unpleasant grind of building up XP to get the upgraded equipment. I hated grinding a stock tank. It was frustrating enough to make me want to stop playing World of Tanks entirely. The gold tourneys allowed you to avoid the most uncomfortable grinds. When WG cancelled the gold tourneys I wanted to just quit the game.

 

Well, here we are several months after WarGaming canceled the tourneys. Why did they cancel them ? Will they bring them back ?

 

Keep in mind that WarGaming is a business concern. They have owners, investors and employees. Their primary objective is to make money. You can't fault them for that. ALL of their decisions regarding the design and structure of the game and its associated organizational elements are to maximize their profit. Of course they make more money if they make the game fun to play and design it in a fashion that compels players to continue to play and get their friends to play. The more people that play = more people purchasing items that require real money to obtain = more profit for WarGaming.

 

So why did they cancel the tourneys ? Well, someone working at WG said : " ok, now we have X million players who have become accustomed to a regular source of GOLD income with the 1 v 1, 3 v 3, 5 v 5 tourneys for GOLD prizes - if we stop that source of GOLD income what will those players do ? " . The department leader for that division said - " ok, lets test the response to cancelling those tourneys and see how many people just BUY the gold for real money ".

 

So thats what they did. They cancelled the tourneys and they monitored how many of us just started buying the GOLD that they had become reliant on for normal game progress operations. WarGaming discovered that lets say, 62% of the people that were playing the tourneys for gold just started buying the gold when the tourneys were cut off. The other 38% just ignored it. But that extra income for WG translated into lets say, $13 million per quarter. The guy that suggested cancelling the tourneys got a little bonus and the WG division leader got a big pay raise.

 

We as a community of gamers must remember that WG is not doing anything "for" us - instead, they are acting in a way to maximize their profits. Let me tell you all, they really really want our money. Every possible penny they can get. Every time they can sell us something rather than give it to us they will.

 

Do you think they are willing to cut off that extra revenue they are enjoying buy selling GOLD and reintroducing the tourneys we all love ? Ha ha, what do you think ?

 

 

 

I used to play the weekly tourneys and I miss them.As for gold I get some every month by completeing the Tank Rewards missions.I have most of the premium tanks in my garage so I pick the tier 5 or 6 that's worth the most gold every month.Saying that I hope they don't change this and give out credits in liew of gold like they have been known to do in the past.



Reply to this topic



  



Also tagged with tournaments, world of tanks, wargaming

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users