Please post your concerns about SPG/Artillery here (Seriously)

SPG Artillery Scumbags ignore complaining trolls

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

TheBaldguy #41 Posted Sep 30 2017 - 00:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7142 battles

View Posteagleninja, on Sep 29 2017 - 14:17, said:

Is is just me or does everyone get automatically tracked every time I am hit directly by sky cancer? Wargaming should have an option to opt out of games with SPGs. 

As far as I know, I've never been tracked when you've been directly hit, so maybe it is you? :P Seriously, though I've been hit many times in a tank known for throwing tracks without getting tracked, and I've hit many a tank in arty directly and not tracked it. So I'd say it isn't "automatic", but merely you not remembering the times you were hit but not tracked because it wasn't as big of a deal and we tend to focus on the bigger deals. You can see this when someone is hit repeatedly by a TD or remote medium, but that arty shot that came in at the end and finished off his last 20 HP triggers a rant against arty. Yeah, the TD who tracked you, then took away 1480 hit points isn't the reason you died, it is the arty with his 20 hit points of damage that finished you that carries the blame.  It is just how the mind works unless we train it otherwise. /shrug

TheBaldguy #42 Posted Sep 30 2017 - 01:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7142 battles

View PostNotEnuffDakka, on Sep 28 2017 - 11:34, said:

Not really. Do you mean to invalidate his opinion through his stats?

I'm not sure he knows what his point was. Looking back at the thread all he has done is take shots at people who don't seem to agree with him, but it isn't exactly clear. Maybe he is showing that having me on your team in my non-stunning arty might increase your chances of winning? Maybe he meant to show that I am still improving (winrate and wn8) with my only ~6200 battles of WoT experience. However, when someone just posts numbers and an assertion like that it is a smarter bet to figure out what the stats actually show and figure they thought they proved the opposite so no conclusions can drawn. Mostly because most people not only do not understand statistics, but are actually fundamentally wrong about them. But who knows, maybe it was just too much Spongebob? It isn't like there is a lot to do in Poky. ;) Either way, making posts like that say more about the poster than they do about the one he is posting about. I figure if he had a tenable argument he'd have made one. /shrug

But either way, at least now I know I'm not a "tomato", or a "potato", since apparently I'm merely "green". So .. thanks?

sgian_dubh_1973 #43 Posted Oct 01 2017 - 11:33

Private

• -Players-
  • 18387 battles
If you want to focus on one SPG gameplay aspect that is a built-in cheat, and probably worse than most of the illegal mods out there, is the ability of SPGs to see gun muzzle flash and other terrain changes (eg - falling trees, fences being broken, etc.) when a spotting tank is NOWHERE close to the event.  I have been killed by counter artillery so many times after only shooting once.  Really - if you want to fix the game, start with fixing what is blatantly a built-in cheat.  As a tanker (of any class), I shouldn't have to worry about an SPG seeing my gun muzzle flash from across the map - and my game performance shouldn't suffer just because there is a broken mechanic in the game that shouldn't even exist.  If you want to start fixing SPG gameplay, and make a positive impact with respect to attitude toward the vehicle class, then fixing this one aspect would be a positive move.  Until it is fixed, I guess I will join the other cheaters and start purposely counter-battery fire to kill as many SPGs as possible.  Perhaps if I kill enough artillery in this manner, WG will receive enough complaints to do something about the issue.

TheBaldguy #44 Posted Oct 01 2017 - 19:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7142 battles

View Postsgian_dubh_1973, on Oct 01 2017 - 04:33, said:

If you want to focus on one SPG gameplay aspect that is a built-in cheat, and probably worse than most of the illegal mods out there, is the ability of SPGs to see gun muzzle flash and other terrain changes (eg - falling trees, fences being broken, etc.) when a spotting tank is NOWHERE close to the event.  I have been killed by counter artillery so many times after only shooting once.  Really - if you want to fix the game, start with fixing what is blatantly a built-in cheat.  As a tanker (of any class), I shouldn't have to worry about an SPG seeing my gun muzzle flash from across the map - and my game performance shouldn't suffer just because there is a broken mechanic in the game that shouldn't even exist.  If you want to start fixing SPG gameplay, and make a positive impact with respect to attitude toward the vehicle class, then fixing this one aspect would be a positive move.  Until it is fixed, I guess I will join the other cheaters and start purposely counter-battery fire to kill as many SPGs as possible.  Perhaps if I kill enough artillery in this manner, WG will receive enough complaints to do something about the issue.

Shoot, move, shoot, move. If you've not been spotted this will usually keep you from getting CB-ed on a given shot.

That said, yes, most people including arty players, actually agree with not being able to see environment changes unless a spotter had the effect occur in their vision range. However, WG wants CB in the game so they'd have to find a way to keep CB while removing terrain destruction. I think that could easily be done in code (and yes, I know what that means), but even better would be to make the flash visible under the same conditions: is it in active view range of a spotter? If so, it shows up. Indeed given what the minimap is a representation of, a blip should occur on the minimap - to simulate the spotter calling it in just as they do with vehicles. It would have to be a blip and should fade quickly. But that would address the fundamental mechanical issue with either arty view.

This is something that both arty players and non-arty players agree on. If we really wanted WG to make a positive change, having "both sides" in agreement on it could be far more effective than each "side" just ranting about a bunch of things.

mob12345678 #45 Posted Oct 02 2017 - 04:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20551 battles
Giving an Arty Autoloader is not making sense. How can you give something that is annoying 3 shells to shoot within 7 seconds? Especially a tier 10 >:O British arties is the most horrible arties in the game

Edited by mob12345678, Oct 02 2017 - 04:48.

Beltfed_ #46 Posted Oct 02 2017 - 23:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27842 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
.Arty spoils the enjoyment of the game for everyone except the mental midgets that play arty.  Just get rid of it.  Give the game a chance to grow in popularity

mob12345678 #47 Posted Oct 03 2017 - 03:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20551 battles
The LEFH is one of the most ANNOY arty that deals 401 damage to an o-i exp, I mean really, why does French get the most powerful arties, they have a 4 second reloading LEFH and a 3 clip auto laoder...what more BS would oyu make for their arty and sometimes they arties is like the most accurate

Cmdr_Adama_BSG75 #48 Posted Oct 05 2017 - 04:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37962 battles
  • [GST] GST

I've noticed that 3 arties per match are no longer the norm. Usually one or two, three once in awhile. If we could get it down to ONE per match, that would be great.

LcdrSwizzle #49 Posted Oct 05 2017 - 16:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43854 battles
I think that one or two arty per battle is enough, never allow three.

the_Deadly_Bulb #50 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 05:45

Major

• Players
  • 27056 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

My complaints regarding arty are as follows:

_Hatsune__Miku_ #51 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 14:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33981 battles

My only complain is about the removal of the AP rounds on the T92.

can we have them back plz?

:arta:...

Edited by _Hatsune__Miku_, Oct 06 2017 - 14:18.

mob12345678 #52 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 15:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20551 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Oct 06 2017 - 04:45, said:

My complaints regarding arty are as follows:

Try using the Japs Heavy line, you would feel the full effect of arty

imamedic #53 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 14:54

Private

• Players
  • 7456 battles

Here's what I'd love to see:

To address arty, make the dispersion ring start huge and get consistently tighter with each shot fired in the same small area.  Direct observation by a scout tank increases the speed at which arty dials in.  This way, as a tank you have the chance to see a couple arty rounds coming in before you start getting hit and if you choose to stay in that position, it's the risk you take.  This also increases the value of scout/artillery cooperation.  It would also be amazing if artillery had access to smoke rounds, though I'm not sure how that would fit the game and if the engine could support it.

Command tanks.  They could do all kinds of cool stuff.  Call in a light barrage, or smoke, or give some sort of passive fire control bonus or radio range bonus or if your command tank is dead, spotting via radio takes an additional couple seconds.  Limit them to one per match, make them the focus of a special game type, whatever.  I can't believe these aren't in the game in some form or other.

cavalry11 #54 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 20:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49167 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
need to un nerf arty you cant do enough damage to matter in battle went from 3 to6 kills per battle to lucky to get 1.

vit4567 #55 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 03:45

Private

• -Players-
  • 3557 battles
  • [MS0B] MS0B

Not to keep this topic going, but had some ideas adn wanted to throw them somewhere.  I agree with some of the posts what arty brings to the game.  At times it helps keep people moving, i.e. not camping.  But I've at many times had games to where i'm the only one attacking and get nailed constantly by artillery even tho i'm on the move, which to me seems strange that they are so good that on the move they can destroy you.  I thought adding a small bit to arty to keep them moving than camping and in turn would keep them from going to a small corner of the map and sitting silent.  They should, once fired, be seen on the map for say 3 secs to allow a anti artillery attack.  they would have to fire and move.  Just an idea.. This gives other artillery change to hit or light tanks a goal to get to and remove from the field.  Would have to defend as well.  I'm sure the arty drivers would disagree, but I hope they can come to some compromise of some sort, or even another idea.

Ratnikk #56 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 06:13

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12959 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD
Most arty haters have played only a handful of games with spgs and yet they think theyre entitled to give opinions about nerfs.

Edited by Ratnikk, Feb 05 2019 - 06:14.

ATruk #57 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 18:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 55692 battles

View PostSanguTik, on Sep 23 2017 - 09:29, said:

SPG's do good things for competitive play in some cases I'd say. The meme responses from Wargaming and players about dynamic and preventing camping come true in 15v15 tier 10 clan wars. In the casual game modes, this is not true. Arty actually promotes camping as the most aggressive players are the ones punished by artillery. Arty tag/stat focusing remains an issue and arty can continue to bleed you of HP and keep you stunned in 90% of areas on the map restricting your play and making for a much less dynamic game. Arty players are toxic and quite often do a good job of griefing. I remember back in all chat every time an arty player shot somebody he'd spam chat saying BOOM just to trigger people. Arty TK quite often because they have no care for the team. If an enemy and friendly are side by side the arty will take the shell and kill the friendly without a care in the world. Arty players are also the most common to kill themselves by drowning or blowing themselves up showing extreme lack of sportsmanship and denying the enemy his extra credits and experience in a fit of 5 year old rage. A majority of arty players have no care for performance, they are there so that they can ruin the game for others. Remember how many people got upset when they changed arty? The griefers were upset that they couldn't one shot people anymore. All they cared about was ruining some guys game in one shell without any tactical thinking or care to win.

I see more of this “toxicity” you speak of from non SPG players, probably because there are more of them. Around 6% of my battles have been SPG. Not enough credits and damage from them, so now I grind some HT. 

Suiciding speaks more to the individual character than the class of tank players. Many an arti player has shotgunned that last scout. I see other tanks suicide as well, but mostly arti as you say. 

Hard to to imagine not caring about performance in this game, though I suppose it’s possible. I assume you’re speaking hypothetically here about the “majority” of arti. 

I also play any tank to shorten ergo ruin the game of the enemy team. Enemy SPG is going to do what they do, and I think the game would be duller without it. I especially like when they stun their own. Or that nasty VK thing I cannot pen suddenly destroyed by my team arti. Or when the 1v2 turns into 1v1 because SPG. Small joys, I know. 

*edited to use the word ergo 

live_and_learn #58 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 07:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 29636 battles
  • [-NAG-] -NAG-

Thank you Wargaming for fixing the artillery overhead view cursor bug. 

It was driving me crazy trying to aim at stuff near buildings/hills/terrain and having the cursor "snap" to the nearest edge instead of the tank I was aiming for.

Glad to see your software engineers are working on problems that really do affect game play.

Cheers.

MeMeBigBoi #59 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 19:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35793 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

The mechanic of being able to shoot someone without any disadvantages makes no sense what so ever.

dunniteowl #60 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 19:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 30295 battles

You mean like a tier X HVY shooting at a tier VIII LT?  Yeah, that sucks, but there it is.

OvO

Also tagged with SPG, Artillery, Scumbags, ignore, complaining, trolls

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users