Why I Like World of Tanks (Long)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Dogsoldier6 #1 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 17:59

Major

• Players
  • 62213 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

Ok, I am probably gonna get hammered for this opinion, but h3ll we all got opinions and I don't mind sharing them, and discussing them.

1) The Tanks

I really enjoy 'learning' new tanks and tech trees when they come out. The tanks, especially in the higher tiers, are so different in how they handle. So instead of concentrating on building up my stats in tanks I already know well I run the news one to figure them out.

Now I know people are going to jump on the 'this or that tank is OP' or say they are putting out too many OP premiums, or even that they are putting out premium tanks as good as regular tanks. To that I say so what? It isn't 'pay to win' just because they can buy a tank as good as the basic Cromwell, for example. Yea the E25 and the SU-122-44 are better then they really should be, so what? I have faced them and yea they are aggravating, at times, but they sure as h3ll don't dominate battles.

In the majority of cases it isn't the tanks being OP, it is the drivers of those tanks that are OP, so the tank doesn't matter as much as players think. I have seen total fools driving E25s and they get splattered

while accomplishing little to help the team.

2) Arty

I really like the way arty plays in the game now. It is a far cry from how it was in the 'old days'. For those that were not around for those 'old days' imagine the splash mechanic being gone, the damage radius the same as it is now, faster firing arty, more accurate arty, and more ability to one shot the target. Sorry but you can have the good old days. Instead dominating arty plays more of the support role that it should, and I like it. No I do not play arty, only got two and I hardly ever drive them.

For those that complain about arty they either A: Do not like the entire concept of arty in the game or; B: Do not like how arty can hit them without being able to hit the arty back. They somehow feel like this is cheating. look it is part of the game, will always be part of the game, and in its present form operating as it should. Now I am not saying it is perfect, it still use some tweeking, but I feel it is headed in the right direction.

3) Premium Ammo

When it was Gold Ammo it was 'pay to win' it IS that simple. It was a good move on WoTs part to release it for credits so that it could be had by all. While I would like to see WoT move to make premium ammo have good pen but lower damage output, then regular ammo, so that players have to make a hard decision, in its present form I don't have any major complaints either.

For those whom complain about 'Gold Spam' all I can say is you are failing yourself if you are depending on the armor of your tank to bounce enemy shells. This is a basic tenant of good players, 'Nothing can penetrate a solid object so use terrain over armor.' This doesn't mean you shouldn't try to take advantage of the armor on your tank, you should. It IS saying your tactical thinking should always defer first to using the terrain over your armor.

Even further, those whom play Clan Wars know everyone is slinging premium ammo, and ya know we all bounce enemy fire in those fights. So for those whom say it is a 'magic bullet that renders armor useless' I say learn the game.

4) 3/5/7 MM

Before I go into this one I think it still needs tweeking, but it is definitely headed in the right direction and makes for more exciting matches. The new MM is awesome,in that, the days of being the ONLY tier 8 in a tier 9-10 match are gone. Being low tier is not even a problem because there are only three really dangerous tanks out there and the rest your tank CAN handle. If you cannot face other tier 8s and tier 9s in your tier 8 then no matter what MM does you are gonna be road kill because of YOU.

I think I know why so many people are complaining about the new MM, and it goes like this. Basically good players, and I am not picking on you guys I in fact admire your skills, have gotten used to looking at the enemy team tank make up and building their tactics around that. Yes I know there is more to good tactical thinking then this, but for the moment we are talking about 3/5/7 MM. With 3/5/7 you have to change how you used to think when you looked at tank make up, because there are no more big weight imbalances anymore to take advantage of. I have notice this myself, when 3/5/7 first came out, my old way of evaluating the enemy team didn't work, so I changed it. I know change is hard.

For those complaining about tier 8 'being dead' because of the new MM always putting you in tier 10 matches I say so what. I repeat if you cannot fight other tier 8s and and tier 9s in your tier 8 then no matter what MM does you are gonna be road kill because of YOU. There are only three tier 10s out there and nobody is forcing you to drive straight at them. Change your tactical thinking and you will do well.

All those blow outs!!! Yes I have also seen an uptick in 15-5, 15-4 etc matches. But just an uptick, not an epidemic. I think this has more to do with the server merge then MM. Basically, and comon guys admits it, we used to the use the West Coast Server as a happy hunting ground to cull exp and credits.

Have at it and good hunting all :honoring:

Peak_Bagger #2 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 18:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19826 battles
  • [-T1B-] -T1B-
Great post! Great to see something other than a complainypants thread, especially from one of the vets of the game. Kudos to you!

dave1y #3 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 18:15

Captain

• Players
  • 82062 battles
  • [MSF12] MSF12

View PostPeak_Bagger, on Sep 23 2017 - 12:03, said:

Great post! Great to see something other than a complainypants thread, especially from one of the vets of the game. Kudos to you!

He's complaining about our complaining.

_Nygard_ #4 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 18:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 57018 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
Hell you get to drive a tiger tank!

TankFullOfBourbon #5 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 18:22

Major

• Players
  • 30564 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View Post_Nygard_, on Sep 23 2017 - 18:19, said:

Hell you get to drive a tiger tank!

and you get to understand why German lost the war!

Dogsoldier6 #6 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 18:27

Major

• Players
  • 62213 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Postdave1y, on Sep 23 2017 - 18:15, said:

He's complaining about our complaining.

One cannot have a discussion without voicing an opinion, that is NOT complaining it is an opening for a discussion. I stated CLEARLY that I was voicing my opinion on subjects and that I wanted honest discussion upon those opinions. If I was complaining about complainers then I would have said they should shut up and stop complaining. I did NOT do that, so if you have an opinion on what I have said please state it.

Sgt__Guffy #7 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 18:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4146 battles

Book Of Armaments  Chapter 16, vs 24 to 32

The Lord SerbB  createth developers to oversee the great changes upon the tank world he thus created and their works were by his design.

…and he looketh down upon the E25 they created and saw it was good.

He spake unto them come forth and bade them to work to create other nice little earners in tier 8.

He looketh upon the battle grounds  and saw his creation bore fruit, and rewarded his acolytes that they may worship him and produce yet more tier 8 premium in his image, cold and hard.

Then he spake unto the little people and sayeth, why hast though forsaken me with your protests about arty and MM . And the wicked amongst the player base sayeth unto him, thou aren’t producing what we hoped for and we want better and more maps.

The Lord SerbB became angry and sayeth unto them I cast you forth into the wilderness that you may learn to be humble and useth your credit cards in the way I have showed you and come back to the light. From now on I ignore thee and look upon thee as evil doers!

And his disciple bowed down before him and sayeth I beseech you Oh great Lord ,allow your humble servant to teach them the path of righteousness and come back with their credit cards and learn the error of their ways.

…and the Lord SerbB spake unto his disciple, thou art the fan boy we like, keep up the good work thou hast done this day and he crosseth the disciples palm with forty silver.

And the Lord SerbB looked down and saw this was good.

So endeth the Lesson.

Edited by Sgt__Guffy, Sep 23 2017 - 18:46.

bergsteiger #8 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 18:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25288 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Great game. Made a lot of friends here. Still love playing it. Thanks for the post.

Doomslinger #9 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 18:53

Major

• Players
  • 72273 battles
I like the game but there are a few things I don't like. They removed several maps in the past few years that I really liked to play on such as Pearl River, Northwest, Hidden Village and a few more. They added new maps that I don't really care for such as Karkhov, Pilsen, Paris and Overlord. I think the maps they removed were balanced better than these new maps so I have no idea why they removed them. They were fun to play on. Another problem is the cost of the premium shell on the T71. Why should a 150 alpha shell cost 5600 credits when a 180 alpha premium shell only costs 3200 credits. This makes no sense. The premium ammo on the T71 should cost 3000 credits per shell to be comparable to other tank's premium ammo costs. The gold rounds on the Amx 1375 only cost 2800 credits each. They do a bit less damage but not much less than the T71's. This is why they need to adjust the cost on the T71 to 3000 credits.

Dogsoldier6 #10 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 19:08

Major

• Players
  • 62213 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostDoomslinger, on Sep 23 2017 - 18:53, said:

I like the game but there are a few things I don't like. They removed several maps in the past few years that I really liked to play on such as Pearl River, Northwest, Hidden Village and a few more. They added new maps that I don't really care for such as Karkhov, Pilsen, Paris and Overlord. I think the maps they removed were balanced better than these new maps so I have no idea why they removed them. They were fun to play on. Another problem is the cost of the premium shell on the T71. Why should a 150 alpha shell cost 5600 credits when a 180 alpha premium shell only costs 3200 credits. This makes no sense. The premium ammo on the T71 should cost 3000 credits per shell to be comparable to other tank's premium ammo costs. The gold rounds on the Amx 1375 only cost 2800 credits each. They do a bit less damage but not much less than the T71's. This is why they need to adjust the cost on the T71 to 3000 credits.

I agree on the maps. I would like to see some of the old ones back in the rotation.

Urabouttudie #11 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 21:41

Major

• Players
  • 21913 battles

View PostSgt__Guffy, on Sep 23 2017 - 09:43, said:

Book Of Armaments  Chapter 16, vs 24 to 32

The Lord SerbB  createth developers to oversee the great changes upon the tank world he thus created and their works were by his design.

…and he looketh down upon the E25 they created and saw it was good.

He spake unto them come forth and bade them to work to create other nice little earners in tier 8.

He looketh upon the battle grounds  and saw his creation bore fruit, and rewarded his acolytes that they may worship him and produce yet more tier 8 premium in his image, cold and hard.

Then he spake unto the little people and sayeth, why hast though forsaken me with your protests about arty and MM . And the wicked amongst the player base sayeth unto him, thou aren’t producing what we hoped for and we want better and more maps.

The Lord SerbB became angry and sayeth unto them I cast you forth into the wilderness that you may learn to be humble and useth your credit cards in the way I have showed you and come back to the light. From now on I ignore thee and look upon thee as evil doers!

And his disciple bowed down before him and sayeth I beseech you Oh great Lord ,allow your humble servant to teach them the path of righteousness and come back with their credit cards and learn the error of their ways.

…and the Lord SerbB spake unto his disciple, thou art the fan boy we like, keep up the good work thou hast done this day and he crosseth the disciples palm with forty silver.

And the Lord SerbB looked down and saw this was good.

So endeth the Lesson.

+1 for creativity ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users