• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

flowerpower210 #21 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 09:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19196 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

View PostAsassian7, on Sep 24 2017 - 02:49, said:

So what you're saying is if you want to be able to play normally you're not allowed to be in a top clan?

I mean, its not like XVM paints you purple even if you are tagless...

​I was specifically referring to people with clan tags. Obviously.

Of course some purple players are tagless. That being said, wouldn't you agree that hundreds of purples are found in top clans? Yeah.

RingZero #22 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 09:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 20190 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postwrwsadv, on Sep 23 2017 - 23:52, said:

#BULBAlivesmatter #VILINlives matter

Shut.... up

His original list of top clans that should be focused is completely correct.  Kill those clan members and only THOSE clans and you'll definitely win.

wrwsadv #23 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 09:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9795 battles

View PostRingZero, on Sep 24 2017 - 18:33, said:

Shut.... up

His original list of top clans that should be focused is completely correct.  Kill those clan members and only THOSE clans and you'll definitely win.

#YOUJOlivesdon'tmatterinthiscontext #CABRAlivesmatter

Sturmgeschut #24 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 12:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8652 battles
  • [WARHK] WARHK

Why wouldn't it be a thing?

See better stats -> Aim at better stats.

It makes sense and it's annoying as [edited].

I know arty players are [edited]stupid but sometimes it's just disgusting how stupid some of you pigs are.

ThePigSheFlies #25 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 12:37

Major

• Players
  • 59076 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostThornir, on Sep 24 2017 - 01:02, said:

Why would someone NOT try to take out the other team's best players? The goal is to win. odds of winning go up if the other team's best players are gone.

What, am I supposed to let the other team's better players just run roughshod? If you're a pretty colored player, you got that way being focused. You'll live.

when a tier 10 medium literally throws away all of his hit points to take out a one shot tier 8, you really think that's a good idea and that the odds of winning go up just because that tier 8 happened to be purple, and/or be in a notable clan?

that's the type of garbage that happens day in and out, and can be seen on literally hundreds of streams...

wanna know how to consistently beat those solo purples?  it's not by yolociding/hard focusing.  it's by more quickly killing their pubby meatshields and then swarming 'em...

mp31b30q9 #26 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 13:19

Major

• Players
  • 46354 battles
  • [SHIMP] SHIMP

I don't understand the idea of playing for WN8 then complaining when focused because of WN8.

This might be a reason too:  baddie buddies?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/556504-pass-this-on-to-your-baddie-buddies/

Nonamanadus #27 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 13:31

Major

• Players
  • 24563 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

I have committed the sin of XVM sniping and have informed teammates who to keep an eye on.

That's one of the reasons people use it.

ThePigSheFlies #28 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 13:41

Major

• Players
  • 59076 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postmp31b30q9, on Sep 24 2017 - 07:19, said:

I don't understand the idea of playing for WN8 then complaining when focused because of WN8.

This might be a reason too:  baddie buddies?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/556504-pass-this-on-to-your-baddie-buddies/

playing for wn8 is so 2014...

while dark purples might be currently in a wotlabs challenge to hit 4k or even 5k recents those are usually just by products of playing to boost their tier 10 avg dpg, 3 mark tanks and the like.  regardless, the vast majority of folks I know that are in that level of game play have been playing pure vanilla client for years.  vanilla is required for league play, so they practice that way.

NeatoMan #29 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 13:50

Major

• Players
  • 24389 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Sep 24 2017 - 06:37, said:

when a tier 10 medium literally throws away all of his hit points to take out a one shot tier 8, you really think that's a good idea and that the odds of winning go up just because that tier 8 happened to be purple, and/or be in a notable clan?

that's the type of garbage that happens day in and out, and can be seen on literally hundreds of streams...

wanna know how to consistently beat those solo purples?  it's not by yolociding/hard focusing.  it's by more quickly killing their pubby meatshields and then swarming 'em...

It's very possible that it is a good trade, especially If that tier 10 medium isn't capable of doing squat anyway.   btw, there's a big difference between yoloing and focusing on the purple players.  Plus, the more likely situation is the purple player in the Tier 10, and the potato in the tier 8.

View PostAsassian7, on Sep 24 2017 - 02:49, said:

So what you're saying is if you want to be able to play normally you're not allowed to be in a top clan?

I mean, its not like XVM paints you purple even if you are tagless...

Your normal play is likely to win the game for your team, so why not try whatever is going to impede that?  Given the state of the player base I'd put my faith in you winning the game more than your meatshields.  They'll cower behind rocks, ineffectively trading shots, while you take advantage of every distraction. 

I rarely see games where a purple player is focused into ineffectiveness, and his team mates suddenly get off their butts and pick up the slack.  Even if you win, those games are probably going to be closer than they otherwise would be.  Your typical meatshield simply does not create blowout situations the way a unicum does.

Edited by NeatoMan, Sep 24 2017 - 13:56.

ThePigSheFlies #30 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 14:05

Major

• Players
  • 59076 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostNeatoMan, on Sep 24 2017 - 07:50, said:

It's very possible that it is a good trade, especially If that tier 10 medium isn't capable of doing squat anyway.   btw, there's a big difference between yoloing and focusing on the purple players.  Plus, the more likely situation is the purple player in the Tier 10, and the potato in the tier 8.

purples play premium tanks to make credits...  a living tier 10 medium, even if a bad one is better than a dead one that managed 1 shot of damage taking out a tier 8, in part because the team that still has their tier 10s alive knows that the enemy just had a tier 10 piss away their tank, and while it's true that he might not have done anything while alive, it is an absolute fact that he literally cannot do anything now that he's dead...

not everyone is running xvm, and even bad players know the distinction between tier balance (after all they're usually the first to cry about MM/Tier differential)

NeatoMan #31 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 14:34

Major

• Players
  • 24389 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Sep 24 2017 - 08:05, said:

purples play premium tanks to make credits...  a living tier 10 medium, even if a bad one is better than a dead one that managed 1 shot of damage taking out a tier 8, in part because the team that still has their tier 10s alive knows that the enemy just had a tier 10 piss away their tank, and while it's true that he might not have done anything while alive, it is an absolute fact that he literally cannot do anything now that he's dead...

not everyone is running xvm, and even bad players know the distinction between tier balance (after all they're usually the first to cry about MM/Tier differential)

Not every XVM focus is yoloing either.    It's hyperbole.   If XVM sniping didn't limit purple players' effectiveness, they wouldn't be complaining about it.

OLDIRTYBOMBER #32 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 14:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7548 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D

View PostCN_Minus, on Sep 24 2017 - 06:21, said:

What makes you think it isn't real? It's blatantly obvious when you see it on streams, for example. You probably don't think it's real because no one has singled you out.

Elite wot streamer rushes to starting location, gets spotted, gets shot by arty " XVM SNIPERS!!!!"

If they shoot the 'quickybaby' 2 or 3 times with arty he blacklists them. 

:great:

mp31b30q9 #33 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 15:00

Major

• Players
  • 46354 battles
  • [SHIMP] SHIMP

View PostOLDIRTYBOMBER, on Sep 24 2017 - 08:48, said:

Elite wot streamer rushes to starting location, gets spotted, gets shot by arty " XVM SNIPERS!!!!"

If they shoot the 'quickybaby' 2 or 3 times with arty he blacklists them. 

:great:

Too funny.  Does he really blacklist them?

Guido1212 #34 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 15:04

Major

• Players
  • 72485 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
Every time I target XVM I miss.  Been targeting 3K for years, miss, miss, miss.

CN_Minus #35 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 15:14

Captain

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 11682 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
To the OP who said xvm sniping doesn't exist...

ThePigSheFlies #36 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 15:39

Major

• Players
  • 59076 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostNeatoMan, on Sep 24 2017 - 08:34, said:

Not every XVM focus is yoloing either.    It's hyperbole.   If XVM sniping didn't limit purple players' effectiveness, they wouldn't be complaining about it.

it's no more hyperbole than the true, factual statement that when I played arty, the only purples that I would actually shoot at were if they were on my black list, or if I was in TD mode (I did hit a couple with blind fire as well)...  

blood red, 0.3 damage ratio players in tier 8-10 are infinitely more rewarding to punish and send back to mid-tiers to grind credits to pay for their awful "performance" in upper tiers.  it also made the personal missions far and away much easier.

oh, as a by product, those purples often ended up still losing, but they still got some enjoyment from the game from damage farming, working marks, etc.

NeatoMan #37 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 16:01

Major

• Players
  • 24389 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Sep 24 2017 - 09:39, said:

it's no more hyperbole than the true, factual statement that when I played arty, the only purples that I would actually shoot at were if they were on my black list, or if I was in TD mode (I did hit a couple with blind fire as well)...  

blood red, 0.3 damage ratio players in tier 8-10 are infinitely more rewarding to punish and send back to mid-tiers to grind credits to pay for their awful "performance" in upper tiers.  it also made the personal missions far and away much easier.

oh, as a by product, those purples often ended up still losing, but they still got some enjoyment from the game from damage farming, working marks, etc.

so when a tomato yolo's you you assume it's because of XVM?  They are tomatoes.  They do stupid things like yolo.  They've yolo'd me, and I'm nowhere near unicum.  I've seen them yolo fellow tomatoes.  They do stuff like that.    Why do you assume it's because of XVM?

BeanHoleBandit #38 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 16:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14152 battles
I just wanted to say, I do know XVM sniping was real.   

It happens for a number of reasons, but I think #1 is because they want that best player out.  Rather it is do to a pubbie yolo, which if you can't beat that guy then How did u get purple your tier 5?  

The other is basically one or two guys on a team don't think the rest of the team is good enough to beat the purple and if he stays alive he is going to do massive dmg to the team and could cost the battle by leaving that one guy alive.. 

As the same you say you get XVM sniped, i've stirred so many pots on these forums and from old clan's i've been in..   I can post a video of me getting blocked in by MOB just the other day.. Like i told the guy to back out we where getting flanked.. He pulls right behind me and blocks me.. I try to drive around he pulls to that side so I can't and i'm focused out..

The thing is everyone gets focused I get it tear tear i'm a purple and ppl shoot me..  What about the Tomatoe you say its OK to focus out the tomatoe but please not the purple..  

XVM is a thing but at some point we are all focused.   

Classics4lyfe #39 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 16:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7435 battles
  • [NICO] NICO
Um yeah haha it's a thing... When Arty shoots the bottom tier heavy in a tier 10 game it's complete and utter XVM focus especially when I notice the nemy Arty is using XVM it's annoying and definitely a thing.

Mustang2209 #40 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 16:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21229 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

XVM sniping is definitely a 'thing' because I see other players yolo JUST to kill the unicums and super unicums on the other side.  While I take note of the purples and blues, I'm more interested in taking a gun off the battlefield than going after these players.  If I kill one, it's a sweet thing, especially if I go head to head.  Otherwise, I want to WIN, just like the really good players of this game.

signature.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users