• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

Thornir #41 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 16:30

Major

• Players
  • 26549 battles

View Post155mm_Royalty, on Sep 24 2017 - 07:37, said:

FU.scrublord. fight.me.IRL.

​Wound a little tight, are we? Game importance bleeding over into real life, you say?

I don't think I have ever singled anyone out for attention in-game before. I'll make an exception for you, though. 

mp31b30q9 #42 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 16:34

Major

• Players
  • 46354 battles
  • [SHIMP] SHIMP

View PostClassics4lyfe, on Sep 24 2017 - 10:08, said:

Um yeah haha it's a thing... When Arty shoots the bottom tier heavy in a tier 10 game it's complete and utter XVM focus especially when I notice the nemy Arty is using XVM it's annoying and definitely a thing.

No that's bad game design, the vast majority of artillery target the lowest tier tanks.

Thornir #43 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 16:36

Major

• Players
  • 26549 battles

View Postmp31b30q9, on Sep 24 2017 - 16:34, said:

No that's bad game design, the vast majority of artillery target the lowest tier tanks.

Might be true. Data?

mp31b30q9 #44 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 16:38

Major

• Players
  • 46354 battles
  • [SHIMP] SHIMP

View PostThornir, on Sep 24 2017 - 10:36, said:

Might be true. Data?

(1) Watch any green and below WN8 streamer (2) ask WG for the data (3) get a WoT code from Reddit (WoTLabs have one?) for the Churchill III and have "your friend" play that Tier 5 heavy and watch the Tier 6 artillery target them every game.

Enjoy friend.

BeanHoleBandit #45 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 16:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14152 battles
Arty does target the low tiers now..  If you watch its the lights first cause you can still get that one shot and with the splash your bound to hit.. 

I mean to be honest.. How much dmg with HE are you going to do to a Maus?  Now how much dmg are you going to do to a medium or light or tier 8 Heavy...

I had this talk the other day with some purples, and they agree the Super Heavy's are just roaming around the maps being SUPER HEAVY's..  

nuclearguy931 #46 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 17:02

Major

• Players
  • 70331 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

So players shouldn't be targeted because they are good?....lol.

The goal is to eliminate the other team, and if by doing so it only makes sense to cut the head off the snake first, in this case, the better players.

The primadonnas of this game have to stop crying.

4_8_15_16_23_42 #47 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 17:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8544 battles

XVM sniping sounds like good strategy to me.

Smart target selection is eliminating the greatest threats first.

Doing that (without yoloing) will give your team the best chance to win,

ThePigSheFlies #48 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 17:23

Major

• Players
  • 59076 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostNeatoMan, on Sep 24 2017 - 10:01, said:

so when a tomato yolo's you you assume it's because of XVM?  They are tomatoes.  They do stupid things like yolo.  They've yolo'd me, and I'm nowhere near unicum.  I've seen them yolo fellow tomatoes.  They do stuff like that.    Why do you assume it's because of XVM?

who said anything about tomotoe's yoloing...

Dunfalach #49 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 17:23

Major

• Players
  • 18678 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

I've actually been a victim of XVM sniping before. Not often, because I'm certainly far from a purple, but being a green on a team entirely comprised of dark red with maybe two orange is like being a purple. :D

In the worst case, I had a situation on the old version of the Redshire map, on the northeast corner area. I was in my T-34 tier 5 medium, in a tier 7 match, with two allied T29 heavies. An enemy T29 met us there in the open. Three arties on the enemy team. With all of us in the open, the T29s actually ahead of me and near stationary dueling their T29, both much bigger targets than me, all three enemy artillery focused fire on my T-34.Once I realized I was getting shells from all three of them, I ignored the fight in front of me and just kept moving along the ridgeline, making sure I was still being spotted periodically by the enemy heavy. Their artillery completely ignored our two heavies in the open and followed me around, splashing me a couple of times but never getting a solid hit, and allowed my two heavies to kill theirs. I didn't have many hit points left when done, but was able to drive on and survive the rest of the match, having done no damage but kept all the artillery off our heavies for quite a number of rounds of shells. :D The only reason I can see for them to have followed me around like that all match with two T29s near stationary visible the whole time was because I was the only green in the match.

Wtornado #50 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 17:35

Captain

• Players
  • 30219 battles

View PostBeanHoleBandit, on Sep 23 2017 - 23:48, said:

Isn't a thing, Like really, ppl just use xvm to snipe you.   What are you thinking.. 

Next thing you know MM is against you, your RNG is rigged. You didn't hit last weeks shots today. 

The real problem here today is, Arty.. I hate arty, arty you can suck me off. Lol 

Like just leave me alone for one minute and I won't make a post about you..   You hit like a heavy and reload like a light tank..  I swear to WG that tank is ONLY accurate when i'm not playing it..

Congrats to all you players today.. Hope your battles went well.      BeanHoleBandit.

If you see me on the battliefield leave me alone.. Let me do some dmg please.. lol 

Arty is a joke again I do not know who the arty dev is bribing in the game owners to make

arty great and ruthless again against heavy tanks taking you out in 3-4 shots while you

try to tactically push forward but it is paying off for the arty dev.

BeanHoleBandit #51 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 17:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14152 battles

View PostWtornado, on Sep 24 2017 - 17:35, said:

Arty is a joke again I do not know who the arty dev is bribing in the game owners to make

arty great and ruthless again against heavy tanks taking you out in 3-4 shots while you

try to tactically push forward but it is paying off for the arty dev.

its crazy.  I was in a game yesterday in my Wz 1-4  in a tier 10 game...   The arty player was apart of a affiliate clan of the most recent clan I left..  It felt like he was targeting me.. 

Now i'm not purple but for some reason that guy was after the 1-4 over any other tank That Gun Conq just over and over..  In the end of the battle I sent him a message and told him he did more dmg to me than any of his heavy's.. That I was blistering and they couldn't do anything.. Mean while The Gun Conq was hitting me for 350 dmg it felt like over and over again.. 

Was I the best person on the team I doubt it..  But I sure was focused..   My stats on XVM don't look good..  So i know im not XVM sniped, so when I get targeted as such, I know its someone i've pissed off in battles or they know i'm alot better than my stats show..  

Again I think everyone gets targeted at one point or another.  You can argue that purples do much more or either they just feel they are so unicum no one should shoot at them.  I take it as a pleasure to know that I can effect a battle that much that i'm priority.  I told my friend Belieze_UBStudent I think that is his name right off..  I told him last night, I know I may never make purple but i'm going to keep a nice win rate..  If that means i'm drawing the fire the whole game to let my team flank to win, so be it.. You won't here a peep out of me and when they give me the chance to lay some fire back you better bet i'm going to be there.. 

I seen someone mention Overlord Prime earlier.. I was in a battle with him, Good battle I almost feel he wanted me to be his meatshield than thought I would be a combat partner.  And thats how it seems to be on the bottom of the pole..  When your red and the purples just want to sacrife you to the gods for themselves. Then get mad when the tomatoes do it back to them.. lol 

http://wotreplays.eu...t-t26e5_patriot

TankFullOfBourbon #52 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 18:04

Major

• Players
  • 21813 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostBeanHoleBandit, on Sep 24 2017 - 05:48, said:

Isn't a thing, Like really, ppl just use xvm to snipe you.   What are you thinking.. 

Next thing you know MM is against you, your RNG is rigged. You didn't hit last weeks shots today. 

The real problem here today is, Arty.. I hate arty, arty you can suck me off. Lol 

Like just leave me alone for one minute and I won't make a post about you..   You hit like a heavy and reload like a light tank..  I swear to WG that tank is ONLY accurate when i'm not playing it..

Congrats to all you players today.. Hope your battles went well.      BeanHoleBandit.

If you see me on the battliefield leave me alone.. Let me do some dmg please.. lol 

Are you talking about a friend? It sounds unlikely they would be XVM sniping you?

BeanHoleBandit #53 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 18:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14152 battles

View PostTankFullOfBourbon, on Sep 24 2017 - 18:04, said:

Are you talking about a friend? It sounds unlikely they would be XVM sniping you?

Oh i just made this post last night before I went to bed to have a little fun..  Woke up this morning and it really took off..  

I don't get xvm sniped..  I got xvm camo lol.. Its usually the people that know me or hate me on the forums lol

TankFullOfBourbon #54 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 18:46

Major

• Players
  • 21813 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostBeanHoleBandit, on Sep 24 2017 - 18:13, said:

Oh i just made this post last night before I went to bed to have a little fun..  Woke up this morning and it really took off..  

I don't get xvm sniped..  I got xvm camo lol.. Its usually the people that know me or hate me on the forums lol

Lol! I am still yearning for the day I get xvm sniped. It's the ultimate confirmation. Like being called a hax.

Kerosedge #55 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 18:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17967 battles
  • [HCK] HCK
Wouldn't know anything about it...

BeanHoleBandit #56 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 18:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14152 battles

View PostTankFullOfBourbon, on Sep 24 2017 - 18:46, said:

Lol! I am still yearning for the day I get xvm sniped. It's the ultimate confirmation. Like being called a hax.

I agree but the purples really hate it..   Funny aint it..   Like to the guys that is not purple would love to focused, the guys that are focused hate it. 

It is nice to see all the purples out in the forums, To the purples that help the newbies and make it a better game..

But yeah i'll take all that hate spam if it means my team don't have to for the win.

Asassian7 #57 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 18:57

Major

• Players
  • 23940 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Postnuclearguy931, on Sep 25 2017 - 04:02, said:

The goal is to eliminate the other team, and if by doing so it only makes sense to cut the head off the snake first, in this case, the better players.

If you're spending the entire game trying to take low chance shots at the purple player, instead of high chance shots at other players instead when you can, or even throwing your tank away to kill that purple player,  then no, you shouldnt be doing that. That loses the game. 

Hurk #58 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 19:05

Major

• Players
  • 46513 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

its overblown. 

purples are good players.

good players mostly stay active. 

staying active means staying lit.

staying lit means people target you. 

you cannot constantly be on the front line, AND complain about the results of being on the front line. 

yes. i have seen games where arty chased someone they had a crush on, and would not shoot unless it was that tank. 

but thats incredibly rare. most people shoot at what they can shoot, the purple guy popping up to take every shot he can is a far easier target than the tomato behind the rock next to him that pops out once a minute. 

nevermind that your average match, only 1/3rd of the players even have XVM. how many of those do you think go through the trouble of activating it too? 

mp31b30q9 #59 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 19:06

Major

• Players
  • 46354 battles
  • [SHIMP] SHIMP

View Postnuclearguy931, on Sep 24 2017 - 11:02, said:

IKR, it's comical when someone shoots at them.

BeanHoleBandit #60 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 19:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14152 battles

View PostHurk, on Sep 24 2017 - 19:05, said:

its overblown. 

purples are good players.

good players mostly stay active. 

staying active means staying lit.

staying lit means people target you. 

you cannot constantly be on the front line, AND complain about the results of being on the front line. 

yes. i have seen games where arty chased someone they had a crush on, and would not shoot unless it was that tank. 

but thats incredibly rare. most people shoot at what they can shoot, the purple guy popping up to take every shot he can is a far easier target than the tomato behind the rock next to him that pops out once a minute. 

nevermind that your average match, only 1/3rd of the players even have XVM. how many of those do you think go through the trouble of activating it too? 

I got to say that is a good point

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users