TheFalkonett's UUP (UML Utilization Project)

Remodel 3D UUP UML Model Actuators Miniturrets Atacms TheFalkonett Soloviyko

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Colddawg #21 Posted Jan 17 2018 - 02:20

Major

• Players
  • 45470 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

View PostTheFalkonett, on Jan 16 2018 - 20:18, said:

In what way exactly?

From what I'm looking at it takes time to understand where to download what and it goes to different pages.  Simplest form starts with "What it is" "How to install" (links to install in order) and credit given to everyone that needs credit given.  Then show examples, changelog, and links to other pages. 

TheFalkonett #22 Posted Jan 17 2018 - 02:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostColddawg, on Jan 17 2018 - 02:20, said:

From what I'm looking at it takes time to understand where to download what and it goes to different pages.  Simplest form starts with "What it is" "How to install" (links to install in order) and credit given to everyone that needs credit given.  Then show examples, changelog, and links to other pages. 

Someone might or might not be working on an installer, which will install the entire thing (UML & UUP), show examples in the form of gifs, notify players when there's something new and could quite easily show respective credits.

Depending on how that goes, I'll need to re-structure the OP anyways.

Gotta admit though: I do need to clean up that OP and you make valid points. Well techincally I even gotta clean up my room . At least there's a connection ¯\_ツ_/¯.

Thing is: I'm trying to explain everyhting as detail as possible, to reduce possible mistakes that users could make. But by doing so, I'm actually making it kinda worse. Well I ain't the best at explaining.

Colddawg #23 Posted Jan 17 2018 - 02:38

Major

• Players
  • 45470 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

View PostTheFalkonett, on Jan 16 2018 - 20:35, said:

Someone might or might not be working on an installer, which will install the entire thing (UML & UUP), show examples in the form of gifs, notify players when there's something new and could quite easily show respective credits.

Depending on how that goes, I'll need to re-structure the OP anyways.

Gotta admit though: I do need to clean up that OP and you make valid points. Well techincally I even gotta clean up my room . At least there's a connection ¯\_ツ_/¯.

Thing is: I'm trying to explain everyhting as detail as possible, to reduce possible mistakes that users could make. But by doing so, I'm actually making it kinda worse. Well I ain't the best at explaining.

Start with simple, then present the in detail part if people need it.

TheFalkonett #24 Posted Jan 17 2018 - 02:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

Good that you brought it to my attention though. Was busier making the remodels than making sure that people would properly understand it in the first place.

Gonna work on the OP in the morning. Currently 2:40 AM here... damn... time flies when stuff's going on left right and center 

TheFalkonett #25 Posted Feb 04 2018 - 16:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

As per request, the AMX 30 B has been added.

Seperate Download for just the AMX 30 B: Download

I wanted to have its brake lights working, but since the glow_skinned.fx is kinda broken (WG plis feex), adding those partially breaks the customization 2.0, by disabling paint when paint and camo are applied to a tank. But it still works with the searchlight.... yeah no idea what's going on there.

I have noticed that the Centurion Action X has the exact same problem. So it's either searchlight and slightly broken customization 2.0, or no searchlight and 100% working customization 2.0 on that one... (AMX M4 54 seems to work fine btw).

TheFalkonett #26 Posted Feb 07 2018 - 06:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

Soloviyko from Solo's Modpack did the amazing job of creating an installer for the UUP. I have added the DL for that one in the OP.

A quick breakdown of the features:

• Downloads all the necessary files and installs them correctly for you
  • It uses my github repositories/files to be up-to-date at all times
  • Includes an optional update notifier, to tell you if there's been an update and what the update is
  • The installer itself has preview images. For now it's just basic images from WoT, but those can be replaced with gifs to better show off the animations. 
    Best part about this: you can send us gifs/jpgs/pngs to preview the different tanks. You can send your previews to "uup@soloviyko.com".
    The reason for this: that's a lotta damage stuff for the two of us to do. And Solo has to work on his Modpack, and this installer aswell now, and I have to work on the remodels ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Previews

TheFalkonett #27 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 14:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

The UUP got the seal of approval on wgmods.net. So if you weren't sure if it was "legal" to use, it's pretty much confirmed "safe" now.

Link

leandrox7 #28 Posted Feb 24 2018 - 19:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33529 battles
  • [X-T7] X-T7
GREAT JOBBB

black_colt #29 Posted Feb 24 2018 - 20:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostTheFalkonett, on Feb 06 2018 - 21:54, said:

Soloviyko from Solo's Modpack did the amazing job of creating an installer for the UUP. I have added the DL for that one in the OP.

A quick breakdown of the features:

• Downloads all the necessary files and installs them correctly for you
  • It uses my github repositories/files to be up-to-date at all times
  • Includes an optional update notifier, to tell you if there's been an update and what the update is
  • The installer itself has preview images. For now it's just basic images from WoT, but those can be replaced with gifs to better show off the animations. 
    Best part about this: you can send us gifs/jpgs/pngs to preview the different tanks. You can send your previews to "uup@soloviyko.com".
    The reason for this: that's a lotta damage stuff for the two of us to do. And Solo has to work on his Modpack, and this installer aswell now, and I have to work on the remodels ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Previews

Agreed - they even produced a video to assist users of the WoT Mac Wrapper use their MOD Pack.

TheFalkonett #30 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 10:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

The UML got its 1.0.0 update. All models that needed updating from my side have been updated aswell... probably (was almost every tank, so it is not advised to use the old files).

Installer v1.2 should come later today, or perhaps tomorrow. We'll have to see. Though I'll make an update about that in here, for sure.

So everything should work fine by installing the stuff manually for now... if it's not, tell me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can click on the "Follow updates" button on the modhub to be notified via the bell in the top-right corner when installer v1.2 goes live, or just follow this topic and get notified via my post about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by TheFalkonett, Mar 26 2018 - 10:40.

TheFalkonett #31 Posted Mar 27 2018 - 05:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

Thanks to Fett713 for telling me about an AO bug when using the SD client, or zooming out when using the HD client. Fixed all tanks.

Also noticed that I forgot to commit the 1.0 update for the british tanks... well better late than never ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Installer v1.2 has been sent off to be reviewed, and should be available shortly. As said: I'll make a post about it then.

TheFalkonett #32 Posted Mar 27 2018 - 07:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

Installer v1.2 just got approved. Way smoother interface now.

Link

TheFalkonett #33 Posted Mar 27 2018 - 13:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

Glow fixed. For that the newest UML version is required. Gotta get that one manually though. Solo can't update it for the installer RN.

Fixed tanks:

• AMX 30 B
  • AMX M4 54
  • Pz. 58 Mutz
  • Centurion Action X
  • M18 Hellcat
  • T7 Combat Car
  • M48A5 Patton
  • O-Ni
  • Chi-Nu Kai
  • IS-7

Can't remember if any other tank had lights... please tell me if I somehow forgot one.

Edited by TheFalkonett, Mar 27 2018 - 14:09.

RageInducingFuzzyBunny #34 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 17:45

Private

• -Players-
  • 11562 battles
  • [WTTRF] WTTRF

I found a bug with the UDES 03 where the hull doesn't show up. I don't know whether that is something you can fix or if it is something to do with UML. Anyways here are some pictures of it.

Spoiler

TheFalkonett #35 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 17:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

Looks like it's at the start of the battle...?

That should fix itself when the game finally managed to load everything.

Edited by TheFalkonett, Mar 28 2018 - 17:48.

oldewolfe #36 Posted Mar 31 2018 - 08:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 17646 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

Now this explains all the InvisiSwede's.....         Cloaking Devices... .

lol

Coffee_ #37 Posted Sep 19 2018 - 17:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43281 battles

Just wondering about a few things.
I have a tool for converting the tank models to FBX so they can be edited in 3DS max or something similar.
Here's a LINK to Tank Exporter's forum page. The tool is super easy to use and automates many tasks like adding new models to tank components.
It can create all the LOD folders.. copy the models to them.. auto edit the visuals.. works with the crashed as well as normal models.
It can edit the Gun, Turret, Hull and Carriage of the chassis. It has a feature to hide the track/tread sections for wheeled models.
It can move the center axis of wheels.. and the best part.. it updates the visual automatically.. NO HAND EDITING REQUIRED.

TE also has a built in texture viewing tool that can display UV maps and export them as a PNG mask for painting.

I have looked around but I can't find how people are adding animations to the tanks.
Is this a WG tool like bigworlds old 3ds plugin or something someone created?
Maybe someone could help me understand how these animations work. Code would be awesome!
It would be a great addition to Tank Exporter and make it even easier for tank remodel authors.
Also.. Someone I know is wondering about adding a 2nd gun and being able to have the fire muzzle flash animation object be on both guns.
Thanks for reading :)

TheFalkonett #38 Posted Sep 19 2018 - 18:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

>The Python Genius Atacms is to thank for making such animations possible: http://forum.worldof...ce-and-for-all/

He added nodes to the guns' visuals so you can have all these extra animations, since the gun already is a skinned object, and easier to edit than the chassis.

Coffee_ #39 Posted Sep 19 2018 - 18:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43281 battles
Thank you! I'll hop over there and do some reading.

JLdragon #40 Posted Sep 20 2018 - 17:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17111 battles
Does Atacms have a NA account? So that we can talk to him on a forum post and or private message here?

Also tagged with Remodel, 3D, UUP, UML, Model, Actuators, Miniturrets, Atacms, TheFalkonett, Soloviyko

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users