Jump to content


Hate Arty? Read this, please.


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
509 replies to this topic

Sgt__Guffy #21 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 22:25

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 1795 battles
  • 762
  • Member since:
    04-01-2017

View PostThornir, on Sep 24 2017 - 15:18, said:

First of all short, this isn't about you. 

 

Second, you may have noticed, I changed my signature. I recognized my own stance and approach to the issue wasn't helping things. 

 

I believe very strongly that the rights of those that started the game - and arty play - under the conditions it was offered are worth protecting. Having said that, I do understand the frustration the mechanic visits on others. I am not an "apologist" for the mechanic, I am an advocate for those that choose to play the game as offered and are being set upon by their fellow players because the issue, however - or if - it is to be resolved, does not reside with them, and the verbal beatings and in game TKs of arty players is counter productive to the health of the game. I would say the same and would do the same if it were another class that found its advocates blamed and taken to task for nothing more than playing the game as offered. 

 

You may may have to re-examine how you think of me, Shorty. I am not the enemy.

 

 

There is an element of manipulation, in that those who want artillery removed from the game and succeeded in doing so, would want something else changing, or removing, as soon as WG acceded to their demands  I do not doubt for a minute that it would stop with artillery.

 

 



Thornir #22 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 22:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 26549 battles
  • 2,198
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostShortcult, on Sep 24 2017 - 22:12, said:

Guffy, I think your older than me, DAYUM!

 

VACA, you have evidence of course that arty was changed because of whining on the forums?  Thorny has suggested that that cannot be so.  I am curious which one of you is correct.  Or did you two not discuss this at the last apologist club meeting to prevent this faux paux?

 

if you look closer at what I wrote, short, I said WG did make changes based on input. What they have NOT done, regardless of where the feedback came from, is make arty irrelevant, or removed it. All the complaining and forum screaming has not fundamentally changed a thing. In seven years. 

Thornir #23 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 22:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 26549 battles
  • 2,198
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostXVM_Camo_Net_, on Sep 24 2017 - 20:19, said:

Arty is and will remain cancer until they remove it from the game.

 

 

 

Except wargaming can't function without whatever their smoking so it most likely won't get removed.

 

 

Also, a mod may want to lock this b4 it gets out of hand........like ya know, the rest of the topics that have the word arty in the title

 

they don't all get locked. Sometimes, people have discussed things like adults.

 

sometimes. 



Thornir #24 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 22:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 26549 battles
  • 2,198
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostClassics4lyfe, on Sep 24 2017 - 20:16, said:

Well yeah it can be solved... By not playing Arty period.. it's an awful mechanic no fun for the receiving party you are getting hit where you otherwise wouldn't be able to be hit from by players that usually would not have the skill to hit you there.. also as for Arty players play other classes. Yes they do but if you look as a general trend a dedicated arty player is not going to do to well at all in other vehicles..

 

does it really matter how well they do in other classes? Why should they have to stop? Why make players solve the problem by giving something up? It isn't their fault, they're just playing the game same as the rest of us. 

Shortcult #25 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 23:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 31139 battles
  • 4,087
  • Member since:
    08-21-2012

View PostThornir, on Sep 24 2017 - 13:18, said:

First of all short, this isn't about you. 

 

Second, you may have noticed, I changed my signature. I recognized my own stance and approach to the issue wasn't helping things. 

 

I believe very strongly that the rights of those that started the game - and arty play - under the conditions it was offered are worth protecting. Having said that, I do understand the frustration the mechanic visits on others. I am not an "apologist" for the mechanic, I am an advocate for those that choose to play the game as offered and are being set upon by their fellow players because the issue, however - or if - it is to be resolved, does not reside with them, and the verbal beatings and in game TKs of arty players is counter productive to the health of the game. I would say the same and would do the same if it were another class that found its advocates blamed and taken to task for nothing more than playing the game as offered. 

 

You may may have to re-examine how you think of me, Shorty. I am not the enemy.

 

I do not consider myself a good communicator.  I do not view you as the enemy.  Nor do I view my position as very different than yours.  I too would keep arty in the game.

 

Our difference in opinion seems to stem around how the suggestion I support would hurt arty players.  I don't see that it would.  That has never come across to me as your stand.  More often it would seem that I am villainous and hateful to arty players.  Not for me too judge.  I do not think I am hateful, but maybe somewhat villainous, to radical arty apologists.  Being in the center finds you with very few friends.

 

Again, I do think the game should evolve, I do not think that should include the removal of any class.  Change happens, if WoT is unwilling to change, it will cease to be at some point.  I would think it is everyone's best interest for the game to last as long as possible.  WoT has changed many things, many times, else it would probably have already failed.  I feel like the suggestion I support is the next logical step for WG to keep/increase income.  Just another change. 

 

As I posted elsewhere, I am looking to create a Shangri-La for myself, I play arty.  I am in fact trying to support an idea I feel has the most merit to accomplish something you posted, the end of "verbal beatings and in game TKs of arty players".  There is no doubt in my mind, all the haters will sell their SPG's and flee to the no arty ques.  This leaves arty players playing only with players that in fact support them.  It has been explained to me that haters are a vocal minority therefore their ques will be nigh empty and their waits will be immense to get a battle.  Matter of fact, as an advocate of the downtrodden, you may have to hoist their torch if my suggestion was put in place.



Shortcult #26 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 23:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 31139 battles
  • 4,087
  • Member since:
    08-21-2012

View PostThornir, on Sep 24 2017 - 13:26, said:

 

if you look closer at what I wrote, short, I said WG did make changes based on input. What they have NOT done, regardless of where the feedback came from, is make arty irrelevant, or removed it. All the complaining and forum screaming has not fundamentally changed a thing. In seven years. 

 

I would disagree.  Fundamentally is the key word however.  Arty has changed and changed significantly since its inception.  What was the input that prompted the change?  We'll never know, that laundry is not destined for the public view.

 

As far as relevance, tricky word.  One could argue that only the FOTM tanks are relevant.  Or that certain tanks are or are not relevant on certain maps.  Or that certain tanks are only relevant in the hands of players above a certain skill level.

 

I would still argue here, that until the per match restriction is removed, arty is unbalanced, nothing to do with relevance.



Thornir #27 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 01:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 26549 battles
  • 2,198
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostShortcult, on Sep 24 2017 - 23:21, said:

 

I would disagree...

 

I would still argue...

 

 

About sums it up, short. I could say the sky was blue, you'd argue about the shade of blue. 

 

WG has to fix it, one way or another. Talk to them, direct. Leave the players out of it. 



LeaveIT2Beaver #28 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 02:56

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28284 battles
  • 7,179
  • [BRIG] BRIG
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

Look I used to play arty. I liked it a lot because my hands do not work well at times and it was better for me to play arty thank other tanks.

My M53/M55 crew had 4 skills and over 1150 battles in just that one vehicle.  I even put arty up on my YouTube channel when I had great games. I liked arty and trained to hit fast tanks on the move,and became a quick-draw on the shotgun defense. I was called everything in the book by arty haters, but I'm like a duck - let it roll off.

 

But the "stun" changes came. I was invited to come into all of the sandbox tests and ran the T92 and my M53/M55. The inability to make decent silver, the cost of ammo, the ridiculous inability for arty to defend itself OR the cap if need be tore it for me. No longer did I have to aim, I could just WING ONE DOWN THERE and "stun" four or five tanks at once and get a few hundred in damage. Where is the challenge in THAT?

I sold every arty except my 2 prems and my little tier 4 German guy , then spent gold to retrain the top crews into other tanks.

 

I told WG then and there they had wrecked arty over the cries of big league clans and  Unicum snot-blowers who constantly screamed at being taken out by "trash players" in arty. So WG has wrecked it and painted themselves in a corner doing it. It is my guess they will ignore the issue forever and act like it does not exist. 

 

As for the snot-blowers, premium tanks and TD's are next. Wait and see. The hatefulness of some of the clowns in this game is absolutely beyond the pale. 

I do not blame any player who wants to play arty at all. They are not bad people or "idiots". WG broke the game.They need to fix it.

 

 


Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Sep 25 2017 - 03:02.


Bavor #29 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 07:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 28427 battles
  • 2,309
  • [REL2] REL2
  • Member since:
    04-21-2013

View PostSgt__Guffy, on Sep 24 2017 - 15:13, said:

I will say first, one of the biggest stumbling blocks I have come across when reading artillery threads is that no one looks at the situation form the point of view of either playing the game as a team, or not playing the game as a team. If you look at it that way, rather than from an individual perspective, then you would unlock what is needed to deal with artillery! I am not going into game tactics, because I think most on the forum should know that even though they will not accept it as a valid point of an argument.......

 

You have about 1500 battles, an average tier of 3, and don't even understand the basic game mechanics.  You really have no concept of how broken a game mechanic arty is.  I have almost as many battles in arty as you have battles total.  I can look at it from the arty players point of view and look at it from the teamwork point of view. Between Clan Wars, Team Battles, Tank COmpanies, and tournaments I have more battles playing as a team member than you have total battles. 

 

The simple fact is 90-95% of arty players in pub battles have no clue what to do to help their team.  They don't look at the map regularly.  They don't relocate to get better shots.  They don't shoot the tanks that need to be shot and instead they either focus players based on XVM or clan tags or because they are in one small area of the map that they first aimed at.  They are not team players and don't care about teamwork.

 

You label me as an arty hater.  I'm a broken game mechanic hater.  I hate broken game mechanics in the games I play.  I dislike the current arty mechanic.  Its completely broken and Wargaming hasn't fixed it.  In fact they buffed arty by reducing the aim time, increasing the accuracy, increasing the splash radius and adding stun.

 

Both Monopoly and Chess are really poor examples.  Go to jail in Monopoly and knights can hop over other pieces?  Really that's all you have for an example?  You really are grasping at straws there.  Monopoly is suppose to imitate life and its based on New Jersey locations.  New Jersey is one of the most corrupt places on the planet.  I know I lived there a few times.  Going to jail in a game that mimics Atlantic City locations seems reasonable because of all the corruption and shady deals there.  Knights in chess have the special mobility because they are suppose to mimic fast mobile units in battle.

 

You are now going to probably be predictable and say arty in the game mimics artillery in real combat.  However it doesn't.  Artillery never fires and aims at a single vehicle unless something has gone really really wrong.  If you have to direct fire an individual target with artillery you and your army are having a really bad day.  Also the aiming mechanic of arty in the game is more like a helicopter dropping bombs on tanks than a a motorized artillery piece firing from distance.  Neither of them are similar to real artillery.  The simple fact is its a broken game mechanic that doesn't even remotely represent artillery unlike the other classes int he game that try to represent their real world counterparts.



zarg12 #30 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 07:27

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20583 battles
  • 924
  • [REL2] REL2
  • Member since:
    02-27-2011

View PostSgt__Guffy, on Sep 24 2017 - 15:13, said:

 

Artillery is literally using broken mechanics, what do you expect? "Hur hur look at me I'm camping base I'll shoot at all the heavies brawling with impunity without a way for them to fight back and as soon as danger comes close you can bet your gay [edited]I'm going to kill myself either by drowning or splashing myself on a building"

 

From what I have read, Zarg's arguments are not original thinking, just borrowed from many other players who have made the point ad nauseam.  Bavor, another arty hater has jumped onto the bandwagon. 

 

 

Oh please if you are going to talk crap at least hit me up.

You claim I am repeating other's opinons; Where would you get such a thing?
Perhaps you are hearing the same things over and over again is because IT REALLY IS SUCH. smh.

By the way you still haven't proven me wrong, artillery still does fire from base with impunity [edited]ting on heavies all day trying to move the game forward while artillery promotes camping and they DO kill themselves before someone is able to, don't even try talking out of your [edited]on that one. A fairly large portion of arty drivers do it.

I have been playing since CBT and I have seen every changes in the game. Artillery has never been fixed, always has been cancer and always will be as a damage dealer. It will stay cancer, if you don't like being labeled as such then perhaps don't use blatantly broken mechanics. How about I load up a type 5 with an arty mod?

Genada #31 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 12:05

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 42138 battles
  • 148
  • [CH4OS] CH4OS
  • Member since:
    07-05-2015

The part that amazes me about this entire debate is that Wargaming has to know that arty has caused them more loss of players then it has brought in. 

 

Arty is broken. A unit that can ruin a game for any player by just focusing on them. Arty can and will do that, when it happens there is little you can do other then attempt to be arty safe and remove yourself from the match. That's no fun and very angering.

 

Wargaming knows that arty hurts game play, that's why they have limited arty to two for ranked battles. The question I have is, if it hurts game play in ranked, doesn't it also in randoms? Why the two limit for one and not the other? Both modes should have it at a two limit, or even better a one per team limit.



Thornir #32 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 14:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 26549 battles
  • 2,198
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

You guys that are posting regular "arty sucks" type posts - you've all sent letters to WG, right? Or submitted tickets? Done something other than what you've done before?

 

complaining in the forums is fast, easy and useless. if all you do is complain in here, nothing will change.

 

at least give yourself the satisfaction of having done all you could do. Unless it really just doesn't matter that much. 

 

And if that's the case - why bother?



xrays_ #33 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 14:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 43049 battles
  • 2,799
  • [FELOW] FELOW
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View PostV_A_C_A, on Sep 24 2017 - 15:37, said:

As an arty player, I understand that artillery HAVE PLACE on WoT, and are a valid tool for the allied team.
Some of you may come telling that "It's obvious: you're an arty player. What else could you say?"
But at least I'm telling that I'm here, and I hope WG also listen to my voice, as an arty player.

 

Well said, as always, V...

 

As a player that plays all classes (and plays them all well enough) I wish artillery to stay in the game, though I wish it was rolled back to pre-9.18 restrictions. That may not happen, but hey, a player can dream. As for the arty haters, I don't care what you think. I'm your team mate, or I'm your enemy. Either way, I'm playing the game WG has given to everyone, and I will do what I can to win.

 

x.



Ape_Drape #34 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 14:54

    Captain

  • Players
  • 37475 battles
  • 1,393
  • [SOT] SOT
  • Member since:
    06-13-2011

Is there some official statement from Wargaming that says "Arty's game mechanics are broken." That I missed?

 

Because they are not broken. The game mechanics are what they are.

 

Go play Blitz if you don't want arty in your matches. They made a game just for you. Now go there. Go to your little utopia. It's there waiting for you. 



BillT #35 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 17:37

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 24484 battles
  • 1,877
  • [FADES] FADES
  • Member since:
    08-13-2010

View PostBavor, on Sep 24 2017 - 14:33, said:

There are ways to fix this that have been suggested in the past:

  • Have the option of no arty battles with a checkbox in the options.

OK, as long as I get the same check-box for all other classes, autoloaders, and city maps.  And as long as the matchmaker creates matches first for people who didn't opt out of anything, and only puts together opt-out matches when it finds 30 players with identical opt-out options.  In other words, the people who opt out get the longest wait for a match, not the people who play the game as it was intended.

  • Make arty tracers highly visible like they use to be many patches ago to force arty players to move after every shot or they will get counter battery fire.  This will get rid of the arty idiots who sit in one spot the entire battle and never move to get better shots to support their team.

OK, as long as all other tanks get the same treatment to force THEM to move after every shot or get targeted by arty.  This will get rid of TD and chai-sniper idiots who kemp the same bush the entire battle.

  • Add back the removed bushes that allowed scouts to advance and kill arty before the end of the battle.

I'm all for adding more cover to the map.  It's a nice boost for TDs, too.  And they're going to need more cover to deal with the change above..

  • Add a game mechanic similar to what armored warfare had that the more shots a SPG takes form the same spot the easier it is to locate their position for counter battery fire.

This is a fine idea, too... but again, it should also apply to hidden snipers.

  • Remove SPGs from the game and credit everyone who had their SPGs removed with free XP equal to the XP required to research their SPGs and free SPG crew retraining.

And restitution of the credits and gold we spent on those vehicles.  I think it's a mistake, but at least it's fair.  



Sgt__Guffy #36 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 17:44

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 1795 battles
  • 762
  • Member since:
    04-01-2017

View PostBavor, on Sep 25 2017 - 00:16, said:

 

You have about 1500 battles, an average tier of 3, and don't even understand the basic game mechanics.  You really have no concept of how broken a game mechanic arty is.  I have almost as many battles in arty as you have battles total.  I can look at it from the arty players point of view and look at it from the teamwork point of view. Between Clan Wars, Team Battles, Tank COmpanies, and tournaments I have more battles playing as a team member than you have total battles. 

 

The simple fact is 90-95% of arty players in pub battles have no clue what to do to help their team.  They don't look at the map regularly.  They don't relocate to get better shots.  They don't shoot the tanks that need to be shot and instead they either focus players based on XVM or clan tags or because they are in one small area of the map that they first aimed at.  They are not team players and don't care about teamwork.

 

You label me as an arty hater.  I'm a broken game mechanic hater.  I hate broken game mechanics in the games I play.  I dislike the current arty mechanic.  Its completely broken and Wargaming hasn't fixed it.  In fact they buffed arty by reducing the aim time, increasing the accuracy, increasing the splash radius and adding stun.

 

Both Monopoly and Chess are really poor examples.  Go to jail in Monopoly and knights can hop over other pieces?  Really that's all you have for an example?  You really are grasping at straws there.  Monopoly is suppose to imitate life and its based on New Jersey locations.  New Jersey is one of the most corrupt places on the planet.  I know I lived there a few times.  Going to jail in a game that mimics Atlantic City locations seems reasonable because of all the corruption and shady deals there.  Knights in chess have the special mobility because they are suppose to mimic fast mobile units in battle.

 

You are now going to probably be predictable and say arty in the game mimics artillery in real combat.  However it doesn't.  Artillery never fires and aims at a single vehicle unless something has gone really really wrong.  If you have to direct fire an individual target with artillery you and your army are having a really bad day.  Also the aiming mechanic of arty in the game is more like a helicopter dropping bombs on tanks than a a motorized artillery piece firing from distance.  Neither of them are similar to real artillery.  The simple fact is its a broken game mechanic that doesn't even remotely represent artillery unlike the other classes int he game that try to represent their real world counterparts.

 

An awful lot of assumptions in your diatribe. I think we all know what assumption is the mother of.

BillT #37 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 18:00

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 24484 battles
  • 1,877
  • [FADES] FADES
  • Member since:
    08-13-2010

View PostSgt__Guffy, on Sep 24 2017 - 15:13, said:

I will say first, one of the biggest stumbling blocks I have come across when reading artillery threads is that no one looks at the situation form the point of view of either playing the game as a team, or not playing the game as a team. If you look at it that way, rather than from an individual perspective, then you would unlock what is needed to deal with artillery! 

 

I cannot give this comment enough pluses.

 

I play arty, but only about one game in ten, so I'm a target more often than I'm an SPG.   I've had my share of games where I'm in a heavy tank and arty is focused on my position, limiting what I can do, or chases me across the map as I'm advancing.  I LOVE that, because it means I'm not only keeping the tanks opposite me busy, I'm also occupying their team's SPGs.  If three or four enemy tanks are focused on me, then somewhere else on the map my team has a numerical advantage.  If that lets my team win, then even if I personally didn't get to do much damage I feel good about the match.

 

I'm not even saying this is the smartest way to play.  You can look at my stats and see it doesn't make me a good player.  But it does let me play the game without getting angry at arty and hating people who play it.  I think it's a good attitude to have.

 

You know... when I used to play World of Warcraft, I enjoyed being the "tank" -- the player who stood toe-to-toe with the monsters, took their hits, and kept them busy while his teammates did most of the damage.  I guess when I get "arty aggro" I feel the same way.  I'm drawing fire away from my team and now it's my job to keep the enemy's attention while staying alive, while my friends shoot fireballs and stab them in the back with pointy sticks.  Maybe a lot of other WOT players only played the DPS classes and only feel good when they're doing massive damage.



Sgt__Guffy #38 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 18:02

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 1795 battles
  • 762
  • Member since:
    04-01-2017

View Postzarg12, on Sep 25 2017 - 00:27, said:

 

Oh please if you are going to talk crap at least hit me up.

You claim I am repeating other's opinons; Where would you get such a thing?
Perhaps you are hearing the same things over and over again is because IT REALLY IS SUCH. smh.

By the way you still haven't proven me wrong, artillery still does fire from base with impunity [edited]ting on heavies all day trying to move the game forward while artillery promotes camping and they DO kill themselves before someone is able to, don't even try talking out of your [edited]on that one. A fairly large portion of arty drivers do it.

I have been playing since CBT and I have seen every changes in the game. Artillery has never been fixed, always has been cancer and always will be as a damage dealer. It will stay cancer, if you don't like being labeled as such then perhaps don't use blatantly broken mechanics. How about I load up a type 5 with an arty mod?

 

You are without doubt the most arrogant player I have come across on this forum.  Your personal attacks and dismissive attitude towards anyone who disagrees with you is objectionable and ruins any credibility to your arguments. You do indeed repeat what many other players have stated to the point that you lack originality. Come up with something you thought up, something credible instead of what you think other players want to read. 

 

Both Bavor your yourself do not get it. The fact you claim artillery is a broken mechanic is irrelevant and redundant. It is pointless claiming it validates your assertion that artillery has no place in the game. It is there. It is there to be played.  By all means protest all you like, but it will still  be there. The recent changes made to artillery did nothing to change your opinion, which goes to prove what I have thought all along that any change to artillery is pointless and more likely to upset more players that it appeases.

 

I do not particularly want to get into this debate with you, because what you have stated has been stated by others, many times and you offer nothing new at all. I have always stated I cannot care less whether artillery is in the game or not, but whilst it is, I will play it.

 

It is a simple as that.

 

 

Guffy.

 


Edited by Sgt__Guffy, Sep 25 2017 - 18:03.


Sgt__Guffy #39 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 18:06

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 1795 battles
  • 762
  • Member since:
    04-01-2017

View PostBillT, on Sep 25 2017 - 11:00, said:

 

I cannot give this comment enough pluses.

 

I play arty, but only about one game in ten, so I'm a target more often than I'm an SPG.   I've had my share of games where I'm in a heavy tank and arty is focused on my position, limiting what I can do, or chases me across the map as I'm advancing.  I LOVE that, because it means I'm not only keeping the tanks opposite me busy, I'm also occupying their team's SPGs.  If three or four enemy tanks are focused on me, then somewhere else on the map my team has a numerical advantage.  If that lets my team win, then even if I personally didn't get to do much damage I feel good about the match.

 

I'm not even saying this is the smartest way to play.  You can look at my stats and see it doesn't make me a good player.  But it does let me play the game without getting angry at arty and hating people who play it.  I think it's a good attitude to have.

 

You know... when I used to play World of Warcraft, I enjoyed being the "tank" -- the player who stood toe-to-toe with the monsters, took their hits, and kept them busy while his teammates did most of the damage.  I guess when I get "arty aggro" I feel the same way.  I'm drawing fire away from my team and now it's my job to keep the enemy's attention while staying alive, while my friends shoot fireballs and stab them in the back with pointy sticks.  Maybe a lot of other WOT players only played the DPS classes and only feel good when they're doing massive damage.

 

 

I have the same philosophy. It is playing the game, as a player who plays the statistics would be unlikely to  do that.



Thornir #40 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 18:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 26549 battles
  • 2,198
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

I really don't think arty is a "broken" class. It is unique, certainly. It can do things other classes can't. 

 

 To be "broken", it needs to be not working as intended. To say it isn't, you need to know what WG intends. I would submit that their intentions have evolved over time, but fairly, the only evidence we have is its continued presence in the game.

 

let us assume for a moment that every single arty player that frequents the forums was persuaded that arty was bad, and stopped playing it. How many is that? Dozens? Hundreds?

 

THOUSANDS of people, with and without arty in their garages, play this game daily,  blissfully unaware of the rage of the "vocal minority" here in the forums. 

 

I am not saying people that don't like arty don't have a case - though I personally disagree with the arguments presented as they tend to ignore the possibility of foreseen and unforeseen consequences for players and the game itself, especially in the Americas. I am saying that lashing your fellow players for making legitimate game play choices and/or not doing anything of significance to foster change is an unsuccessful strategy. 

 

The many that that are vocally opposed to arty that post in here, despite their passion and willingness to bully, blame and shame, won't ever do more than they are doing now. Which is essentially nothing.

 

it makes me wonder how big a deal it really is to them, and how many just love to argue for the sake of it.






3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users