World of Tanks keeps crahing after I log in

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Pinny_ #1 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 14:58

Private

• -Players-
  • 2168 battles
World of Tanks crashes every time I log-in. This started happening yesterday evening. I've tried many things to fix this, but I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. The first thing I tried was uninstallation of WoT. That seemed to work for like one battle then it crashed again. Next I tried messing with settings in NVIDIA to see if WoT was running on onboard graphics, but I'm pretty sure I just have one card so I don't think that could be the problem. And lastly I tried uninstalling World of Warships. I got World of Warships that day and thought it may have had something to do with the WoT crashes, but it didn't seem to affect anything. Please let me know your thoughts.

Viper138 #2 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 15:20

Private

• Players
  • 29396 battles
  • [7GMAC] 7GMAC

I too am having this problem starting this morning, 30 minutes ago.  I got in and was loading the first match when it crashed and now as I log on it crashes as I am synchronizing and loading consumables.  I also tried starting in safe mode.

shaolinsarge #3 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 15:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17636 battles
  • [G-E-T] G-E-T

Have you the especification of  hardware ?  See you if drivers are ok, try play another game to see if there aren't errors running in system.

( Have you mods of WoT installed? If yes, try delete files )  forget , you said that you uninstalled entire game.

Run program to check system errors, may help too.

heavymetal1967 #4 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 15:26

Major

• Players
  • 59435 battles

If you've reinstalled these are probably a long shot, but still worth a try.

OP I'm guessing at some point in all the above you did a reboot of your system.  If not try that first.

Try SAFE mode.  Even if you're not running mod now if you ever have they're still in some folders.  Though a reinstall should've deleted them.  Still worth a shot.

Run the integrity check from the launcher.  The little gear icon and then the support page/tab.  It should replace any missing corrupt files. 

Run the reset graphics option on the launcher.  Same place as the integrity check.  It'll reset graphics to default.

Check your drivers and Direct X and make sure they're current.  But if this just started happening I'm guessing this isn't the issue.

If none of that helps and no one else posts something that fixes the issue file a ticket with support.

Edit:  Support will want some things like logs, etc... but can't find anything but this for Tanks on the support site.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/303

Good luck.

Edited by heavymetal1967, Sep 25 2017 - 15:39.

Viper138 #5 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 15:31

Private

• Players
  • 29396 battles
  • [7GMAC] 7GMAC
Pinny I launched the game with reset graphic setting and was able to get in that time.  Give that a try, tab at right of start button, tried safe mode first and that didn't work then did the graphic and got in.

black_colt #6 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 15:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostPinny_, on Sep 25 2017 - 05:58, said:

World of Tanks crashes every time I log-in. This started happening yesterday evening. I've tried many things to fix this, but I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. The first thing I tried was uninstallation of WoT. That seemed to work for like one battle then it crashed again. Next I tried messing with settings in NVIDIA to see if WoT was running on onboard graphics, but I'm pretty sure I just have one card so I don't think that could be the problem. And lastly I tried uninstalling World of Warships. I got World of Warships that day and thought it may have had something to do with the WoT crashes, but it didn't seem to affect anything. Please let me know your thoughts.

Are you running MODs?

If so, have you attempted to launch the game in [Safe Mode] as Viper138 has suggested?  If not, I also recommend you do to see the game launches without issues.

If the game launches without issues and you are running MODs then you should check with that MOD provider to ensure that you have the MODs that work with your version of the game.

If you are not running MODs - then you should submit a Support Ticket.

Viper138 #7 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 15:52

Private

• Players
  • 29396 battles
  • [7GMAC] 7GMAC
Crashed again after 2nd match and am not able to get in again either in safe mode or with reset graphics settings.  I am not running any mods. Will be submitting ticket.

Buttknuckle #8 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 17:24

Captain

• Players
  • 39830 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

You are not alone. See this thread:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/554303-920-update-game-crash/#topmost

There are a couple of other things to try listed there.

PiratePurplePants #9 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 18:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 19673 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostButtknuckle, on Sep 25 2017 - 07:30, said:

I was having similar issues but appear to have found a fix, or at least fixed enough that I've been able to play 50+ games without a game crash. The issue was with MSI Nahimic software. From what I could find on the web this causes problems with other games too.

Check our your event viewer and find the errors recorded when world of tanks crashed. If you have a fault with NahimicMSIOSD.dll that might be your issue. Below is the log from one of my crashes.

Faulting application name: worldoftanks.exe, version: 0.9.20.125, time stamp: 0x5996b443
Faulting module name: NahimicMSIOSD.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56614f10
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00004cd2
Faulting process id: 0xc5c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d333539cca74fb
Faulting application path: C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\worldoftanks.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Nahimic\NahimicMSI\UserInterface\NahimicMSIOSD.dll
Report Id: 25a3462b-e7c7-445d-985a-e6b2f9b5308a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fix was simple, just rename NahimicMSIOSD.dll, and restart your PC.

I renamed mine by putting "test" in front of the file name so I could find it again if it didn't work.

​I did exactly what you advised.  I went into the events viewer, found the log for the WoT crash and found the Nahmic file that was failing and renamed it to test_nahman.......    Restarted PC and Loaded world of tanks.  Was able to log completely in.  So far this fix works!!

Pinny_ #10 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 19:45

Private

• -Players-
  • 2168 battles
Strangely enough, I started the game up to see if it would crash again so I could check the event viewer, but of course it worked.... :/ I hope it stays working, but if not I'll refer back to this forum thanks for all the helpful feedback!

General_ArmChair #11 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 21:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 27735 battles
  • [HULK] HULK
Hi there. I added "test_" when renaming the offending .dll and then rebooted. Loaded up into full game mode on the first attempt after rebooting. I really hope this finally fixes the crashing issue. Goodluck!

C3nturion #12 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 22:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 14563 battles
  • [T57] T57
I'm having the same crashing problem...

View PostPiratePurplePants, on Sep 25 2017 - 17:27, said:

I did exactly what you advised.  I went into the events viewer, found the log for the WoT crash and found the Nahmic file that was failing and renamed it to test_nahman.......    Restarted PC and Loaded world of tanks.  Was able to log completely in.  So far this fix works!!

Effing Nahimic again!? Nahimic messes with my BitTorrent as well. Might just uninstall it now.

Buttknuckle #13 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 22:54

Captain

• Players
  • 39830 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostC3nturion, on Sep 25 2017 - 21:17, said:

I'm having the same crashing problem...

Effing Nahimic again!? Nahimic messes with my BitTorrent as well. Might just uninstall it now.

Yeah, running through my event log I see it causing problems with Overwatch and Discord too.

Portas_Panzer #14 Posted Sep 30 2017 - 01:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 47830 battles
  • [ELVIS] ELVIS
Someone has to put up a step by step to fix it as I am going insane with this constant crash and I know piss all about computers.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users