Petition To Have Arty Whiners Forcibly Moved To WOT Blitz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

tiadashi #21 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 19:08

Major

• Players
  • 20053 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Sep 25 2017 - 18:48, said:

my experience is far and away the opposite.  some arty player wanting the valley covered on lakeville, or the beach on overlord, etc., etc. ping the map more times than they'll ping the enemy in a month...  then some poor bastard goes there, and said arty player then fires danger close, crippling the tank, killing crew, breaking modules "helping"

the vast majority of arty players I have been allied with I won't do a thing for.  if a LT makes it through, I'll let 'em feed/harvest before trying to counter it.  I've been team damaged and griefed by arty players on my own team just too danged many times...

anyway, I haven't seen the incessant map splergs in a while.  elkano's map splerg blocker mod knocked that down a while ago, and I haven't played much at all since late July anyway.

Thats BS and you know it, theres not enough arty in any game to overmatch the number of complainers/map pingers per game

HOTA_CHATON #22 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 19:35

Major

• Players
  • 12186 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

View PostApe_Drape, on Sep 25 2017 - 10:13, said:

Greetings all,

I am not going to get into the nitty grittys of whining about artillery in this game. For all of you who have been hounded into oblivion time and time again, who is with me in petitioning WG to remove the overpussified artillery whiners in this game and make them play the game that was made just for them?

I would back this 100%.  I am so tired of these whiners getting on the forums complaining about a vital legitimate part of this game.  Why not complain about tank destroyers now?  I mean, it's not like they are not as OP as they are now and two new OP tank destroyers.  Being OP is why they removed the German Tier X, isn't it?  So lets nerf the crap outta them now then we can start on lights tanks since they have gotten an OP bump now, then heavy tanks would be next.  I mean geez, where does it end?  Is nobody satisfied?

Ape_Drape #23 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 20:04

Captain

• Players
  • 37475 battles
  • [SOT] SOT

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on Sep 25 2017 - 17:22, said:

Let's petition to have the OP moved to WOT Blitz. 

I'm an arty player. I love playing it. Even I can admit it has no place in the game. 

I don't whine about arty being in the game.

ScrubIord #24 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 20:13

Captain

• Players
  • 28501 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
when you get focussed by arty 24x7 everyday every game, just because of your stats you will know why people whine about arty

Bolted_On #25 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 20:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 56299 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
How about a petition to not allow players to ping the map if their wn8 is less than 800 ?

LeaveIT2Beaver #26 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 20:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 28284 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

View PostApe_Drape, on Sep 25 2017 - 11:13, said:

Greetings all,

I am not going to get into the nitty grittys of whining about artillery in this game. For all of you who have been hounded into oblivion time and time again, who is with me in petitioning WG to remove the overpussified artillery whiners in this game and make them play the game that was made just for them?

Nothing like bring a troll thread to the forums and doubling down in it. Nice work.

Ie_Shima #27 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 20:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2484 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Sep 25 2017 - 18:48, said:

My experience is far and away the opposite.  Some arty player wanting the valley covered on Lakeville, or the beach on Overlord, etc., etc. pings the map more times than they'll ping the enemy in a month...  Then some poor bastard goes there, and said arty player then fires danger close, crippling the tank, killing crew, breaking modules "helping"

Why not ask WG to implement a new message on the little message wheel, something along the lines of "Firing, danger close".  Or just have it so it automatically messages if a friendly is close enough to be considered 'danger close' when you fire.  

Or, I don't know, why not use the new feature that does just that, you know the one to give a precise ping on where or who you're firing at?!  I know I use it when I play arty, and most of my teammates are smart enough to gtfo when they see me target an enemy.  If I do end up splashing or stunning a teammate, I apologize: I've got nothing better to do while waiting for a 20+ second long reload.  

I also fixed your grammar.

Nonamanadus #28 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 20:45

Major

• Players
  • 24563 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

I petition people with thin skin get moved to WOWS......

Its a very soothing game.....

Rake #29 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 20:49

Major

• Players
  • 49077 battles

Greetings all,

You do realize, don't you, that blitz won't run on many computers?

_Katyusha___ #30 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 20:49

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10738 battles

Is this a petition to send arty spam players to the gulags on Sahka? Please do it

Lets no polarize this, I'm ok with the casual arty player, those who have one or two of them for missions and else. Like out of 52 tanks of mine, only 3 of them are arty and only play them for 3x or the ocassional arty class missions.

But there should be a game rule to force arty spammers to play other tank classes (or any stadpadder spammer to play more tanks). BTW, I tought previous patchs would limit arty to two in game, too bad it only applied to ranked and such. So what about a petition to limit arty to two each team every random battle?

P.D. Death to the lefH!

UnDeadDemon956 #31 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 20:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29345 battles

Greetings all,

You will never remove me, i complain about everything.

Blacksheep_14 #32 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 20:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17345 battles
  • [GTTDS] GTTDS
I have a better idea just remove arty and there will be no more whiners.

Rake #33 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 20:53

Major

• Players
  • 49077 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Sep 25 2017 - 12:48, said:

my experience is far and away the opposite.  some arty player wanting the valley covered on lakeville, or the beach on overlord, etc., etc. ping the map more times than they'll ping the enemy in a month...  then some poor bastard goes there, and said arty player then fires danger close, crippling the tank, killing crew, breaking modules "helping"

the vast majority of arty players I have been allied with I won't do a thing for.  if a LT makes it through, I'll let 'em feed/harvest before trying to counter it.  I've been team damaged and griefed by arty players on my own team just too danged many times...

anyway, I haven't seen the incessant map splergs in a while.  elkano's map splerg blocker mod knocked that down a while ago, and I haven't played much at all since late July anyway.

The ping spamming comes from all types in the game, and is not predominantly any one vehicle type.  The other day I saw two idiots who were unicoms doing it for about two minutes straight.  Sadly, WG doesn't do a damn thing about these blatant violations.

TheGrizzlay #34 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 20:53

Major

• Players
  • 22033 battles

Greetings all,

I agree. +1 to you. Remove Arty From The Game.

Kenshin2kx #35 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 20:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 16038 battles

View PostApe_Drape, on Sep 25 2017 - 06:13, said:

Greetings all,

Fundamental problem ... and a similar rationale to the notion of 'Free Speech" in America ... the notion of banning or moving ANY group due to subjective perceptual disagreement is tantamount to discrimination.  Everyone has the right to voice their views in the game and more specifically in this forum.  All player views on the game hold equal value as personal opinion ... Now as to the exodus to Blitz, I say make Blitz identical in gameplay and vehicles to the PC variant, playable on a PC (with complete transfer of goods, vehicles and credit) but Without artillery ... and I would think you would get little to no push back.  ... by that token, I could reverse the suggestion to say, why not introduce artillery to the console crowd?  It may actually be a better fit since the game play is optimized for game pads instead of keyboards and mice right?

Rake #36 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 21:13

Major

• Players
  • 49077 battles

View PostKenshin2kx, on Sep 25 2017 - 14:58, said:

Fundamental problem ... and a similar rationale to the notion of 'Free Speech" in America ... the notion of banning or moving ANY group due to subjective perceptual disagreement is tantamount to discrimination.  Everyone has the right to voice their views in the game and more specifically in this forum.  All player views on the game hold equal value as personal opinion ... Now as to the exodus to Blitz, I say make Blitz identical in gameplay and vehicles to the PC variant, playable on a PC (with complete transfer of goods, vehicles and credit) but Without artillery ... and I would think you would get little to no push back.  ... by that token, I could reverse the suggestion to say, why not introduce artillery to the console crowd?  It may actually be a better fit since the game play is optimized for game pads instead of keyboards and mice right?

Imagine the result if they actually gave PC players a real opportunity to play this game without arties.  There would be at least 10 arties per team in game with arty.

UnDeadDemon956 #37 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 21:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29345 battles

View PostRake, on Sep 25 2017 - 15:13, said:

Imagine the result if they actually gave PC players a real opportunity to play this game without arties.  There would be at least 10 arties per team in game with arty.

Good and those other 20 people can enjoy being perma stunned by 5 auto loading batchat arties.

Edited by UnDeadDemon956, Sep 25 2017 - 21:15.

Kenshin2kx #38 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 21:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 16038 battles

View PostRake, on Sep 25 2017 - 10:13, said:

It might be entertaining to watch ... but not play in IMHO :D  Reminds me of what happened to a good friend of mine while in Basic Training on the mainland ... his group was at the rifle range when a luckless deer stumbled upon range and tried to sprint across ... the poor bugger did not get far.

Edited by Kenshin2kx, Sep 25 2017 - 21:20.

Shortcult #39 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 21:20

Major

• Players
  • 31139 battles

Cause and effect OP, think about it.

Apologists frequently chant 'you whined, this is what you got, deal with it', think about what you would get.

Verblonde #40 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 21:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 17377 battles
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB
OP: are you talking about banishing people who whine about arty, or people who play arty, and whine? The language is unclear.

I suggest that, if trying to troll, it is a good idea to make it clear exactly whom you are trying to wind up...?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users