Reverting back to old WOT Launcher

9 replies to this topic

Douggi666 #1 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 22:17

Private

• -Players-
  • 8954 battles
  • [1STBB] 1STBB
Am I able to uninstall the WG launcher from my computer and have my game revert to the old launcher?

TURBOTHETIGER66 #2 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 22:24

Private

• -Players-
  • 677 battles
  • [GNZX3] GNZX3

Yes. I never lost my old launcher when I tried the new one. You should still have it.

Striker_70 #3 Posted Sep 29 2017 - 07:44

Major

• Players
  • 18518 battles

View PostTURBOTHETIGER66, on Sep 25 2017 - 15:24, said:

Yes. I never lost my old launcher when I tried the new one. You should still have it.

That didn't happen for me.  When I installed the WG Center, my old launchers stopped working.  When I uninstalled WG Center, my old launchers still didn't work.  

I couldn't even play any of my WG games after uninstalling the WG Center either.  Having WG center installed became required to launch these games.

Killer__Kowalski #4 Posted Oct 02 2017 - 03:02

Private

• -Players-
  • 11269 battles

After I launched the new game center, my computer now won't let me log into WOT.  I always get an error message "World of Tanks has stopped working".  There is no way I can get in or do a work around.  What the heck is going on with them.

landedkiller #5 Posted Oct 02 2017 - 06:32

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7783 battles

View PostKiller__Kowalski, on Oct 01 2017 - 20:02, said:

After I launched the new game center, my computer now won't let me log into WOT.  I always get an error message "World of Tanks has stopped working".  There is no way I can get in or do a work around.  What the heck is going on with them.

well it is a buggy program to begin with your soltuion would be to uninstall all of the games one by one and then open up task manager and then click uninstall on the wargaming center and hit end task on wargaming center except the uninstall process. After all of that go to the wayback machine and type in worldoftanks.com go to any date before march of 2017 and hit download you will get your client back that way same works for world of warships. No world of warplanes workaroud and don't install it otherwise you'll have the wargaming center all over again

landedkiller #6 Posted Oct 03 2017 - 06:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7783 battles
http://forum.worldof.../#entry11263709 related to this a poll on experiences with the wgc

Luciano_Bradley #7 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 00:49

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 62206 battles
  • [STB1] STB1

How is this launcher program better than a couple of desktop shortcuts? 

landedkiller #8 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 01:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7783 battles
It is very buggy and sends data to some random 3rd party not to mention lag and ping spikes and it flashes ads. I think they are pushing this dumb program to get more money in their pockets as it will advertise other wargaming titles. i am just a world of tanks and world of warships guy got enough going on with life to not go into more titles by wargaming. They will be making us all download this program after it exists beta I am thinking around wg fest. My thread i linked above highly suggest responding if your having problems. I can't do everything folks it takes many to get any change from wargaming

ZARDOZ_II #9 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 16:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
It also runs an app in the background all the time, even when you're not playing a WG game.  I've taken pains to eliminate background apps to keep the PC I play on clean.  If WG in future insists this be loaded in order to play their game, I'll just delete them all.  I did get an invite for the Beta of Arena.  It added the GC.  I instantly deleted it and had to go back and reload WoWS.  Have to figure out how to reload WoT without it as well.  But if WG wants an app to run in the background constantly, they can install it on their system, not mine. 

landedkiller #10 Posted Oct 16 2017 - 04:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7783 battles

View PostZARDOZ_II, on Oct 07 2017 - 09:59, said:

It also runs an app in the background all the time, even when you're not playing a WG game.  I've taken pains to eliminate background apps to keep the PC I play on clean.  If WG in future insists this be loaded in order to play their game, I'll just delete them all.  I did get an invite for the Beta of Arena.  It added the GC.  I instantly deleted it and had to go back and reload WoWS.  Have to figure out how to reload WoT without it as well.  But if WG wants an app to run in the background constantly, they can install it on their system, not mine. 

I suggest you support my previous threads on the wargaming center having strength in numbers will send more of a message than just me.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users