I'd like a full battle analysis of this game please...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

IndygoEEI #1 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 22:30

Major

• Players
  • 49105 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

Edited by Volier_Zcit, Sep 26 2017 - 07:31.

Atragon #2 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 22:49

Major

• Players
  • 35391 battles

You need to do a bit more to help your team. You need to stay arty safe. You could have helped more on the flanks  You also need to protect your hull better. Also take better aim and angle your armor.  Use dead tanks and rubble to hide you hull. Dont forget, if the whole teams goes to one flank, you would be better off going with then rather than holding a flank all alone. Learn to use bushes more for camo and sit behind the bushes no in them. 

But anyway you did your best and I give you a C for effort. Keep on trying and dont give up. 

Edited by Atragon, Sep 25 2017 - 22:49.

riff_ #3 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 22:50

Major

• Players
  • 25419 battles

The 103 acted like a child at the end of the game.  We do not have his side of the story but you did die trying to help him.  Also what I have found out in these situations is that you do not know who the 103 was referring to.  It could have been the red team or a few other of your team mates.  There could be a clan thing going on here too.

GL HF

Edited by riff_, Sep 25 2017 - 22:51.

IndygoEEI #4 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 22:55

Major

• Players
  • 49105 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6

View Postriff_, on Sep 25 2017 - 16:50, said:

The 103 acted like a child at the end of the game.  We do not have his side of the story but you did die trying to help him.  Also what I have found out in these situations is that you do not know who the 103 was referring to.  It could have been the red team or a few other of your team mates.  There could be a clan thing going on here too.

GL HF

Well then we should here his side of the story...  103...  Please step up...

The 103 player is refusing to make light of his situation.  In that case can I get more

commentary?  BTW, we've been having a full on conversation while this going on and he

hasn't been very nice....

Edited by IndygoEEI, Sep 25 2017 - 23:16.

Yuri_Doujinshi #5 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 23:28

Major

• Players
  • 22891 battles

Your initial deployment was fine. I typically go north, but that's personal preference. Basically, going anywhere but the south circle is good, especially since you're in a TD that doesn't really perform well on this map.

At 13:30, I would have gone to help clean up the tanks in the north before dealing with the south. South tends to be a difficult flank to collapse on if you don't have a significant numbers advantage already.

At 12:50, you shouldn't be pushing there. It's way too easy to get caught out by anything around any number of corners. I would have gone back up north to clean up (as I already mentioned) and then either go towards the enemy base or your base depending on how hard their team is pushing and which direction they are going. You got punished pretty hard by the 704 for rounding the corner, and as a result your health really isn't high enough to play aggressively anymore.

Since your team still hasn't cleaned up the tanks in the north, your team now has to deal with enemies on two different flanks. I feel like I can't emphasize the north situation enough here. Had you gone there, you would have gotten (relatively) free cleanup damage, put your team in a much better position, and likely preserved more of your HP.

11:30. Situational awareness. That Steyr WT was spotted coming up, and you could have immediately turned to face him after killing the KV-3. Lucky for you, he missed.

The Steyr WT had at least 3 shot opportunities that he whiffed completely. You probably should have dealt with him before charging the Victoria to minimize your risk of dying.

At 10:54, once you got out of the Victoria's turret range, you should have stopped and turned to face him. You can't keep circling until you reload, then turn. The Victoria will catch up to you like he did in the replay. You have a much better survival chance if you have your frontal armor facing him by the time he reloads.

If you had gone north after pushing through the middle and cleaned up the enemy tanks, you likely would have survived the battle with much more damage. You would still have been on full hp since neither the Tiger P nor the 704 would have shot you, and all 3 of the tanks that pushed would not have been a factor. That Steyr and JT88 would have started pushing for cap after all of the north tanks were dead, allowing you to deal with them separately with much lower risk.

Also, I would like to note that your teammates cleaned up south without your help. You didn't land a single shot into a tank in the south, minus that one shot into the Jagdtiger which you could have done anyways before you headed north. Basically what I'm saying is that you didn't need to try and push into H5 in the first place. All you needed to do was head up north, clean up there, and your teammates would have done the rest.

Hellsfog #6 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 23:48

Major

• Players
  • 31167 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U

You got lucky, which is fine. At about 12:45 the 152 bounced or hit your tracks.  If he hadn't, you'd been dead. You got the damage you got only because the KV-3 you farmed was bot levels of bad( 12k battles, 90 overall Wn8). His 1300 hp makes your damage look better than it really was.   

I thought the idea to push middle and shoot towards the 0 line was an interesting idea but you gave up on it following some really bad trades.  After that, it looked like you were running around without any plan or purpose.

You got lucking again when the PV bounced his first shot. I don't know why you charged the PV when his fear of being shot again was better than trying to circle him. I guess because the Steyr was coming but all you needed to do was freeze the PV and Steyr while your mates came up and the Strv finished the JT 88.

In answer to the question you are really asking, a reasonable person could agree with the Strv's assessment. 

Hellsfog #7 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 23:49

Major

• Players
  • 31167 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U

View PostIndygoEEI, on Sep 25 2017 - 16:55, said:

Well then we should here his side of the story...  103...  Please step up...

The 103 player is refusing to make light of his situation.  In that case can I get more

commentary?  BTW, we've been having a full on conversation while this going on and he

hasn't been very nice....

Considering you are trying to troll him through the forums, why would he be nice. 

Yuri_Doujinshi #8 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 00:01

Major

• Players
  • 22891 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Sep 25 2017 - 22:48, said:

In answer to the question you are really asking, a reasonable person could agree with the Strv's assessment. 

What even WAS the Strv's assessment? I didn't see any hostile chat messages in the replay.

Hellsfog #9 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 00:03

Major

• Players
  • 31167 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U

View PostYuri_Doujinshi, on Sep 25 2017 - 18:01, said:

What even WAS the Strv's assessment? I didn't see any hostile chat messages in the replay.

At the last second, he typed the word 'morons'. I don't know that I would be so salty at that to make this fake advice thread but apparently the OP is. 

Dirizon #10 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 00:03

Major

• Players
  • 26145 battles

l think you did fine in deployment, tactically in some instances you could have afforded to not move forward, or aim more - like with the Tiger P. or your shot on the Jag Tiger 8.8

What is wrong with what you did though? You drove across the map attempting to do stuff. You racked up 2.1K doing so. l think you did fine.

ARCNA442 #11 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 00:35

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9276 battles
  • [SAVE] SAVE

You probably should have gone back to base earlier and you definitely shouldn't have charged into their base.

My main problem is that you seemed rather unaware of the angles (which is difficult on that map) and that led to your losing most of your hp for no gain and could have resulted in your death much earlier. Your decision to try and circle a medium in a turretless TD was also a bit odd.

IndygoEEI #12 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 02:09

Major

• Players
  • 49105 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6

View PostYuri_Doujinshi, on Sep 25 2017 - 17:28, said:

Your initial deployment was fine. I typically go north, but that's personal preference. Basically, going anywhere but the south circle is good, especially since you're in a TD that doesn't really perform well on this map.

At 13:30, I would have gone to help clean up the tanks in the north before dealing with the south. South tends to be a difficult flank to collapse on if you don't have a significant numbers advantage already.

At 12:50, you shouldn't be pushing there. It's way too easy to get caught out by anything around any number of corners. I would have gone back up north to clean up (as I already mentioned) and then either go towards the enemy base or your base depending on how hard their team is pushing and which direction they are going. You got punished pretty hard by the 704 for rounding the corner, and as a result your health really isn't high enough to play aggressively anymore.

Since your team still hasn't cleaned up the tanks in the north, your team now has to deal with enemies on two different flanks. I feel like I can't emphasize the north situation enough here. Had you gone there, you would have gotten (relatively) free cleanup damage, put your team in a much better position, and likely preserved more of your HP.

11:30. Situational awareness. That Steyr WT was spotted coming up, and you could have immediately turned to face him after killing the KV-3. Lucky for you, he missed.

The Steyr WT had at least 3 shot opportunities that he whiffed completely. You probably should have dealt with him before charging the Victoria to minimize your risk of dying.

At 10:54, once you got out of the Victoria's turret range, you should have stopped and turned to face him. You can't keep circling until you reload, then turn. The Victoria will catch up to you like he did in the replay. You have a much better survival chance if you have your frontal armor facing him by the time he reloads.

If you had gone north after pushing through the middle and cleaned up the enemy tanks, you likely would have survived the battle with much more damage. You would still have been on full hp since neither the Tiger P nor the 704 would have shot you, and all 3 of the tanks that pushed would not have been a factor. That Steyr and JT88 would have started pushing for cap after all of the north tanks were dead, allowing you to deal with them separately with much lower risk.

Also, I would like to note that your teammates cleaned up south without your help. You didn't land a single shot into a tank in the south, minus that one shot into the Jagdtiger which you could have done anyways before you headed north. Basically what I'm saying is that you didn't need to try and push into H5 in the first place. All you needed to do was head up north, clean up there, and your teammates would have done the rest.

The mistake with 704 relly hurt me and took away any bargaining chips I had.  Yeah hated

that mistake the most.  I do appreciate the comment about going north (13:30).  I haven't

rechecked the replay, but I feel you're definitely right about that....

View PostYuri_Doujinshi, on Sep 25 2017 - 18:01, said:

View PostHellsfog, on Sep 25 2017 - 18:03, said:

At the last second, he typed the word 'morons'. I don't know that I would be so salty at that to make this fake advice thread but apparently the OP is. 

This is what brought this on.  I simply wanted to know, but then he had to be a totally rude

about it.

Spoiler

Yuri_Doujinshi #13 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 02:50

Major

• Players
  • 22891 battles

View PostIndygoEEI, on Sep 26 2017 - 01:09, said:

The mistake with 704 relly hurt me and took away any bargaining chips I had.  Yeah hated

that mistake the most.  I do appreciate the comment about going north (13:30).  I haven't

rechecked the replay, but I feel you're definitely right about that....

Incidentally, the Strv wouldn't be complaining if you had gone north either. Not saying he's right, since he's being awfully mad for no good reason (a win is a win), but it is a fact.

Dishonest_John #14 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 03:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5365 battles
  • [GUNS0] GUNS0

Simple.

1. ​You won the battle so screw what anyone else thinks
  2. You're GUNS, so screw what anyone else thinks about you winning.
  3. Rude people - place on blacklist and move on

o7 GUNS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users