Game can't get past the "sync"

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Kai_O_Keleiwa #1 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 18:09

Private

• Players
  • 24908 battles

As of Monday afternoon, 25 Sept 2017 I have been unsuccessful in logging into WoT. Monday morning the game ran fine but when I tried to play later that same day the game would not get past the "sync" of game components. A windows pop-up message says game has stopped working. WoWs and WoWp both work fine and I can log into both of them. I can also log into all three forums. But Not WoT. Have played this game since 2014 and have never had an issue that would not allow me to log in until Monday afternoon. I see that this is happening to other people as well. 

What has changed since Monday morning? I've uninstalled and re-installed the game. started it in safe mode and with graphics reset to default. I run the game in SD mode. My MSI computer uses an Intel i7-6700HQ cpu., an Nvidia GTX970m video card. Has16GB of installed RAM. And now suddenly won't run the game....why?

Buttknuckle #2 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 18:39

Captain

• Players
  • 39830 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Open the event viewer on your PC and see what is causing the game to crash. I was having issues after the last patch that was a result of a fault with MSI software. See link below to thread with details on what fixed it for me. There are some other suggestions of things you can try in there as well.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/554303-920-update-game-crash/#topmost

84Doc04 #3 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 19:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17018 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D
I have an MSI graphics card and also have had driver issues.  Try updating your graphics drivers and see if that helps

PiratePurplePants #4 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 19:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 19673 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostButtknuckle, on Sep 25 2017 - 07:30, said:

I was having similar issues but appear to have found a fix, or at least fixed enough that I've been able to play 50+ games without a game crash. The issue was with MSI Nahimic software. From what I could find on the web this causes problems with other games too.

Check our your event viewer and find the errors recorded when world of tanks crashed. If you have a fault with NahimicMSIOSD.dll that might be your issue. Below is the log from one of my crashes.

Faulting application name: worldoftanks.exe, version: 0.9.20.125, time stamp: 0x5996b443
Faulting module name: NahimicMSIOSD.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56614f10
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00004cd2
Faulting process id: 0xc5c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d333539cca74fb
Faulting application path: C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\worldoftanks.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Nahimic\NahimicMSI\UserInterface\NahimicMSIOSD.dll
Report Id: 25a3462b-e7c7-445d-985a-e6b2f9b5308a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fix was simple, just rename NahimicMSIOSD.dll, and restart your PC.

I renamed mine by putting "test" in front of the file name so I could find it again if it didn't work.

​I did exactly what you advised.  I went into the events viewer, found the log for the WoT crash and found the Nahmic file that was failing and renamed it to test_nahman.......    Restarted PC and Loaded world of tanks.  Was able to log completely in.  So far this fix works!!  

InsideTheWire #5 Posted Sep 27 2017 - 03:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 25019 battles
  • [GZ_C] GZ_C

Many thanks Buttknuckle, was having the same issue but couldn't find the Nahimic file, makes me wonder if this hasn't been my issue for the last several months with the game randomly crashing on me and Tech Support being much help at all...

I love my MSI laptop but have had nothing but issues with this game with it since I bought it.  WOWS runs beautifully but this game can barely run on it...  

the file I was having issues with was C:\Program Files\Nahimic\Nahimic2\UserInterface\Nahimic2OSD.dll so if anyone has an MSI with Nahimic 2 on it you may need to rename that file to test as Buttknuckle did.

Edited by InsideTheWire, Sep 27 2017 - 03:48.

Buttknuckle #6 Posted Sep 27 2017 - 03:47

Captain

• Players
  • 39830 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostInsideTheWire, on Sep 27 2017 - 02:40, said:

Many thanks Buttknuckle, was having the same issue, makes me wonder if this hasn't been my issue for the last several months with the game randomly crashing on me and Tech Support being no help at all...

Glad it worked for you. I'm not too surprised tech support didn't suggest it. I scoured through lots of "WOT Crashes" type threads on pretty much every server and never saw this particular fix suggested. I actually learned of this fix via an overwatch forum post. Figured if it worked for overwatch it might work for WOT too. 

InsideTheWire #7 Posted Sep 27 2017 - 03:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 25019 battles
  • [GZ_C] GZ_C
Sweet!  I edited my post to include the file I found to be my culprit. Renamed it as you did and no problem logging in...  Now if I could just find that damn Nvidia Control Panel.  That now seems to have disappeared on me...  

WIZD #8 Posted Sep 27 2017 - 04:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5187 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

View PostInsideTheWire, on Sep 27 2017 - 03:50, said:

Sweet!  I edited my post to include the file I found to be my culprit. Renamed it as you did and no problem logging in...  Now if I could just find that damn Nvidia Control Panel.  That now seems to have disappeared on me...  

Probably crashes when you updated the drivers. I updated mine and the old version doesn't work anymore. The new one is a pos. Can't change your display like before.

InsideTheWire #9 Posted Sep 28 2017 - 01:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 25019 battles
  • [GZ_C] GZ_C
I had to go to control panel to find it, it's a pain in the a$$ that it no longer shows in the hidden icons area.  Had to go back through and redo all of my settings for my games...  Getting to the point I really hate Nvidia...  Have more problems with this 5 month old laptop w/GTX1050Ti running this game than my 4 year old laptop running my GTX670.  My Asus never hiccupped, don't know if I'll ever buy another MSI.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users