Jump to content


Skills and Perks

skills perks

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

BudEdwards #1 Posted Sep 29 2017 - 00:20

    Private

  • Players
  • 18370 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    02-28-2013

wot.pngWhen you first start you're first skill you get improvement fairly rapidl, but the closer you get to 100% the more battles and experience it takes to get a another 1%.

I have a tank with crewmembers working on their 5th skill, yes 5, to get the next 1% it states I have to get 53,503 xp or approximately 143 battles.

 

First, when I started that skill, it wasn't 53,000 xp to get the 1st 1% but it goes exponentially up and the more skills you already have the worst it gets.

see screen print

Can you explain the logic?

 

Thanks for an awesome game

 



Roburk #2 Posted Sep 29 2017 - 00:23

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21683 battles
  • 1,637
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    10-17-2013

View Postwhisperinghill, on Sep 28 2017 - 18:20, said:

I have a tank with crewmembers working on their 5th skill, yes 5

so what, my defender has a 7 skill crew



Buttknuckle #3 Posted Sep 29 2017 - 00:45

    Captain

  • Players
  • 41019 battles
  • 1,680
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    03-19-2013

Google WOT crew skills - you'll find all your answers, and its faster than waiting for players to post different piecemeal portions of it in here.



WangOnTheLoose #4 Posted Sep 29 2017 - 00:53

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 22161 battles
  • 1,472
  • [MOVE] MOVE
  • Member since:
    09-06-2014

Advancement is not on a straight line, not sure it is exactly the exponential but close enough to get the idea.  Google WOT crew skill calculator and you can see the numbers.

 

It makes logical sense in that in real life it is easy to be OK at something but takes a lot more work to become an expert at something.  So it is actually a good abstraction of real life.



Bolted_On #5 Posted Sep 29 2017 - 01:17

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 56771 battles
  • 569
  • [WANKO] WANKO
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

View PostRoburk, on Sep 28 2017 - 23:23, said:

so what, my defender has a 7 skill crew

 

LOL...IKR.    Like he's the only one to ever get to 5 perks.   I have a ton of tanks with 6, almost to 7.

rompan1 #6 Posted Sep 29 2017 - 02:22

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 28280 battles
  • 377
  • [GST] GST
  • Member since:
    12-04-2012

View Postwhisperinghill, on Sep 28 2017 - 17:20, said:

wot.pngWhen you first start you're first skill you get improvement fairly rapidl, but the closer you get to 100% the more battles and experience it takes to get a another 1%.

I have a tank with crewmembers working on their 5th skill, yes 5, to get the next 1% it states I have to get 53,503 xp or approximately 143 battles.

 

First, when I started that skill, it wasn't 53,000 xp to get the 1st 1% but it goes exponentially up and the more skills you already have the worst it gets.

see screen print

Can you explain the logic?

 

Thanks for an awesome game

 

 

It's linear and exponential, the bar is pushed farther and the effort multiplied.

Buttknuckle #7 Posted Sep 29 2017 - 04:36

    Captain

  • Players
  • 41019 battles
  • 1,680
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    03-19-2013

View Postrompan1, on Sep 29 2017 - 01:22, said:

 

It's linear and exponential, the bar is pushed farther and the effort multiplied.

 

 

Hate to be that guy, but equations can not be both linear and exponential. And the WOT crew skill equation is neither.

 

XP for next_SkillLevel%+1 = 2Y × 25 × 100(current_SkillLevel%/100)
where "Y" is equal to:
1 in the case of the Training Level of the Major Qualification
2 in the case of the Training Level of the 1st Skill or Perk
3 in the case of the Training Level of the 2nd Skill or Perk
4 in the case of the Training Level of the 3rd Skill or Perk


8_Hussars #8 Posted Sep 29 2017 - 05:39

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 45056 battles
  • 209
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013

Edited by 8_Hussars, Sep 29 2017 - 05:40.


Hurk #9 Posted Sep 29 2017 - 17:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 46967 battles
  • 14,390
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

its done this way so that when you select a SKILL it gets to a fairly useful level quickly (above 60%) then slowly fills up to 100% from there. 

that way you start getting value from the SKILL very quickly. 

 

once you get 100%, you can retrain your SKILL to a PERK which requires 100%. then start over on the SKILL. each time you do this, WG gets 200 gold. hence, why its that way. 



I_QQ_4_U #10 Posted Sep 29 2017 - 17:06

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14632 battles
  • 1,903
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016

View Postwhisperinghill, on Sep 29 2017 - 00:20, said:

wot.pngWhen you first start you're first skill you get improvement fairly rapidl, but the closer you get to 100% the more battles and experience it takes to get a another 1%.

I have a tank with crewmembers working on their 5th skill, yes 5, to get the next 1% it states I have to get 53,503 xp or approximately 143 battles.

 

First, when I started that skill, it wasn't 53,000 xp to get the 1st 1% but it goes exponentially up and the more skills you already have the worst it gets.

see screen print

Can you explain the logic?

 

Thanks for an awesome game

 

 

It's called exponential growth, most games that have a levelling system have it. It allows you to quickly get most of the benefit of the skill.

WeSayNotToday #11 Posted Sep 29 2017 - 18:27

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12921 battles
  • 186
  • Member since:
    04-08-2015

View PostButtknuckle, on Sep 29 2017 - 04:36, said:

 

 

Hate to be that guy, but equations can not be both linear and exponential. And the WOT crew skill equation is neither.

 

XP for next_SkillLevel%+1 = 2Y × 25 × 100(current_SkillLevel%/100)
where "Y" is equal to:
1 in the case of the Training Level of the Major Qualification
2 in the case of the Training Level of the 1st Skill or Perk
3 in the case of the Training Level of the 2nd Skill or Perk
4 in the case of the Training Level of the 3rd Skill or Perk

 

OK, both linear and exponential can be used to describe the experience graphs.

 

The relationship between experience needed to rise from 0% to 100% in the second skill is twice that of the experience to gain a skill point from 0% to 100% in the first skill.  There is a linear relationship, although a very simple one. 

 

[exp needed to fill a skill] = 2 * [exp needed to fill previous skill] ; where both skills start at Zero.

 

Also, the equation is exponential because it has 2 exponents in it and the curve exhibits exponential growth tendencies in its "half-a-parabola" parabolic shape.

 

Other explanations welcome.

 

 



cnumartyr #12 Posted Sep 29 2017 - 18:31

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10572 battles
  • 1,320
  • [REL2] REL2
  • Member since:
    08-18-2013
They should cap it a 3 or 4.  Rework skills to give loaders and radio operators better options.  Make players actually make interesting choices instead of eventually (albeit a long while) having everything.

Buttknuckle #13 Posted Sep 30 2017 - 00:55

    Captain

  • Players
  • 41019 battles
  • 1,680
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    03-19-2013

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Sep 29 2017 - 17:27, said:

 

OK, both linear and exponential can be used to describe the experience graphs.

 

The relationship between experience needed to rise from 0% to 100% in the second skill is twice that of the experience to gain a skill point from 0% to 100% in the first skill.  There is a linear relationship, although a very simple one. 

 

[exp needed to fill a skill] = 2 * [exp needed to fill previous skill] ; where both skills start at Zero.

 

Also, the equation is exponential because it has 2 exponents in it and the curve exhibits exponential growth tendencies in its "half-a-parabola" parabolic shape.

 

Other explanations welcome.

 

 

 

I hadnt looked at it like that and stand corrected.  Thanks for the schooling.





Also tagged with skills, perks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users