Changing emblems and camo patterns

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

FrozenKemp #21 Posted Oct 03 2017 - 01:12

Major

• Players
  • 45180 battles

Right, thanks for the reminder, Avalon.

And... this works!  And... they DID make an icon for 11th Armoured.  Why haven't they given it out in a contest or put it on a British premium or anything!???!!!?!?

I copied the emblem out of its usual place and put it in res_mods to substitute for the red triangle icon they gave out earlier.  So here's my AT-15A of the 11th Armoured. :)  

carbornium #22 Posted Jan 24 2018 - 11:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 28982 battles

You move into the skinning itself. Instead of playing around with the colour values its better to paint on the skins and change them. 

When the new maps come out and tanks can get wet and dry over time I guess they use the values that you just have changed to control the weathering.

There aren't many skinner left due to the amount of time that it takes but there are good pages to download free skins.

For historical accurate look here German fan page and great skins and remodel: http://93.190.92.81/...ory/2-britisch/

If you like to get into skinning. I have a workshop on youtube:  https://www.youtube....h?v=IHnwcG-fiy8

nothing special just gets you going. 

Good Luck

FrozenKemp #23 Posted Jan 24 2018 - 13:36

Major

• Players
  • 45180 battles

Um... yes, I could get into skinning, but it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.  Even with the change in data formats in the last patch I was able to successfully hex-edit the appropriate file to change the colours.  It then applies to EVERY SINGLE British tank in my garage, while continuing to show winter/summer/desert camo depending on the map you're on.  I assume, anyway, that you can't make season-dependent skins.

It would be neat to actually create a correct skin for the "Caunter" camouflage scheme on some tanks because it was more complicated than some diagonal stripes. But fundamentally I'm saying, for what I was trying to do, you are wrong. 

Edited by FrozenKemp, Jan 24 2018 - 13:36.

TheFalkonett #24 Posted Jan 24 2018 - 14:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostFrozenKemp, on Jan 24 2018 - 13:36, said:

I assume, anyway, that you can't make season-dependent skins.

Well you can. But only if you use the UML and learn how to do it.

I originally used that feature for the camonet on my Dicker Max.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users