• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

zuquizu #21 Posted Sep 29 2017 - 20:10

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11378 battles
  • [AZTKZ] AZTKZ

View PostDemonic_Angel_of_Death, on Sep 29 2017 - 17:22, said:

- Boosted into a boosting spot (Mountain Goating, etc.)

I doubt you did the first two, you probably got into a boosting position without knowing that boosting is against the rules now and can be reported as abuse of physics... 

im curious about this boost and boosting terms, i didnt know that mountain goating is now against the rules, where i can find that rules?, boosting and mountain goating its not the same?

nuclearguy931 #22 Posted Sep 29 2017 - 20:44

Major

• Players
  • 69491 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostSilverEaglewing, on Sep 29 2017 - 11:28, said:

If its him boosting, then thats [edited], if wargaming want to limit where you go they should block it off, its not the players problem that they do what they can.

If you need someone to boost you into a position that you couldn't get into on your own then by definition you are abusing the physics.

You are gaining an unfair advantage in the game with the help/aid of others. 

Nunya_000 #23 Posted Sep 29 2017 - 21:47

Major

• Players
  • 20683 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostDemonic_Angel_of_Death, on Sep 29 2017 - 08:22, said:

I doubt you did the first two, you probably got into a boosting position without knowing that boosting is against the rules now and can be reported as abuse of physics... 

Wait...when did WG say mountain goating was illegal?   I know they are closing off some areas, but the "unofficial" stance has always been that if you can get to a spot, it was legal.

got a link?

heavymetal1967 #24 Posted Sep 30 2017 - 03:00

Major

• Players
  • 59435 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Sep 29 2017 - 16:47, said:

Wait...when did WG say mountain goating was illegal?   I know they are closing off some areas, but the "unofficial" stance has always been that if you can get to a spot, it was legal.

got a link?

What was said, according to Demonic Angel (thx and plus one) was that boosting is illegal, not mountain goating per se which to be honest in the rest of her/his context makes sense.  See the reply 3 or 4 posts above yours, because it seems they're considering it an exploit if you have help by being boosted.

I'll see if I can find an official reference and if so I'll post it in this thread. 

KratorofCondor #25 Posted Sep 30 2017 - 03:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6204 battles
Glad to see this. Good Job WG for once.

Edited by KratorofCondor, Sep 30 2017 - 03:43.

Nunya_000 #26 Posted Sep 30 2017 - 05:35

Major

• Players
  • 20683 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postheavymetal1967, on Sep 29 2017 - 18:00, said:

What was said, according to Demonic Angel (thx and plus one) was that boosting is illegal, not mountain goating per se which to be honest in the rest of her/his context makes sense.  See the reply 3 or 4 posts above yours, because it seems they're considering it an exploit if you have help by being boosted.

I'll see if I can find an official reference and if so I'll post it in this thread. 

If it has to be searched for, then it isn't well know....and it is certainly is a new development.  So new that I really doubt they would be issuing bans or even warnings for it at this point.

Mokara #27 Posted Oct 03 2017 - 16:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 27898 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Sep 29 2017 - 20:47, said:

got a link?

​Areas marked as black on the minimap are considered outside of the play area (which is why they are black), but are there in game for atmosphere. You are not supposed to be in those areas, they have not been designed with balance in mind, and especially because they are not readily available to most tanks, meaning that if you got into them you could potentially be in a position where you could shoot at the enemy with relative impunity and thus gain an unfair advantage that was not intended. If you somehow get into those areas you are guilty of physics abuse and are basically cheating. Just because you can get to those areas does not mean that you are not cheating.

If they are handing out bans to these people I think that is awesome!

Personally I think WG should just introduce the drowning mechanism to those areas, basically treat them as though they were water, that will stop the cheaters pretty quick.

Mokara #28 Posted Oct 03 2017 - 16:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 27898 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Sep 30 2017 - 04:35, said:

If it has to be searched for, then it isn't well know....and it is certainly is a new development.  So new that I really doubt they would be issuing bans or even warnings for it at this point.

​It should be obvious dude....the legitimate play areas are clearly marked on the minimap. The whole point of the black markings was to show areas that were not accessible, which means that players are not intended to be there.

Nunya_000 #29 Posted Oct 03 2017 - 21:56

Major

• Players
  • 20683 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostMokara, on Oct 03 2017 - 07:41, said:

​It should be obvious dude....the legitimate play areas are clearly marked on the minimap. The whole point of the black markings was to show areas that were not accessible, which means that players are not intended to be there.

That is completely YOUR interpretation.  WG "unofficial" stance so far has been that as long as you are inside of the map square, everything is good.  I have not heard any official or unofficial response changing that stance and no one has provided one (including Heavymetal...so I assume he did not find any).  WG has never stated "players are not intended to be there".  Just as you have made an assumption that we are not intended to be there, others have made the assumption that if WG wanted us to not be there, they could easily block them...which they can. 

This is why I do not think any ban has been issued for mountain goating...even with a boost.  Normally, WG provides notification that they intend to punish players for certain actions.  Based on WG past lack of pursuing bans, I seriously doubt they would ban players for something they have not stated is not allowed. 

Until WG states we are not suppose to be in those areas...and/or blocks them off, players WILL mountain goat.  Whether YOU think it is cheating or not...or if it was intended or not, is irrelevant.

rich73 #30 Posted Oct 03 2017 - 22:15

Major

• Players
  • 43355 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Oct 03 2017 - 12:56, said:

That is completely YOUR interpretation.  WG "unofficial" stance so far has been that as long as you are inside of the map square, everything is good.  I have not heard any official or unofficial response changing that stance and no one has provided one (including Heavymetal...so I assume he did not find any).  WG has never stated "players are not intended to be there".  Just as you have made an assumption that we are not intended to be there, others have made the assumption that if WG wanted us to not be there, they could easily block them...which they can. 

This is why I do not think any ban has been issued for mountain goating...even with a boost.  Normally, WG provides notification that they intend to punish players for certain actions.  Based on WG past lack of pursuing bans, I seriously doubt they would ban players for something they have not stated is not allowed. 

Until WG states we are not suppose to be in those areas...and/or blocks them off, players WILL mountain goat.  Whether YOU think it is cheating or not...or if it was intended or not, is irrelevant.

You being in the square is the responsibility of W G.Everywhere accessible is fair play.If W G cant make boundaries,they should get out of the gaming business.

Nunya_000 #31 Posted Oct 03 2017 - 22:30

Major

• Players
  • 20683 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postrich73, on Oct 03 2017 - 13:15, said:

You being in the square is the responsibility of W G.Everywhere accessible is fair play.If W G cant make boundaries,they should get out of the gaming business.

They did make a boundary....the red square.

Whether something is "fair" or "balanced" is completely subjective.  While I do not mountain goat (I would rather blow stuff up) I think it is completely "fair" if someone has the initiative to waste their time to climb somewhere where people least expect them...that is the nature of battles.  If someone wants perfectly "fair" and "balanced", then all maps should be flat with no terrain or obstacles and there is only one tank design.  Maybe something like this would be more what they are looking for:

Mokara #32 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 18:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 27898 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Oct 03 2017 - 20:56, said:

​It is not my interpretation, it is WG's interpretation. That is why they marked those areas on the minimap as black, because they were inaccessible for play. That was the stated reason for why those areas on the map were so marked, when they revamped the minimaps. The fact that some people in some tanks are able to exploit abnormalities in map design and the physics engine to access those spaces does not make play in those areas "intended". The black markings on the minimap make the dev's intent pretty clear. To argue against that is basically just making excuses for cheating.

Pretending that it isn't so because WG does not tell people weekly that they are not supposed to be there is just juvenile. You should not need to be told that it is cheating, it is obvious.

Why do you think they marked those areas in black on the minimap then? Just for the hell of it? FFS.

Edited by Mokara, Oct 11 2017 - 19:02.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users