• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

CabbageMechanic #1 Posted Sep 29 2017 - 19:45

Senior Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 8426 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hello Tankers,

Welcome to the newest section of the forums - Wargaming Community Feedback Requests.  The purpose of this space is to give Tankers a direct way to give their high quality feedback about current and future World of Tanks development news and notes.  It will consist of threads posted exclusively by staff on issues that are of present focus to the development team.

With this power comes some responsibility. 

1. We ask that you take your time and deliver well-reasoned and explained responses - the better you state your opinions the more likely they will be to have impact.  
2. We do not expect perfect spelling and grammar, but please make an effort to format your post to make it as clear and legible as possible.

3. Debate and discussion are welcome - ad hominem attacks and insults of any kind are not.  If you disagree with another poster's opinion, do so politely and constructively.

4. Please take care to remain on topic - every single post should relate directly to something in the OP (Original Post).
5. Posts deemed off-topic or non-constructive will be removed, and repeated offenses will lead to warning points.  The standards for this forum are high - do not click submit on a post here unless you are confident that it does not violate the letter or spirit of these rules.

If you prefer to give feedback in a more relaxed environment or on a topic not currently being discussed here, the Feedback and Suggestions Forum is still here.

Edited by CabbageMechanic, Oct 03 2017 - 01:44.

Galaxy_Canon #2 Posted Nov 09 2017 - 10:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32684 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
Okay, here's a community request for you, buff the m60 already. What is wrong with you all? Ctl+C and Ctl+V too hard? We worked hard for that thing, now it's the worst victim of powercreep in the game. It's not hard to fix, so do it. Put in a copy paste order with the devs or whatever, how hard can it be? 

GeorgePreddy #3 Posted Nov 09 2017 - 15:34

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
.... aaaand the very first reply is rude

BigTomka #4 Posted Nov 09 2017 - 21:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 56490 battles

so whats WCFR ?

Son_of_the_South #5 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 02:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14657 battles
  • [PJ] PJ

I politely request:

1. Artillery toggle, allowing one to play with artillery or without it. This is perhaps the singly most hated part of this game. I have seen more posts requesting its removal than any other feedback left on the boards.

2. Skill based MM - A tier approach system based on whatever logic the smart people at WG can come up with. Most games can easily be forecast as loss or win, based on the skill base of the aggregate chosen to be on a team. Contrary to the posts of a few people on the forum decrying that it is fair, it really isn't. It makes one want to suicide out as soon as you see the team you are assembled with. I say this from the position of not wanting a team of reds. I can carry my weight but I am unable to carry a team.

Son_of_the_South #6 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 02:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14657 battles
  • [PJ] PJ

View PostT__J, on Nov 09 2017 - 15:41, said:

so whats WCFR ?

Wargaming Community Feedback Requests.

_Tsavo_ #7 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 02:52

Major

• Players
  • 42389 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

There's a few things, mostly about the new player experience and helping new players come to terms with this game and help reduce their frustration.

My opinions on the tutorial and what can be improved:

The following is my summary of I think could be refined or added to help the new players (and those who aren't good at the game who can use some tips) from a post I made earlier this year here:  http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

Pardon that it is written in a summary conclusion format, but I believe I've brought up some important points and things that could be improved upon.

Spoiler

I would also try to be more proactive with handling bans and illegal mods.  There's an infamous bot, sticky-grass-color-zero, not his actual name but close enough, who was notorious for botting.  What did you guys do?  You gave him two account wipes before doing away with him for good.  Other games have a zero tolerance for that, but that set a precedent that it's OK to break the rules, you'll just be slapped on the wrist.  The recent streamer who blatantly purchases accounts and streamed illegal mods got banned by Twitch before you guys took action.  That didn't anything to help bolster trust.  I'm not saying you guys have to be a totalitarian regime, but enforcement of your rules and more transparency would go a long way.  Be clear about it, start posting the account names of those you permaban.  Show us you have some teeth.

Okay, enough with that, I don't want to seem all negative.  I love this game and have had hundreds, probably thousands of hours of enjoyment from it and I want to see more people having fun here.

I'll add some positive stuff in a little bit...

Find more MeatheadMilitias.  Dude's a good feller and his willingness to interact with the community and have some fun with it would do well to be replicated with the rest of the staff.  Have fun, engage us.

Edited by _Tsavo, Jan 13 2018 - 03:02.

Horst_von_Usedom #8 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 03:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 53852 battles
  • [PZRGD] PZRGD
Why are you people so frightened by criticism?  Who is paying the bills here, you or the customer? If a customer makes a negative remark about some decision made by Wargaming then you should take note and engage that customer, they may have something that could help you, or is it that you really don't care what customer's think? Your rules and actions indicate that you are not interested in customer satisfaction, but only complicity in or approval of in your decisions.

HyperionKing #9 Posted Feb 22 2018 - 17:57

Private

• -Players-
  • 1799 battles
  • [MUG-T] MUG-T

EITHER FIX THE UNNECESSARY  USE OF PREMIUM ROUNDS IN LOWER TIERS, OR I'M QUITTING YOUR STUPID GAME.   SO TIRED OF GETTING KILLED BY IDIOTS TWO TIERS HIGHER SPAMMING GOLD AT ME IN EVERY GAME!  PISSED OFF, YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT!!!!! 

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

Edited by Volier_Zcit, Feb 23 2018 - 07:28.

G3nst3r #10 Posted Feb 22 2018 - 18:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14285 battles
  • [SCRP1] SCRP1

View PostHyperionKing, on Feb 22 2018 - 11:57, said:

EITHER FIX THE UNNECESSARY  USE OF PREMIUM ROUNDS IN LOWER TIERS, OR I'M QUITTING YOUR STUPID GAME.   SO TIRED OF GETTING KILLED BY IDIOTS TWO TIERS HIGHER SPAMMING GOLD AT ME IN EVERY GAME!  PISSED OFF, YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT!!!!! 

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

While I agree that it is a big turn off for newer players; I can only say "If you can't beat them, Join them".....it will always happen.  

Edited by Volier_Zcit, Feb 23 2018 - 07:28.

Duke_Nuke_Em_Cammando #11 Posted Feb 22 2018 - 19:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 7206 battles
  • [BOTZ] BOTZ
why is the defender not in prem shop

G3nst3r #12 Posted Feb 22 2018 - 22:50

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14285 battles
  • [SCRP1] SCRP1

View PostDuke_Nuke_Em_Cammando, on Feb 22 2018 - 13:06, said:

why is the defender not in prem shop

They screwed the pooch on published date, silently changed it to tomorrow..:izmena:

shinglefoot #13 Posted Feb 23 2018 - 01:27

Major

• Players
  • 23094 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View PostT__J, on Nov 09 2017 - 16:41, said:

so whats WCFR ?

A waste of time.

MisterLeeD #14 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 01:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 58276 battles
  • [REJEX] REJEX
So this event has come and gone??

Grampy #15 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 01:35

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 23424 battles
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO

I would request a modification to what happens when you are in a platoon and you are the first one to get blowed up: currently when you subsequently right click you get taken to some other member of your team, but never a platoon mate. Continual clicking of the right mouse key takes you to your platoon mates last. This is not good, it is annoying. Make the platoon mate the default first result of a right click in this situation. Along with this, any other clicking of the right mouse key will eventually (and often) take you back to your own blown up tank. WHY?  What on earth for? Who cares? Eliminate or make your own dead tank the last priority of a right click in this situation. Or not at all. Forget it.

And if WG does not address this, this would be a great mod for one of the modpak writers to address.

Thank you.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #16 Posted Mar 24 2018 - 02:16

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

So Paris has been redone, now I LOVE the new graphics, I do, BUT.......Paris was bad enough BEFORE, but is now even worse.  There is a crane that protects the north's TD side from all but ONE bush from the south.  Where is Arty going to aim? THAT ONE BUSH. Where is anyone playing the norths' bushline going to aim from the north side? THAT ONE BUSH.  This IS NOT BALANCED.  This patch did well for balancing, but this is ridic.....north side TD is protected from all but ONE bush from the south.  

I can't help but notice in 2 days of playing.....I've only played the south spawn on this map, one good light tank bush.  Great "balance".   North side all bush line is usable as their crane is not in the way.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #17 Posted Mar 24 2018 - 02:19

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

Sell the arty players a tier 8 premium arty or 5.  The higher tiers often don't have many because they are more expensive to play.

More arty, more fun, less predictability.

lazerdozer #18 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 02:04

Private

• Players
  • 20873 battles
pls allow me to play pubs without arty

ImaKillYou #19 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 09:33

Captain

• Players
  • 26984 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT
Please post a notification on the main website page that arty will never be removed so the arty whiners will move on to whining about something else.

Cognitive_Dissonance #20 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 13:27

Major

• Players
  • 40112 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

Suggestion for arty, no not removal or nerf per se'

Just like with the Swedish TD's, please implement a "setup and tear down" timer that mimics the deployment of a recoil spade. I think this will go a long way to adding an element to arty play that will force arty players to choose positioning and relocation more carefully, instead of just sitting at cap.

It will also reduce to some degree the phenomenon of artillery being able to run around in semi TD mode, and randomly derp folks trying to hunt them down.

I think artillery should stay in the game, but the mechanics are so simplified that there isn't much depth to using the class, like other classes that have to master with terrain following, flanking, armor angling, vision and camo mechanics.

I believe this extra dimension will make arty more rewarding, and less frustrating for those who must contend with it. Honestly, if this mechanic was added, I would play arty more, as I would be forced to think further ahead in order to support my team.

Thanks,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users