70 replies to this topic

Hillbilly58 #61 Posted Aug 02 2018 - 14:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43067 battles
  • [INSNE] INSNE

View PostCognitive_Dissonance, on Apr 05 2018 - 12:27, said:

Suggestion for arty, no not removal or nerf per se'

Just like with the Swedish TD's, please implement a "setup and tear down" timer that mimics the deployment of a recoil spade. I think this will go a long way to adding an element to arty play that will force arty players to choose positioning and relocation more carefully, instead of just sitting at cap.

It will also reduce to some degree the phenomenon of artillery being able to run around in semi TD mode, and randomly derp folks trying to hunt them down.

I think artillery should stay in the game, but the mechanics are so simplified that there isn't much depth to using the class, like other classes that have to master with terrain following, flanking, armor angling, vision and camo mechanics.

I believe this extra dimension will make arty more rewarding, and less frustrating for those who must contend with it. Honestly, if this mechanic was added, I would play arty more, as I would be forced to think further ahead in order to support my team.

Thanks,

I would add that when arty gets a direct hit on target the the whole crew is dead and no 1st aid kit will help. A 155 round hitting anything destroys it no repair, its done. Thanks  

Gunadie #62 Posted Aug 02 2018 - 17:11

Major

• Players
  • 41072 battles

View PostGunadie, on Jun 22 2018 - 07:00, said:

And the very next reply to that is in violation to EULA rule 3.2

3.2 Hard-to-Read Posts

While posting on these forums users are to be reasonable with font size and color. Stick to default font size and try to avoid use of text colors different from black. The administration reserves the right to modify inappropriate posts and give warnings to their authors.

It really make me wonder why the Admins are ignoring to enforce their own rules!

Maybe because we have a planted Shill in our midst perhaps?

Mojo_Riesing #63 Posted Aug 03 2018 - 00:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17840 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Sep 29 2017 - 10:45, said:

Hello Tankers,

Welcome to the newest section of the forums - Wargaming Community Feedback Requests.  The purpose of this space is to give Tankers a direct way to give their high quality feedback about current and future World of Tanks development news and notes.  It will consist of threads posted exclusively by staff on issues that are of present focus to the development team.

With this power comes some responsibility. 

1. We ask that you take your time and deliver well-reasoned and explained responses - the better you state your opinions the more likely they will be to have impact.  
2. We do not expect perfect spelling and grammar, but please make an effort to format your post to make it as clear and legible as possible.

3. Debate and discussion are welcome - ad hominem attacks and insults of any kind are not.  If you disagree with another poster's opinion, do so politely and constructively.

4. Please take care to remain on topic - every single post should relate directly to something in the OP (Original Post).
5. Posts deemed off-topic or non-constructive will be removed, and repeated offenses will lead to warning points.  The standards for this forum are high - do not click submit on a post here unless you are confident that it does not violate the letter or spirit of these rules.

If you prefer to give feedback in a more relaxed environment or on a topic not currently being discussed here, the Feedback and Suggestions Forum is still here.

Cabbage, i have to give you credit for trying to do a good thing.  I saw this and thought..hmm, this could be good....but sadly most of the posts are NOT what you are asking for.  Anyone reading this now should go back to page 1 and read Tsavo's post...this is what i think Cabbage had in mind here.

Cabbage, my suggestion to you is...wield the power of Moderator that you have been given.  Delete all posts not in the spirit of what you have asked. Just...make them go away, there is little new, or useful in most of them.  You were clear in your directions.  Oh, i'm sure there will be whining and complaints of censorship and all that BS but..hey, they do that anyway don't they?  No matter what is done in this world...there are always those folks who pick it apart. 

Use your Moderator power to keep this as at least ONE mature and on topic section of the Forums.

And...kudos to Tsavo, Cognitive Dissonance and the few others who posted intelligently.

Edited by Mojo_Riesing, Aug 03 2018 - 00:03.

anonym_63LlYSJJqodW #64 Posted Aug 21 2018 - 00:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Hey Wargaming!

How about you guys make it fair for New players and give us Noobs a chance. How the hell is it fair for a Player with less than 350 games under his belt to play against Stat padding pile of Crap clans that have 40k+ experience....Not to mention all the Punks that spam Gold round in low tier battles??????

What BS this game is for allowing that!

It's like taking a knife to a gun fight FFS.

This will be a short lived game for me!

Useless Game!

Phil926 #65 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 07:02

Private

• -Players-
  • 5273 battles
  • [A-D] A-D

Here's my suggestion:

I think one of two things would be good:

1.  After someone dies in battle they are no longer allowed in chat or to ping map etc 

or

2.  Allow us to only turn off chat to those who died in battle.

Reasoning:

The most toxic players are the ones who think they are better than they are because they're yellow on XVM, go out and do something stupid and get killed, and then start trash talking the other players and/or pinging the living crap out of the map.  The reality is though, there is no reason that someone dead needs to be able to chat.  They are not in game so they are not gathering any "intel" (such as, hey I'm arty and just saw a tree go down at B7, beware someone is in that area) .... they only reason for someone to chat is the occasional cheering someone on (which is good) but most often is the person crying and whining about other players.  

I know the option to turn chat off entirely is there, but there can be good things in chat too ... especially from live players trying to communicate.  So why not a happy medium of being either dead tanks' in-game chat being disabled entirely or the ability to disable just dead tank chat.

The_Iron_Bullet #66 Posted Sep 06 2018 - 13:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16521 battles
  • [ARKAM] ARKAM

View PostPhil926, on Sep 02 2018 - 01:02, said:

Here's my suggestion:

I think one of two things would be good:

1.  After someone dies in battle they are no longer allowed in chat or to ping map etc 

or

2.  Allow us to only turn off chat to those who died in battle.

Reasoning:

The most toxic players are the ones who think they are better than they are because they're yellow on XVM, go out and do something stupid and get killed, and then start trash talking the other players and/or pinging the living crap out of the map.  The reality is though, there is no reason that someone dead needs to be able to chat.  They are not in game so they are not gathering any "intel" (such as, hey I'm arty and just saw a tree go down at B7, beware someone is in that area) .... they only reason for someone to chat is the occasional cheering someone on (which is good) but most often is the person crying and whining about other players.  

I know the option to turn chat off entirely is there, but there can be good things in chat too ... especially from live players trying to communicate.  So why not a happy medium of being either dead tanks' in-game chat being disabled entirely or the ability to disable just dead tank chat.

You can block peoples pings and chat. while in a battle if you right click someones name a list will pop-up, on that list is a block feature.

Phil926 #67 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 04:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 5273 battles
  • [A-D] A-D
Fair enough and fine and dandy and good to know .... but I do still stand by there's no reason someone needs to even be able to chat after dying.  

PNR #68 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 18:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11232 battles

View PostThe_Iron_Bullet, on Sep 06 2018 - 07:36, said:

You can block peoples pings and chat. while in a battle if you right click someones name a list will pop-up, on that list is a block feature.

That's too much movement of rightclicks, and it can happen to you every single game for all you know. I agree with Phil.  It is an unnecessary/overlooked flaw.

PNR #69 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 19:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11232 battles
Also, please change the quick-order button (Z) to include "Cover Me" instead of SOS.  It is a more versatile command.

PNR #70 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 21:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11232 battles

We would like for you to fix the problem's some people have been having with spotting please.

For those who do not understand the replays on wotreplays.com, your WOT application must be closed in order to open the downloaded replay.

You are welcome to view my uploaded replay of this match.  You know where.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4537269#live_oaks-pnr-t-34-85m

Here is the Edit, a second screenshot.

http://wotreplays.eu...ks-pnr-t-34-85mNevermind, I DID figure it out in the replay in Free-Camera Mode.

Turns out, it is completely normal.  Thanks for the T34-85-M!

Still, the replay is rediculous.

Edited by PNR, Sep 13 2018 - 21:33.

Badabingg #71 Posted Sep 20 2018 - 23:01

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6895 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

1) Resource lists of     Community Contributors,     Streamers,      Tutorials

2) Training rooms for solo use, map training

3) Return PvE  for training, allow at higher skills level not just Tier2 . PvE  with the 3 player non bots had deteriorated , when it was used as a run and gun by one of the users who would snag all the target bots from the noobs, and then, given the slow load-in wait time  make the PvE an aversive exercise.

? If it is costly to WG, charge for training games/rooms (I pay to train crews don't I! I'ld pay to train ME ! )

4) Training rooms for advanced gunnery skills (?eg shooting gallery)

5) Keep WoT WIKI up to date!!!!

6) Decent ingame COMM system

7) Missions that use platooning to train noobs. Current system is poor see item 6).  Use platooning to Reward mentoring.

8) Ban in game XVM. Replace with optional ratings display, maybe. Seriously discus who and how it impacts the game among yourselves.  For many it is a very toxic influence.

9) Toggle slide for Fast Match Makeup vs Skill Based Makeup 

10) Again if cost is an issue charge us .if you can charge for boosters, you can charge us for options that help to train. Make Premium  Accts act like a resource.

11) Work harder to detoxify chat .   If you can animate grass that  one should be easy.

12) Do more threads like these

13) More forum moderating

14) Think about the different goals the players have and engage with more responsive models that are more inclusive of varying types of player.

DEFLATE THE ISSUE OVER LACK OF TRAINING

15) Develop mentoring programs

Thanks for listening

Edited by Badabingg, Sep 20 2018 - 23:04.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users