- - - - -

WCFR Rules *READ BEFORE POSTING*

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Lethalhavoc #21 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 19:41

Major

• Players
  • 38720 battles

Well, i think i'll touch on one of the more popular (and reasonable) requests seen on the forums, that being, the option of hiding your stats.

1) WG insists on a no name or shame policy, but allowing everyone to see anyone else's stats promotes stat shaming.

While we understand that WoT is a competitive game and comparing your stats with others can encourage the competitive spirit. 

But, more often than not, it leads to warnings and strikes.

2) The XVM mod mines the WoT player data to display a persons skill rating in battle, this leads to a number of negative things like XVM sniping, players abandoning the battle due to a low win probability,

unbalanced MM complaints and a host of others.

So, giving the players the default option to hide their stats, or allow them to be displayed publicly via the settings tab would be a benefit to the community.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, Apr 05 2018 - 19:47.

nicktheboss48 #22 Posted Apr 08 2018 - 04:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 20566 battles
Here is a interesting one could you guys increase the income of the reward tanks like t55a, t28 htc so on i mean look how hard it is to gain each tank so whats the point when you cant even play them because you are low on money if they got an income like regular prem tanks then it would feel more like a reward then just another tier 9 or tier 7 tank i mean i feel others would agree with this

nicktheboss48 #23 Posted Apr 08 2018 - 04:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 20566 battles

View PostG3nst3r, on Feb 22 2018 - 17:25, said:

While I agree that it is a big turn off for newer players; I can only say "If you can't beat them, Join them".....it will always happen.  

but what if you dont have the money to join them if you are a new player how would you even have money to shot gold back?

rh00p #24 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 00:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15505 battles

Your game sucks more than ever. The problem was not the maps, but rather the game play. 

Buh Bye.

Posted Image

Edited by rh00p, Apr 09 2018 - 00:34.

deadizdead #25 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 03:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36880 battles

Dude left so fast...he started his own thread about it too...

:sceptic:

View Postrh00p, on Apr 08 2018 - 18:34, said:

Your game sucks more than ever. The problem was not the maps, but rather the game play. 

Buh Bye.

Posted Image

Hellsfog #26 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 05:01

Major

• Players
  • 33141 battles
  • [_SF_] _SF_

View PostHyperionKing, on Feb 22 2018 - 11:57, said:

EITHER FIX THE UNNECESSARY  USE OF PREMIUM ROUNDS IN LOWER TIERS, OR I'M QUITTING YOUR STUPID GAME.   SO TIRED OF GETTING KILLED BY IDIOTS TWO TIERS HIGHER SPAMMING GOLD AT ME IN EVERY GAME!  PISSED OFF, YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT!!!!! 

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

1500 games in five and half years. Nobody will notice if you quit or stopped playing on what looks like an alt account and if the other player could pen you anyway, what does it matter if he used a gold round. 

View Postnicktheboss48, on Apr 07 2018 - 22:19, said:

but what if you dont have the money to join them if you are a new player how would you even have money to shot gold back?

The same can be said for many aspects of the game for new players.  What if you don't have the money to buy equipment, consumables, modules, retrain crews properly or the next tank.  Gold rounds is really the last thing to worry about with new players. 

In addition to a tutorial that teaches players about crew retraining, consumables, crew perks, etc, I'd like to see WG give new accounts:

1. One or two commanders with 6th sense as a free first skill like the Loza Sherman WG recently sold. 

2. Eliminate crew retraining costs below tier 4 for tech tree tanks.  WG gives new accounts 100% crews on the tier 1 which turns into a [edited]crew in ten battles when the player moves to tier 2.  Let new accounts enjoy 100% crews a little longer while they learn the game. This can go away once they purchase their first tier 4 or with a certain number of battles.

3. Some free consumables. Five or ten manual fire extinguishers and repair kits.

4. The first time a player unlocks a tier 3 tank, give them a rammer or vents or both.  They don't cost a lot of silver but to a new player trying to get the next tank, 50K makes a difference. 

MackBoerBoel #27 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 15:29

Private

• -Players-
  • 6036 battles
How can I start a new topic ? 

MackBoerBoel #28 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 15:30

Private

• -Players-
  • 6036 battles
How can I ask a question if I am not allowed to make a post?

PNR #29 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 12:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10489 battles
  • [SIDES] SIDES

Hello.  The replays are saved into a folder for the new 1.0 Mac version.  This folder can be accessed by right-clicking on "World of Tanks 10.8mac"  The replays are saved by Mac as .icns files.  For the North American region, our wotreplay website doesn't permit uploads of this file-type.  I have attempted to change the file-extension using Mac directories & the Terminal.  In both instances, the extension was labeled differently, however I have reason to believe that the file was not actually renamed.  The wotreplay site only recognizes these renamed files as what they were originally 'saved' as    -    .icns

Seeing as there is no legitimate way for me to upload any good games I've taken part in, I have been saving all of them.  Theoretically, it wouldn't be long before I'd run out of storage space.

It seems like you have 3 options here.  You can remove replay-recording capabilities from the game.  You can correct the issue directly with Mac software(s).  You can construct an alternative to wotreplays (such as a separate server).

If wotreplays were able to accept .icns files for public view, that may also work.

On another note, this subject was posted (by me) in other areas of the forum.  I will soon edit this to include the links to those posts, so that they may be removed.

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

http://forum.worldof...8#entry11604718

Edited by PNR, Apr 16 2018 - 12:31.

Prayton007 #30 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 16:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10900 battles
  • [RTL] RTL

with all the problems that WG has made, it does surprises me that you ask us on how to fix it lol.

So lets start from the bottom.  You want new people to play this game but then give players that has been playing for years an advantage in low tiers games, 1-4 tiers,.

MM should be set by battles count, not letting no life players seal club new comers, all that does is have new people uninstall before getting to know the game. In tiers 1-4 keep players with like 500 battles or less together, no seal clubbers aloud. Then again you can do a latter platform for all tiers by choosing this like random, CW, ect,,,.base it on battle, WG rating, ect.  Just make it worth playing by better reward or something in that line.  If the seal clubbers really like to show their skill, you should not have problems with players joining this mode.

any help?

PNR #31 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 19:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10489 battles
  • [SIDES] SIDES

View PostHellsfog, on Apr 08 2018 - 23:01, said:

1500 games in five and half years. Nobody will notice if you quit or stopped playing on what looks like an alt account and if the other player could pen you anyway, what does it matter if he used a gold round. 

The same can be said for many aspects of the game for new players.  What if you don't have the money to buy equipment, consumables, modules, retrain crews properly or the next tank.  Gold rounds is really the last thing to worry about with new players. 

In addition to a tutorial that teaches players about crew retraining, consumables, crew perks, etc, I'd like to see WG give new accounts:

1. One or two commanders with 6th sense as a free first skill like the Loza Sherman WG recently sold. 

2. Eliminate crew retraining costs below tier 4 for tech tree tanks.  WG gives new accounts 100% crews on the tier 1 which turns into a [edited]crew in ten battles when the player moves to tier 2.  Let new accounts enjoy 100% crews a little longer while they learn the game. This can go away once they purchase their first tier 4 or with a certain number of battles.

3. Some free consumables. Five or ten manual fire extinguishers and repair kits.

4. The first time a player unlocks a tier 3 tank, give them a rammer or vents or both.  They don't cost a lot of silver but to a new player trying to get the next tank, 50K makes a difference. 

Those are all poor ideas.  Giving away free skills/modules would only worsen current issues.  The idea of the game is working your way through challenging competitions.  It is not creating more technicalities for people to bicker about.  It would be unfair to those who worked for what they've got.

What I would like to see is a better way to convert FreeXP.  I will not pay $100 to convert my 500K+ XP.  That's just ridiculous.  Why have the XP, if there isn't a legitimate way to convert it?

Have some regular missions (weekly on a calendar) to offer XP conversion up to 25K per mission.  Buy-in to a mission for 100,000 or 250,000 silver.  That way, its still fair to WoT and gamers.

Genarelbetrayus #32 Posted May 02 2018 - 01:07

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18669 battles
I request no arty in city maps and no super heavy's in giant open maps.   I would request more but it's not like you listen from my personal experience on the forums.  But here i go anyway Arty in city maps makes absolutely no sense 90 percent of city maps there are no good spots for arty and really the only time arty would maybe be in a city would be after a victory they would be way outside the city during a battle.   Second super heavy tanks in giant open fields most of your giant open maps in the game are not designed for these tanks to play well main reasons to slow and giant arty targets, all that happens on these maps is arty sees and hits you none stop this wouldn't be so bad if they just one shot me like in the before time, but no they just wreck your crew over and over and over and over and don't shoot at anyone else.  I would have to assume i'm not the first person to suggest this and hopefully not the last if something actually changes I will literately crap my pants.  But not really getting my hopes up in the last 3 months the games and MM also seem to be getting worse and more unbalanced by this i mean 3 super heavy's vs 3 mediums at t10 is not balanced not sure how that worked according to your new team mechanics but this happens far to often and would make me quit if I hadn't spent so much money already on your game, I truly hope no one spends a dime on your game until you fix all these things, but i'm sure you'll just sell the type 59 if that happens.   :coin:

Edited by Genarelbetrayus, May 02 2018 - 01:09.

Genarelbetrayus #33 Posted May 02 2018 - 01:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18669 battles

View PostMackBoerBoel, on Apr 09 2018 - 15:29, said:

How can I start a new topic ? 

just go to 50 different topics and type hi because for some reason they want you to have responded to 50 things before you can.  makes no sense right welcome to WoT.

danziamo #34 Posted May 02 2018 - 05:29

Private

• -Players-
  • 14695 battles

If it possible i have a very small request,

Is it possible to remove or rename nicknames of dead accounts (with 0 battles)

Tried to change nickname (was really difficult because of dead accounts), looks like someone wrote a bot registering accounts with various nicknames

Thank you

Nobel_Wolf #35 Posted May 06 2018 - 06:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16274 battles
  • [LETK] LETK

alright dearest WG ive done a little bit of research at german guns No. 1 the StuG IV's 7.5 cm KwK 40 L/48  its penetration is to low the penetration from its average combat distance is 130 mm of armor. No 2 the Tigers 8.8 cm KwK 43 L/71 is pin point accurate up to 1,100 m (1,200 yd) including the fact that the gun can fire HEAT ( high explosive anti tank ). my point being is the 88 mm L/71 in the game is just another gun. it was fear to all tankers for a reason ,high velocity high accuracy the 88 mm and the StuG's guns need to e buffed. get the fear of a german gun into the game so thier not over looked.   

thx for reading   have a wonderful day gl hf o>

P.S. the APCR (gold rounds) either get rid of them or do the sensible thing and keeps it high pen for lower DMG there should be a trade off. seriously its being spammed like no tomorrow its driving us all nuts, armor doesn't mean a thing anymore PLZ FIX ASAP

Edited by Nobel_Wolf, May 06 2018 - 06:58.

Nobel_Wolf #36 Posted May 06 2018 - 07:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16274 battles
  • [LETK] LETK

View PostG3nst3r, on Feb 22 2018 - 12:25, said:

While I agree that it is a big turn off for newer players; I can only say "If you can't beat them, Join them".....it will always happen.  

that doesnt help anyone in the slightest

Nobel_Wolf #37 Posted May 06 2018 - 07:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16274 battles
  • [LETK] LETK

View Postrh00p, on Apr 08 2018 - 18:34, said:

Buh Bye.

Posted Image

15,000 plus battles i dont think so

sirtaz13 #38 Posted Jun 01 2018 - 07:31

Private

• Players
  • 15886 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Mar 24 2018 - 01:19, said:

Sell the arty players a tier 8 premium arty or 5.  The higher tiers often don't have many because they are more expensive to play.

More arty, more fun, less predictability.

​I toldly agreay with you and the only thing we have going for us I range of rounds

tristan4i #39 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 09:34

Private

• Players
  • 38906 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

Wlc in world of crapyes. 4k actifs players in NA server (for a good reason)

tristan4i #40 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 09:35

Private

• Players
  • 38906 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostNobel_Wolf, on May 06 2018 - 06:03, said:

15,000 plus battles i dont think so

best idea

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users