• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

oldewolfe #1 Posted Oct 01 2017 - 02:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11580 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

Looking for any Advice to the Line...

Running Short on Credits (1.3 Mill), Gold (0), and Free XP (6K) so it really will be a Grind Start to Finish...    Having Played the AT15 and Tortoise on the Test Server I have a Good Idea what they are Like and actually did fairly well I think for so few Games in them...   Never got to Play them in earlier Tests so this was a First Go at them, but I did Enjoy the Deathstar...     Anything before them however, the UC on Blitz I don't Count so I can truly say I got Nothin'...     

I hear it's a Slow Grind and Reserve's should Help that along....    So besides Crew Skills, anything else needing Prioritized....    I am also aware that I believe the AT2 starts the 6 Man Crews from 4 in the Lower Tiers, that may mean a New Crew or 2 Lagging Behind if I get the earlier Crew to 100% before then...

I have Plans to do Both Lines, this and the FV 4005, as that line I am to the Challenger thru the 2nd Medium Line at the Firefly with it Unlocked but not Purchased as yet....     So, a Thanks in Advance for any Help...     

F4U_wingman #2 Posted Oct 01 2017 - 02:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 67857 battles
  • [MUG-W] MUG-W

give WG some money and buy gold and silver .... boxes and boxes of it :coin: WG will love you for it :teethhappy:

or... like a pauper does .. have a garage sell and find something you don't need right away like consumables :D

_Schneller_Heinz_ #3 Posted Oct 01 2017 - 02:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1931 battles

View Postoldewolfe, on Oct 01 2017 - 02:01, said:

Looking for any Advice to the Line...

Running Short on Credits (1.3 Mill), Gold (0), and Free XP (6K) so it really will be a Grind Start to Finish...    Having Played the AT15 and Tortoise on the Test Server I have a Good Idea what they are Like and actually did fairly well I think for so few Games in them...   Never got to Play them in earlier Tests so this was a First Go at them, but I did Enjoy the Deathstar...     Anything before them however, the UC on Blitz I don't Count so I can truly say I got Nothin'...     

I hear it's a Slow Grind and Reserve's should Help that along....    So besides Crew Skills, anything else needing Prioritized....    I am also aware that I believe the AT2 starts the 6 Man Crews from 4 in the Lower Tiers, that may mean a New Crew or 2 Lagging Behind if I get the earlier Crew to 100% before then...

I have Plans to do Both Lines, this and the FV 4005, as that line I am to the Challenger thru the 2nd Medium Line at the Firefly with it Unlocked but not Purchased as yet....     So, a Thanks in Advance for any Help...     

The 183 will not be removed on the upcoming patch 9.20.1.

I will be replaced on 9.20.2.

You should have plenty of time to grind it out by then. Smile_blinky.gif

BaconMeLoveIt #4 Posted Oct 01 2017 - 02:38

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12796 battles
  • [-STN-] -STN-

Focus on playing only a premium tank that prints credits plus the tank required for the FV215b 183 grind.

That was what I did on my FV215b grind; managed to rack up credits for the Tier-X tank purchase.

Edited by BaconMeLoveIt, Oct 01 2017 - 02:38.

_Brew_ #5 Posted Oct 01 2017 - 13:36

Captain

• Players
  • 17688 battles
Only advice I have is don't go insane on the AT-8 and AT-7, they are horrible.  I made it through the AT-2 and am about to free xp past these two awful tanks to get to the AT-15.  At least it is a decent sniper and much easier to grind.

zed2204 #6 Posted Oct 01 2017 - 14:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 36239 battles
  • [LIO] LIO

Just coming aou from the FV215b grind I find the DeathStar line ( although still tedious ) to be faster and less expensive to do, you can't really make the Credits outside premium tanks ( too bad that event that gives you consumables ends, I sold them and made 7+ mill although I was playing a line I suck at ) but XP costs and credit loss on the AT line is considerably lower
If I was going to do it now I would go hour grinding with XP+Crew XP+Free XP reserves followed by an hour of my best money cow with Credits+Free XP reserves

On that note why are TDs not compatible with the other classes when it comes to guns, they are the same ( especially the British lines ) but you have to research them again for some reason although you already did for the MED or HT line

Edited by zed2204, Oct 01 2017 - 14:27.

oldewolfe #7 Posted Oct 01 2017 - 17:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11580 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

To Complicate things I imagine....       lol

I think somewhere in the System the Guns are Differentiated aside from the Obvious to Us....      

Looking at some of the Gun Stats, the AT/TD Guns are Faster Reloading and ever so Slightly on some in Disperssion....     Damage and Pen I think are generally the same...      And overall, the Platforms are Different so essentially the Mounting is Different, the Game may even consider that...

Just one of the many things that make you go "Huh...???"....

_Brew_ #8 Posted Oct 02 2017 - 15:58

Captain

• Players
  • 17688 battles

Partway through the AT-8 now.  The XP gain in this line is terrible because you don't have the speed to relocate as the battle changes.  I find myself guarding lanes that nobody comes to, or chasing down the rest of my team as they steamroll over a map.

The damage is so low that the few times I get a target in my sights I don't get enough damage off to get good XP returns.  You really have to get lucky and hope most of the enemy team chooses the lane you are guarding or you won't see enough damage in a fight to get the xp you need to advance.  

zed2204 #9 Posted Oct 03 2017 - 06:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 36239 battles
  • [LIO] LIO

View Postoldewolfe, on Oct 01 2017 - 17:31, said:

To Complicate things I imagine....       lol

I think somewhere in the System the Guns are Differentiated aside from the Obvious to Us....      

Looking at some of the Gun Stats, the AT/TD Guns are Faster Reloading and ever so Slightly on some in Disperssion....     Damage and Pen I think are generally the same...      And overall, the Platforms are Different so essentially the Mounting is Different, the Game may even consider that...

Just one of the many things that make you go "Huh...???"....

The guns between the HT line and yhe MED line have different stats on the different tanks but are compatible, the L1A1 gun that the Conqueror useless just has "AT" added in the name for the TDs so you have to grind it again, same goes for the majority of British guns and is true for many other tanks, it is the same gun the difference is in the mounting that is part of the reason tank so it should be compatible

Edited by zed2204, Oct 03 2017 - 06:41.

Treeburst #10 Posted Oct 03 2017 - 14:59

Captain

• Players
  • 27378 battles
They make the guns different so you have to research them again. It's a Korean style grinding game, they can't make it too easy on the players.

foughtwolf #11 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 01:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7497 battles
  • [HCO] HCO

Three battles in the AT-8. Three T8 match wins with 0-200 damage.

Good lord  save me. Im gunna kill myself at this rate via stress induced brain anurism.

Seriously though, if the American T series turretless TD's got a mobility buff on top of high alpha guns with small frontal weakspots, why the heck hasnt the British AT line gotten the same treatment?

hazmatman #12 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 02:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11213 battles
Yeah this grind will be more painful than the FV215b. The AT8 & AT7 are atrocious and highly situational. Even the starting position you get in the spawn can influence your match. I am afraid a lot of free xp will be used here. Hopefully the Deathstar is worth it.

Goat_Rodeo #13 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 02:15

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9331 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
I don't know if I have it in me to complete the grind. The AT-15 sees tier 9-10 all the damn time and it's so agonizingly slow that if you make the wrong choice at the beginning and read the tea leaves wrong you are royally [edited]...It's supposed to be an assault TD ffs, match the armor profile to realize that little aspect of its existence please. 

Sister_Mary_Gearchange #14 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 05:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20404 battles

View Posthazmatman, on Oct 09 2017 - 02:05, said:

Yeah this grind will be more painful than the FV215b. The AT8 & AT7 are atrocious and highly situational. Even the starting position you get in the spawn can influence your match. I am afraid a lot of free xp will be used here. Hopefully the Deathstar is worth it.

It isn't.

But, the grind is good practice for it: massive holes in the armour, guns that simply randomly fail to perform as advertised half the time, and an overall experience that is either feat or famine in terms of overall tank performance.  You'll get maybe 1 game in 50 where the tank performs really well and you enjoy the game.  The other 49 games will range from firing 1-2 shots and then dying through to firing nothing as a Russian (anything) or a German TD hits you from cover and you never see it - all in the first 2 minutes of the game.

Beornotns #15 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 06:23

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20952 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

Well, I just got the Tortoise with the top gun, and I have liked it.

We shall soon see!

~B

zed2204 #16 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 06:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 36239 battles
  • [LIO] LIO
IDK I found the HT line grind more painful than AT, it is still crap though

Jimbru #17 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 12:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18405 battles
I started this grind at the AT8 a few weeks ago, got a mark on the AT7,  and am currently working up the AT15. I have played all three as rapid-fire assault guns using binocs, vents, and rammer, and it's really fun when reds underestimate how fast I reload. I've roadblocked entire pushes by myself just by sheer rate of fire, playing peekaboom with a whole gang of reds at a time and pinging all of them.

One positive aspect of this line for me is that I tend to be a very aggressive player; I firmly believe that if you're sitting still without an enemy in your sights, you're doing something wrong. As Rommel said, "In the absence of specific orders, find the enemy and kill them." This line forces me to slow down instead of charging around after the enemy so much, and I think that's a good thing.

My main complaint about this line is the inconsistency of the armor. Nominally the armor on all these units (at least up to the Tortoise) is very thick, but I feel like there's way too much RNG on it and I'm not getting as many bounces as I should. My gun isn't that great against Tier 8+ heavies and assault gun TD's, but they seem to be able to pen me almost at will despite my supposed armor, and that's frustrating.

_Brew_ #18 Posted Oct 24 2017 - 17:46

Captain

• Players
  • 17688 battles

View PostJimbru, on Oct 18 2017 - 06:53, said:

I started this grind at the AT8 a few weeks ago, got a mark on the AT7,  and am currently working up the AT15. I have played all three as rapid-fire assault guns using binocs, vents, and rammer, and it's really fun when reds underestimate how fast I reload. I've roadblocked entire pushes by myself just by sheer rate of fire, playing peekaboom with a whole gang of reds at a time and pinging all of them.

One positive aspect of this line for me is that I tend to be a very aggressive player; I firmly believe that if you're sitting still without an enemy in your sights, you're doing something wrong. As Rommel said, "In the absence of specific orders, find the enemy and kill them." This line forces me to slow down instead of charging around after the enemy so much, and I think that's a good thing.

My main complaint about this line is the inconsistency of the armor. Nominally the armor on all these units (at least up to the Tortoise) is very thick, but I feel like there's way too much RNG on it and I'm not getting as many bounces as I should. My gun isn't that great against Tier 8+ heavies and assault gun TD's, but they seem to be able to pen me almost at will despite my supposed armor, and that's frustrating.

My main problem is that even and full speed I can never keep up with the action and rarely encounter situations where I can actually use the DPM before my team steamrolls the reds, or the reds steamroll my team and then blow me up.

My biggest gripe about these tanks isn't the armor, it's the speed.  I'd much rather have the speed to move where I need to be.  Still plugging away at the AT-15, hate every minute of it.  Play for the doubles and then move on to more fun tanks.  At some point my Free XP is going to come into play and I'll get to ditch this slug.

hazmatman #19 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 02:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11213 battles
How much longer do we have until this patch 9.21 drops? I am still looking at another 200+K XP to get Deathstar.

_Brew_ #20 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 14:31

Captain

• Players
  • 17688 battles

View Posthazmatman, on Nov 10 2017 - 20:56, said:

How much longer do we have until this patch 9.21 drops? I am still looking at another 200+K XP to get Deathstar.

It will definitely be after Dec. 8 because the Death Star is on track through that first week of December.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users