• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Avalon304 #21 Posted Oct 05 2017 - 06:05

Major

• Players
  • 17154 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostDirizon, on Oct 04 2017 - 17:56, said:

Liberte is a great tank, featuring excellent frontal armour with only one weak spot. Excellent firepower to keep it a threat even tier X, and good enough mobility as to not make it a crude lumbering T34, King Tiger, or Lowe. And has some view range to work with, unlike an lS5 or Defender

Lorraine, discounting the CDC, has best in class mobility. It has best in class firepower, keeping it a threat wherever it appears. It has a nifty autoloader and the camo works way better than when it was lX....The downside is a Lorraine driver, much like a Skorp G or Charioteer, needs a brain. As it cannot defend against attacks, but must instead rely on positioning, ambush, and camo. The mark of intelligence and experience and opportunity, rather than depending on armour

Patriot isn't as bad as those others. Patriot does have high DPM and Pen and speed, but isn't invulnerable and is much easier to exploit. 

252Y needs back the preTest 9Omm front plate, 12Omm lower. The 3Omm instead of 45mm side armour bracket. The gun should be lS3A 12.2cm, with rate of fire slower than lS3A, lS5, and Korovets

Chrysler K needs 1O.5cm gun changed to T28HTC idiot gun. Chryslers crutch is its armour. Speed cap should be set to 28-29

The Liberte is average. Its pretty much just a French Tiger II featuring a large cupola weakspot and the inability to angle at all because its sides are weak and it has shoulders on the front that it flattens out if it does try to angle. Its pretty average, and is further balanced by have a garbage gun (even for a heavy tank).

The Lorraine is fast, but its gun is bad (outside of being an autoloader) and its huge and features no armor. Theyre two reasonably balanced premiums.

The Patriot alone is more OP than the Liberte featuring a good gun with good DPM, and decent standard ammo as well as similar levels of frontal armor while also having a smaller profile than the Liberte. As well the Skorpion is a pretty brainless tank to play and can be reasonably played by even the worst of player to good effect.

ShookYang #22 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 17:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8587 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 04 2017 - 11:15, said:

Popping up on a target that is loaded and looking at you is the wrong way to play the tank. If a target knows you are there and is looking at you you shouldnt be poking him. If hes loaded you shouldnt be poking him. The targets you should be engaging, as a British medium are targets that are distracted by other tanks or targets that have already fired and are reloading. You shouldnt be baiting shots, your armor doesnt exist for that purpose in a British medium. The turret armor is fine in motion and will bounce hastily aimed shots from other tanks. It exists to potentially save you from a positioning error not to willfully bounce shots.

And yes, you should be snap shotting. Hit rate is irrelevant so dont worry about missing. Fire your gun more often and you'll do more damage. A British medium shouldnt expose any longer than it has to.

Okay, I'll keep that in mind the next time I play it.  The soft stats on the gun aren't the greatest, and it seems like, when I've been trying to snap shot, the bloom in pretty horrendous.

Edited by ShookYang, Oct 06 2017 - 18:41.

Legan #23 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 19:09

Private

• Players
  • 24234 battles
  • [BWSO] BWSO

I wouldn't get too concerned about them reverting to to original stats to collect more data before they finalize the changes. They cannot use live server stats to compare to the test server stats, since the way people play is not the same on the test server compared to the live one.  I would withhold any judgement till the tank goes live. They are going about collecting the data the correct way.

The problem with the current tank is it does not excell at anything, so adjusting your game play to take advantage of its strengths just isn't possible.  It really has no identity.  That is what I would try to fix.  Try to make it what people expect to get from a British medium, high rof, low alpha, accurate, lightly armored and highly mobile. Think that would make most people happy.  Agree with what most people who have said, leave armor alone and buff the gun handling and mobility, that would meet most expectations.

Edited by Legan, Oct 06 2017 - 19:11.

Spartan_Striker #24 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 19:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 23570 battles
  • [H4CKS] H4CKS

View Postgoodncold, on Oct 02 2017 - 13:51, said:

I just read that the FV4202 on the test server was going to be reverted back to 9.20 stats.

I have been waiting for a meaningful update to the FV4202 since they first announced it back in early 2017. 

I don't understand why it can't have its buff if it has similar armor profile as the Primo Victoria. The engine power buff is required as that tank has no uphill capacity at all.

This is the second time they put it into test with updated armor and remove it. It doesn't make sense considering other tanks (premium or otherwise) in the same class and tier are much better than it. I won't even mention the gun handling which put it near the bottom of its class.

I think I will have to file this tank away to the dusty corner of my garage until WOT actually decides to do something positive with it.

Am I missing the point of why they reverted the stats? Please don't say that it is too OP.

You realize they only reverted the turret armor? 

The engine power and top speeds are staying the same as originally suggest in 9.20.1 Iteration 1.

Goat_Rodeo #25 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 20:33

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9726 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

Think they mistook it for Russian during a drinking binge and realized the error of thier ways before the patch could drop. Another premium that will stay safely away from my garage. Thanks WG, you saved me $$$!

indoctrinated #26 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 22:28

Major

• Players
  • 20171 battles
Well played WG. Lets continue on with the tradition of Tier 8 mediums being the worst class in this tier.

Big_hairy_cannon #27 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 22:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 8145 battles

fv4202 is awful again, great job

especially with new MM, when you are almost every time bottom tier

Earlier it was like you were playing tier 6 vs 8, now it is still tier 6 vs 10... but you can drive(suckallshotswithyourturret)&die faster, because of 650 h.p. engine, bravo one more time

8bit_Gamer #28 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 22:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13955 battles
It did seem like the turret armor buff may have been a bit overkill. As it stands the FV4202 isn't a bad tank, not great but not bad.

The mobility buff was definitely a welcome change however. Nothing like being passed by heavy tanks on hills. If I had to choose I would take the mobility buff over the armor buff since the turret even now can bounce shots. Playing as a second line support/ridge warrior you really shouldn't be the focus of enemy fire anyway.

Off topic; San earlier post stated the the Lorraine 40t's gun is bad. It has the BEST penetration of ANY tier 8 medium. Gun Handling is poor but mobility and penetrating power makes up for that easily...

Goat_Rodeo #29 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 23:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9726 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

View PostBig_hairy_cannon, on Oct 06 2017 - 21:36, said:

Earlier it was like you were playing tier 6 vs 8, now it is still tier 6 vs 10... but you can drive(suckallshotswithyourturret)&die faster, because of 650 h.p. engine, bravo one more time

This^^^^^

Considering how many tier 10 battles you see nowadays with the super heavy meta, compulsory choice of city map and or choke point extravaganza along with a side of arty based stun fest, makes the FV 4202 sort of a lost tank. 

Tekuila89 #30 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 07:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9115 battles
  • [STOND] STOND

View PostBig_hairy_cannon, on Oct 06 2017 - 21:36, said:

This ^

It's laughable that people think an engine buff is going to do ANYTHING for this crap basket of a tank.

Edited by Tekuila89, Oct 09 2017 - 07:22.

zed2204 #31 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 13:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 36404 battles
  • [LIO] LIO
Right now the T-44-100 that is a fast flanker has better armor than FV4202 that is supposed to be hill fighter, it just doesn't fulfill it's role

Big_hairy_cannon #32 Posted Oct 17 2017 - 12:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 8145 battles

According to ru cluster (today was installed 9.20.1) they added 30mm to the turret... Better than nothing :0

Spoiler

oldewolfe #33 Posted Oct 17 2017 - 13:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 12029 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN
Cool...     Even a Minor Change is nice, I don't think it was neccessary, but it is Nice....     I liked the Speed Buff though....

goodncold #34 Posted Oct 17 2017 - 16:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9877 battles
  • [HARMD] HARMD

View PostBig_hairy_cannon, on Oct 17 2017 - 12:32, said:

According to ru cluster (today was installed 9.20.1) they added 30mm to the turret... Better than nothing :0

Spoiler

Did they keep the engine buff too?

Thanks to all of you chiming in on this!

Big_hairy_cannon #35 Posted Oct 17 2017 - 18:49

Private

• -Players-
  • 8145 battles

View Postgoodncold, on Oct 17 2017 - 10:32, said:

Did they keep the engine buff too?

Thanks to all of you chiming in on this!

Yes, engine is 650 h.p.

proof:

Spoiler

you welcome

oldewolfe #36 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 11:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 12029 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

Anyone Getting a Chance to Play it as yet....      The Computer is going to be Down for a Few, going to the Shop since I don't have the Spare Parts to Investigate beyond what I have already for the Shutdown Issues.....

Hoping it's something Simple and I can chaulk it up to Stupid, but my luck it'll be something Expensive....    lol

black_colt #37 Posted Oct 21 2017 - 01:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Postgoodncold, on Oct 02 2017 - 11:51, said:

I just read that the FV4202 on the test server was going to be reverted back to 9.20 stats.

I have been waiting for a meaningful update to the FV4202 since they first announced it back in early 2017. 

I don't understand why it can't have its buff if it has similar armor profile as the Primo Victoria. The engine power buff is required as that tank has no uphill capacity at all.

This is the second time they put it into test with updated armor and remove it. It doesn't make sense considering other tanks (premium or otherwise) in the same class and tier are much better than it. I won't even mention the gun handling which put it near the bottom of its class.

I think I will have to file this tank away to the dusty corner of my garage until WOT actually decides to do something positive with it.

Am I missing the point of why they reverted the stats? Please don't say that it is too OP.

Well the original proposed buffs were OP.

While the Fv4202 needed some buffs Premium vehicles SHOULD NOT be better than the fully researched non-Premium [same class and Tier].

Premium vehicles should be slightly less better [have some unique characteristics that are not found in the Tech Tree] or just less better [perhaps the power-to-weight is less, slower turret traverse, etc.] than the fully-researched non-Premium [same class and Tier].

Having Premium vehicles that are better/equal to completely makes this game [Pay-to-Win].  

Edited by black_colt, Oct 21 2017 - 01:43.

black_colt #38 Posted Oct 21 2017 - 01:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Postoldewolfe, on Oct 18 2017 - 02:24, said:

Anyone Getting a Chance to Play it as yet....      The Computer is going to be Down for a Few, going to the Shop since I don't have the Spare Parts to Investigate beyond what I have already for the Shutdown Issues.....

Hoping it's something Simple and I can chaulk it up to Stupid, but my luck it'll be something Expensive....    lol

Circonflexes has played it on several of his Twitch streams [you will need to scroll through as he did not feature in a separate stream] and seemed to have a positive opinion of the buffs.

He also seemed to think that the Common Test buffs were too much - again this was in one of his Twitch streams.

Also tagged with FV4202

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users