Supertest

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

flowerpower210 #21 Posted Oct 04 2017 - 15:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19196 battles
  • [TUF] TUF
I was going to buy FV4202. They rolled back turret changes... no money for WG ;).

Toxicity73 #22 Posted Oct 04 2017 - 16:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9711 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostBaconMeLoveIt, on Oct 03 2017 - 19:21, said:

I'll buy it since I'm used to playing support anyways.

Me too

Toxicity73 #23 Posted Oct 04 2017 - 17:02

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9711 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Dont know why all the hate Ive gotten at least 2 tank sniper achievements with mine. Its NOT A BRAWLER it mid to long range support. You just have to use your brain when you use the FV4202.

sneakytails #24 Posted Oct 04 2017 - 22:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6343 battles
  • [ESG] ESG

In the current state of the game the FV4202 needs the turret buffs, with such low alpha damage and these tiny,tunnel maps you need to be able to get more shots off when enemy tanks are looking at you. Throw in lower DPM than a T5 Matilda Black Prince and you have crap tank. Low DPM, alpha, longish reload, wonky gun handling, paper turret, poor power ratio and speed, this tank has needed some serious buffs for a long time.

I always enjoyed the Caernarvon more because it had a workable turret that allowed a player to actually work the 20lber instead of getting penned frontally by lights every-time you try and make a play.

I would rather see a aim time buff on the C-Axe, Not sure if the turret would help counter act that, most likely not considering it will see 10's. 2 seconds minimum.

If you are going to straddle these tanks with lower performing 20lbers than at least give them decent turrets or start opening up the damn maps.

Avalon304 #25 Posted Oct 04 2017 - 23:24

Major

• Players
  • 16863 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Postsneakytails, on Oct 04 2017 - 14:55, said:

In the current state of the game the FV4202 needs the turret buffs, with such low alpha damage and these tiny,tunnel maps you need to be able to get more shots off when enemy tanks are looking at you. Throw in lower DPM than a T5 Matilda Black Prince and you have crap tank. Low DPM, alpha, longish reload, wonky gun handling, paper turret, poor power ratio and speed, this tank has needed some serious buffs for a long time.

I always enjoyed the Caernarvon more because it had a workable turret that allowed a player to actually work the 20lber instead of getting penned frontally by lights every-time you try and make a play.

I would rather see a aim time buff on the C-Axe, Not sure if the turret would help counter act that, most likely not considering it will see 10's. 2 seconds minimum.

If you are going to straddle these tanks with lower performing 20lbers than at least give them decent turrets or start opening up the damn maps.

The bolded is false. There is no reason you need a turret unless youre willfully exposing to loaded enemy tanks or tanks that are looking at you. It is very easy to position in such a way that you can engage tanks that arent looking at you or that arent loaded.

mob12345678 #26 Posted Oct 05 2017 - 20:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18795 battles
  • [STYX] STYX

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 04 2017 - 22:24, said:

The bolded is false. There is no reason you need a turret unless youre willfully exposing to loaded enemy tanks or tanks that are looking at you. It is very easy to position in such a way that you can engage tanks that arent looking at you or that arent loaded.

So what everyone is saying is that the FV4202 don't need turret armor? Try looking at all the Medium and heavy prem tier 8s the USSR nation keeps getting. Their Alpha, speed, size of the tank, armor and armor effectiveness is all in 1, why can't british get something in there. No armor means more alpha and higher concealment with smaller size. Majority of the british tanks can't hide, conealment is always below quarter

As much as I have a toaster computer with 15 fps, I play normal with gemans tanks due to their armor but the FV4202 is a worthless tank collecting dust, I sold mien and reversed it when i heard about the buff, now I want to sell it again.

Edited by mob12345678, Oct 05 2017 - 20:30.

Avalon304 #27 Posted Oct 05 2017 - 20:58

Major

• Players
  • 16863 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Postmob12345678, on Oct 05 2017 - 12:29, said:

So what everyone is saying is that the FV4202 don't need turret armor? Try looking at all the Medium and heavy prem tier 8s the USSR nation keeps getting. Their Alpha, speed, size of the tank, armor and armor effectiveness is all in 1, why can't british get something in there. No armor means more alpha and higher concealment with smaller size. Majority of the british tanks can't hide, conealment is always below quarter

As much as I have a toaster computer with 15 fps, I play normal with gemans tanks due to their armor but the FV4202 is a worthless tank collecting dust, I sold mien and reversed it when i heard about the buff, now I want to sell it again.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying: The FV4202, Centurion Mk. 1, Centurion Mk. 7/1 and Centurion Action X do not need turret armor buffs. These tanks rely on poking tanks that are either distracted or reloading. If you are playing the tanks to their strengths, you arent going to be getting hit in the turret. What these tanks do need (except the Centurion Action X, which is fine as it currently is in 9.20) are more competitive DPM levels and better soft gun handling values. Playing a British medium is about mitigating exposure, not expecting your armor to bounce anything.

Secondly: Just because other tanks have armor, or camo, or speed or whatever is not a excuse for getting these tanks buffed wrongly. It leads to bad balance. British tanks are not Russian tanks they should not be the same as Russian tanks when it comes to their good combinations of gun+speed+armor+camo. If you got an FV4202 because you wanted it to be a Russian medium, you bought the wrong tank and you shouldnt be expecting that it was. There are plenty of other tanks in the game that can do what you want, lets stop making every tank the same.

That people keep wanting to make every tank the same is bad. To behonest, Id be nerfing the Centurion's speed back to 40kph, nerfing the Primo Victoria's turret and giving them competitive levels of gun handling and DPM, because thats how they should be balanced, as 2nd line support tanks that can poke unawares targets and hit them with well handling punchy guns.

mob12345678 #28 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 04:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18795 battles
  • [STYX] STYX

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 05 2017 - 19:58, said:

Secondly: Just because other tanks have armor, or camo, or speed or whatever is not a excuse for getting these tanks buffed wrongly. It leads to bad balance. British tanks are not Russian tanks they should not be the same as Russian tanks when it comes to their good combinations of gun+speed+armor+camo. If you got an FV4202 because you wanted it to be a Russian medium, you bought the wrong tank and you shouldnt be expecting that it was. There are plenty of other tanks in the game that can do what you want, lets stop making every tank the same.

That people keep wanting to make every tank the same is bad. To behonest, Id be nerfing the Centurion's speed back to 40kph, nerfing the Primo Victoria's turret and giving them competitive levels of gun handling and DPM, because thats how they should be balanced, as 2nd line support tanks that can poke unawares targets and hit them with well handling punchy guns.

That part right there is what they are doing with all their USSR NEW TANKS. They giving all of them mostlikely the same derp gun or higher with basically he same speed(fast) and some derp turret with a small hull, hgh camo rating, derped RNG and other unrealistic stuff

Avalon304 #29 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 05:20

Major

• Players
  • 16863 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Postmob12345678, on Oct 05 2017 - 20:42, said:

That part right there is what they are doing with all their USSR NEW TANKS. They giving all of them mostlikely the same derp gun or higher with basically he same speed(fast) and some derp turret with a small hull, hgh camo rating, derped RNG and other unrealistic stuff

Yes. Bad balance isnt ok. Asking for bad balance because other tanks are badly balanced is less ok.

flowerpower210 #30 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 17:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19196 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

The FV4202 is basically a centurion 1. Their gun are the same & have identical soft stats. The FV4202 has lower DPM however. Making the FV4202 a paper tank & the centurion an armored tank makes no sense as their mobility are pretty much similar.

Avalon304 #31 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 19:29

Major

• Players
  • 16863 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Postflowerpower210, on Oct 06 2017 - 09:38, said:

The FV4202 is basically a centurion 1. Their gun are the same & have identical soft stats. The FV4202 has lower DPM however. Making the FV4202 a paper tank & the centurion an armored tank makes no sense as their mobility are pretty much similar.

They shouldnt be making the Centurions armored either.

mob12345678 #32 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 03:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18795 battles
  • [STYX] STYX

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 06 2017 - 18:29, said:

They shouldnt be making the Centurions armored either.

I have a strong feeling the british tanks penned everything it hit. so in other words it has pen similar to the germans. >.>

Edited by mob12345678, Oct 07 2017 - 03:03.

Avalon304 #33 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 04:50

Major

• Players
  • 16863 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Postmob12345678, on Oct 06 2017 - 19:03, said:

I have a strong feeling the british tanks penned everything it hit. so in other words it has pen similar to the germans. >.>

Are you basing this on real life? Because that has nothing to do with anything right now... otherwise your comment isnt making any sense.

mob12345678 #34 Posted Oct 08 2017 - 22:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18795 battles
  • [STYX] STYX

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 07 2017 - 03:50, said:

Are you basing this on real life? Because that has nothing to do with anything right now... otherwise your comment isnt making any sense.

If it doesnt then the british tanks can get armor -_- cause a bunch of the tanks stats aint even realistic.

Avalon304 #35 Posted Oct 08 2017 - 23:34

Major

• Players
  • 16863 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Postmob12345678, on Oct 08 2017 - 14:24, said:

If it doesnt then the british tanks can get armor -_- cause a bunch of the tanks stats aint even realistic.

It doesnt have anything to do with real life. It has everything to do with how you are supposed to play the tank. If youre a Centurion its your job to provide support from the 2nd line and not to get hit (via not poking on loaded enemies or enemies that are looking at you). British mediums dont need armor because they shouldnt be getting hit. If they are getting hit they are making mistakes.

Them getting armor isnt going to change anything, and the armor they are getting is still going to be penned easily by anyone willing to press 2, making it a largely irrelevant buff.

indoctrinated #36 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 00:52

Major

• Players
  • 20171 battles

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Oct 02 2017 - 21:01, said:

We’ve got some news from the Super test – we’ll tell more about new settings of the vehicles that have already been on the Super test.

1. FV4202 – we rolled back turret armor to 9.20 values. The statistics data has shown overly high battle performance on the Common Test and we have decided to test its updated version without improved armor. We’ll see how it goes and will decide whether to release it on the 2nd Common test or not.

2. New British TD-10 has got its name: FV217 Badger. Besides its name, the Badger will get improved front armor and increased alpha-damage, at the same time its damage per minute will remain the same as in the previous version – we’ll fix its rate of fire. The mobility will be changed as well: maximum speed will be decreased, but the dynamics will be improved – the TD will better keep and gather the speed.

I think it's more like you want T8 mediums to continue being a weakling class. Oh well.
Do you have more information on the FV217 concept, and historical information regarding it's armament of a 123(?) mm gun? Armor schematics, design requirements, anything of that sort?

View Postsneakytails, on Oct 04 2017 - 17:55, said:

Caernarvon gets too much flak when it's a decent tank IMO. Excellent aiming stats, decent hull and okay turret armor with average pen. 

View Postmob12345678, on Oct 05 2017 - 15:29, said:

Soviet T8 premiums aren't all that good. I routinely turn IS-6 tanks into red mist with my O-Ho, Type 4 Heavy and Caernarvon. The 252U is gifted with horrendous aiming stats which is quite dangerous in higher tier games. The new STG from what I've seen is a typical garbage Tier 8 medium. The T-54 mod 1. is another huge joke. Pathetic gun, armor scheme, etc etc. I laugh at Tier 8 medium tanks in my KV-2, O-I and M6. These are T6 heavies to boot.
Depending on your needs and budget the entry to play WoT is pretty low. I use an i5-750 and GTX 1050 and the game runs buttery smooth. I believe even Nvidia's recently released GT 1030 will also play this game fairly comfortably along with low power consumption, heat and compatibility with the vast majority of computer systems.

mob12345678 #37 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 03:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18795 battles
  • [STYX] STYX

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 08 2017 - 22:34, said:

It doesnt have anything to do with real life. It has everything to do with how you are supposed to play the tank. If youre a Centurion its your job to provide support from the 2nd line and not to get hit (via not poking on loaded enemies or enemies that are looking at you). British mediums dont need armor because they shouldnt be getting hit. If they are getting hit they are making mistakes.

Them getting armor isnt going to change anything, and the armor they are getting is still going to be penned easily by anyone willing to press 2, making it a largely irrelevant buff.

Thats what the darn Russian bias wants it to do but then again why want the cent do so when the sweedish VIC gets turret armor to do the same? You should try to make the game balanced instead of trying to make british tanks horrible compared to other nations

Avalon304 #38 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 04:51

Major

• Players
  • 16863 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Postmob12345678, on Oct 08 2017 - 19:03, said:

Thats what the darn Russian bias wants it to do but then again why want the cent do so when the sweedish VIC gets turret armor to do the same? You should try to make the game balanced instead of trying to make british tanks horrible compared to other nations

No... that not what "Russian bias" wants it to do... its what the tanks are meant to do. (Honestly... that fact you think Russian bias even exists is laughable. Most Russian tier 8 premiums arent that good, certainly not to the level youre elevating them to. The one Russian tier 8 (252U/Defender) that is at that level is clearly broken and badly balanced. So you asking for other nations to be close to that level is asking for bad balance).

Im gonna let you in on a little secret: the turret armor on the Primo Victoria isnt good. It can not sit hull down if the player in front of you is at all smart or at all capable of pressing the 2 key. Another secret: The Primo Victoria plays exactly the same as every other Centurion, where the turret armor is largely irrelevant because you shouldnt be getting hit in the first place. I am trying to make the game balanced, and armor is not a good way to balance this game. Because it can be made largely irrelevant. Oh and as Ive said before: The Primo Victoria shouldnt have been released with that turret either, and were I in charge of this games balance it would get nerfed (along with a lot of the more recent premiums and armor buffs).

Every tank doesnt need turret armor. Making every medium tank have good turret armor, making them all pretty much the same, is not how you balance the class or the game. Thats bad balance, and if we keep going in that direction, the direction of homogenizing all tanks to be the same, the game will grow stale and die.

And maybe instead of you begging for your tanks to be buffed because they dont do what you want them to do, you should learn how to play them. Because its tiring to read of people who play the tanks incorrectly and then whine for buffs that arent even needed. British tanks arent horrible compared to other nations. Theyre different, but theyre good tanks, if you know how to play them.

indoctrinated #39 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 05:55

Major

• Players
  • 20171 battles

View Postmob12345678, on Oct 08 2017 - 22:03, said:

If anything the Soviet tech tree contains a lot of turds. An example would be the T-44, T-54 being garbage tanks. The T-44 is just abysmal while the T-54 is a silly one-trick pony with 330 HEAT pen. Nothing else about a T-54 that's dangerous in a 1v1 fight. A T-54 is WAY less threatening to me than a Type 4 Heavy, T-10 or a Conqueror. Sure some Brit tanks are atrocious like the Tortoise, the Comet and Churchill 7 but other trees are like that too.

mob12345678 #40 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 15:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18795 battles
  • [STYX] STYX

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 09 2017 - 03:51, said:

And maybe instead of you begging for your tanks to be buffed because they dont do what you want them to do, you should learn how to play them. Because its tiring to read of people who play the tanks incorrectly and then whine for buffs that arent even needed. British tanks arent horrible compared to other nations. Theyre different, but theyre good tanks, if you know how to play them.

I sort of agree with the rest but this last part cant compute with the level of noobs. Also any other nations tanks is easy to use just the bitish is under powered. "Know how to use them" doesnt apply to other nations for their tanks are used by noobs and they still rekt some people. Thats my point of view on it. Not only experienced players is to use the brits but noobs to. Why cant that happen? Anyways I cant explain all that I want to say for every day I tend to forgot what I really wanted to say.

I'm still using 15 fps toaster...kind of hard to aim now that the game keeps updating :(. I've been playing this game for  few years but only on july and august vacation so if you add that up it leads to less than 18 months so i nthat period I learned and learned with laggy gameplay of 15 fps. Now that I'm concious of how to play but the lag is my problem. I moved from 45% win rate to 47% winrate with that lag and now it's laggier :( with the updates coming in more and more. I aint living in the states so it's gonna be hard to spend money on a good pc  where 1 US = 7 TTD(my currency)

Also tagged with Supertest

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users