Jump to content


WG! When will you EVER fix the Hellcat?!?!?!?!


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

ClydeCooper421 #1 Posted Oct 04 2017 - 00:30

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 10555 battles
  • 2,375
  • Member since:
    05-18-2015

For years now the Hellcat has been broken. Every patch that comes around, it's like spinning the wheel. "Will they fix the hellcat this patch???"

 

But nope. They haven't yet and I'm beginning to feel that they don't even care. 

 

https://imgur.com/a/LtXyC

 

As you can see in the above image, the shells in the back of the turret are messed up. On one side there are 3 rows of shells. The top having 3, the second having 2, and the bottom having 1. 


On the other side The shells are all jammed in there and messed up. 

 

Every time i look at it, my OCD kicks in. UGHHH



Viper69 #2 Posted Oct 04 2017 - 00:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 7440 battles
  • 4,134
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011
They won’t fix it, they broke it on purpose. It used to reverse faster and it’s turret speed was faster. Hell it doesn’t even have its historical forward speed yet countless imaginary tanks have ungodly speed for their tonnage.

Lonewolfpj #3 Posted Oct 04 2017 - 00:36

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 2284 battles
  • 440
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
I thought you were going to ask about a buff. Not a complaint about the tank skin or appearance. I can’t get your photo to work either But maybe that is just me.

Scorpiany #4 Posted Oct 04 2017 - 00:39

    Major

  • Community Contributor
  • 30019 battles
  • 10,952
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostViper69, on Oct 03 2017 - 16:34, said:

They won’t fix it, they broke it on purpose. It used to reverse faster and it’s turret speed was faster. Hell it doesn’t even have its historical forward speed yet countless imaginary tanks have ungodly speed for their tonnage.

 

Someone didn't read the post. :trollface:

Viper69 #5 Posted Oct 04 2017 - 00:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 7440 battles
  • 4,134
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

View PostScorpiany, on Oct 03 2017 - 18:39, said:

 

Someone didn't read the post. :trollface:

 

nope, only the first paragraph which I swear wasn’t the only thing there when I posted.

TsarCidron #6 Posted Oct 04 2017 - 00:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 5989 battles
  • 6,650
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
  • Member since:
    03-16-2012

'kitty was 'fixed' a while ago.. hasnt been as aggressive, rather, its now pretty passive as kitty's go.    to lazy to even back up from trouble.

 

as for graphical display.. who cares (ok, one or two ocd people do).   There are so many imaginary tanks, or tanks with non-historical guns, etc that the looks may as well be drawn by a bunch if kindergarten kids.



Manimal__ #7 Posted Oct 04 2017 - 02:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 36319 battles
  • 3,122
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostClydeCooper421, on Oct 03 2017 - 15:30, said:

For years now the Hellcat has been broken. Every patch that comes around, it's like spinning the wheel. "Will they fix the hellcat this patch???"

 

But nope. They haven't yet and I'm beginning to feel that they don't even care. 

 

https://imgur.com/a/LtXyC

 

As you can see in the above image, the shells in the back of the turret are messed up. On one side there are 3 rows of shells. The top having 3, the second having 2, and the bottom having 1. 


On the other side The shells are all jammed in there and messed up. 

 

Every time i look at it, my OCD kicks in. UGHHH

 

:facepalm: First world problems.

ladygazoo #8 Posted Oct 05 2017 - 13:56

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 12689 battles
  • 52
  • [GAZOO] GAZOO
  • Member since:
    07-07-2014

 

hmmmmn, My 3rd game in the hellcat...  Ace - radleys - lol -  played it kinda like a med...

 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3863332#highway-ladygazoo-m18_hellcat

 

 

 

Victory
Highway 
M18 Hellcat 
Experience received:6,387   (x2 for the first victory each day)  Credits earned 41,907  
 Battle achievements Top Gun, High Caliber, Defender, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Radley-Walters's Medal, Dumitru's Medal, Fadin's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
 
Mission completed! Reward: Personal Reserves: Additional Experience per Battle (x1)
 

 

Then was sent a message about reload hack ... lololol

xxxxxxxxxxx -nice cheat code for reload
ladygazoo lol lol no cheat code
ladygazoo lololoolol
ladygazoo its called orderly amo rack a directive i earned playing ranked battles - you should try it
crash79 it increases reload that fast
ladygazoo only using the 76 mm


Edited by ladygazoo, Oct 05 2017 - 14:01.


nicodeimous #9 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 21:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 29804 battles
  • 2,311
  • [7-BDR] 7-BDR
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011
Its fine if used as an actual TD - it got nerfed because it was able to be used as a medium in many respects at its high point of use.  As a TD its fine and does very well - quickly find a setup position, fire a few times and relocate [as the design is intended to do].  DON'T run and gun as the design ISN'T intended to do.

QuicksilverJPR #10 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 15:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 21411 battles
  • 2,829
  • [RPG] RPG
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View Postnicodeimous, on Oct 09 2017 - 15:47, said:

Its fine if used as an actual TD - it got nerfed because it was able to be used as a medium in many respects at its high point of use.  As a TD its fine and does very well - quickly find a setup position, fire a few times and relocate [as the design is intended to do].  DON'T run and gun as the design ISN'T intended to do.

 

They seriously need to take the 90mm away from the Hellcat and restore its mobility somewhat...especially the reverse speed and turret speed.  I mean the only reason it's nerfed in the first place is due to the completely non-historical setup...

nicodeimous #11 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 17:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 29804 battles
  • 2,311
  • [7-BDR] 7-BDR
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Oct 10 2017 - 09:51, said:

 

They seriously need to take the 90mm away from the Hellcat and restore its mobility somewhat...especially the reverse speed and turret speed.  I mean the only reason it's nerfed in the first place is due to the completely non-historical setup..

Not a bad idea really, drop it down to the 76mm the T21 uses [the one with more pen than the 76mm M1A2] and give it back mobility - it would separate it from the Jackson and would help to define each as a different type of TD.



QuicksilverJPR #12 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 17:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 21411 battles
  • 2,829
  • [RPG] RPG
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View Postnicodeimous, on Oct 10 2017 - 11:02, said:

Not a bad idea really, drop it down to the 76mm the T21 uses [the one with more pen than the 76mm M1A2] and give it back mobility - it would separate it from the Jackson and would help to define each as a different type of TD.

 

It would make more sense with the two tier 7s above the Hellcat/Jackson as well (T25/2 has the 90mm, the T25AT has the 105 and fixed/casemate) -  (and further extrapolate up to the tier 8-10s)...

The_Chieftain #13 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 21:52

    Military Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 10013 battles
  • 9,551
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

Hmm. You have a good point. And, now I'm looking, I don't see a good reference for the ammo racks in the M36 either. Every photo I have seen of a real one has six on the right, five on the left.

I'm checking with Minsk now, but I have to say, it probably will not be a priority to fix either vehicle. Will let you know what I find out.



SpectreHD #14 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 03:37

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • 15,565
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Oct 10 2017 - 22:51, said:

They seriously need to take the 90mm away from the Hellcat and restore its mobility somewhat...especially the reverse speed and turret speed.  I mean the only reason it's nerfed in the first place is due to the completely non-historical setup...

 

View Postnicodeimous, on Oct 11 2017 - 00:02, said:

​Not a bad idea really, drop it down to the 76mm the T21 uses [the one with more pen than the 76mm M1A2] and give it back mobility - it would separate it from the Jackson and would help to define each as a different type of TD.

 

Something I have been saying for ages. It annoys me that this fast and mobile vehicle is forced to not have this ability because it is characterised as a "TD". And in this game, TDs are balanced to turn slower than turreted tanks which makes no sense. So this vehicle, which is essentially a light, turns like molasses. 

 

The Hellcat should have the 90mm removed, and have the 76mm's premium round be its standard round but with less DPM than the Easy 8. Then it can have its rightful mobility back. The Hellcat should have been very similar to the Type 64 light.



telecastermds #15 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 13:03

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10157 battles
  • 332
  • [VX9] VX9
  • Member since:
    05-17-2015
That sounds like a reasonable "balance" option for the Hellcat.  Removed 90mm, buff mobility to historical, 76mm top gun.  Can you imagine it having the T71's 76mm autoloader??

QuicksilverJPR #16 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 14:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 21411 battles
  • 2,829
  • [RPG] RPG
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View PostSpectreHD, on Oct 10 2017 - 21:37, said:

 

 

Something I have been saying for ages. It annoys me that this fast and mobile vehicle is forced to not have this ability because it is characterised as a "TD". And in this game, TDs are balanced to turn slower than turreted tanks which makes no sense. So this vehicle, which is essentially a light, turns like molasses. 

 

The Hellcat should have the 90mm removed, and have the 76mm's premium round be its standard round but with less DPM than the Easy 8. Then it can have its rightful mobility back. The Hellcat should have been very similar to the Type 64 light.

 

Yep, it should basically be similar to the Type 64, but with better pen (maybe something like the stats of the British 17lber - AP 171pen/150dmg, APCR 239pen)

stalkervision #17 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 16:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 49841 battles
  • 7,834
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View PostSpectreHD, on Oct 10 2017 - 21:37, said:

 

 

Something I have been saying for ages. It annoys me that this fast and mobile vehicle is forced to not have this ability because it is characterised as a "TD". And in this game, TDs are balanced to turn slower than turreted tanks which makes no sense. So this vehicle, which is essentially a light, turns like molasses. 

 

The Hellcat should have the 90mm removed, and have the 76mm's premium round be its standard round but with less DPM than the Easy 8. Then it can have its rightful mobility back. The Hellcat should have been very similar to the Type 64 light.

 

all true. I also believe the Hellcat had a special heat round just given to hellcat's

QuicksilverJPR #18 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 17:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 21411 battles
  • 2,829
  • [RPG] RPG
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View Poststalkervision, on Oct 12 2017 - 10:18, said:

 

all true. I also believe the Hellcat had a special heat round just given to hellcat's

 

Not true..

 

Posted Image






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users