Gauging interest from the (bl)unicum community that's transferring to Asia

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

wrwsadv #1 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 09:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9795 battles

For those of you who are transferring to the Asia server and have an interest in competitive play, here's a little summary of what the deal is on Asia right now:

• Clan Wars between the times of 4 and 12 GMT+8. These are split colloquially into the "early TZ" and "late TZ" for obvious reasons. Many english-speaking players favour the 4-8 o'clock times as this is the early/mid evening for them. 
  • The early timezone has only 2 decent quality english-speaking clans playing. PYRO is a blunicum clan looking for players with 2k+ recent. They're currently on both the tier 8 and tier 10 map, and perform fairly consistently due to the lack of any competing clans. The other clan, LIFE, is on the high end of blue/low end of purple and is looking for near-unicum recents. They're mainly known for bullying tier 8s as "they can't get enough active players for 10s." These clans ware by no means bad, but I feel that they are fairly unexceptional. 
  • The tier 10 early timezone land is currently completely held by the Vietnamese clan VPA, and has not really been contested at all. 
  • There are very little leadership opportunities and the meta is stagnant. LIFE has been dominating 8s and PYRO performing well on 10s since the beginning of time, and the only real infusion of new life was the introduction of foreign clans from Korea and Vietnam. Most clans have set XOs and callers already, and are inflexible to change. 

In other words, the competitive environment for good english-speaking players playing in the earlier timezones (typically Australians) is kind of dry; there's nothing much good for those of us being introduced into the clan scene. PYRO is a decent clan, but isn't particularly special, and LIFE really isn't that great unless you enjoy kicking tier 8 puppies. 

Because of this, I've been considering starting a clan on Asia with the specific goal of injecting life back into the competitive community. If enough transferrers (maybe 20*) express their interest in joining a new, top-end clan on the Asia server, I'll go about creating it, and try to have it in full swing by the next campaign at the end of this year. I have a few contacts on Asia and some calling credentials (check my sig), so there should be very little problem with getting started. The purpose of this thread, in other words, is for players with 2000+ recent wn8 to express their interest in a new clan so I can decide whether I should go about creating it or just join PYRO/LIFE instead. 

*When I say 20, I don't mean just in this forum thread. I'm hoping to get 20 close to the get-go in order to be able to land a bit on the map initially. If I do decide to follow through with this, I'll be pulling in some favours and talking to a lot of current Asia players as well. 

Disclaimer: For those interested, I'm not making any guarantees here; it'll take a lot of work, and this is merely to gauge the interest in the transferring community so I can get an idea of whether it would be viable. Don't come into this with the expectation that we'll have a top clan instantly. It'll probably take a few months if it happens at all. 

Edited by wrwsadv, Oct 06 2017 - 11:24.

scyorkie #2 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 09:46

Major

• Players
  • 66714 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Didn't the window for transfers to SEA already close?

wrwsadv #3 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 09:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9795 battles

View Postscyorkie, on Oct 06 2017 - 18:46, said:

Not quite. 

There was an initial group of transfers which happened towards the end of August, but a large portion of us didn't get to go during that one. If you opted in by sending a support ticket before mid-September, you're still eligible for server transfer, but WG postponed the final confirmation and actual transfer to probably mid/late this month. The main reason for this is because a storm wrecked the only cable connecting Australia and the APAC region so the ping there is just as bad as it is here. In other words, a bunch of us are going SoonTM.

Spoiler

*I can't be bothered finding the article about the postponing. 

Edited by wrwsadv, Oct 06 2017 - 09:52.

KingGodTroll #4 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 09:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21596 battles

I want to know just only transfer date

Wgay said to me you can transfer september but sitll here

DormantStage #5 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 10:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 6168 battles

View Postwrwsadv, on Oct 06 2017 - 16:51, said:

Not quite. 

There was an initial group of transfers which happened towards the end of August

Source?  I didn't think any of us had got through yet?

wrwsadv #6 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 10:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9795 battles

View PostKingGodTroll, on Oct 06 2017 - 18:55, said:

I want to know just only transfer date

Wgay said to me you can transfer september but sitll here

If you put in a ticket to support before the end of September, you're on the waiting list. WG is waiting until the Sea Me We 3 Cable is fixed and the ping to Asia is stable. This is estimated to happen mid-October. 

If you haven't applied, put in a ticket now, but I doubt it'll happen. 

wrwsadv #7 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 10:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9795 battles

View PostDormantStage, on Oct 06 2017 - 19:03, said:

Source?  I didn't think any of us had got through yet?

I'm not sure where to find it right now, but there's an official statement floating around somewhere about transfers for us after Me We 3 is fixed. There are a few posts in this category about server transfer details which were from people who managed to leave in August. 

kebab6597 #8 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 10:09

Major

• Players
  • 53009 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postscyorkie, on Oct 06 2017 - 08:46, said:

I thought they had postponed it because of some major fibre cable connection that had been damaged over in that part of the world, but they would continue with the transfers once the problem had been solved   

scyorkie #9 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 10:13

Major

• Players
  • 66714 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View Postwrwsadv, on Oct 06 2017 - 16:51, said:

There was an initial group of transfers which happened towards the end of August, but a large portion of us didn't get to go during that one. If you opted in by sending a support ticket before mid-September, you're still eligible for server transfer, but WG postponed the final confirmation and actual transfer to probably mid/late this month. The main reason for this is because a storm wrecked the only cable connecting Australia and the APAC region so the ping there is just as bad as it is here. In other words, a bunch of us are going SoonTM.

View Postkebab6597, on Oct 06 2017 - 17:09, said:

I thought they had postponed it because of some major fibre cable connection that had been damaged over in that part of the world, but they would continue with the transfers once the problem had been solved   

Thanks for the clarifications. I was under the impression that the transfers had already been effected, and therefore thought that the first post in this thread was referring to a second transfer that I wasn't aware of.

Mad_Dog_Seabee #10 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 10:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10193 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--

Wouldn't transferring to the Asian server as an american, give the user some serious ping issues? I know Australian players have serious ping issues playing on NA or EU servers due to the sheer distance from the server host. Am I over-thinking this?

Sorry to toss in a random question like this, but I figure I''ll get a legitimate answer this way; for once.

jarki5 #11 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 10:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 48246 battles

View Postwrwsadv, on Oct 06 2017 - 18:01, said:

For those of you who are transferring to the Asia server and have an interest in competitive play, here's a little summary of what the deal is on Asia right now:

• Clan Wars between the times of 4 and 12 GMT+8. These are split colloquially into the "early TZ" and "late TZ" for obvious reasons. Many english-speaking players favour the 4-8 o'clock times as this is the early/mid evening for them. 
  • The early timezone has only 2 decent quality english-speaking clans playing. PYRO is a blunicum clan looking for players with 2k+ recent. They're currently on both the tier 8 and tier 10 map, and perform fairly consistently due to the lack of any competing clans. The other clan, LIFE, is on the high end of blue/low end of purple and is looking for near-unicum recents. They're mainly known for bullying tier 8s as "they can't get enough active players for 10s." These clans would only be considered above average/good on NA. 
  • The tier 10 early timezone land is currently completely held by the Vietnamese clan VPA, and has not really been contested at all. 
  • There are very little leadership opportunities and the meta is stagnant. LIFE has been dominating 8s and PYRO performing well on 10s since the beginning of time, and the only real infusion of new life was the introduction of foreign clans from Korea and Vietnam. Most clans have set XOs and callers already, and are inflexible to change. 

In other words, the competitive environment for good english-speaking players playing in the earlier timezones (typically Australians) is kind of dry; there's nothing much good for those of us being introduced into the clan scene. PYRO is a decent clan, but isn't particularly special, and LIFE really isn't that great unless you enjoy kicking tier 8 puppies. 

Because of this, I've been considering starting a clan on Asia with the specific goal of injecting life back into the competitive community. If enough transferrers (maybe 20*) express their interest in joining a new, top-end clan on the Asia server, I'll go about creating it, and try to have it in full swing by the next campaign at the end of this year. I have a few contacts on Asia and some calling credentials (check my sig), so there should be very little problem with getting started. The purpose of this thread, in other words, is for players with 2000+ recent wn8 to express their interest in a new clan so I can decide whether I should go about creating it or just join PYRO/LIFE instead. 

*When I say 20, I don't mean just in this forum thread. I'm hoping to get 20 close to the get-go in order to be able to land a bit on the map initially. If I do decide to follow through with this, I'll be pulling in some favours and talking to a lot of current Asia players as well. 

Disclaimer: For those interested, I'm not making any guarantees here; it'll take a lot of work, and this is merely to gauge the interest in the transferring community so I can get an idea of whether it would be viable. Don't come into this with the expectation that we'll have a top clan instantly. It'll probably take a few months if it happens at all. 

​Come over to -1AR- then! Better ping from Perth for you.......

wrwsadv #12 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 11:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9795 battles

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on Oct 06 2017 - 19:37, said:

Wouldn't transferring to the Asian server as an american, give the user some serious ping issues? I know Australian players have serious ping issues playing on NA or EU servers due to the sheer distance from the server host. Am I over-thinking this?

Sorry to toss in a random question like this, but I figure I''ll get a legitimate answer this way; for once.

You're overthinking, though you are correct. I'm Australian and this post is targeted towards other players in the Asia Pacific looking to transfer servers. 

View Postjarki5, on Oct 06 2017 - 19:43, said:

​Come over to -1AR- then! Better ping from Perth for you.......

Thanks for the offer, but you guys aren't quite what I'm looking for. 

Edited by wrwsadv, Oct 06 2017 - 11:02.

Tamagakure #13 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 11:33

Major

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 17740 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Dark here is looking for RAISE or CROWN, and that's it.

SaliasKonstant #14 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 11:36

Private

• Players
  • 10137 battles
I didn't get an email from WG regarding the transfer, although I live in Australia. Sent a ticket yesterday - they essentially told me to f*ck off: "If you cant play with 400 ping on NA, go start a new acc on SEA"... uninstall it is, i fed up with their horrible customer service.

wrwsadv #15 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 11:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9795 battles

View PostTamagakure, on Oct 06 2017 - 20:33, said:

Dark here is looking for RAISE or CROWN, and that's it.

xD Pretty much, I'd feel most at home in those clans, pity they play past midnight and speak predominantly Japanese :arta:

Which is why I'm trying to recreate that kind of environment in the early evening ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users