Servers need reworking

7 replies to this topic

Caboose_1972 #1 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 20:45

Private

• -Players-
  • 1068 battles
  • [HTF] HTF
Playing on US servers and there is only one for central time zone????? What happened to East and West cause I can't play the game pinging at 212 or more every game. Fix your [edited].

wildgooseman #2 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 20:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 35652 battles
  • [-A-8-] -A-8-

Time zones become irrelevant with only one server.... people are either in game or not.

Ping is different though but fwiw I play from the UK and only get 120 ish ping. If you're in the US then it may be your ISP.

Goat_Rodeo #3 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 21:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10986 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

View Postwildgooseman, on Oct 06 2017 - 19:50, said:

Time zones become irrelevant with only one server.... people are either in game or not.

Ping is different though but fwiw I play from the UK and only get 120 ish ping. If you're in the US then it may be your ISP.

Why in the name of all things sacred would you come to the NA server? It's like watching cats in a thunderstorm most days here...

Nudnick #4 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 21:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 23386 battles
The ISP networks in the US are flubbed up beyond belief, so you can't blame just the server. Last year I found out that the cables to my house, and the whole neighborhood were over 30 years old. They put a new one on my house but it didn't help much. The infrastructure in the US is owned by hundreds of different companies and utilities and they're all out to cut each others throats and rip us off as much as possible.

TsarCidron #5 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 21:38

Major

• Players
  • 6596 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
I am out west, some distance from the server..  all systems running normal, with good numbers.   Maybe its not Wargamings  **** that needs to be fixed.

Oddball_Returns #6 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 22:54

Private

• -Players-
  • 14965 battles
  • [RACK] RACK
Its their server for me. I'm at 160 mbps up and 143 mbps down.

wildgooseman #7 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 21:18

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 35652 battles
  • [-A-8-] -A-8-

View PostGoat_Rodeo, on Oct 06 2017 - 21:01, said:

Why in the name of all things sacred would you come to the NA server? It's like watching cats in a thunderstorm most days here...

Oh I agree I would have been way better off on the EU for player base, ping etc. When I started to play my game time was peak time on NA so went for that one. Wasn't until months later I realised you couldn't switch between servers... first game I've played where you couldn't do that.... so am kinda stuck now :(

seejai #8 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 20:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38512 battles
  • [UDSA] UDSA

I use Verizon with fiber optic lines and get well over 100mbps upload and download. This is from Syracuse to NY to NY City. Since going to the Central Server in war torn Chicago, server connection there is glitch at best. Drop signal is chronic and numerous area residents report this out on forums local to the area. Comcast is a major provider there with a very poor track record. I hope you aren't using Comcast as an ISP??? But dropped signal is rampant throughout games now. Speed and frame rate are excellent, but every few seconds there's dropped signal from this Central Chicago server. Why did you chose these worst area and likely the worst ISP to support this game. I have seen membership fall from 30-40,000 people on the old West Server to barely hitting 12-14,000 members on a good day. Are you trying to fix the problem with dropped signals or is this as good as it gets? Please advise, as I am a long term paying member about ready to call it quite. If you have dropped signal issues, it pretty much defeats the purpose of a live online MPG. 

I don't hold much faith in this forum either, as there is rarely any knowledge to be had here, except abusive unintelligent responses, even from the moderators...

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users