Critical Hit

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Double_Penetration_70 #1 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 15:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 38436 battles
Why is it that you get no hp credits for a critical hit? After all a disabling critical hit becomes very important when making the opposing tank unable to move or damage the crew.

GeorgePreddy #2 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 15:53

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

Because... raisins

It's a game... try not to equate what happens in the game to reality.

It is what it is because WG wants it that way.

In this case, it is because you did not remove any irreplaceable hitpoints from the enemy tank, therefore you do not get credit for doing damage. You damaged an item that is totally repairable in-battle, if they gave you credit for that you could scam the system by damaging the same item on the same enemy tank over and over and rack up almost unlimited amounts of damage (think exploiting by counting into the battle with a friend who gets put on the enemy team).

Double_Penetration_70 #3 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 15:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 38436 battles
That response really clarifies everything. Wow.

Rake #4 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 15:56

Major

• Players
  • 49080 battles

View Postairplanes13, on Oct 07 2017 - 09:55, said:

Really?  You've played this game almost 4 years, ask this question, then give a smug response when you don't like an answer?  Really?

_Schneller_Heinz_ #5 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 15:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1931 battles
How many more time you gonna post the same crap????

bockscar43 #6 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 15:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 25371 battles
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Oct 07 2017 - 15:53, said:

Because... raisins

It's a game... try not to equate what happens in the game to reality.

It is what it is because WG wants it that way.

It would seem that you missed the commercials promoting  wots as realistic tank combat......just sayn.

da_Rock002 #7 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 15:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5228 battles

Are you sure that's how it works.

If you pay close attention to the hits reported in the upper left of your window when playing, you just might see one enemy shot produce two lines of reporting.

One line will report the HP you lost, and what enemy caused it.

The next will be a critical hit by that same enemy.

I've looked at after battle reports and replays and darned if a lot of those pairs seem to come from one shot.   

What bothers me is that I've never seen any of my shots kick out two lines of report.  

enjineer #8 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 16:24

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 41901 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Other than the Type 5, "critical" hits is the dumbest part of this game.  Nothing like taking a shot, hearing "critical hit", while the tank you just shot continues on it's merry way. Especially when it's a light armored auto loader that proceeds to dump an entire clip into your tank.

GeorgePreddy #9 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 16:28

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View Postairplanes13, on Oct 07 2017 - 11:55, said:

In this case, it is because you did not remove any irreplaceable hitpoints from the enemy tank, therefore you do not get credit for doing damage. You damaged an item that is totally repairable in-battle, if they gave you credit for that you could scam the system by damaging the same item on the same enemy tank over and over and rack up almost unlimited amounts of damage (think exploiting by counting into the battle with a friend who gets put on the enemy team or simply perma-tracking a legit enemy tank).

GeorgePreddy #10 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 16:38

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View Postbockscar43, on Oct 07 2017 - 11:57, said:

It would seem that you missed the commercials promoting  wots as realistic tank combat......just sayn.

Ah, yes... a bit of hyperbole in a commercial... no one else who advertises is ever guilty of that, right?

LeaveIT2Beaver #11 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 17:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 28284 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

Two words I hate to hear in game ...

WinningWithWarchild #12 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 18:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6905 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
I'm relatively new to the game, but I've learned to ignore "Critical Hit" when I hear it as it means nothing to me.  

GeorgePreddy #13 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 19:37

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostWinningWithWarchild, on Oct 07 2017 - 14:09, said:

I'm relatively new to the game, but I've learned to ignore "Critical Hit" when I hear it as it means nothing to me.  

But it does mean something.

It means you have hit a module and damaged it without destroying it.

For instance, if you damage an ammo rack without exploding it, you have lowered its health hitpoints and made the enemy take much longer to load ammo... also, subsequent hits are far more likely to explode. This is good info.

A crit hit to the fuel tank makes subsequent hits more likely to set a fire, etc.

Capt_Nixon #14 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 19:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4489 battles
  • [FLARE] FLARE

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Oct 07 2017 - 12:37, said:

For instance, if you damage an ammo rack without exploding it, you have lowered its health hitpoints and made the enemy take much longer to load ammo... also, subsequent hits are far more likely to explode. This is good info.

A crit hit to the fuel tank makes subsequent hits more likely to set a fire, etc.

Exactly. A critical hit to a track when you're in a pop-and-shoot fight behind cover gives you the few seconds you may need to move to a more advantageous position with less risk. A critical hit to a turret ring might let you circle your opponent in a relatively slow tank that otherwise couldn't. Etc. It's really good info.

dunniteowl #15 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 20:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 18533 battles

View Postbockscar43, on Oct 07 2017 - 15:57, said:

There is a VAST                                               GULF between Realistic and

Real.

Reality can be replicated in a game to only so much a degree before it becomes a virtual world or simulation of reality.  That said, you can program a game to be REALISTIC

which means that the actions you take in game are mimicked from reality or what we experience as reality in a way that is fluid and smooth, without faulted interruption, thus being REALISTIC without having to remotely be simulated realness.  In this game, realistic means fluid and smooth actions compared to your inputs such that the movement is realistic.  That does not mean it is simulating reality or that realism requires the game to mimic it perfectly.

In this game, the scale of battle is TINY compared to REAL world battles.  Spotting distances, Sixth Sense, Repair Kits, Consumables -- none of those are remotely real or realistic, however their use is predicated on the simulated environment that uses those things for the sake of fast and intense game play.  Yet, no-one complains about all that.  Why?  Because it's a game.

Real and REALISTIC are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS ENTIRELY.

Please, people, get that straight in your heads before you make that whole "real" argument.  Then we can all have the same discussion.

GL, HF & HSYBF

bockscar43 #16 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 21:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 25371 battles
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR

View Postdunniteowl, on Oct 07 2017 - 20:21, said:

There is a VAST                                               GULF between Realistic and

Real.

Reality can be replicated in a game to only so much a degree before it becomes a virtual world or simulation of reality.  That said, you can program a game to be REALISTIC

which means that the actions you take in game are mimicked from reality or what we experience as reality in a way that is fluid and smooth, without faulted interruption, thus being REALISTIC without having to remotely be simulated realness.  In this game, realistic means fluid and smooth actions compared to your inputs such that the movement is realistic.  That does not mean it is simulating reality or that realism requires the game to mimic it perfectly.

In this game, the scale of battle is TINY compared to REAL world battles.  Spotting distances, Sixth Sense, Repair Kits, Consumables -- none of those are remotely real or realistic, however their use is predicated on the simulated environment that uses those things for the sake of fast and intense game play.  Yet, no-one complains about all that.  Why?  Because it's a game.

Please, people, get that straight in your heads before you make that whole "real" argument.  Then we can all have the same discussion.

GL, HF & HSYBF

All I know is when a real round is shot at me what it sounds like and the Hollywood version. 

WinningWithWarchild #17 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 22:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6905 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Oct 07 2017 - 12:37, said:

Well, what I meant is: It doesn't affect anything that I'm doing in game when I hear "Critical Hit" because I rarely get to shoot the same tank twice.  My focus is on death and destruction and the words "Critical Hit" mean something different to me.  What I'd rather hear is "You popped their top!" when I ammo rack someone.  Now THAT would be worth hearing :playing:

Capt_Nixon #18 Posted Oct 07 2017 - 23:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4489 battles
  • [FLARE] FLARE

View Postdunniteowl, on Oct 07 2017 - 13:21, said:

And the biggest difference that profoundly affects decision-making, ability and performance and thus the magnitude of the 'simulation' ... the threat of actual death.  In the absence of this, the behavior and effectiveness of the participants is so radically different from reality that there is no point to the "real" argument. Which is why only 700 "real" M2 Lights were ever built, but are so ubiquitous on WoT low-tier battlefields. 

Nothing about any of it even begins to approach "real".

WinningWithWarchild #19 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 14:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6905 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I'm in a Stronghold match last night.  It comes down to 2v2.  Enemy tank with 500 HP goes dark right as I fire at him but I still hear "Critical Hit."  Moments later, enemy tank reappears and still has 500 HP.

Thank you "Critical Hit" for letting me know whatever it is you let me know, but we need to get a dictionary out and expand your vocabulary to be more specific.  Ain't nothing "Critical" about those hits.

:trollface:

da_Rock002 #20 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 14:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5228 battles

View PostWinningWithWarchild, on Oct 09 2017 - 08:06, said:

I'm in a Stronghold match last night.  It comes down to 2v2.  Enemy tank with 500 HP goes dark right as I fire at him but I still hear "Critical Hit."  Moments later, enemy tank reappears and still has 500 HP.

Thank you "Critical Hit" for letting me know whatever it is you let me know, but we need to get a dictionary out and expand your vocabulary to be more specific.  Ain't nothing "Critical" about those hits.

:trollface:

Nothing critical about those hits?

You sure of that?    They usually turn your situation into a much more critical one, don't they?

I just left what was going to be a fun couple of hours after the 1st battles were chock-full-of-crits.    And lopsided losses.  This game can really waste your time sometimes.

Looking forward to the next session????    :ohmy:     :D      not really... 

Edited by da_Rock002, Oct 09 2017 - 14:54.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users