Free to Play. Pay to Win

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

_Tsavo #41 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 03:14

Major

• Players
  • 38365 battles

View Postg4143, on Oct 08 2017 - 20:45, said:

Case in point... Do you remember all the 'experts' trotting out my stats and claiming I'm a terrible player?

Well, your stats do kind of indicate that you're not a good player and the thread subjects you've made only reinforce that.

View Postg4143, on Oct 08 2017 - 20:45, said:

Why is it so impossible for players to admit that some tanks are better than others? The official docs for the tanks do that very thing.

I don't think anyone will argue that there aren't tanks worse than others.

uberdice #42 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 10:26

Major

• Players
  • 22998 battles

View Postg4143, on Oct 09 2017 - 11:45, said:

And what yard stick do you use to measure a good player in WOT? Yeah you use their stats. Thank-you for demonstrating my point.

Case in point... Do you remember all the 'experts' trotting out my stats and claiming I'm a terrible player?

Why is it so impossible for players to admit that some tanks are better than others? The official docs for the tanks do that very thing.

Regardless of the quality of your tanks, the stats you have in the tanks you do play are objectively terrible compared to others who play the same tanks.

The relative power of your tanks compared to the opposition is very far away from the real reason you aren't performing well.

Ripping #43 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 13:44

Captain

• Players
  • 18146 battles
  • [MOGS] MOGS

The fact is, the OP is beyond help.

He wants excuses for being bad, since it cannot be himself that is useless.

The game is Pay2Win? Please... I pay and I suck LOL

But I am improving (Wish I hadn't had played first 1500 games in a Lowe and failed)

But the OP is clueless, beyond understanding basic mechanics of the game and i, and will continue to argue his point for not sucking and blaming the game.

dunniteowl #44 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 17:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 18790 battles

I rest my case: You are being purposely DENSE.  Until you change your view I will no longer attempt to discuss anything of this nature with you.  It's not worth my time.

In the meantime, though, I do wish you well and

GL, HF & HSYBF

_Tsavo #45 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 17:47

Major

• Players
  • 38365 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Oct 09 2017 - 11:32, said:

I rest my case: You are being purposely DENSE.  Until you change your view I will no longer attempt to discuss anything of this nature with you.  It's not worth my time.

In the meantime, though, I do wish you well and

GL, HF & HSYBF

So long as his posts remain in the Newcomer's section of the forum, they'll be rebuked so as to not sucker in brand new players.

dunniteowl #46 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 17:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 18790 battles
Oh, Tsavo, you misunderstand.  I, too, will continue to refute, just not for his sake.  As I said, I won't discuss it with him, not fail to discuss it at all.  ;)

_Tsavo #47 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 18:03

Major

• Players
  • 38365 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Oct 09 2017 - 11:56, said:

Oh, Tsavo, you misunderstand.  I, too, will continue to refute, just not for his sake.  As I said, I won't discuss it with him, not fail to discuss it at all.  ;)

Ah, I gotcha.  I did misunderstand that.  Apologies, good sir!

the_Deadly_Bulb #48 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 18:10

Major

• Players
  • 18761 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postg4143, on Oct 08 2017 - 17:40, said:

And that's a great argument for better players but it doesn't address the fact that some tanks are better than others.

Let me make my example extreme so you will witness it.

You are using a M3 Lee and another player with the same skill is using a AMX M4 mle. 49. Now who is going to 'consistently' win in that situation? Yeah the user that has the AMX M4 mle. 49.

Again for the record the Lee takes a certain understanding to play. Its not a great tank or even a good one, but if you want to get to the M4 variants or the T-29 then you are just going to have to do the best you can and grind through it, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DID.

To your assertion regarding the M3 Lee vs the AMX M4 mle.49, this is exactly what Owl was referring to.

You're apparently too inexperienced with the game to realise that a T-IV like the M3 Lee will never be in the same match as the T-VIII AMX M4 mle.49. That only happens in your fertile imagination.

You're "point" is therefore without merit sir.

the_Deadly_Bulb #49 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 18:19

Major

• Players
  • 18761 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Post_Tsavo, on Oct 09 2017 - 08:47, said:

So long as his posts remain in the Newcomer's section of the forum, they'll be rebuked so as to not sucker in brand new players.

Agreed, the more experienced players should continue to wither these nonsensical posts.

Better to stop the application of foil on the part of new players that may read this fluff, than to try to tear it off the already established escapists.

Some people just can't get around the fact they aren't doing very well, and its because they need to learn the game (and learn from their mistakes). They'd rather just make excuses and accusations than make the effort to learn the game.

Players can try to explain reality all they want, the foil is thick on some, positively impenetrable on others.

It becomes a salve for sucking. :facepalm:

OldFrog75 #50 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 20:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8109 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Oct 09 2017 - 18:19, said:

Agreed, the more experienced players should continue to wither these nonsensical posts.

Better to stop the application of foil on the part of new players that may read this fluff, than to try to tear it off the already established escapists.

Some people just can't get around the fact they aren't doing very well, and its because they need to learn the game (and learn from their mistakes). They'd rather just make excuses and accusations than make the effort to learn the game.

Players can try to explain reality all they want, the foil is thick on some, positively impenetrable on others.

It becomes a salve for sucking. :facepalm:

Made me laugh...thanks for that  :honoring:

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #51 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 20:35

Captain

• Players
  • 65845 battles

OP, you have a very poor service record. Since you have only played about 3K battles, it's perfectly understandable. It takes many games to fully appreciate the game mechanics. Personally, it took me a heck of a lot more than 3K games.

Given that, I don't think you are in a position to say this is a pay to win game. I guarantee that if you bought the best tier 8 premium tank money could buy, you would still not fare very well in it. I'm not trying to be personally insulting to you, it's just the reality of it. A person who does not fully comprehend the game mechanics will not perform well, regardless of what tank he is in.

g4143 #52 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 02:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6961 battles
Don't you find it odd that the members must ignore reality to hold onto their positions? Its a special kind of ignorance that ignores reality.

dunniteowl #53 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 02:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 18790 battles

View Postg4143, on Oct 10 2017 - 02:28, said:

Don't you find it odd that the members must ignore reality to hold onto their positions? Its a special kind of ignorance that ignores reality.

Wow.

:O

OvO

_Tsavo #54 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 02:45

Major

• Players
  • 38365 battles

View Postg4143, on Oct 09 2017 - 20:28, said:

Irony?

VooDooKobra #55 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 03:06

Major

• Players
  • 6664 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View Postg4143, on Oct 09 2017 - 18:28, said:

do you wanna be the pot or the kettle?

Firemoth #56 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 03:21

Major

• Players
  • 35551 battles

View Postg4143, on Oct 10 2017 - 11:28, said:

sick burn.

ff8ff8 #57 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 03:56

Captain

• Players
  • 18006 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View Postg4143, on Oct 09 2017 - 17:28, said:

....Were you addressing yourself?

I have spent at least 2/3s of my total games without a premium account.
I have bought an IS-6, that I don't ever touch.

So by your logic, if I were to start free ping everything and shooting prem rounds I'd transcend to godhood?

NK_33 #58 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 04:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 17198 battles

View Postg4143, on Oct 07 2017 - 13:17, said:

Does anyone else notice that this game, as you progress through the tiers, becomes more and more about pay and less and less about skill?

PS. I'm surprised WOT hasn't sold ad space in its game. You could have an ad play while you are waiting for the count down to complete.

The economy is specifically designed that unless you are a phenomenal player, high tier tech tree tanks aren't profitable.  The credit earnings versus repair costs curves come to a sweet spot at tier 5 and 6, so unless you've got a stable of tier 8 premiums, you have to play tier 5 and 6 to finance your higher tier gameplay.

As for high tier game play, my rule is 'if I can't make an average profit at a tier/on a tank, I wait until I'm more skilled to play it'.

I have the Czech T10 and can make a small average profit with it, but most of my tier 8 tech tree tanks are money sinks, so I need to improve my skill at the game.

Doomslinger__ #59 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 11:23

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles
I have watched some of the popular twitch streamers who were starting a new crew in a tank with no skills trained yet. They had better stats with a no skill crew than I could get with a 5 skilled crew in the tank they were playing. They showed their session stats each time they played it and they were way above what most of use could achieve even if we used much better crews in the tank.

Unsacred #60 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 17:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17578 battles

View Postg4143, on Oct 07 2017 - 16:17, said:

Does anyone else notice that this game, as you progress through the tiers, becomes more and more about pay and less and less about skill?

You hear the wot experts claim that its skill that wins the battles but you also hear from the experts that must get your tank and research all your modules and then train your crew and then add all your additional/essential modules and elite your tank by getting the next tank in line and then hope the RNG favors you... And this takes 100's of hours of playing to gain this without whipping out your credit card. Did I also mention this only 'marginally' increases the features of your base tank? Now if skill is the major factor here then why do you have to play all those 100's of hours to add and research and train and are at the mercy of the RNG? Shouldn't a skilled player be able to do that without al those modules and research and training and etc? No! You must go through that ritual every time you unlock the next tank if you hope to be competitive at any level above tier 1.

Look I'm not complaining about the business model wot uses(they are a business after all), I'm complaining about the so called experts who think skill is a major factor in playing this game when its not. You can't and I mean can't win consistently without investing 100's of hours into a tank or wiping out the credit card and purchasing your crew skills and modules and/or premium tanks. 

The bottom line is - If you want to consistently do better then you have to invest huge amounts of time into a tank to make it marginally better or you wipe out your credit card and purchase a premium tank and instantly become a much better tanker.

Let me save all the wot experts the response. Yeah I know I'm new and yeah I know my averages are terrible but I'm not dense. I can see how the premium tanks can outperform the standard tanks.

WOT experts. I want you to answer truthfully. Do you think you would win more consistently with a premium tank(that plays to your strengths) or a standard tank(without 100's of hours of play time to outfit the tank to be competitive) from the tree? 

Like I said, this is not a complaint aimed at WOT(a business has to make a profit) but at the so called wot experts.

PS. I'm surprised WOT hasn't sold ad space in its game. You could have an ad play while you are waiting for the count down to complete.

Feeding time for a Troll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users