20 replies to this topic

Necrodemus #1 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 01:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25251 battles

Simple thing for all the new players to know, 

take your time playing the game

dont be worried about high tiers

whoever said players in higher tiers are good......... is a liar, they suck just as much in high tiers as they do in low tiers.

Peak_Bagger #2 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 02:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8374 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View PostNecrodemus, on Oct 09 2017 - 01:52, said:

whoever said players in higher tiers are good......... is a liar, they suck just as much in high tiers as they do in low tiers.

I've seen this written before and just I don't believe that's the case. Sure, you'll get some ineptitude at every tier, but I find that the higher the tier, the more likely I am to be schooled. I venture into Tier VII and VIII when I'm having a good session and always find the level of play in general to be better. And that only makes sense.

Viper69 #3 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 02:18

Major

• Players
  • 7440 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
A monkey playing this game long enough banging away on the keys will eventually be in a T10 tank. Tier is no representation of skill or knowledge of game mechanics.

NeroGermanicus #4 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 04:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 38002 battles
  • [HAX] HAX

View PostPeak_Bagger, on Oct 08 2017 - 19:11, said:

I've seen this written before and just I don't believe that's the case. Sure, you'll get some ineptitude at every tier, but I find that the higher the tier, the more likely I am to be schooled. I venture into Tier VII and VIII when I'm having a good session and always find the level of play in general to be better. And that only makes sense.

I totally disagree with you on this. I played too many battles as a scrub simply wanting to move onto the next tank. The hell with learning how to play what I was in, that's for noobs! It has been a long road and if I re rolled I bet my PR would be higher than it is now. Takes alot of good decent games to overcome 10k really awful ones.

Necrodemus #5 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 05:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25251 battles

View PostPeak_Bagger, on Oct 09 2017 - 02:11, said:

useless players all over t7 t8 t9 t10, i have decided that the guys in these forums who keep saying its better in higher tiers are just trying to brag on themselves, typically a guy in a clan with awesome ratings that he got while platooning or clan wars or rated ect, with help from others. yes you see these players in higher tier games but big whoop, unless they are top tier and theres a platoon of them, who cares they get swallowed up by the window lickers as the rest do........ so screw the idiots who laugh because i play 23k games in my t5 stug, 

oldewolfe #6 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 10:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11036 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

He's right, you still get Knuckleheads in the Upper Tiers as well...      I was asked over the Weekend, Why play a Team Game if I didn't think the Team was worth my Time....      Before I could Answer they were Blown Out, so, I'll Answer here....

I haven't seen a TEAM in at least the last 2 or 3 Patches, and even Prior to that the TEAM was getting Scarce....     Not as Bad as late, but it was on a Shallow Decline not this whole Bottom has Dropped Out mess we have had lately...      

Some is the RNG changes where Disperssion goes and some is in the MM, but that part is Minor overall, Most is the Combined Servers....     The Play Styles on the East and West weren't really the Same, kinda like NA vs EU isn't the same...     It's just not Meshing very well and needs Growing into really....     Unfortunately, it's also Killing the Fun and turning it into Work...

I haven't had a Good/Reasonable Game in Forever due to Camping when there should be Spotting or Pushes, Lemming Trains that get Stalled or Run Over by Inferior Numbers of Lesser Experienced Players because no one wants to Damage their Pixels, or YOLO Scouts that when they DO Spot Tanks either get Vaporized or No One shoits what they do Spot....       I've seen more End Runs because a Side can't hold off 1 or 2 Tanks that ends up being a Flood of Red in the last Week alone than I ought to....      

I think some of the whole thing is the Overall Dissatisfaction of the Players, they aren't All In like they used to be, and that's not Good....

Edited by oldewolfe, Oct 09 2017 - 10:48.

Silverleaf_Nightraven #7 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 11:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10612 battles
  • [6PANZ] 6PANZ

View PostNecrodemus, on Oct 08 2017 - 21:04, said:

useless players all over t7 t8 t9 t10, i have decided that the guys in these forums who keep saying its better in higher tiers are just trying to brag on themselves, typically a guy in a clan with awesome ratings that he got while platooning or clan wars or rated ect, with help from others. yes you see these players in higher tier games but big whoop, unless they are top tier and theres a platoon of them, who cares they get swallowed up by the window lickers as the rest do........ so screw the idiots who laugh because i play 23k games in my t5 stug, 

Stugs rule. And you are correct. High tier game play is just as bad as T1 and T2. 

uberdice #8 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 12:46

Major

• Players
  • 22611 battles

View PostNecrodemus, on Oct 09 2017 - 10:52, said:

Must be why your high tier win rates line up with your low tier win rates.

Oh wait no they don't, because you, like the vast majority of potatoes who play this game, struggle in high tiers because you can't just farm new players like you can in tier 5.

There is more skilled opposition in high tiers. This is a fact. Yes, there are still scrubs, as evidenced by your own tragic high tier service record, but you are far more likely to encounter actual good players than you are when you're seal clubbing.

Evilcleric #9 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 13:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 7655 battles
  • [RCMEC] RCMEC

why rush tier is tempting? Below 2 of many reasons

1- More content. New maps, New modes. I liked to play 1x1 and 3x3 tournaments, that means for play more i needed to have at least one tank from each tier. And because i dont have tier ix and x i cant play certains modes.

2- Prizes. Tank rewards and other missions normally need tier four or higher. But is much easier to finish quests with higher tier tank. I remember needing more than fours hours to finish xp quests while now i need +- 1 hour (+100% xp reserve) and if i get more higher tier tanks maybe will be faster.

Edited by Evilcleric, Oct 09 2017 - 13:10.

Ripping #10 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 13:46

Captain

• Players
  • 17494 battles
  • [MOGS] MOGS

Agreed...

Sadly (one particular person Mean...... like the film with Burt Reynolds) Boasts how in 4 months he will have 2 tier 10's... Sadly he also has a 43% WR and does average 13 damage per game in his Tiger 2.

This is the problem with rushing... There is no need, the tier 10 is going nowhere.

the_Deadly_Bulb #11 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 19:05

Captain

• Players
  • 17790 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Literally the only difference I see in the higher tiers is the amount of prammo flying around. That's it.

While some players do play exceptionally well in the higher tiers, there are still legions of players falling like toddlers 'up there'.

GeorgePreddy #12 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 19:15

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View Postuberdice, on Oct 09 2017 - 08:46, said:

Oh wait no they don't, because you, like the vast majority of potatoes who play this game, struggle in high tiers because you can't just farm new players like you can in tier 5.

There is more skilled opposition in high tiers. This is a fact. Yes, there are still scrubs, as evidenced by your own tragic high tier service record, but you are far more likely to encounter actual good players than you are when you're seal clubbing.

uber... you must know by now that your logic and truths are not well received by many of the great unwashed forum masses... I, for one, am glad that you persevere.

Necrodemus #13 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 20:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25251 battles

View Postuberdice, on Oct 09 2017 - 12:46, said:

lol@u congratz on getting where you are with help of others, typical wot [edited]that thinks all are beneath them.

georgepetty has been there all along too, ready to talk down to anyone who goes against them. 

Dont really care what these tools think, reality is truth and you kids are in another reality then whats going on.

dunniteowl #14 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 20:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 18414 battles

View PostNecrodemus, on Oct 09 2017 - 01:52, said:

I am pretty much THE forum contrarian in this regard.  I have advocated slow advancement, taking time to learn as much as you can at each tier and do your best to enjoy the game at every level.

To this end I provide some evidence to that and hope that new players will read and heed...

Tier 10 Players Can Be Clueless Noobs

The Quality of Low Tier Gameplay

Tier V is the best learning level for new players?

Questions.

You can learn at any tier and the more you learn early and keep your crews, the better they will be when they get to upper tier play.  You will end up probably spending most of your "quality" gaming at tiers 5-7 for a while, though I urge you this, "Don't be in a hurry."  I grind a few new units in new lines and have a mission to play each unit at least a hundred times or to 50% if I can't do it before then.  I'm putting up or shutting up and, as a board game war game designer myself, I can tell you that I can appreciate the level of effort placed into this game.  I'm having a blast even when it's difficult and, honestly, the challenge to play well and not get rekt exists at every tier I play as far as I see.

Play, learn, enjoy.

Survive

Do Damage

Help Your Team

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OldFrog75 #15 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 20:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7213 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postdunniteowl, on Oct 09 2017 - 20:21, said:

I am pretty much THE forum contrarian in this regard.  I have advocated slow advancement, taking time to learn as much as you can at each tier and do your best to enjoy the game at every level.

To this end I provide some evidence to that and hope that new players will read and heed...

Questions.

You can learn at any tier and the more you learn early and keep your crews, the better they will be when they get to upper tier play.  You will end up probably spending most of your "quality" gaming at tiers 5-7 for a while, though I urge you this, "Don't be in a hurry."  I grind a few new units in new lines and have a mission to play each unit at least a hundred times or to 50% if I can't do it before then.  I'm putting up or shutting up and, as a board game war game designer myself, I can tell you that I can appreciate the level of effort placed into this game.  I'm having a blast even when it's difficult and, honestly, the challenge to play well and not get rekt exists at every tier I play as far as I see.

Play, learn, enjoy.

Survive

Do Damage

Help Your Team

GL, HF & HSYBF!

Yep....

Necrodemus #16 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 21:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25251 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Oct 09 2017 - 20:21, said:

Questions.

Play, learn, enjoy.

Survive

Do Damage

Help Your Team

GL, HF & HSYBF!

herehere, upvote for you.

WangOnTheLoose #17 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 21:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21216 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostPeak_Bagger, on Oct 08 2017 - 20:11, said:

I think once you get into Tier V there isn't much difference.  Lots of good players and bad players in each tier after that.

uberdice #18 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 10:27

Major

• Players
  • 22611 battles

View PostNecrodemus, on Oct 10 2017 - 05:18, said:

lol@u congratz on getting where you are with help of others, typical wot [edited]that thinks all are beneath them.

georgepetty has been there all along too, ready to talk down to anyone who goes against them. 

Dont really care what these tools think, reality is truth and you kids are in another reality then whats going on.

Yeah, nah.

If there are just as many scrubs at high tier as there are at low tiers, how come your win rate drops like a rock past tier 6?

If you're playing against the same average quality of players, shouldn't your results be consistent across tiers?

You're clearly out of touch with reality if you think that increasing relative skill has nothing to do with this.

Doomslinger__ #19 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 10:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

View Postuberdice, on Oct 09 2017 - 07:46, said:

This is true. It is more difficult to win the higher in tier you play. A 60% player at tier 5 might be a 45% player in tiers 9 or 10. A 51% player in tier 5 would probably be a complete tomato in tanks above tier 7. It is a lot easier to win at lower tiers simply because tanks have less health and armor. The time it takes to eliminate a couple of tanks on a flank is much lower in mid and lower tiers compared to high tiers. You need much more skill to impact your win rate in higher tiers because of this. Also, if a player can get an average 55% w/r at mid tiers but only 50% or lower at high tiers, wouldn't this prove to them that it is more difficult and takes a lot more skill to win at higher tiers? Seems obvious to me. I could play my pz38t and win around 66% in it overall and possibly higher if I put a really good crew in it but does this represent my real skill? Nope. I was just clubbing new players that probably had bad crews, no equipment and stock tanks. I move up to tier 5 and play some tanks close to 60% level but does this make me a 60% player? Nope. Again, clubbing newer players etc for that 60% w/r. Once I play above tier 7, my w/r starts to drop in a lot of tanks because that is where real skill starts to come into play to matter in your stats. 

Edited by Doomslinger__, Oct 10 2017 - 11:03.

Necrodemus #20 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 14:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25251 battles

View PostDoomslinger__, on Oct 10 2017 - 10:53, said:

This is true. It is more difficult to win the higher in tier you play. A 60% player at tier 5 might be a 45% player in tiers 9 or 10. A 51% player in tier 5 would probably be a complete tomato in tanks above tier 7. It is a lot easier to win at lower tiers simply because tanks have less health and armor. The time it takes to eliminate a couple of tanks on a flank is much lower in mid and lower tiers compared to high tiers. You need much more skill to impact your win rate in higher tiers because of this. Also, if a player can get an average 55% w/r at mid tiers but only 50% or lower at high tiers, wouldn't this prove to them that it is more difficult and takes a lot more skill to win at higher tiers? Seems obvious to me. I could play my pz38t and win around 66% in it overall and possibly higher if I put a really good crew in it but does this represent my real skill? Nope. I was just clubbing new players that probably had bad crews, no equipment and stock tanks. I move up to tier 5 and play some tanks close to 60% level but does this make me a 60% player? Nope. Again, clubbing newer players etc for that 60% w/r. Once I play above tier 7, my w/r starts to drop in a lot of tanks because that is where real skill starts to come into play to matter in your stats. 

spoken like a true reroller

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users