The game is ruined, and Wargaming doesn't care.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

WarMongers #41 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 19:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12698 battles

View Postbikebudha1, on Oct 09 2017 - 12:06, said:

The route cause of all of this is WG does a horrible job of educating players.  This game is more complex than 'point and shoot'.  Until they vastly increase the player education, we'll be stuck with 80% tomato player base.  The only other thing they could do is balance skill between teams, so at least we wouldn't have to carry 13 reds against a team with only 3 reds.

Not many games educate players.  And reds are far more plentiful then anything else so short of uni only MM you will always have to deal with it. lol

8bit_Gamer #42 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 19:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13955 battles

View PostAugustus_GoldNoob_Sohn, on Oct 09 2017 - 05:44, said:

So- with your argument laid out as to why the game is ruined: how would you fix it?

Not that I agree with the OP in any way...

It's not his job to fix anything. His only necessary contribution in order to have an opinion is to play the game. He is not a WG employee or a game developer. It's WG's job to make their game enjoyable for the player base....not ours.

LeatherHeads #43 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 20:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 83892 battles
  • [AO] AO
I have to agree on some of this.  The game has taken a turn for the worst since the move to a central server.  There has always been lopsided battles in this game, try having 2 really good games in a row and see what happens on the third?  IMOP I feel the root of the problem is the toxic chat with the younger players. From 1200 eastern to about 2200 eastern.  During this time you get the younger players coming in.  When you had 2 servers there was a  balance with the kids, now there is no where for them to go and it is like combining 2 kindergarten classes.  An easy fix for this would be for them to make it so that when you get killed, you are out.  No more ranting and crying that it is everyone else's problem that you got killed, just the fact that you are dead.  You can watch, or go to the garage but you cannot communicate. I myself have the game uninstalled at this time due to connection issues with the new central server and documented proof with all the third party apps WOT endorses.  We all can only hope that WOT is listening (lol) and can come up with a magical up-date to fix all this (sure). I myself don't see this happening anytime soon so I just monitor the forum and email right now for changes.

Asassian7 #44 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 22:35

Major

• Players
  • 23940 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostSPACEDUDE71, on Oct 10 2017 - 00:29, said:

You are below average. 

All you do is snide remarks in these forums. Are you upset that your stats are so bad you need to come here and chastise strangers?

Except hes right...

Slunt #45 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 23:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 31411 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

3 years of lies only to be undone by their own hands with the patent US 8425330 B1 filled by WarGaming in 2012 and published April 23, 2013 - Dynamic battle session matchmaking in a multiplayer game

"

As the player's win/loss ratio decreases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the lower end of the allowable range, whereas as the player's win/loss ratio increases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the upper end of the allowable range. Thus, when a player has been repeatedly put into too many difficult battles, the balancing is done in favor of easier battle sessions, thereby encouraging the player by providing an easier game environment. Similarly, when the player has been repeatedly put into too many easy battles, the balancing is done in favor of harder battle sessions, thereby keeping the player challenged instead of letting the player become bored with easy games. A first possible algorithm is to divide the permissible battle levels evenly across a range from zero (0) to two (2), and place the vehicle into the battle level corresponding to the win/loss ratio, where any ratio greater than two (2) automatically results in the vehicle being placed in the highest possible battle level. Another possible algorithm is to increase the battle level by one (within the permissible range) for a vehicle each time a player wins a battle with that vehicle, and decrease the battle level by one (within the permissible range) each time a player loses a battle with that vehicle. If the battle level is already at the upper end of the range and the player wins the battle, the battle level may remain constant. Similarly, if the battle level is already at the lower end of the range and the player loses the battle, the battle level may remain constant.

The MM is rigged to force players in the 50% win ratio.

WG also said in numerous Q&A's that the radio does not have an influence in detecting enemy ... ok, then why this:
An increased Signal Range value, in turn, may allow the vehicle to detect enemies at greater distances during game play, making the player more competitive against opponents and resulting in an enhanced gameplay experience for that player.
found in patent US 20130090161 A1 - Using and Exporting Experience Gained in a Video Game published April 11, 2013.

Another lie by WarGaming? bet your [edited]it is!

Funny how various aspects of the game get clearly described in patents rather than various Q&A sessions .

These are quoted from 4 years ago.  Don't know how true these are, could all be bull5hit,  but as a US patent holder myself, seems plausible.

uberdice #46 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 10:30

Major

• Players
  • 22787 battles

View PostSlunt, on Oct 10 2017 - 08:40, said:

3 years of lies only to be undone by their own hands with the patent US 8425330 B1 filled by WarGaming in 2012 and published April 23, 2013 - Dynamic battle session matchmaking in a multiplayer game

"

As the player's win/loss ratio decreases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the lower end of the allowable range, whereas as the player's win/loss ratio increases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the upper end of the allowable range. Thus, when a player has been repeatedly put into too many difficult battles, the balancing is done in favor of easier battle sessions, thereby encouraging the player by providing an easier game environment. Similarly, when the player has been repeatedly put into too many easy battles, the balancing is done in favor of harder battle sessions, thereby keeping the player challenged instead of letting the player become bored with easy games. A first possible algorithm is to divide the permissible battle levels evenly across a range from zero (0) to two (2), and place the vehicle into the battle level corresponding to the win/loss ratio, where any ratio greater than two (2) automatically results in the vehicle being placed in the highest possible battle level. Another possible algorithm is to increase the battle level by one (within the permissible range) for a vehicle each time a player wins a battle with that vehicle, and decrease the battle level by one (within the permissible range) each time a player loses a battle with that vehicle. If the battle level is already at the upper end of the range and the player wins the battle, the battle level may remain constant. Similarly, if the battle level is already at the lower end of the range and the player loses the battle, the battle level may remain constant.

The MM is rigged to force players in the 50% win ratio.

WG also said in numerous Q&A's that the radio does not have an influence in detecting enemy ... ok, then why this:
An increased Signal Range value, in turn, may allow the vehicle to detect enemies at greater distances during game play, making the player more competitive against opponents and resulting in an enhanced gameplay experience for that player.
found in patent US 20130090161 A1 - Using and Exporting Experience Gained in a Video Game published April 11, 2013.

Another lie by WarGaming? bet your [edited]it is!

Funny how various aspects of the game get clearly described in patents rather than various Q&A sessions .

These are quoted from 4 years ago.  Don't know how true these are, could all be bull5hit,  but as a US patent holder myself, seems plausible.

Now read the whole patent instead of copy-pasting what that pubbie wrote in that excuse for an article on his website.

SOB_Tenato #47 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 13:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18962 battles
Actually I'm playing from T5 to T9 and games are a lot closer than it used to be right after the merge. Things seem to be levelling out regarding gameplay. Most fun or longer games for me are on T6 - T7 and worse is T8. Having fun overall. Snowballs still happen but not as often as right after servers merge.

cnumartyr #48 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 13:52

Captain

• Players
  • 9936 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
I took a break for 3 years.  Game is significantly better than it was.  I don't like always being bottom tier but it is what it is.

Also that patent has NOTHING TO DO WITH 50% WIN RATES.  It has to do with battle level.  If you lose a bunch they give you a high tier game.  Battle tier doesn't impact wins, team composition does.

Urabouttudie #49 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 14:01

Captain

• Players
  • 19145 battles

View Postcnumartyr, on Oct 10 2017 - 04:52, said:

Also that patent has NOTHING TO DO WITH 50% WIN RATES. It has to do with battle level. If you lose a bunch they give you a high tier game. Battle tier doesn't impact wins, team composition does.

Do you guys even read the crap you post?

Also that patent has NOTHING TO DO WITH 50% WIN RATES. ...If you lose a bunch they give you a high tier game.

So....they are controlling the player experience through control of the matchmaker???

...Battle tier doesn't impact wins, team composition does.

I think you need to visit that other very popular post in which many, many players are VERY unhappy being less than top tier for a majority of their battles because they have a harder time winning...

Yea...being reliant upon your teammates in this game has zero impact on an individual's experience....is that really what you are saying?

3/5/7 MM just made it all that much more obvious to hide this fact...WG controls your battle experience.

sergeantmine09 #50 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 14:25

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10810 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostPanzerdoug, on Oct 09 2017 - 06:35, said:

With the new garbage match making, and combining of servers, anything below tier 9 is horrible to play (unless you are either an incredible player or cheating).  And, with all the new premium tanks, more and more non-skilled players and noobs are getting pushing into higher tier games.  Thus, the amount of 5-15, 4-15, 3-15, 2-15, 1-15 and 0-15 games are happening far more often.  This is supposed to be fun???  It is a joke, on all of us that Wargaming doesn't cater to (and who do they cater to?  Unicums).

You forget, as long as they make money of the idea, it is working as intended

jimiKI #51 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 07:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 40045 battles
  • [SATU] SATU
I'm a wallet warrior and i love this game.. (Best online Tanks Game Ever) :teethhappy:

StiffWind #52 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 08:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9602 battles

View PostColonelShakes, on Oct 09 2017 - 08:26, said:

1.  MM is better than it was

2. Combining the servers made MM better.

3. Except Tier 1 and 2, I have a great time usually.  Do not have a Tier 10 yet so cannot speak to that.

4.  I play vanilla, and I am an average player , and I find the game fun.

5.  You are an entitled POS that simply needs to stop posting useless , false crocodile tear tirades, and uninstall the game.  Don't forget to sell your premiums for credits first.

How about you stop your whining and let folks have their say?

uberdice #53 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 09:49

Major

• Players
  • 22787 battles

View PostStiffWind, on Oct 11 2017 - 17:35, said:

How about you stop your whining and let folks have their say?

The person you quoted is literally not even the one whining.

CCCP_GDR #54 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 11:28

Captain

• Players
  • 71996 battles

View PostAugustus_GoldNoob_Sohn, on Oct 08 2017 - 21:44, said:

So- with your argument laid out as to why the game is ruined: how would you fix it?

TWO WAYS TO FIX THIS GAME:

#1 NO MORE FREE GOLD to any clans or Uniscum!

#2 And MOST IMPORTANT.......  Fix the LAGGED SERVERS!

There you have it. game fixed.

To lose and be able to move, drive and play normally is not so bad.

Losing and having it due to you not being able to even play due to lag is the worst of all.

Uniscum get free gold handed to them, thus no hard work to grind any tech tree and top tier vehicles are handed to them.

uberdice #55 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 13:30

Major

• Players
  • 22787 battles

View PostCCCP_GDR, on Oct 11 2017 - 20:28, said:

TWO WAYS TO FIX THIS GAME:

#1 NO MORE FREE GOLD to any clans or Uniscum!

#2 And MOST IMPORTANT.......  Fix the LAGGED SERVERS!

There you have it. game fixed.

To lose and be able to move, drive and play normally is not so bad.

Losing and having it due to you not being able to even play due to lag is the worst of all.

Uniscum get free gold handed to them, thus no hard work to grind any tech tree and top tier vehicles are handed to them.

I always wonder what goes on in the minds of people who hate others for being better than them at a hobby.

Beornotns #56 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 13:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20901 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

I disagree, but please...  do keep complaining.

~B

Deputy276 #57 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 16:03

Major

• Players
  • 17259 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

I will quote Mongoosejake's excellent post from another thread:

I can, with a straight face, say that I personally do not mind one bit being bottom tier in this new MM system. If I'm -2 on the team list, it means that the battle is following the 3/5/7 rule and there are 7 enemies of equal tier to me that I can go kill, and 5 more that are only 1 tier higher that I can handle.

That only leaves 3 that will be a tough fight if I have to take them on. Which, if a bottom tier tank is forced into a match-up against one of the enemy top tier tanks, something has went drastically wrong. 

Pick your fights and choose ones you can easily win. This newer MM makes that easier, because now you're not the only tier 6 in a tier 8 dominated battle (I have been the lone tier 6 on both teams before, with the rest being nothing but 8's before the MM was re-worked).

-Now, about not being able to damage the top tier tanks... You always can. If you're in your Vk20.01d (your second most played medium tank, and one that I also have had since it first was introduced) and forced to fight say a KV-85 because your top tier tanks are dead and that KV-85 is trying to cap out for the win and you are the only one near enough to reset... What you do is dig out some of that 130mm of pen APCR and punch a hole through him at range. You use your camo advantage and reset him a few times and bam! You're the hero for your team as they cap out the enemy base.  Just a imaginative example, but you can picture that actually occuring, and that's just one instance. Bottom tier always has a chance. Always. It might be a hard fight with a slim chance, but it's still possible for a bottom tier tank to carry a battle. 

StiffWind #58 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 18:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9602 battles

View Postuberdice, on Oct 11 2017 - 09:49, said:

The person you quoted is literally not even the one whining.

He's whining about who he considers to be a whiner.  The whining about "whiners" is the most common and consistent post in any thread where somebody voices a non-contented opinion around here.  Just let folks have their say...and don't post if you have nothing constructive to add.

SpitYoYoMafia #59 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 18:51

Major

• Players
  • 17789 battles

It also sucks that you have to rely on your top tiers a lot more.

Can we just go back to the old mm please and make it so that you can't be the only t8 in a T10 game?

That's one of the only fixes that I wanted to mm with the inclusion of class and tier balancing. I didn't ask for this format at all.

I think that wargaming is seriously disconnected with their community

Tolos #60 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 18:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostStiffWind, on Oct 11 2017 - 17:43, said:

He's whining about who he considers to be a whiner.  The whining about "whiners" is the most common and consistent post in any thread where somebody voices a non-contented opinion around here.  Just let folks have their say...and don't post if you have nothing constructive to add.

Anyone else laugh at this part ?. 

Edited by Tolos, Oct 11 2017 - 18:55.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users