Is it just my teams? Or is the player base of WOT really this bad

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

LeatherHeads #21 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 20:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 84957 battles
  • [AO] AO

Just had an all T10 match where 6 people did 0 damage on my team.... How is that even possible? Is the game flooded with mindless bots? Does WG not see there is an epic imbalance with their product?          

Or is WOT installing bot tanks to insure that there is always enough players to start a game?

Dirty_Camel #22 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 20:36

Captain

• Players
  • 48950 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostLeatherHeads, on Oct 09 2017 - 20:28, said:

Just had an all T10 match where 6 people did 0 damage on my team.... How is that even possible? Is the game flooded with mindless bots? Does WG not see there is an epic imbalance with their product?         

Or is WOT installing bot tanks to insure that there is always enough players to start a game?

Wouldn't doubt this either

Nudnick #23 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 20:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 21679 battles

View PostDirty_Camel, on Oct 09 2017 - 20:21, said:

So why play it? Why not do something 'entertaining'? Why not play a game that excites you or incites any kind of mental stimulation at all? There are a million games out there yet people still choose to be mindless..... I don't get it.

Like I said before, it's mindless entertainment, like fishing. People still go whether they caught anything last time or not. It's just something to do until something better comes along.

DeathMutant #24 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 20:40

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 52875 battles
The player base -- in Random Battles -- has not always been that bad. In my experience, it has gotten progressively worse over time. Why? Perhaps many of the good or better players have left the game altogether, involved in clam wars or rank battles, or are just not on at the time. Personally, I would love to see my Win Rate plotted by hour of the day because I feel that after around midnight (US Mountain Time), the average player involved in Random Battles is significantly worse than just a few hours before.

Dirty_Camel #25 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 20:43

Captain

• Players
  • 48950 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostNudnick, on Oct 09 2017 - 20:39, said:

Like I said before, it's mindless entertainment, like fishing. People still go whether they caught anything last time or not. It's just something to do until something better comes along.

They don't go fishing and avoid putting a worm on the hook. They still put a worm on the hook and try to catch something.

vinnybagadonuts #26 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 20:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26625 battles
heh

Attached Files

• Attached File   stupid.jpeg   35.98K

Mad_Dog_Seabee #27 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 21:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10122 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--

View PostDirty_Camel, on Oct 09 2017 - 12:21, said:

So why play it? Why not do something 'entertaining'? Why not play a game that excites you or incites any kind of mental stimulation at all? There are a million games out there yet people still choose to be mindless..... I don't get it.

View PostNudnick, on Oct 09 2017 - 12:39, said:

+1 Nudnick Nice post lol

It has the same appeal as BDSM has to those who participate in it. People with tons of responsibility tend to want release become Submissives while people with no control in their life yet crave it, become dominates. Same with mindless entertainment where you don't have to think a whole lot. In my line of work I have to deal with people at all hours and I am constantly having to problem solve. World of Tanks is mindless entertainment, I can relax and just shoot tanks without the need to think too much.

Plus I turn off chat with allies and disabled Private Messages unless they're from a friend.

This video game is no where near a simulator, it isn't even remotely historically accurate or factual. It's an ARCADE GAME, plain and simple and the sooner you get to grips with that reality, you'll be far less stressed out of over nothing.

Edited by Mad_Dog_Seabee, Oct 09 2017 - 21:03.

Nudnick #28 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 21:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 21679 battles

View PostDirty_Camel, on Oct 09 2017 - 20:43, said:

They don't go fishing and avoid putting a worm on the hook. They still put a worm on the hook and try to catch something.

Funny you said that. I used to fish without bait. It was just an excuse to sit on the river bank and drink beer. Why catch a fish and ruin everything.

TokenLore #29 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 21:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20306 battles
  • [F-3] F-3
This is what happens when participation ribbons are given out.  Too many believe that winning is just something that happens to them, not something they can influence.  Even better players now are simply rolling to the back line when the game starts rather than figure their team is going to support an effort to win.

OldFrog75 #30 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 21:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8106 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostDirty_Camel, on Oct 09 2017 - 19:31, said:

The last week has been horrible, Seems like every match I find myself surrounded in the first 3 mins because the entire team has already been wiped out. I installed XVM and it blew my mind how many tomatoes and potatoes there are in each battle, but it explained the reason for terrible gameplay. Where did all the decent players go? Another question that makes me ponder, is, how can a human being play thousands of these simulations over and over and still not grasp basic concepts? Is the human race really this stupid? Logging into WOT turns me from normal into an instant genius in comparison to the player base. Perhaps that's why I still play this game, knowing that I am light years ahead of millions in the common sense department. I hate damage farmers and rarely stray from the front lines, but, after what I have seen with this XVM, there is no other option but to sit in back and use the veggies for bait. If I'm going to be subjected to constant steamroll matches, at least I'm going to rack up some coin and XP in the process.

You have 7 times as many battles as I do so hopefully you are 7 times the player I am (well maybe 5 times but you know what I mean).

Always something more to learn and don't worry, it will be quite a while before I'm stinking up Tier X for you.   :great:

Edited by OldFrog75, Oct 09 2017 - 21:18.

Dirty_Camel #31 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 21:25

Captain

• Players
  • 48950 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on Oct 09 2017 - 21:02, said:

+1 Nudnick Nice post lol

It has the same appeal as BDSM has to those who participate in it. People with tons of responsibility tend to want release become Submissives while people with no control in their life yet crave it, become dominates. Same with mindless entertainment where you don't have to think a whole lot. In my line of work I have to deal with people at all hours and I am constantly having to problem solve. World of Tanks is mindless entertainment, I can relax and just shoot tanks without the need to think too much.

Plus I turn off chat with allies and disabled Private Messages unless they're from a friend.

This video game is no where near a simulator, it isn't even remotely historically accurate or factual. It's an ARCADE GAME, plain and simple and the sooner you get to grips with that reality, you'll be far less stressed out of over nothing.

^^^^This pretty much sums up the majority of sub-par players. A lack of understanding for ones environment.Thanks for your input! For the record, WOT is a simulation of tank battles, here's the definition of simulation: "the imitative representation of the functioning of one system or process by means of the functioning of another
  • a computer simulation of an industrial process". Key word "REPRESENTATION". As for WOT being an Arcade game, I've never seen it in any arcade. Furthermore, here is the definition of Arcade: "an amusement center having coin-operated games". When WOT reaches the 'arcade' level, give me a call.

Edited by Dirty_Camel, Oct 09 2017 - 21:26.

Insurrectional_Leftist #32 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 21:26

Major

• Players
  • 45408 battles

View PostDirty_Camel, on Oct 09 2017 - 19:18, said:

DC, it's not just you.  This really started just about the time we merged servers, however it really kicked in after the 9.20 patch.  Tier 8 is broken, and the rest of the Match Maker is also in a rather deplorable unbalanced mess shall we say?  I finally stopped playing about a week ago when my WR was just at barely 49% WR recent ( overall is 49%), then suddenly my Recent WR dropped to 46%... that's when I said, "I'm outta here !!"  I will not be back until after the new patch drops on approximately the 18th of the month (OCT) to see if Wagaming will fix the MM for the game (and especially the Low Pop situation for the NA)...

Also, they are too concerned with the 30 x 30 Grand Battles apparently? Victor is vortexed upon his Grand Dream of Grand Battles and don't care much for what it's doing to the MM on the rest of the game ( the unbalancing effect, game wide, and the more severe case of it on the NA server with the lower population)

Have you had a chance to view Aging Jedi's, or Claus replay on the 9.20 MM issues yet?

Dirty_Camel #33 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 21:28

Captain

• Players
  • 48950 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostInsurrectional_Leftist, on Oct 09 2017 - 21:26, said:

DC, it's not just you.  This really started just about the time we merged servers, however it really kicked in after the 9.20 patch.  Tier 8 is broken, and the rest of the Match Maker is also in a rather deplorable unbalanced mess shall we say?  I finally stopped playing about a week ago when my WR was just at barely 49% WR recent ( overall is 49%), then suddenly my Recent WR dropped to 46%... that's when I said, "I'm outta here !!"  I will not be back until after the new patch drops on approximately the 18th of the month (OCT) to see if Wagaming will fix the MM for the game (and especially the Low Pop situation for the NA)...

Also, they are too concerned with the 30 x 30 Grand Battles apparently? Victor is vortexed upon his Grand Dream of Grand Battles and don't care much for what it's doing to the MM on the rest of the game ( the unbalancing effect, game wide, and the more severe case of it on the NA server with the lower population)

Have you had a chance to view Aging Jedi's, or Claus replay on the 9.20 MM issues yet?

I'll check out Jedi, but Claus..... that guy belongs in a mental institution.

Pipinghot #34 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 21:29

Major

• Players
  • 25838 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostDirty_Camel, on Oct 09 2017 - 13:31, said:

Where did all the decent players go?

This mixture of good/average/bad players has not changed, the good players didn't "go" anywhere. What has changed is your gameplay, and how much you are important to your teams.

When you were below average, it didn't matter how you played because you were not one of the people deciding your fate. You ran around shooting things and got carried more often than not.

When you were average, in most games you were just present, but not particularly important. You (and I don't just mean you, I mean everyone in this position) flip-flopped from being carried to carrying others, game play for average players is very up-and-down, without the kind of consistency that higher skilled players need.

But as you have become a good player you have become progressively more important to your teams, your game play and your consistency are much more important now than they were in the past. If you look at the bell curve of win rates, there are fewer and fewer people who rise to higher win rates, which means that if you have a bad game then your team is likely to have a bad game. If you have a good game your team is more likely to have a good game.

After each battle, take a moment to look at which players really mattered in that battle, most battle are won or lost by the top 5 players on each team, with everyone else on both team being either marginal or completely unimportant. Look at how many times the bottom 5 players do zero damage, or get in only one shot each. Look at how many times the top 5 (or even top 3) players do as much as the rest of their team combined. The bottom line is that, if you want to be good, it's your job to carry as much as you can in every single battle you play. Nothing has changed about the payer base, what has changed is your responsibility for carrying your teams as you get better.

Nudnick #35 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 21:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 21679 battles

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on Oct 09 2017 - 21:02, said:

+1 Nudnick Nice post lol

Well said Mad Dog. Can't people just relax anymore ? Can't you just bounce a ball against a wall, without somebody getting on you about it ?

Insurrectional_Leftist #36 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 21:33

Major

• Players
  • 45408 battles

View PostDirty_Camel, on Oct 09 2017 - 20:28, said:

I'll check out Jedi, but Claus..... that guy belongs in a mental institution.

:D  I don't blame you for saying that. He's an odd duck... Try Jedi first..

https://youtu.be/jrBk-NcutFE    Here you go.... 

Dirty_Camel #37 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 21:34

Captain

• Players
  • 48950 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostNudnick, on Oct 09 2017 - 21:06, said:

Funny you said that. I used to fish without bait. It was just an excuse to sit on the river bank and drink beer. Why catch a fish and ruin everything.

So why not just sit on the river bank and drink beer without the premise of fishing? The fact that you couldn't muster the logic NOT to bring fishing gear solidifies the point I'm making on human failure. Thank you for being the perfect example.

holdmecloserTonyDanza #38 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 21:41

Major

• Players
  • 57131 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Post9435, on Oct 09 2017 - 12:57, said:

or they just buy the accounts of the blues and purples as they leave.  Seen at lot of useless Blues, Purples and greens lately.

says the guy posting from an alt

Nudnick #39 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 21:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 21679 battles

View PostDirty_Camel, on Oct 09 2017 - 21:34, said:

So why not just sit on the river bank and drink beer without the premise of fishing? The fact that you couldn't muster the logic NOT to bring fishing gear solidifies the point I'm making on human failure. Thank you for being the perfect example.

I guess you're not married. " Fishing " is the perfect excuse to get away from it all for awhile. And if a cop sees you with a line in the water he probably isn't going to  bug you about drinking in public. You have a lot to learn yet young'un.

Dirty_Camel #40 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 21:56

Captain

• Players
  • 48950 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostNudnick, on Oct 09 2017 - 21:43, said:

I guess you're not married. " Fishing " is the perfect excuse to get away from it all for awhile. And if a cop sees you with a line in the water he probably isn't going to  bug you about drinking in public. You have a lot to learn yet young'un.

I just tell my wife I'm going to sit on a river bank and drink beer :amazed: It seems to make sense to me, rather than come up with some BS

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users