Transfers from NA to Asia not happening

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

TinDingo #1 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 08:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1309 battles

I am one of those Australian players with an account in NA.
Since the server merger my ping has gone from 180ish to 300ish and is no longer playable.
Naturally I have been looking into a transfer to the Asia server and have submitted tickets on the subjewct.
This is the last one (sent yesterday, reply received today)...

Hi,

I am wondering how the transfer of WOT players from NA to Asia is going.
What is the time line?

Thanks

Hi TinDingo,

Thank you for contacting WarGaming Support!

We understand that you want to transfer your Account. Regrettably, we are not currently able to transfer player accounts to different servers. It is a technical limitation that keeps us from being able to complete transfers.

We don't know when a server transfer option will be available again, but if it is, it will be announced on our News page here: http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/

Best Regards,

ket101 #2 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 08:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18417 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M
You're asking the Asia server to try and transfer your NA account?  That isn't the way things work.  Did you make an application earlier when the NA server announced that it would transfer NA accounts to Asia?  That hasn't happened as yet, due to damage to the undersea cables that is currently being repaired (it tripled my ping to the Asia server, for example).  If you didn't make an application then, you might be out of luck now, but you could try and see if they accept it on the NA website.

TinDingo #3 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 08:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1309 battles

View Postket101, on Oct 10 2017 - 08:20, said:

You're asking the Asia server to try and transfer your NA account?  That isn't the way things work.  Did you make an application earlier when the NA server announced that it would transfer NA accounts to Asia?  That hasn't happened as yet, due to damage to the undersea cables that is currently being repaired (it tripled my ping to the Asia server, for example).  If you didn't make an application then, you might be out of luck now, but you could try and see if they accept it on the NA website.

I have submitted several tickets on the subject to both WOT NA and WOT Asia, the one pasted above was the latest.

The reason I have posted multiple tickets is that I have never been told (by either of them) "This is where we are up to with transfers...". I just get the run-around.

I suspect NA have no intention of letting players go (I never received an email)  as that would adversely effect player number statistics - which would place their franchise in jeopardy.

Gravtech #4 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 08:59

Major

• Players
  • 27239 battles

View PostTinDingo, on Oct 10 2017 - 00:32, said:

I suspect NA have no intention of letting players go (I never received an email)  as that would adversely effect player number statistics - which would place their franchise in jeopardy.

Uh, no it wouldn't; The player numbers won't change overall as they would just be moved to another pile of players. As for NA numbers ya they will go down a bit, but reducing the number of players on one server in return for retaining paying customers isn't really a problem for them. 

ket101 #5 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 09:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18417 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M

Have you looked at this thread?

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

I know I received an email saying that they were holding off until the cables were repaired.  Text as follows:

Asia Pacific Server & Account Transfer Update

We have a quick update for players who opted in to transfer back to the Asia Pacific region. As widely reported in the news, typhoons have damaged undersea cables, causing problems with the Internet. Because of these circumstances, we have decided to delay account transfers until further notice.

We thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have opted in and have already submitted your request for transfer, your application has been saved. As soon as we have identified a new timeframe for the transfer, we will send another update.

If you have not already opted in, and are considering returning to the Asia Pacific region, the window of opportunity is closing. We will stop accepting requests for such a transfer on Monday, Sept. 11 at 23:59 PST. If you would like to transfer, please submit a ticket before the deadline via the following link:

Transfer account

For more information, click here.

Asassian7 #6 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 09:05

Major

• Players
  • 23733 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Honestly, your ping to asia currently will be higher than your ping to NA. So theres that.

Just wait for the cable to be fixed. IIRC its taking longer than expected because they cant actually find the damaged area (I think That was the problem)

Rake #7 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 13:14

Major

• Players
  • 48379 battles

View Postket101, on Oct 10 2017 - 03:01, said:

Have you looked at this thread?

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

I know I received an email saying that they were holding off until the cables were repaired.  Text as follows:

Asia Pacific Server & Account Transfer Update

We have a quick update for players who opted in to transfer back to the Asia Pacific region. As widely reported in the news, typhoons have damaged undersea cables, causing problems with the Internet. Because of these circumstances, we have decided to delay account transfers until further notice.

We thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have opted in and have already submitted your request for transfer, your application has been saved. As soon as we have identified a new timeframe for the transfer, we will send another update.

If you have not already opted in, and are considering returning to the Asia Pacific region, the window of opportunity is closing. We will stop accepting requests for such a transfer on Monday, Sept. 11 at 23:59 PST. If you would like to transfer, please submit a ticket before the deadline via the following link:

Transfer account

For more information, click here.

This sounds like complete b.s. and a blatant lie to me.

VooDooKobra #8 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 13:35

Major

• Players
  • 6550 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View PostRake, on Oct 10 2017 - 05:14, said:

This sounds like complete b.s. and a blatant lie to me.

Oct 10th update saying a month 

http://www.samuitime...southeast-asia/

latest update i can find

http://tuoitrenews.v...ble-cut-telecom

And one more

https://www.theregis...ine_cables_cut/

so what part is the BS and blatant lie?

Edited by VooDooKobra, Oct 10 2017 - 13:35.

Silvers_ #9 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 14:07

Major

• Players
  • 40969 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
TBH you won't see a huge drop in players heading to the Asia server from NA. Now if it were NA-EU you'd see a significant number of people leaving far more of an impact on the server. Enough I would say to probably kill the game on NA.

Classics4lyfe #10 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 17:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7310 battles
  • [NICO] NICO
Yeah if it was NA-EU we would see a massive drop but I don't think there are many Asia players anyways on the NA server.

Gothraul #11 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 17:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 1526 battles
Well if it makes you feel any better no one can get their accounts moved to EU as EU staff basically are refusing any support, at best you might have to wait up to a couple of months or whenever things get settled until then you will just have to suffer like everyone else. Personally I would love to jump ship but being a USA player that will never happen unless the server dies lol. Oh well just be sure to milk what handouts that you can so when you do move over you will have some extra goodies most players don't have on Asia.

EnglishBob_ #12 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 20:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5629 battles
  • [JDGS] JDGS
The ping on the Asia has improved slightly .. mine went from 310 to 200 .. but it should be 100  :honoring:

Rake #13 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 20:20

Major

• Players
  • 48379 battles

View PostVooDooKobra, on Oct 10 2017 - 07:35, said:

Oct 10th update saying a month

http://www.samuitime...southeast-asia/

latest update i can find

http://tuoitrenews.v...ble-cut-telecom

And one more

https://www.theregis...ine_cables_cut/

so what part is the BS and blatant lie?

My apologies if I was unclear, but it sounds like complete BS and a blatant lie by WG that this issue would prevent them from transferring an account to a different server.

VooDooKobra #14 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 21:03

Major

• Players
  • 6550 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View PostRake, on Oct 10 2017 - 12:20, said:

My apologies if I was unclear, but it sounds like complete BS and a blatant lie by WG that this issue would prevent them from transferring an account to a different server.

ah okay my apologies I misunderstood what you were saying

CabbageMechanic #15 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 21:46

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 7129 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostRake, on Oct 10 2017 - 11:20, said:

It isn't.  Typhoons caused significant damage to four major cables in late August and caused significant delays to all sorts of data traffic between AUS-APAC and APAC-USA.

View PostTinDingo, on Oct 09 2017 - 23:00, said:

Since the server merger my ping has gone from 180ish to 300ish and is no longer playable.
Naturally I have been looking into a transfer to the Asia server and have submitted tickets on the subjewct.

We have been monitoring the situation and will be opening the window soon™.  If everything continues as scheduled we will have more details (and good news) for you by this time next week.

Edited by CabbageMechanic, Oct 11 2017 - 02:02.

6EVIL9 #16 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 00:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 32267 battles
  • [OSSC] OSSC

I guess Admin says that we will be transferred this calendar year... it will be great if we get an update on when it will happen so people can chilax and wait for the good times to come.

Viserion_Dies #17 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 00:05

Major

• Players
  • 29854 battles
  • [FADED] FADED

View PostTinDingo, on Oct 10 2017 - 07:00, said:

This is the last one (sent yesterday, reply received today)...

Hi,

I am wondering how the transfer of WOT players from NA to Asia is going.
What is the time line?

Thanks

Hi TinDingo,

Thank you for contacting WarGaming Support!

We understand that you want to transfer your Account. Regrettably, we are not currently able to transfer player accounts to different servers. It is a technical limitation that keeps us from being able to complete transfers.

We don't know when a server transfer option will be available again, but if it is, it will be announced on our News page here: http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/

Best Regards,

you have 1000 games... lol. cut your losses and make a  new account there

TinDingo #18 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 00:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1309 battles

View PostViserion_Dies, on Oct 11 2017 - 00:05, said:

you have 1000 games... lol. cut your losses and make a  new account there

I am up to 98% on my third crew skill on my Churchill III (which I got for free via a sign-up code).

That's time I have invested and I don't want to grind it again.

ThePigSheFlies #19 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 00:21

Major

• Players
  • 59075 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Oct 10 2017 - 15:46, said:

We have been monitoring the situation and will be opening the window soon™.  If everything continues as scheduled we will have more details (and good news) for you by this time next week.

alt+0153 = ™  and no need to use that bad looking ™ font thing you did there.

Nonamanadus #20 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 00:31

Major

• Players
  • 24141 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

Ummm.

If Wargaming really wanted to transfer accounts they could send it by courier.........

That moment when the Two Towers were almost stolen.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Ha7uA

:sceptic: Sounds like a lot of excuses.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users