Need some tips VK100.1P

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Lowkust_Lure #1 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 14:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1791 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Well, i got the VK100 this weekend and what a disaster.. I moved my German heavy crew (2 abilities+ on each) to the VK and also moved the Vents and optics from Tiger P & bought a rammer for reload.  Started off great, using reverse side scraping and was doing well for the first few matches (high tier) finished the HT mission too was bouncing everything...Then it went very wrong, didn't matter what i did i was getting destroyed by higher tiers & prem ammo, and the arty they love me.. So i decided to paint the tank to help with the arty and keep me hidden for as long as possible. That worked for the most part, just gotta keep the slug moving...   

Ended up hanging back to mid and sniping (when im low tier) with the stock gun, grinding the 50K exp to get the next gun im sure it wont suck as much..  I know im new still (under 5k games) but i started the weekend with 52% W/L now at 48% lol VK a curse ?     I need tips badly...

PS... The Pudel is a decent tank for earning credits (avg 20-30K depending on dmg), VK bleeds credits win or loose....  

Edited by Lowkust_Lure, Oct 10 2017 - 14:26.

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #2 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 15:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6815 battles
Your equipment is wrong. You don't use optics on an up close brawling super heavy with an inaccurate gun. Ditch the optics and get spall liner. That immensely helps with arty and the HE you'll receive from Japanese tanks and other tanks that can't pen you. You also do not even think of sniping in that tank, regardless of which gun. You get to where you need to go, and smack other tanks right in the face. Those tanks are all about mastering the angle of your armor. If an enemy is aimed at you, you don't turn your turret towards it, because they will always be looking for shots at your cheeks. Rock the tank to prevent easy shots on the cupola. Let them get impatient, turn their attention to your teammates, and then you deal out the pain. 

_Schneller_Heinz_ #3 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 15:36

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1931 battles

The VK at top tier performs well. 

But now with the new utter horse manure match maker were Tier VI and VIII pays the piper, because you end up about 80% of the time on the bottom of your team.

Edited by _Schneller_Heinz_, Oct 10 2017 - 15:39.

_Schneller_Heinz_ #4 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 15:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1931 battles

View PostLowkust_Lure, on Oct 10 2017 - 14:24, said:

Well, i got the VK100 this weekend and what a disaster.. I moved my German heavy crew (2 abilities+ on each) to the VK and also moved the Vents and optics from Tiger P & bought a rammer for reload.  Started off great, using reverse side scraping and was doing well for the first few matches (high tier) finished the HT mission too was bouncing everything...Then it went very wrong, didn't matter what i did i was getting destroyed by higher tiers & prem ammo, and the arty they love me.. So i decided to paint the tank to help with the arty and keep me hidden for as long as possible. That worked for the most part, just gotta keep the slug moving...   

Ended up hanging back to mid and sniping (when im low tier) with the stock gun, grinding the 50K exp to get the next gun im sure it wont suck as much..  I know im new still (under 5k games) but i started the weekend with 52% W/L now at 48% lol VK a curse ?     I need tips badly...

PS... The Pudel is a decent tank for earning credits (avg 20-30K depending on dmg), VK bleeds credits win or loose....  

Check out this link to get the right equipment on your tank.

http://www.vbaddict....k_100_01__p_-77

Lowkust_Lure #5 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 16:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1791 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Thanks for the replies gents, i was thinking about a superheavy spall liner yesterday to replace the optics, guess i need one asap.. Good call on rocking the tank, was doing this on the Tiger P too but not as much, guess thats next to master. I do find hiding the front against a wall or something and reverse scraping (20 degree angle) seems to work best with this tank, getting into position is taking some getting used to though. 

Crew should be ok for now (moved crew from Tiger P), but next skills will be crucial.  

xperiment2g #6 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 17:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27089 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
The VK100.01P is a very good tank.  Learn the correct angling and wiggle your turret when guns are pointed at you make your commanders hatch harder to hit.  I would go with Rammer, Vents and EGLD (or Vert Stabilizers) to reduce time you are exposed taking a shot.  When top tier you should be up front leading the push without giving away your HP.  Bottom tier you support the Tier 10 heavies second line.  Always be aware of guns pointed your way, hide your lower front plate and angle, angle, angle.  This tanks armor profile is fantastic.

Lowkust_Lure #7 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 18:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1791 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postxperiment2g, on Oct 10 2017 - 17:45, said:

The VK100.01P is a very good tank.  Learn the correct angling and wiggle your turret when guns are pointed at you make your commanders hatch harder to hit.  I would go with Rammer, Vents and EGLD (or Vert Stabilizers) to reduce time you are exposed taking a shot.  When top tier you should be up front leading the push without giving away your HP.  Bottom tier you support the Tier 10 heavies second line.  Always be aware of guns pointed your way, hide your lower front plate and angle, angle, angle.  This tanks armor profile is fantastic.

I actually was contemplating using VSMK2 over the SHSL.. But arty is a cancer, minimizing what they can do is always a bonus. Thanks for more suggestions, i do enjoy brawling in this when i get to the front line (key word "When") :amazed:

strenfoo #8 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 22:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11697 battles
  • [C_NTS] C_NTS

Rammer, Vents, and Vert stab.  I just finished the grind to the Maus and there weren't that many times I wished I had a spall liner in the VK and Mauschen, plus I think giving up vents or a vert stab is too big of a trade off.

Keep in mind that Rammer, vents, and Vert stab are pretty much always helping you in every match.  A spall liner is only useful when you're on a wide open map with multiple arty and more than one is gunning for you.  Yes, getting pummeled by 3 arty on an open map will happen once in a while and it really sucks but so does having to expose yourself longer because you need to aim for a weak spot and you don't have vert stabs.  Unless you always spam premium ammo, there are lots of times you need to aim for weak spots because your job in these tanks is to fight other heavies head to head.

BTW, enjoy the VK grind because the Mauschen isn't nearly as good tier for tier.

Edited by strenfoo, Oct 10 2017 - 22:41.

redjkent #9 Posted Oct 10 2017 - 22:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 63707 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
that's why i suggest going down the tiger line first so when you unlock the 128 on the e75 it unlocks the 128 on the other german heavies that use it

Lowkust_Lure #10 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 13:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1791 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Poststrenfoo, on Oct 10 2017 - 22:33, said:

Rammer, Vents, and Vert stab.  I just finished the grind to the Maus and there weren't that many times I wished I had a spall liner in the VK and Mauschen, plus I think giving up vents or a vert stab is too big of a trade off.

Keep in mind that Rammer, vents, and Vert stab are pretty much always helping you in every match.  A spall liner is only useful when you're on a wide open map with multiple arty and more than one is gunning for you.  Yes, getting pummeled by 3 arty on an open map will happen once in a while and it really sucks but so does having to expose yourself longer because you need to aim for a weak spot and you don't have vert stabs.  Unless you always spam premium ammo, there are lots of times you need to aim for weak spots because your job in these tanks is to fight other heavies head to head.

BTW, enjoy the VK grind because the Mauschen isn't nearly as good tier for tier.

I did end up going Vert stab with the Rammer and Vents i already had.  Noticed the difference right away, especially when rocking the armor wile reloading. I got stunned a few times by tier X arty but they only did 200-300 damage anyways. Not exposing my self often to take a shot has helped a lot. 1 W 7 L last night then got off, ouch lost like 90K in credits just for repairs, thats nuts, guess thats what the prem tanks are for..  

I heard the Mauschen was quite poor as a tier IX, but i want the Maus so i have to grind through it. 

View Postredjkent, on Oct 10 2017 - 22:59, said:

that's why i suggest going down the tiger line first so when you unlock the 128 on the e75 it unlocks the 128 on the other german heavies that use it

I have been contemplating this actually as im seeing the Teir VIII - X matches are a money pit and not very enjoyable at all from what i can tell.. 

On a side note, some of the players out there need to relax. On one of my losses last night i was the 7th tank down got a kill but got flanked and couldn't react in time and a player sends me a PM with   "U SUK"  :D (nice grammar) so i responded and put him on the black list..  Some people need to get a life, maybe get laid ? 

Da_Craw #11 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 21:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21391 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

I enjoyed the VK100, but when I got the top gun, my performance declined.  Went back to the one before it and it went back up.  The extra DPM was worth it, but I probably am too reliant of premium with that gun.

btw,  I was expecting to hate the Mauschen based on the near-universal opinion that strenfoo shared above.  It is even more of a wallowing yak in handling, but I found that I like it better than the VK100.  Once in position, it's a noob smacker.   

Lowkust_Lure #12 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 12:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1791 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostDa_Craw, on Oct 11 2017 - 21:56, said:

I enjoyed the VK100, but when I got the top gun, my performance declined.  Went back to the one before it and it went back up.  The extra DPM was worth it, but I probably am too reliant of premium with that gun.

btw,  I was expecting to hate the Mauschen based on the near-universal opinion that strenfoo shared above.  It is even more of a wallowing yak in handling, but I found that I like it better than the VK100.  Once in position, it's a noob smacker.   

Ill be honest, as i learn the way to position the VKs armor its unstoppable, well until prem ammo is shot at it :amazed:.

Yeah i dont load prem ammo, kinda old school that way. but i might load maybe 20 rounds going forward, still need to unlock the big gun before the Mauschen though.. Thats good news about it being a noob smaker. I ran into one last night and it was not an easy target to take down.. Back to tank.gg, find those weak spots.. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users