• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

CabbageMechanic #1 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 02:00

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 7368 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

Hey Tankers,

As you might be aware tomorrow marks the launch of our next Sandbox test, complete with the first iteration of our HD Map Roster.  If you have been selected for the Sandbox test and are participating, please leave your feedback below.  If you have not been selected for the Sandbox test but would like to be, you can apply here.

We are looking specifically for feedback on the following subjects:

- The new visual fidelity and how it impacts your game experience

- Physical changes to map layouts from their SD versions
- How the build performs on your PC (framerate, load times, stability etc)

- Any bugs or visual errors you experience (screenshots appreciated)
- Any other feedback you have on how to best polish the maps for official release

Screenshots and anecdotes welcome!

Edited by CabbageMechanic, Oct 11 2017 - 02:21.

HowitzerBlitzer #2 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 02:24

Major

• Players
  • 14989 battles

How can we tell if we have been selected for the sandbox testing? I've applied more than a handful of times this year and never got a notification about it.

I know someone who got into the sandbox test with a forum banned alternate account that joined the month of application, if he got in, why haven't I yet? Probably random draw...

Unknown0ne #3 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 03:12

Captain

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28002 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View PostHowitzerBlitzer, on Oct 10 2017 - 20:24, said:

How can we tell if we have been selected for the sandbox testing? I've applied more than a handful of times this year and never got a notification about it.

I know someone who got into the sandbox test with a forum banned alternate account that joined the month of application, if he got in, why haven't I yet? Probably random draw...

If you go to https://worldoftanks.com/en/sandbox/ and it shows a download button instead of a "Apply" {or "Application Submitted"} button normally is, that indicates you are in Sandbox

HowitzerBlitzer #4 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 03:50

Major

• Players
  • 14989 battles

View PostUnknown0ne, on Oct 10 2017 - 21:12, said:

If you go to https://worldoftanks.com/en/sandbox/ and it shows a download button instead of a "Apply" {or "Application Submitted"} button normally is, that indicates you are in Sandbox

The application I sent back around May of this year still hasn't been answered. Oh fun.

They're not letting me send another like I was able to early this year.

Derp_o7 #5 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 05:08

Captain

• Players
  • 31092 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO
Server goes up at 3AM PST? 

4TankersAndDog #6 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 06:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24721 battles
  • [122MM] 122MM
FWIW, my Office365 based email system decided WoT's acceptance email was junk and threw it in the Clutter folder.  Thanks Microsoft, your spam filter is awesome.

destroyerdude2003 #7 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 14:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10252 battles
so i have a bug to report.......right now all friendly tanks have been destroyed but i am still on the loading screen, It seems to be using this screen instead of normal textures it is moving my mouse around like i am in game but i am still on loading screen and can't move. Help would be nice. Edit: after ten minutes i had to leave the battle even though it said my tank was still alive because in fact: it was not Edit 2: this happens consistently. Edit 3: Fix this glitch by turning graphics down.

Edited by destroyerdude2003, Oct 11 2017 - 15:52.

ThePigSheFlies #8 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 15:11

Major

• Players
  • 59076 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Oct 10 2017 - 20:00, said:

Hey Tankers,

As you might be aware tomorrow marks the launch of our next Sandbox test, complete with the first iteration of our HD Map Roster.  If you have been selected for the Sandbox test and are participating, please leave your feedback below.  If you have not been selected for the Sandbox test but would like to be, you can apply here.

We are looking specifically for feedback on the following subjects:

- The new visual fidelity and how it impacts your game experience

- Physical changes to map layouts from their SD versions

Screenshots and anecdotes welcome!

Not sure that I actually feel like participating - a pretty brawling city map will still be a pretty brawling city map.  it'll still be too damned small, corridor-ized, and based on the last 4 years of same.  boring.

I don't and never did play this game for a reality simulator, I played it because it was arcade-like, and because it was not a fast twitch, pixel shooter - and while some of the visual improvements over the years are nice features, game play and meta has always been more important to my entertainment than visual effects.

quite honestly, I fear that ya'll spent way too much time, effort and resources making things pretty at the expense of game play, so I probably won't even download the sandbox client until after I've seen some streamers play it.  just no reason to put that much of a load on my SSD.

moogleslam #9 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 15:56

Major

• Players
  • 30143 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
Not playing Sandbox, but I wish we'd get a rough estimate of a release date for these.  End of Year?  2018 Q1?  Later?

Avalon304 #10 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 00:54

Major

• Players
  • 17123 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
Quite simply... the new looks are amazing. Want them now.

diego999 #11 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 01:54

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 29896 battles
  • [ACA] ACA

I'd like to leave some feedback but map never loads in. Looks like a pretty severe bug when most of the team can't even get into battle.

Exo_xd_On_The_Bench___hi #12 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 02:00

Sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 12840 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

Feels bad man.

Changed password 5 times to no avail.

Tried reinstalling. I'm convinced my account is bugged.

_Hatsune__Miku_ #13 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 02:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31307 battles

View Postdiego999, on Oct 11 2017 - 19:54, said:

I'd like to leave some feedback but map never loads in. Looks like a pretty severe bug when most of the team can't even get into battle.

Qing with the WZ 111-5a does not allow both the teams to load and the WZ113GFT  does not allow your team to load, I dont know if these bugs were reported, but here u go

LeaveIT2Beaver #14 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 03:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 28323 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

The new revised and updated maps will change game play for the better. That is the bottom line. They old "fav spots" are gone. Steppes has topography changes that are very interesting, as does Abbey.

Spoiler

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Oct 12 2017 - 03:18.

Private_Public #15 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 03:42

Major

• Players
  • 33612 battles
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2
1.  If someone loads into the match with a Chinese Heavy or TD, then the team that person is assigned to will not load into the match.  It just sits at the loading screen until they die.  As an addition to this, whenever this glitch happens, the game is about 50/50 on being extremely buggy and locking up until you close the game with Task Manager and log in again.

2.  The in-game bug-report option is not working.

IanSanJr #16 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 04:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 59299 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

i am at star wars battlefront...

those canyon pretty similar, wohoooo....

wot already hit new era realistic world.

Gunadie #17 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 06:10

Major

• Players
  • 37890 battles

Wow,

What a major disappointment in Mines!

Did you really keep us waiting for this lack luster, basically the same map except in HD??

You had a great opportunity to improve this maps yet you HD' it, but didn't change it for the better. (imo)

Mines is WAY to small, Spgs get spotted and are locked in into 2 small corners with little opportunity to relocate,

at the start of or anywhere during the game.

Instead of smooth hills we now have jagged edged cliffs.

The buildings and trees appear to be placed in the exact same spots and the layout seem to be identical.

HD with the waves is interesting but fleeting as its a game and not a picture to admire

Red glow from caves is weird and out of place

Traces from tank shots are one step away from dumb and it boggles the mind how so much wasted effort was put into the same identical map

This reminds me of a new paint job on a 10 year old car.

Looks spiffy but it the same car from the drivers seat and all one can think about is when are we going to get a new one!

Why spend all that the energy and in the end give the players the same old stale tired maps?

8 out of 10 for effort

3 out of 10 for improvement

9 out of 10 for player disappointment (this player anyways, but I'm sure there will be lots more!)

Cmdr_Adama_BSG75 #18 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 07:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31407 battles
  • [HAL-X] HAL-X

OK, so for me, it was a cool experience, with some bugs. I am running a ASUS Sabertooth w/AMD FX4100, 8Gbs RAM, 2Gb nVidia 660ti, ssd drive, Win8.1pro. To me, the maps look great, a huge improvement. They look awesome, the colors match the camo of the tanks, the water effects are beautiful. The addition of the extended areas past the red line looks really, really good. It definetly adds to the experience, IMHO. I enjoy the "changing-up" of the maps. Features are different. There are lots of new firing lanes and places to hide. Great job on reworking the same maps! There were some glitches. Loading was messed up, one team was not present in several battles. Some say its the Chinese line, or a WZ-111 screwing it up. I have to agree. But the frame rate was uneffected, I could actually run with track effects on, and it looked sweet kicking up dust. Buildings and walls crumble nicely. Explosions are GREAT, the heat effect is really neat. Water effects are really good too, it looks darn near real. 

Overall, I'd say the reworked HD maps are a homerun. My clan mates agree. Great job, guys. This is gonna be fun.

HOWEVER. I still have one HUGE issue with this game. Call me petty, or whatever you want. The Tiger line. The tier 7 Tiger 1 tank should be the most lethal tier 7 in the game. PERIOD. Its not really very fair that it is not. A Tiger NEVER went up against a T29. The Tiger was the most feared tank in WW2, but this game does not reflect that. The 131 and HT-6 should never, ever see tier 8 heavies. They have zero chance. Limit them to tier 7. Being able to drive a Tiger was THE ONE reason I even started playing this game, 4 years ago, and they're fun, but way underrated. FIX IT. 

Well, thats my opinion. 

tod914 #19 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 07:40

Major

• Players
  • 51198 battles
  • [RDNKS] RDNKS

The maps look fantastic. I've just been joining/hosting training rooms.  Didn't see much point in match play as of yet.  Some of the older blocked climbs have opened up due to the rework, while the majority of climbing is essentially a thing of the past.  With some effort, some spots be can still climbed, although they are achieved via new routes.  Worth exploring if you get a chance.  One thing I can say, due to the nature of the rework, you will be seeing a lot more tanks tipped on their side. 

They eye candy is nice, but they are in essence the same maps.  Which on some, being more restrictive leading to more of a corridor style game play .  My preference would of been larger new maps added into rotation instead.  Side note, they is much more foliage for concealment on most of the maps.  So that's a good thing.

Edited by tod914, Oct 12 2017 - 07:53.

pilgrim2223 #20 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 13:35

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17705 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

The maps give the game a whole new perspective, it has "BIG" feel, a bit like when you drive from Germany to Poland through Poznan, wide open fields and huge big blue skies plus visuals that go on for ever.

Also the maps have some nice features such as blended surfaces that give an element of realism.

Muddy tracks and wave effects are cool and a lot of the graphic changes allow for better depth definition, traversing across water now allows you to see depth and avoid the 10 sec drowning death easier. New goat routes have opened up while some old goat routes are closed, Not sure if that was intended.

Sound/visual effects are more noticeable when the gun fires in particular on Russian guns plus you can fire a shot over the red line to some distance but what use that is i am not sure :)

Up close, Rocky outcrops are a bit "Ben Grimm" blocky with wide cracks, not quite right, almost cartoon. 

Bugs

1.  I had one game where the whole enemy team sat on the spawn point and didn't move or fire back, not sure if they had a Chinese tank on their side but presume so after reading the forums.

2. When in settings it will not allow you to alter notifications unless you uncheck everything then check required boxes separately.

PC - High end Medion, 1TB HD, 16GB RAM, i7 Pentium, NVIDIA 1070 8MB Graphics card = no problems with FR/Ping, load up slightly slower than live server (a second or 2). 

Also tagged with Sandbox

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users