How do I transition into WoT from WoTB?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Saltiest #1 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 04:17

Private

• -Players-
  • 155 battles
  • [PIKE] PIKE

I am mostly a WoTB player who has decent experience at the game. I have the skillsets to take on other sub unis and such, and decided to delve into WoT. It's obviously a different game from WoTB and I have a few questions such as:

• What is considered above average WN8 for someone around 10k battles?
  • How do I play and counter artillery?
  • Is there a way to enable autoaim?
  • Are there any significant sidescrapers / hulldown tanks that aren't in wotb to be aware of?
  • How much is alpha damage changed from wotb?
  • How do I effectively aimlock fast moving targets? ( I can trace paths but not very well )
  • Are there any noob tanks that require no skill for me to avoid?

These are just some of the questions I have about the game. These are my WoTB stats and trying improve:

https://www.blitzsta...r/com/Jewlander

Doomslinger__ #2 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 04:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21 battles
You should pm winningwithwarchild since he is a blitz player that recently started to play wot pc. Most players on these forums have never played the blitz version of wot so they won't be able to help much.

Edited by Doomslinger__, Oct 11 2017 - 04:30.

HisNameWasSethRich #3 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 04:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12535 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO
I played blitz. I regret it a lot. I'm not sure what I did different. I know a lot of guys who play PC who were in KRIEG, but I doubt they'd want to help you out.

Tongates #4 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 04:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5175 battles

1. It will be a much higher number than mine. :teethhappy:

2.Don't play arty, so no help. Avoiding arty? Basically keep moving and don't get spotted. oh.. Look for cover like buildings and big hills/mountains.

3.Light the tank up and then rightclick. Check settings under controls. Think rightclick is default.

4. No idea. never blitzd.

5. Ditto.

6.After auto aiming. try to catch them at the apex of their turning arc. Seems it's as much of a timing thing as straight up lead aiming them.

7. Any of the premium tanks released in the last year. :facepalm:

Edited by Tongates, Oct 11 2017 - 04:44.

__Arc__ #5 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 05:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 26060 battles
  • [191] 191

View PostJewlander, on Oct 10 2017 - 22:17, said:

How do I play and counter artillery?

Are there any noob tanks that require no skill for me to avoid?

1. You can't counter arty. The best you can do is remain unspotted, or move around and hope they miss you.

2. The Japanese heavy line (especially tier 9 and 10) are ridiculous with massive derp guns that do more damage if you spam premium ammo. Probably the noobiest tanks (other than arty) in high tiers at the moment.

Xeraux #6 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 05:27

Major

• Players
  • 17940 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO

I played over a thousand battles on Blitz, got a decent grip of it. Though I only hit tier 8.\

What is considered above average WN8 for someone around 10k battles?

I don't think you can ask it like that. I had 850 WN8 (technically around average for the server, but not good) at 10,000 battles. Now at >2300 at 17,750 battles.

I guess pick a goal (1.5k, 2k are good ones. Absolutely achievable, not super uni.) and just go for that whenever you play.

There are a couple mods you can download that track your stats for each session, including WN8, so you can see how you're going and which tanks are working for you better than others.

How do I play and counter artillery?

Playing artillery is simple. Drive to the back of the map, hit shift, start clicking. No skill involved.

Countering artillery is impossible until you have a chance to shoot them. You can take some cover in cities, behind buildings, but that either severely reduces your battle effectiveness or is incomplete cover.

They're a very controversial part of this game. Personally, as no skill is involved and there is no way to fight back against arty in a tank, I think it's an absurd part of the game that ought to be removed.

Is there a way to enable autoaim?

When your reticle (not gun marker) is on the enemy's tank and it becomes highlighted, right click. Right click again to turn off.

Are there any significant sidescrapers / hulldown tanks that aren't in wotb to be aware of?

Erm... not really? They've got the US and USSR lines. The Chinese heavies can kind of sidescrape, and all Chinese tanks can go hulldown decently.

How much is alpha damage changed from wotb?

Depends. A Cromwell in WOT PC does 135 a shot as opposed to what, 170 on WOTB? 120mm guns deal 400, 122mm guns tier 8 and below do 390, tier 9 and 10 440.

128mm does 490. Those are just a few.

How do I effectively aimlock fast moving targets? ( I can trace paths but not very well )

Aim in front of them, lead your target. It'll come with practice/trial and error. You'll miss a lot at first but it isn't so hard.

Are there any noob tanks that require no skill for me to avoid?

Arty requires no skill, but isn't really rewarding. Other than that, go nuts. If someone gives you crap for playing an "easy mode" tank, don't take it - play whatever the hell you want.

I've got a few comments about playing the T110E5 and T-54 a lot, about running the "OP" new WZ-120-1 FT, about stat padding in all these tier 6 and 8 tanks I play. I respond that I enjoy playing them and what does it matter to you.

Any more questions you want to ask, feel free to message me.

Demonic_Angel_of_Death #7 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 05:29

Major

• Players
  • 2142 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON

How to transition from Blitz to PC:

- There is this new thing called Arty... You wont like it...

- There is this new MM called +/- 2 instead of +/- 1 MM... You wont like it...

But those graphics and tank selection though...

Red_Ensign #8 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 06:02

Major

• Players
  • 6360 battles

View PostJewlander, on Oct 10 2017 - 21:17, said:

• How do I counter artillery?  avoid places where arty would be pre-aimed.  if you get spotted, don't still be near there 15-60 seconds later. 
  • Are there any noob tanks that require no skill for me to avoid?  why would you avoid those?  there's no prize for doing things the hard way.

Augustus_GoldNoob_Sohn #9 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 07:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1305 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Just take it slow. Aside from the controls it isn't much different. 

Arty is real. Sometimes you can play arty safe, others you're screwed. You will learn soon enough. I'd avoid playing it (Arty) until you get a hang on controls and maps. 

You have to work to get sixth sense and you are going to struggle without it, trust me. So that said: STUDY CREW SKILLS. They are nothing like Blitz. Blitz is per tank type, PC is per tank. 

Good luck! 

(See my sig for Blitz exp.; Ive been on the Blitz forums and Blitz itself since it came out.)

Edited by Augustus_GoldNoob_Sohn, Oct 11 2017 - 07:13.

1mp0ster #10 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 08:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 34710 battles
  • [NVRDI] NVRDI
First of all, don't think of it as a transition from one game to another. I have played both, and they games are different enough that you really should think of them as two completely different games. That is my biggest tip off the bat.

the_Deadly_Bulb #11 Posted Oct 15 2017 - 01:14

Captain

• Players
  • 17774 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostDoomslinger__, on Oct 10 2017 - 19:29, said:

You should pm winningwithwarchild since he is a blitz player that recently started to play wot pc. Most players on these forums have never played the blitz version of wot so they won't be able to help much.

Agreed, ask Winnin'.

He's learned a lot in his last 4 months. He can certainly tell you the differences between WoT and WoTB

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users