Disabled Players in World of Tanks

Disabled players

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Disabled Players (13 members have cast votes)

give Disabled players a place to play without being "Bullied"

1. yes (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

2. no (11 votes [78.57%])

Percentage of vote: 78.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

TboneOathKeeper #1 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 06:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17431 battles

Hello Tankers,

Why is there NO HELP for Disabled Players. Due to XVM most players can quickly see how good a player is , yet a Disabled player has no way of saying to other players that He or she is Disabled. Disabled Players spend money too. World of Tanks should have some type of marking for Disabled players. Not all players are young and live on gaming all day.  Disabled players should have the same rights to have fun and play the game without Fear of being called out for having a bad record. Most Disabled players understand they will never be Great Tankers , but Disabled players should still be able to play. Our money is just as good as there money. World of Tanks needs to some how Label or Tag Disabled players so that the rest of the team will understand why they are not as good as normal players. The "Bulling" and the Platoon Bulling needs to stop.

Why is there No Bulling in Russian Servers , only NA servers seem to be Toxic. XVM has become a tool for Bullies and needs to be used as intended. Remember Tankers.....it's only a game. No player wants to be called out before the game even starts. I can see if a player does something stupid during the game. But most of the Bulling is done before the game even starts. That can easily be fixed, just as there Auto-penalty for Teamkilling or Team damage. Make a program that stops players from Bulling before the game even starts. No player wants to go into a game being "RAGED" on. At least play the game first , then see how player does. World of Tank needs to do something about this. Bulling and Raging on Disabled players needs to Stop. Maybe give a place to battle for Disabled players only. Even Tomatoes....as they say. Should have the right to play without being "Bullied". Most Forums state....."Just learn How to play better" or "Get better". Well as a Disabled player, Why don't you guys chill. My body will NEVER be 100% and my MONEY is just as good as yours. If I spend $1,000 per month and the GREAT Player pays only $100 per month. Who is the Better Customer to World of Tanks!!!!!

Can World of Tanks just put a program in the game that allows Disabled Players to play without being "CALLED OUT" every game. It is becoming very Toxic.  

HowitzerBlitzer #2 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 06:57

Major

• Players
  • 14868 battles
We talking mental, or physical? 

simba90 #3 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 07:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13056 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP

View PostTboneOathKeeper, on Oct 11 2017 - 06:52, said:

Why is there No Bulling in Russian Servers ,

This is probably the funniest thing I have read all day.

CanOfTomatoes #4 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 07:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 20364 battles
NOt to be callous but everyone cant be your police force and shield you from the real world forever. I don't know a single disabled person that wants help in any aspect of their life. They want to be treated like everyone else. This is part  of being treated like everyone else. Sorry not insensitive to the difficulty you have but frankly its not in my makeup to segregate an separate for any reason. Like said the disabled people I know ( many from being in the service and some simply old age) would be extremely insulted by what you wrote.

Yuri_Doujinshi #5 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 07:31

Major

• Players
  • 22891 battles

View PostTboneOathKeeper, on Oct 11 2017 - 05:52, said:

Can World of Tanks just put a program in the game that allows Disabled Players to play without being "CALLED OUT" every game. It is becoming very Toxic.  

That already exists.

J3Tears #6 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 07:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8848 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

They cant cater to everyone with special needs. Some people cant see that well, Some are Color blind, others have nerve damage and thats fine. Its a game though but I sure do like to win. Just like anywhere else on the internet, if you are a bad player people are gonna call it out sometimes. If you dont like it then just block them. 

Redwave11 #7 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 07:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16809 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U

What constitutes a disability?

Medical Disability? Age? intelligence? Anything that makes you play worse than the best? Maybe we should just give markers to all bad players so they don't get bullied....

Oh wait that's called xvm

That aside i don't think branding players as disabled will reduce bullying and the system will likely be abused be people who just want to troll.

BigDollarBillz #8 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 08:02

Captain

• Players
  • 34426 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
I'm disabled have had 2 small strokes, quadruple bypass, can barely walk and use my hands. Have stage four heart failure as well. Diabetes has treated me a lot worse, than anything someone on the internet can say too me. I use the game to help me get back some eye hand coordination. Chances are it is some punk, who has been bullied all their life, that tries to degrade you over the internet. If I can have half way decent stats, anyone that actually tries in the game, should be able too as well. If you're going to be on the internet playing games,well then you better have some thick skin. Just play the best to your ability, and don't worry about what someone on the internet says.

1n_Soviet_Russia #9 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 08:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15372 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
I think the vast majority of pubbies are disabled... 

ChokeMe_WhipMe_Maika #10 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 08:52

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10433 battles
  • [NAISU] NAISU
Do you want your own handicapped spawn point as well? Put a handicapped placard on the Maus and beat all the meds up the hill on Mines lol

MacDaddyMatty #11 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 12:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 17708 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

OP...

- Turn off chat. It is in settings.

- Start a clan for disabled people.

- Play against each other in a training room when not grinding.

I have ulnar neuropathy and guyon's cannal (and a bunch of other stuff) from the military.

I'm also older so hand/eye and twitch are on the decline.

My resents are decent and improving.

My advice is to work the strategy aspect of the game.

In game always work the tanks strengths and avoid its weaknesses, AND work your strengths...

GL HF

CanOfTomatoes #12 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 18:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 20364 battles

View Post1n_Soviet_Russia, on Oct 11 2017 - 01:03, said:

I think the vast majority of pubbies are disabled... 

Not shocking considering your clan tags.

Tolos #13 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 18:37

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostTboneOathKeeper, on Oct 11 2017 - 05:52, said:

Hello Tankers,

Why is there NO HELP for Disabled Players. Due to XVM most players can quickly see how good a player is , yet a Disabled player has no way of saying to other players that He or she is Disabled. Disabled Players spend money too. World of Tanks should have some type of marking for Disabled players. Not all players are young and live on gaming all day.  Disabled players should have the same rights to have fun and play the game without Fear of being called out for having a bad record. Most Disabled players understand they will never be Great Tankers , but Disabled players should still be able to play. Our money is just as good as there money. World of Tanks needs to some how Label or Tag Disabled players so that the rest of the team will understand why they are not as good as normal players. The "Bulling" and the Platoon Bulling needs to stop.

Why is there No Bulling in Russian Servers , only NA servers seem to be Toxic. XVM has become a tool for Bullies and needs to be used as intended. Remember Tankers.....it's only a game. No player wants to be called out before the game even starts. I can see if a player does something stupid during the game. But most of the Bulling is done before the game even starts. That can easily be fixed, just as there Auto-penalty for Teamkilling or Team damage. Make a program that stops players from Bulling before the game even starts. No player wants to go into a game being "RAGED" on. At least play the game first , then see how player does. World of Tank needs to do something about this. Bulling and Raging on Disabled players needs to Stop. Maybe give a place to battle for Disabled players only. Even Tomatoes....as they say. Should have the right to play without being "Bullied". Most Forums state....."Just learn How to play better" or "Get better". Well as a Disabled player, Why don't you guys chill. My body will NEVER be 100% and my MONEY is just as good as yours. If I spend $1,000 per month and the GREAT Player pays only $100 per month. Who is the Better Customer to World of Tanks!!!!!

You can tell this guy has only ever been on the NA server. No bullying on the RU/EU servers...ROFL its 1000x times worse on those servers. 

Uglione #14 Posted Oct 24 2017 - 20:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 34332 battles
  • [QC_A] QC_A
ummm....

Darkbee2Bee #15 Posted Oct 24 2017 - 21:00

Major

• Players
  • 32033 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

I'm all for helping people but I don't think giving players the ability to label themselves as "disabled" would really help.  How would it be verified?  Should it be verified?  If not, then really it just becomes pointless as trolls will label themselves "disabled" simply for the purpose of trolling.

Also, I don't consider myself disabled but in my contact with people that do, they often appear to not want to call attention to their disabilities.  I don't think such a proposal would be welcome by all with disabilities.  In some cases, they might feel that it marks them as an even easier target for bullying/abuse (sad to say).

I don't know what the solution is.  I've never seen any such thing in any video game (other than catering for those with visual impairments like color blindness).  I think the closest we've come is with Ranked, which in theory lets people play with other people of similar skill level/ability, but that had some significant challenges/issues with it.

I wish you well in tanking and hope you encounter more good-natured people than bad.

Phoenixrex #16 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 13:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 22791 battles
  • [FH_PB] FH_PB
Hi I am also an disabled player and the last thing I would want is bringing attention to it. Disabled people sometimes love online gaming or forums for the exact reason that people don't know they are disabled and treat them differently (not just bullies but also people who want to help).

HazmattsMilitia #17 Posted Nov 04 2017 - 19:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8307 battles
What do you define as "disabled"? mental, physical, both? Also, I'm not sure that giving a  disabled player a special badge would help, that's just asking for trouble.Any way, how would Wargaming be able to determine if a player is really disabled? They can't get any legal proof. (Although, the Russian government might be able to dig up something for Wargaming.:hiding:)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users