Cheat mods

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

roten1 #1 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 16:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30656 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D
We all have heard about the new system WOT is using to supposedly keep the fair play rules in check, and that 70 plus guys have been banned or   that account was banned, so how is it that we can send in replays of clans using aimbot mods, mods that allow them to shoot thru walls and rocks and the response is "thks for ur imput we will look into it" and literally nothing gets done. before the new system you would send in a replay wait for a bit and go to that clans list and see the guy banned. If WOT isn't going to actively ban these mod users why not just make them legal and solve the problem once and for all. just curious that's all and with the python eraser mods how can they catch guys using them unless they actually go thru the suspected cheaters computer files. 

Lethalhavoc #2 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 16:41

Major

• Players
  • 37986 battles

Send them here https://na.wargaming...support/tickets

If support doesn't do anything, then i suggest you re-watch the replay's in slow motion and see if they really are cheating.

Often players believe they are being hit through buildings, but fail to realize that a portion of their tank is hanging out, or there is a window.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, Oct 11 2017 - 16:44.

tannapabi #3 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 16:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36197 battles
because there is no such thing:  "mods that allow them to shoot thru walls and rocks "

Nunya_000 #4 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 16:42

Major

• Players
  • 20700 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postroten1, on Oct 11 2017 - 07:38, said:

We all have heard about the new system WOT is using to supposedly keep the fair play rules in check, and that 70 plus guys have been banned or   that account was banned, so how is it that we can send in replays of clans using aimbot mods, mods that allow them to shoot thru walls and rocks and the response is "thks for ur imput we will look into it" and literally nothing gets done. before the new system you would send in a replay wait for a bit and go to that clans list and see the guy banned. If WOT isn't going to actively ban these mod users why not just make them legal and solve the problem once and for all. just curious that's all and with the python eraser mods how can they catch guys using them unless they actually go thru the suspected cheaters computer files. 

There is no mod that allows players to shoot through walls or rocks.  If you have proof and feel I am wrong, then show us the "proof".

QuicksilverJPR #5 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 16:44

Major

• Players
  • 21671 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View Postroten1, on Oct 11 2017 - 10:38, said:

...so how is it that we can send in replays of clans using aimbot mods, mods that allow them to shoot thru walls and rocks and the response is "thks for ur imput we will look into it" and literally nothing gets done.

Kinda stopped reading right about there.

Do you have graphics settings turned up to at least medium or high?  Because there is NO WAY to shoot through walls and rocks unless there is literally a space that exists to shoot through...

ThePigSheFlies #6 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 16:46

Major

• Players
  • 59076 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

less than 1% of the hackusations that have been flung at me via garage chat has the invertebrate whinging ever asked for a replay.

even when offered hard evidence of a replay and even screen shots, they double-down and type:  "enjoy your banz" or something equally entertaining.

e.g.  the infamous small rock on the cancer map known as mt pass.  small rock, with big butt target = farm.

the screen shot below serving as but a single illustration 

Lethalhavoc #7 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 16:46

Major

• Players
  • 37986 battles

View Posttannapabi, on Oct 11 2017 - 11:42, said:

because there is no such thing:  "mods that allow them to shoot thru walls and rocks "

View PostNunya_000, on Oct 11 2017 - 11:42, said:

There is no mod that allows players to shoot through walls or rocks.  If you have proof and feel I am wrong, then show us the "proof".

To be fair, a lag switch could achieve this effect.

Nunya_000 #8 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 16:54

Major

• Players
  • 20700 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostLethalhavoc, on Oct 11 2017 - 07:46, said:

To be fair, a lag switch could achieve this effect.

I do not think a lag switch will work on this game.  A lag switch depends on a system that will not terminate the user immediately once connection is broken between the users and the server.  From what I can tell, in WOT, the user is immediately disconnected from a battle once the data link is broken (even for a very short time).  We can reconnect and reenter a battle, and the game might take some time to notify the player the connection is lost, but it appears that any short term interruption of data disrupts the battle connection.

Lag switches are also very noticeable.  The player using a lag switch will often bounce around (warp speed) while other tanks are not jumping around.

Lethalhavoc #9 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 16:57

Major

• Players
  • 37986 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Oct 11 2017 - 11:54, said:

I do not think a lag switch will work on this game.  A lag switch depends on a system that will not terminate the user immediately once connection is broken between the users and the server.  From what I can tell, in WOT, the user is immediately disconnected from a battle once the data link is broken (even for a very short time).  We can reconnect and reenter a battle, and the game might take some time to notify the player the connection is lost, but it appears that any short term interruption of data disrupts the battle connection.

Lag switches are also very noticeable.  The player using a lag switch will often bounce around (warp speed) while other tanks are not jumping around.

I didn't say it was likely, i just said that, to be fair it was possible.

For obvious reasons, we cannot and should not delve much deeper into this.

Ak_Lonewolf #10 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 17:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27920 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
Moral of the story. Pay attention because 80% of WoT problems are user error or lack of player understanding.

GeorgePreddy #11 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 17:15

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View Posttannapabi, on Oct 11 2017 - 12:42, said:

Yes... that one phrase lets us all know not to take this thread seriously.

Markd73 #12 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 17:33

Major

• Players
  • 28619 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

View Postroten1, on Oct 11 2017 - 15:38, said:

mods that allow them to shoot thru walls and rocks

I would be curious to see what percentage of these "cheat/hax0r" posts are due to a lack of knowledge of game mechanics and/or the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Plays_With_Matches #13 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 17:39

Major

• Players
  • 25836 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6
I think a lot of the issues players have is a result of modeling. 

View PostNunya_000, on Oct 11 2017 - 10:42, said:

^^^^ This

Actually about the only thing that makes sense for being able to shoot through wall is differences between modeling of object. As in if you turn down the detail of the terrain then you are going to lose, well, detail. Perhaps ridge-lines are and walls are "smoothed" out obscuring cracks, dips, holes, etc... in objects that you can shoot through. These may be rendered for people playing with maximum setting and might appear as someone shooting through a ridgeline for people playing will low detail settings. This is just a thought but I do recall playing a couple of years ago when my shells would always hit the dirt right in front of the tank while trying to crest ridges. I assume that was attempting to shoot through an un-rendered rock or other object because my video settings were too low.

SuckerPuncher #14 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 18:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36839 battles
  • [GUNS] GUNS

View Postroten1, on Oct 11 2017 - 09:38, said:

Since you are looking for a location to send it to, you obviously have "proof" of some sort.  Try this:

1. Start a new thread with links to or youtube versions of your "proof" replays.  With an innocuous name like "Can I get your opinion on what is going on here?"
  2. To avoid name and shame ask for honest analysis of your replays on the board and ask if there is anything weird going on.
  3. The members of this board will look at your evidence and tell you what they see.  As long as you are not a prick about how you present your side of the issue (hint: saying "cheat mods" or HAX will instantly earn you the wrath of the people who could have been on your side) you should get pretty honest and surprisingly detailed responses to what your replays show.

Good luck and I hope you get educated or justice, whichever you deserve...

I_QQ_4_U #15 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 01:27

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14140 battles

I have on occasion been seemingly hit through solid objects but it's always only once, the first thing that comes to mind isn't cheats it's either wondering where the hole in that object might be, some sort of server lag, perhaps a bug in the direction indicators or in a couple cases I think it was a ricochet. I've never been hit multiple times when this happens and I can't see someone who might be using an illegal mod that could do this restraining themselves to only fire once.

Sgt__Guffy #16 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 03:49

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1801 battles

Option 1 Get rid of all modifiers, including the ones WG provide. Any player caught using a modifier gets a ban.

Option 2 Have a tick box where you can opt for a modifier free game. WG adjusts the reward system to reflect players play the game without the crutches. Anyone found using an illegal modifier gets an automatic ban.

Sorted.

Icon_Charlie #17 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 03:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14165 battles
  • [-DRB-] -DRB-

It's called a wall Hack. Yes it is real. The only question is that I am not sure if this hack been updated or not.  I have not readily seen this type of hack in 3500+ recent recorded battles. There are certainly many types of cheat mods I have recorded but I believe 99% of the so called "wall hacks" are easily explained away.

View PostSgt__Guffy, on Oct 11 2017 - 18:49, said:

Option 1 Get rid of all modifiers, including the ones WG provide. Any player caught using a modifier gets a ban.

Option 2 Have a tick box where you can opt for a modifier free game. WG adjusts the reward system to reflect players play the game without the crutches. Anyone found using an illegal modifier gets an automatic ban.

Sorted.

Now this makes a whole lot of sense.  I approve.

Edited by Icon_Charlie, Oct 12 2017 - 03:58.

Dukebarry #18 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 04:13

Major

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 30528 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

I love it. The American way now. Im not good at this game because all the good players use Hacks

Sgt__Guffy #19 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 04:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1801 battles

View PostDukebarry, on Oct 11 2017 - 21:13, said:

I love it. The American way now. Im not good at this game because all the good players use Hacks

Do they?

LegendaryBandit #20 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 05:59

Captain

• Players
  • 12367 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

View Postroten1, on Oct 11 2017 - 08:38, said:

You are very confused,

1. War Gaming has NEVER banned any account, they say they do, but in reality, its never happened, and never will on the NA server, no matter what they claim..

2. Illegal Mod, Aim Bots and use of according to War Gaming will get you banned. 

3. If you believe #2, re-read #1 

Now we come to 

4.  War Gaming's biggest cash cow is the premium shop, and all the goodies that are sold there. Now they also OWN or it appears they OWN the Mod Pack called WAR PACK that is purchased through a third party, and used by EVERY MAJOR CLAN, across all servers.

Why do these clans condone usage of War Pack, and why has War Gaming never went specifically  after War Pack?? 

Why does War Gaming NEVER address anything about War Pack??

Do like I did, uninstall the game, and find something else.. 

I never felt like after spending $50 to $150 a month in the Premium store, the need to give War Gaming/War Pack an additional $15 just so I could have an inflated WN8 and EGO 

And while I am on the Rant/Fact post, If a player is banned, then that Account can no longer be used or accessed, so, that being said, how come War Gaming, never post the IGN's from all these so-called banned accounts??

War Gaming will quote chapter and verse their policy about "naming and shaming" without ever realizing, with a banned account, the IGN is no longer usable so there goes that little BS argument..

Seriously, do like I did, uninstall.. I never have to deal with Hacks, cheats, and company that has not put a truthful statement in YEARS.. 

Why did I stop in tonight?? 

To read patch notes. 

Have a nice life kids

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users