• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

ColbyOtis #1 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 18:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6485 battles
  • [HIVE1] HIVE1

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

Edited by Volier_Zcit, Oct 12 2017 - 06:30.

CanOfTomatoes #2 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 19:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 20376 battles

Team kills/team damage penalty are not revocable or review-able is my understanding. No matter what was the actual circumstances surrounding the event. I got a TK for helping a overturned tank that I caused damage to getting him upright because he got team damage later that I did not do but being the first "offender" in the match I apparently caused his death. Serve it out.

Also the incident you stated, to actually get a suspension or even turn blue is a accumulation of damage over a short period of time. If they suspended you for 7 days it wasn't the single incident you have a history of "oops" moments. There is no good boy time frame you own it forever. Which is wrong there should be a time frame where they clean your slate because accidents do happen.

Edited by CanOfTomatoes, Oct 11 2017 - 19:01.

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #3 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 19:01

Captain

• Players
  • 64927 battles

LOL good luck in trying to get them to answer your questions. My experience with support is similarly frustrating.

Shammalammadingdong #4 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 19:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27905 battles
  • [F-J] F-J
That's how the automated team damage system works.  It's great at catching unintentional damage, such as in your case, while at the same time, allowing for the system to be played by players and clans who know exactly what they can get away with.  Watch a few of Klaus's "worlds biggest *sshole" videos.  Watch the pro's get around the automated system.  Player intent with replays means too much work for WGNA.

Ak_Lonewolf #5 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 19:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27920 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

Here is the thing... for a 7 day ban... You have a long history / track record with team damage. Its logged and tracked. The lesson that should be taken from this is... Don't Shoot Green Tanks. If you find that you cannot stop shooting green tanks... you need to adjust your play style and be more aware... Instead of driving on the side walk expecting others to get out of the way.

I accidentally shoot an ally every few days... it happens.. I haven't turned blue or gotten a ban in nearly 5 years. So there is that.

cloudwalkr #6 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 19:31

Major

• Players
  • 52210 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

First rule of support club:  no support.

second rule of support club: give no support.

3rd rule of support club:  there is no support club.

BillT #7 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 19:33

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 24520 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostAk_Lonewolf, on Oct 11 2017 - 13:24, said:

Here is the thing... for a 7 day ban... You have a long history / track record with team damage. Its logged and tracked. The lesson that should be taken from this is... Don't Shoot Green Tanks. If you find that you cannot stop shooting green tanks... you need to adjust your play style and be more aware... 

This is right.  I've accidentally hit teammates and like Lonewolf, I've never been banned and haven't turned blue in years.

The OP might want to consider installing the "Safe Shot" mod which prevents you from shooting teammates.  You'll still need to be careful about ramming damage. 

LesterQuaestor #8 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 19:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10290 battles

Block Quote

1. What happens to my premium time while I am suspended for no fault of my own???

This is the only valid complaint.

I don't know what happens to premium time while your account is suspended. But if premium time does count down and the incident was definitively not your fault, then you have a genuine issue that WG should respond to.

You do have, of course, the ultimate recourse: don't give them any more money.

WeSayNotToday #9 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 19:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12287 battles

View PostBillT, on Oct 11 2017 - 19:33, said:

This is right.  I've accidentally hit teammates and like Lonewolf, I've never been banned and haven't turned blue in years.

The OP might want to consider installing the "Safe Shot" mod which prevents you from shooting teammates.  You'll still need to be careful about ramming damage. 

I am with BillT on this, I have team damage every so often as well, but no 1- or 7-day ban.

You are doing more team damage than you think.  You might be shooting clanmates immediately after a battle, or you are 'taking the shot' in a close match even if an ally is obscuring the target, and hitting an ally.

On the plus side, you ARE accumulating battle buddy medals, but try to earn them more often.

Lastly, I am a mid-tier scrublord, and I think it really helps me learn about the game.  You might try more tier 4, 5, and 6 tanks.  Stay with them until your winrate is 49%+ in those tanks after more than 80 battles or so.  This might help you as well.

_Schneller_Heinz_ #10 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 19:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1931 battles

View Postcloudwalkr, on Oct 11 2017 - 19:31, said:

First rule of support club:  no support.

second rule of support club: give no support.

3rd rule of support club:  there is no support club.

+1

ColbyOtis #11 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 19:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6485 battles
  • [HIVE1] HIVE1

View PostAk_Lonewolf, on Oct 11 2017 - 13:24, said:

Here is the thing... for a 7 day ban... You have a long history / track record with team damage. Its logged and tracked. The lesson that should be taken from this is... Don't Shoot Green Tanks. If you find that you cannot stop shooting green tanks... you need to adjust your play style and be more aware... Instead of driving on the side walk expecting others to get out of the way.

I accidentally shoot an ally every few days... it happens.. I haven't turned blue or gotten a ban in nearly 5 years. So there is that.

Believe me or not. I shot a tank accidentally when I first started and one about 6 months ago, I have accidentally hit a few allies several times in close quarters in the year i have been playing doing little damage, but one that cost me 4000 credits 3 or 4 weeks ago. I had a day suspension and it jumped to 7 days for something I didn't do. If I did what you say where was the 3 day suspension. I understand that there are always people that don't believe you no matter how hard you try to be honest. Maybe you are right, but I don't think so. I don't try to shoot green tanks and don't expect anyone to get out of my way. I try very hard to be a team player.

65Camino #12 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 19:50

Captain

• Players
  • 28228 battles
  • [2CMBG] 2CMBG

Enable "Safe Shot" and that will take care of the friendly fire aspect of your situation. Be wary of "helping" overturned tanks. On the rare occasion a team mate overturns and I am in the area, I will help. If you are in a larger or more armoured tank, be careful, the slightest nudge the wrong way will damage him.

Other than that, don't hold your breath on WG coming to the rescue.

Doomslinger__ #13 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 19:53

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles
You would get a short 1 hour ban for 1st offence and it takes a lot of team damage just to get that. Then I think it is a 24h ban and you have to be making a habit of doing team damage to get that one. If you get a 7 day ban, that means you are team killing on a regular basis and griefing teams and doing things to sabotage your teams to make them lose. Ramming counts too. Are you one of those players that sees an ally peek a corner and then you drive up behind and push them out into enemy line of fire so they can't reverse back to safety? That small ramming damage counts too. Same for shooting tracks of allies even if you don't do any damage, eventually you get a ban for that. Pushing allies into water and they drown will count as well. Bumping allies on cap circles and doing damage can add up fast too since team damage done on cap circles has a multiplier applied to to and gets you banned sooner compared to team damage not done on the cap circles.

Edited by Doomslinger__, Oct 11 2017 - 20:00.

WeSayNotToday #14 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 19:56

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12287 battles

View PostColbyOtis, on Oct 11 2017 - 19:50, said:

Believe me or not. I shot a tank accidentally when I first started and one about 6 months ago, I have accidentally hit a few allies several times in close quarters in the year i have been playing doing little damage, but one that cost me 4000 credits 3 or 4 weeks ago. I had a day suspension and it jumped to 7 days for something I didn't do. If I did what you say where was the 3 day suspension. I understand that there are always people that don't believe you no matter how hard you try to be honest. Maybe you are right, but I don't think so. I don't try to shoot green tanks and don't expect anyone to get out of my way. I try very hard to be a team player.

Aside from the fact that you are accumulating team damage of some kind [like shooting clanmates after a victory or SOMEthing, constantly bumping teammates in the spawn area as everyone is leaving, etc.] that you are not aware of, you are exhibiting a good attitude.  Good luck, and welcome back when you have done your time.

V_A_C_A #15 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 19:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 18231 battles
  • [BREJO] BREJO

Did you just said... three questions? :ohmy:

Hellsfog #16 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 20:01

Major

• Players
  • 31184 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U
To get a 7 day ban, you shoot friendly tanks a lot. An awful lot. Frequently. 

MapleOne #17 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 20:02

Major

• Players
  • 22324 battles
  • [25CDN] 25CDN

Oh i'm pretty sure it's not accidental.....he's on my black list for a reason. 

Pretty sure he's the that's my spot and if you don't give it to me i will team kill you kinda player. 

Edited by MapleOne, Oct 11 2017 - 20:06.

TAR_b #18 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 20:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27115 battles
  • [MAWG] MAWG

I shoot and even TK friendly tanks every so often, usually for being idiots who are doing nothing to help the team, or in response to folks messing with me, or fooling around with clanmates at the end of stronghold matches,
and I rarely get more than just an hour or 24 hour ban. Sometimes I may get a chat ban for being rude. 

In order to get a seven day ban, you must be a super frequent offender. 

I don't believe the OP saying his team damage rarely happens.

Bad_Oedipus #19 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 20:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 32697 battles
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD
You cause a lot of "it's not may fault" damage to green tanks.  Consider getting one of modpacks that has safe shot, it helps a lot, especially to a new player (5K games, you're still a newbie).  

ColbyOtis #20 Posted Oct 11 2017 - 20:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6485 battles
  • [HIVE1] HIVE1

So help me GOD, to the best of my knowledge I have shot 2 friendly tanks in the year I have been playing. I have hit friendly tanks a FEW times as everyone has.

I think the automated system that can't make mistakes has made one, as was my suspension by their own admission. I never had a 3 day suspension.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users