The New HD Maps Are Mindblowing: With Updated Video!

sandbox maps map tactics hd maps steppes el haluf mines himmelsdorf

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

8bit_Gamer #21 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 01:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13955 battles

There are plenty of maps. I don't think the answer is NEW maps necessarily, just better designed maps. As it is now there are only 3 'kinds'of maps and they almost all consist of corridors.

We need variety and good map design, not more maps that play just like the ones we have now...

So I am looking forward to the redesigned HD maps. Hopefully they bring some new strategy and tactics.

LeaveIT2Beaver #22 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 01:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 28174 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

Mines will blow your mind. Absolutely stunning. This is the new entrance to the hill.

Spoiler

Hill looking at N base/ "TD hill" missing in action

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Oct 12 2017 - 01:59.

LeaveIT2Beaver #23 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 02:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 28174 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

View PostRedwave11, on Oct 11 2017 - 18:45, said:

I heard that any team with a WZ-111 5A would not load in, pretty weird bug

Yes and Chinese TD's are hanging a team out from what I just read in chat

ThePigSheFlies #24 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 13:53

Major

• Players
  • 59075 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Oct 11 2017 - 14:41, said:

The HD maps are total reworks. The "old" favorite spots are gone. They are truly like new maps. Before passing judgement with no experience  playing the new maps and posting snarky crap, you will need to play these maps to understand that It is a whole different ball game. Even the city maps are really changed up in format.

yeah, the reworked himmsledumb is totally no longer a tiny, city/funnel map...  oh, wait...

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Oct 11 2017 - 17:57, said:

Another shot. We are having trouble loading into certain maps. This map is so different than the present one it is not funny. Tank alley is 100% different - and this is tank alley below.

Tank alley

yeah, 100% different.  tank alley is totally the place to take a Leo 1 now, it's like zomg totally a different map!!1111

:rolleyes:

the fact that they made tweaks to different areas doesn't make the game play any different.  it will still be a brawling, peak-aboom borefest that we've had for 3-4 years.  making minor changes to where those peak-aboom engagements happen doesn't change the type of map in any meaningful way, other than making it prettier.  if anything all of the additional trash littered in the alleys make flanking maneuvers for paper tanks even more hazardous.

lost track of how many times I've already seen streamers flip their tanks on some of that crap

Colddawg #25 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 15:15

Major

• Players
  • 43227 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

I have a playlist on YouTube with some select clips from the map exploration.  Feel free to check them out at your leisure.

Videos are in 720p unfortunately, but gives you a good feel for the maps and atmosphere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv4Pw38Qrrk&list=PLiSerhWSuUwCkLZeO651pSkXJsMzoV0iS

willybeod #26 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 15:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 37563 battles
  • [OSSC] OSSC

Well WG for be semi-commended for finally bringing the game up the ''spec'', because it does look like a dog's breakfast compared to most 2015+ game releases (considering the player generated revenue its about damn time anyway).

That being said, most players reduce the graphic content to ensure smoother gameplay and better frame rate, so I could envisage only a select amount, with nitro charged super PC's and Laptops actually benefitting for something that is COSMETIC only (same as the HD tank concept...again YAWN). As well, WE WANT / NEED NEW MAPS and re-introduction and expansion of older ones taken out of the game for a myriad of BS reasons not a HD buff on something, the maps are frankly boring and repetitive and the map rotation is completely numbing to gameplay.

To me, yes hmmmmm GG, HD maps, and whoopee and who cares frankly, new maps would of generated MASSIVE interest back into the game, even 1 or 2. You can polish the glass all you want WG, the VIEW IS THE SAME and so will be the PLAYER EROSION.

Brian_Serowinski #27 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 20:26

Private

• -Players-
  • 11213 battles

I've got a 3 year old laptop.  I'm having 2 issues with sandbox.  My load time in around 1/2 the battles is an extra 30 - 40 seconds over start time, really not a surprise with such an old machine.  2nd the red highlight isn't on the enemy tanks properly when completely or partially behind a hill or object.  

Framerate and ping are a little slower, probably due to the location of the server, but the graphics are pretty nice.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users