Jump to content


Why I don't get into Grant Battles?

Why Dont Get Into Battles GB Grand

  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Ildasm #1 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 17:12

    Captain

  • Players
  • 40403 battles
  • 1,586
  • Member since:
    01-29-2012

View Postmadogthefirst, on Oct 12 2017 - 11:28, said:

Why you don't get into great battles, because you are on your team.

 

Oh you meant Grand Battles, that is because WG thoughr it be funny to make it tier 10 only and also give it a 1% chance of being created.

 

 

Hi Guys,

 

I have been trying to complete MT-15 for Obj 260 for about 200-300 games and was hoping to get into Grant Battles so to have a large pool of TD HP to complete that mission.

 

Unfortunately I haven’t gotten into a single great battle since it was first time released.

 

I have a check mark beside great battles in the menu and still no luck.

 

I do use Joves mods and XVM. Can this affect it?

 

I do use tier 10 tanks.

 

Let me know what could be the reason.

 

Thank you in advance.

 

Ildasm



_Tsavo #2 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 17:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 37452 battles
  • 13,666
  • [DIMBO] DIMBO
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

It's already a low chance to occur from only a single tier of tanks in queue.

 

You'll need 60 total players, and the tier ten queue doesn't normally get that high on the NA server.  I've been in 4 Grand Battles out of probably 200-some tier 10 games now.

 

 

All the effort and energy spent on the mode seems wasted if it's only going to pop up once in a blue moon and for some, it may never pop.  All of my Grand Battles have been in platoons



madogthefirst #3 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 17:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 21569 battles
  • 7,867
  • [CSA-1] CSA-1
  • Member since:
    12-28-2011

Why you don't get into great battles, because you are on your team.

 

Oh you meant Grand Battles, that is because WG thought it be funny to make it tier 10 only and also give it a 1% chance of being created.


Edited by madogthefirst, Oct 12 2017 - 19:32.


Ildasm #4 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 17:33

    Captain

  • Players
  • 40403 battles
  • 1,586
  • Member since:
    01-29-2012

View Postmadogthefirst, on Oct 12 2017 - 11:28, said:

Why you don't get into great battles, because you are on your team.

 

Oh you meant Grand Battles, that is because WG thoughr it be funny to make it tier 10 only and also give it a 1% chance of being created.

 

thank you made a correction to Grand Battles

AndrewSledge #5 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 17:34

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 25426 battles
  • 1,062
  • Member since:
    04-14-2014

Don't feel bad, it's not anything you're doing wrong; everybody on NA is in the same boat.



Dogsoldier6 #6 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 17:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 52602 battles
  • 2,464
  • [DD-S] DD-S
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011

I have been in ONE LOL

 

I know believe it is a myth...................................



Plays_With_Matches #7 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 17:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 25042 battles
  • 2,277
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012
Over 70 battles and 0 Grand Battle games for me :(

Awestryker #8 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 18:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 22946 battles
  • 2,069
  • Member since:
    01-15-2013

View Post_Tsavo, on Oct 12 2017 - 11:21, said:

All the effort and energy spent on the mode seems wasted if it's only going to pop up once in a blue moon and for some, it may never pop.

 

^^^Yep...wasted effort WG...gg...

And on top of that, lets add HD maps for which 70%+ of players will turn down graphic settings to improve PC performance or just for their style of play...gg again WG...

 

Make NEW maps WG...

 

 


Edited by Awestryker, Oct 12 2017 - 18:23.


Darkbee2Bee #9 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 18:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 31462 battles
  • 2,925
  • [-FG-] -FG-
  • Member since:
    06-23-2013

I have yet to play a single one.

 

I'm currently constructing a tin foil hat as we speak.  Surely this is a conspiracy against me.

 

I guess the best thing you can do is make sure you're playing tier 10s at prime times and hope for the best.

 

For me, I'm not bothered.  I will just play my tanks as I want to and if it happens, it happens.

 

P.S. Now you're trying to get into Grant battles: That requires a Tier 4 British medium.  ;)


Edited by Darkbee2Bee, Oct 12 2017 - 18:27.


Rake #10 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 18:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 48379 battles
  • 5,483
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

View Post_Tsavo, on Oct 12 2017 - 11:21, said:

It's already a low chance to occur from only a single tier of tanks in queue.

 

You'll need 60 total players, and the tier ten queue doesn't normally get that high on the NA server.  I've been in 4 Grand Battles out of probably 200-some tier 10 games now.

 

 

All the effort and energy spent on the mode seems wasted if it's only going to pop up once in a blue moon and for some, it may never pop.  All of my Grand Battles have been in platoons

 

I'm not so sure this is a queue issue.  I've had tier 10 battles within 2 seconds of signing on with about 7,000 players total on the server, which meant they had half the number needed for grand battles that quickly.  My impression is it's just more incompetence on WG's part and that they've now pissed off enough people that it may be too late to recover for this mode without expanding it well beyond tier 10.

_Tsavo #11 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 18:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 37452 battles
  • 13,666
  • [DIMBO] DIMBO
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

View PostRake, on Oct 12 2017 - 12:38, said:

 

I'm not so sure this is a queue issue.  I've had tier 10 battles within 2 seconds of signing on with about 7,000 players total on the server, which meant they had half the number needed for grand battles that quickly.  My impression is it's just more incompetence on WG's part and that they've now pissed off enough people that it may be too late to recover for this mode without expanding it well beyond tier 10.

 

I'd much prefer the 30 v 30 be something I can choose from tier 6 and up.  

 

WarGaming gives us a mode we want to play, but we can't choose to play it.  That's asinine.



BillT #12 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 18:48

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 23848 battles
  • 1,640
  • [FADES] FADES
  • Member since:
    08-13-2010

[deleted by author]


Edited by BillT, Oct 12 2017 - 18:49.


Apache1990 #13 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 18:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 32182 battles
  • 6,192
  • [ATKRE] ATKRE
  • Member since:
    06-16-2011
You can't get into Grant battles because there are never 60 Grants in queue, :P.

(The real answer is that Grand Battles were never actually implemented, was just something to distract people who weren't interested in the Chinese TD line until they realize there's no such thing.)

LeaveIT2Beaver #14 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 18:52

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28137 battles
  • 7,044
  • [BRIG] BRIG
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View Postmadogthefirst, on Oct 12 2017 - 11:28, said:

Why you don't get into great battles, because you are on your team.

 

Oh you meant Grand Battles, that is because WG thoughr it be funny to make it tier 10 only and also give it a 1% chance of being created.

 

Immaturity. That is what drives some people.

madogthefirst #15 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 19:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 21569 battles
  • 7,867
  • [CSA-1] CSA-1
  • Member since:
    12-28-2011

View PostApache1990, on Oct 12 2017 - 09:49, said:

You can't get into Grant battles because there are never 60 Grants in queue, :P.

(The real answer is that Grand Battles were never actually implemented, was just something to distract people who weren't interested in the Chinese TD line until they realize there's no such thing.)

They do exist or did, they are incredibly rare and much like a Bigfoot sighting out of focus.



Lexx2 #16 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 19:41

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 47842 battles
  • 70
  • Member since:
    05-09-2012
Everyone jump into a Tier 10 at 9pm EDT tonight and see if a Grand Battle appears! :)

Plays_With_Matches #17 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 19:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 25042 battles
  • 2,277
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostLexx2, on Oct 12 2017 - 13:41, said:

Everyone jump into a Tier 10 at 9pm EDT tonight and see if a Grand Battle appears! :)

 

We would need everyone ready to go and sync drop on match maker (perhaps use the General Chat).... But chances are that MM would take a dump. 

Rake #18 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 20:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 48379 battles
  • 5,483
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

View PostLexx2, on Oct 12 2017 - 13:41, said:

Everyone jump into a Tier 10 at 9pm EDT tonight and see if a Grand Battle appears! :)

 

No.  E-A-G-L-E-S

Altwar #19 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 20:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 49464 battles
  • 2,122
  • [A-F] A-F
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostPlays_With_Matches, on Oct 12 2017 - 10:45, said:

 

We would need everyone ready to go and sync drop on match maker (perhaps use the General Chat).... But chances are that MM would take a dump. 

 

Good idea but hard to work that with all the chat trolls spamming rage, immaturity and asking the age old a/s/l question...

Altwar #20 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 20:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 49464 battles
  • 2,122
  • [A-F] A-F
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostApache1990, on Oct 12 2017 - 09:49, said:

You can't get into Grant battles because there are never 60 Grants in queue, :P.

(The real answer is that Grand Battles were never actually implemented, was just something to distract people who weren't interested in the Chinese TD line until they realize there's no such thing.)

 

Need to have a Grant vs Lee tank team battle!





Also tagged with Why, Dont, Get, Into, Battles, GB, Grand

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users