Jump to content


Advice for Console to PC

Light tanks

  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

PocketJoey #1 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 20:29

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 211 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    03-06-2017

Long time player from console but I'm sick of paying for internet twice. Any advice that would help getting adjusted? Going for light tanks or anything exceedingly maneuverable, as I've had enough of the opposite



Strike_Witch_Tomoko #2 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 20:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 15574 battles
  • 11,943
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

my advice,  return to console.

WG cares about console more than PC.   which is why Console has gotten things such as weather, new maps, fun game modes, etc.

and why PC hasn't changed much in the past 3 years.  we've stagnated....and WG has removed rather than add.

 

there is hope of new stuff on sandbox...but we've had hope before



Nudnick #3 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 20:34

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21117 battles
  • 2,346
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013
The current meta is all about Russian mediums , then everyone else.

PocketJoey #4 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 20:39

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 211 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    03-06-2017

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Oct 12 2017 - 14:33, said:

my advice,  return to console.

WG cares about console more than PC.   which is why Console has gotten things such as weather, new maps, fun game modes, etc.

and why PC hasn't changed much in the past 3 years.  we've stagnated....and WG has removed rather than add.

 

there is hope of new stuff on sandbox...but we've had hope before

 

View PostNudnick, on Oct 12 2017 - 14:34, said:

The current meta is all about Russian mediums , then everyone else.

 

Inspiring guys, truly. Any advice that pertains to my situation?

Xeraux #5 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 20:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 18978 battles
  • 8,894
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011
Pick a medium line, any light line. Hardly matters, they're all decent enough. 

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #6 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 20:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 15574 battles
  • 11,943
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostPocketJoey, on Oct 12 2017 - 12:39, said:

 

 

Inspiring guys, truly. Any advice that pertains to my situation?

 

russian meds.

or chinese heavies

 



madogthefirst #7 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 21:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 21699 battles
  • 7,959
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE
  • Member since:
    12-28-2011

Save your crews as much as possible and move them up as you get your newest tank.

 

Brothers in Arms requires all crew members to have the skill at 100% before working, no it does not add 5% skill per member just a flat general 5% to the whole crew.

 

Certain skills are perks that don't work untill 100%.

 

Binocs>Camo Net

 

The thing in the bottom right corner is the minimap, pay close attention to it.

 

Green good, red bad, blue open season. Wait for a green to turn blue before shooting.

 

Game is not rigged, keep your tin foil hat off.

 

Vertical stabilizer>Gun laying drive, if it can mount a vert stab you mount it no questions asked!

 

Learn weakspots to save your wallet.

 

Most issues with the game are located between the keybaord and chair.

 

Right click on the team list to blacklist people to shut them up other wise turn off chat. Failing to do either of those you'll have yourself to blame.

 

Only ping the map once to provide info.

 

You have now leveled up from console peasant to PC master race pubbie.:honoring:



Mankoi #8 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 21:36

    Captain

  • Players
  • 42399 battles
  • 1,231
  • [ELLAS] ELLAS
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

View Postmadogthefirst, on Oct 12 2017 - 20:26, said:

 

 

Most issues with the game are located between the keybaord and chair.

 

Most clever comment i have heard in a long time



Yuri_Doujinshi #9 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 21:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 22891 battles
  • 2,968
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012
One important thing to note is that the spotted icon (6th sense) is a perk on the PC version. Unless you have that skill trained to 100%, you won't know if you are spotted or not. (IIRC the console version had it always on, no matter what your crew was at)

PocketJoey #10 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 21:43

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 211 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    03-06-2017

View PostYuri_Doujinshi, on Oct 12 2017 - 15:39, said:

One important thing to note is that the spotted icon (6th sense) is a perk on the PC version. Unless you have that skill trained to 100%, you won't know if you are spotted or not. (IIRC the console version had it always on, no matter what your crew was at)

 

Yeah this was a bit different, not knowing if I'm being looked at till the shots fly

PocketJoey #11 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 21:50

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 211 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    03-06-2017

View Postmadogthefirst, on Oct 12 2017 - 15:26, said:

Save your crews as much as possible and move them up as you get your newest tank.

 

Brothers in Arms requires all crew members to have the skill at 100% before working, no it does not add 5% skill per member just a flat general 5% to the whole crew.

 

Certain skills are perks that don't work untill 100%.

 

Binocs>Camo Net

 

The thing in the bottom right corner is the minimap, pay close attention to it.

 

Green good, red bad, blue open season. Wait for a green to turn blue before shooting.

 

Game is not rigged, keep your tin foil hat off.

 

Vertical stabilizer>Gun laying drive, if it can mount a vert stab you mount it no questions asked!

 

Learn weakspots to save your wallet.

 

Most issues with the game are located between the keybaord and chair.

 

Right click on the team list to blacklist people to shut them up other wise turn off chat. Failing to do either of those you'll have yourself to blame.

 

Only ping the map once to provide info.

 

You have now leveled up from console peasant to PC master race pubbie.:honoring:

 

I've played a lot of battles (25,000) on console if it may be inferior. Just need help with stuff that differs like crew, what reticle is easy to use, ergonomic stuff. Stuff like the blacklist I didn't know about 'til recently. And advice on light tanking passive/active as I've got little experience with that.

1mp0ster #12 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 22:25

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 34724 battles
  • 1,246
  • [NVRDI] NVRDI
  • Member since:
    07-13-2013
Stick with console. Console gamers never play PC games because competition in PC is too high. Noob console players should stick with their own kind. Don't kid yourself thinking you can play with the big boys.

PocketJoey #13 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 22:28

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 211 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    03-06-2017

View Post1mp0ster, on Oct 12 2017 - 16:25, said:

Stick with console. Console gamers never play PC games because competition in PC is too high. Noob console players should stick with their own kind. Don't kid yourself thinking you can play with the big boys.

 

Wow thanks I'll write that down.

Capt_Nixon #14 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 02:44

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4489 battles
  • 89
  • [FLARE] FLARE
  • Member since:
    09-14-2014

View PostPocketJoey, on Oct 12 2017 - 15:28, said:

 

Wow thanks I'll write that down.

 

​Ignore him. Snarky posters like that aren't the ones you want advice from anyway ... the really skilled players are almost always humble and helpful. The snarky, condescending ones are typically trying to make up for in forum bravado what they lack in battlefield prowess.

1mp0ster #15 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 03:36

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 34724 battles
  • 1,246
  • [NVRDI] NVRDI
  • Member since:
    07-13-2013

View PostCapt_Nixon, on Oct 13 2017 - 02:44, said:

 

​Ignore him. Snarky posters like that aren't the ones you want advice from anyway ... the really skilled players are almost always humble and helpful. The snarky, condescending ones are typically trying to make up for in forum bravado what they lack in battlefield prowess.

 

Says the guy with 2k battles in 3 years....

PocketJoey #16 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 05:43

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 211 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    03-06-2017

Can anybody help me with this 86+14 gunner is a 100 percent trained but there is still debuffs on stats? What is that?



madogthefirst #17 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 07:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 21699 battles
  • 7,959
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE
  • Member since:
    12-28-2011

View PostPocketJoey, on Oct 12 2017 - 20:43, said:

Can anybody help me with this 86+14 gunner is a 100 percent trained but there is still debuffs on stats? What is that?

Screen shots and or replays would help us help you when you got questions. Rule of thumb screen shot or it didn't happen. (You'll need to upload them to a image hosting site such as tinypic, replays to wotreplays.)

 

Is the gunner trained to the tank? What do you mean 86+14? What tank is it? Is it a premium tank but the gunner is trained to a tank not of the same class as the premium?

 

Edit: After giving it some thought the 86+14 is that your gunner is at 86% much like your commander.

 

The plus 14 is bonus crew efficiency 9 from the commander bonus which is 10% of the commander's proficiency rounded and the other 5 in the 14 is from either Brothers In Arms perk on all crew or you have vents mounted.

 

How this works is your gunner which is at 86 is getting a 14 proficiency bonus so he operates as if he was at 100%. It is possible to have crew member over 100% proficient with the bonuses.

 

While your gunner operates as if he is at 100% he can not gain perks and skills until he actually reaches a base 100%.


Edited by madogthefirst, Oct 13 2017 - 07:25.


1mp0ster #18 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 09:28

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 34724 battles
  • 1,246
  • [NVRDI] NVRDI
  • Member since:
    07-13-2013

View PostPocketJoey, on Oct 13 2017 - 05:43, said:

Can anybody help me with this 86+14 gunner is a 100 percent trained but there is still debuffs on stats? What is that?

 

He is not 100% trained. He is only trained 86. That other 14 comes from other things. For example, Brothers in Arms on all crewmen gives a +5, Improved Vent equipme goves 5, and the Commander gives a passive to all the other crewmen based on the commander's skill percent. I think the amount is 10% of commander train percent. So if a commander is at 80, all the other crewmen also get +8. When you have a full 100% crew with BIA and Vents, the commander will be at 110 (100+10), and all other crewmen will be at 121 (100+21). That 21 is 5 from BIA, 5 from vents, 11 from commander because 10% of commander's 110.

Zakume #19 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 11:04

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 29999 battles
  • 4,512
  • Member since:
    09-19-2010

View PostPocketJoey, on Oct 13 2017 - 04:43, said:

Can anybody help me with this 86+14 gunner is a 100 percent trained but there is still debuffs on stats? What is that?

 

If the number is in red the crew aren't trained for that tank and there will be penalties.



PocketJoey #20 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 17:21

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 211 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    03-06-2017

View Postmadogthefirst, on Oct 13 2017 - 01:07, said:

Screen shots and or replays would help us help you when you got questions. Rule of thumb screen shot or it didn't happen. (You'll need to upload them to a image hosting site such as tinypic, replays to wotreplays.)

 

Is the gunner trained to the tank? What do you mean 86+14? What tank is it? Is it a premium tank but the gunner is trained to a tank not of the same class as the premium?

 

Edit: After giving it some thought the 86+14 is that your gunner is at 86% much like your commander.

 

The plus 14 is bonus crew efficiency 9 from the commander bonus which is 10% of the commander's proficiency rounded and the other 5 in the 14 is from either Brothers In Arms perk on all crew or you have vents mounted.

 

How this works is your gunner which is at 86 is getting a 14 proficiency bonus so he operates as if he was at 100%. It is possible to have crew member over 100% proficient with the bonuses.

 

While your gunner operates as if he is at 100% he can not gain perks and skills until he actually reaches a base 100%.

 

Thanks it makes sense now because the commander is at 91 and I have vents mounted





Also tagged with Light tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users