• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

GHR1227 #1 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 07:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43258 battles
  • [TIGR] TIGR

SO here goes!

CAN I PLEASE HAVE ONE BATTLE WHERE 6TH SENSE ACTUALLY GOES OFF *BEFORE* I AM SHOT!?!!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?

The most insulting part of "6th sense" is for it to go "beep beeeep" *AFTER* I JUST TOOK A NEAR or ACTUALLY FATAL HIT!

I mean Wargaming needs to change the name from "6th sense" to "you just done been shot now- btw *beep-beep* you were just spotted"

It is just useless other than to be noise the way it is now....just totally useless!

Sarcasm aside 6th sense really needs to be renamed.  It is not 6th sense in any shape or form in it's current -6- 3 second delay state.

It's really grating to be shot at first THEN have 6th sense go off.   It is NOT 6th SENSE.  >:|

Edited by GHR1227, Oct 13 2017 - 15:11.

Derp_o7 #2 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 07:11

Captain

• Players
  • 30934 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO

6th Sense has a 3 second delay after you were lit. 

/thread. 

mrmojo #3 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 07:33

Captain

• Players
  • 18168 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
Dunno seems a little buggy lately - not going off and getting hit anyway...

Clickenhof #4 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 09:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31305 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK

View Postmrmojo, on Oct 13 2017 - 16:03, said:

Dunno seems a little buggy lately - not going off and getting hit anyway...

With you on this one

Da_Craw #5 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 12:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21426 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5
Got hit twice without 6th going off.  Both times it turned out I got shot by someone aiming at a tank behind me.

Awestryker #6 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 12:47

Major

• Players
  • 23013 battles

View PostGHR1227, on Oct 13 2017 - 01:10, said:

SO here goes!

CAN I PLEASE HAVE ONE BATTLE WHERE 6TH SENSE ACTUALLY GOES OFF *BEFORE* I AM SHOT!?!!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?

The most insulting part of "6th sense" is for it to go "beep beeeep" *AFTER* I JUST TOOK A NEAR or ACTUALLY FATAL HIT!

I mean Wargaming needs to change the name from "6th sense" to "you just done been shot now- btw *beep-beep* you were just spotted"

It is just useless other than to be noise they way it is now....just totally useless!

Sarcasm aside 6th sense really needs to be renamed.  It is not 6th sense in any shape or form in it's current 6 second delay state.

It's really grating to be shot at first THEN have 6th sense go off.   It is NOT 6th SENSE.  >:|

After 43,000+ games I would think you would know this...but go watch this first video please...it will help...and I added two other videos for your edification...

Explaining Mechanics - Visibility System

https://www.youtube....h?v=7qrQ1UPltXg

Explaining Mechanics - Armor Penetration

https://www.youtube....h?v=UFktFSJZPsQ

Explaining Mechanics - How to Block Damage

https://www.youtube....h?v=WX4o2Yaf0hU

I re-watch these videos every so often myself, for a refresher...

Edited by Awestryker, Oct 13 2017 - 12:48.

Awestryker #7 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 12:49

Major

• Players
  • 23013 battles

View PostDa_Craw, on Oct 13 2017 - 06:33, said:

Got hit twice without 6th going off.  Both times it turned out I got shot by someone aiming at a tank behind me.

^^^And this happens a lot, especially if your a scout...pisses me off no end people setup behind a scout spotting for them...

GHR1227 #8 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 14:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43258 battles
  • [TIGR] TIGR

View PostAwestryker, on Oct 13 2017 - 05:47, said:

After 43,000+ games I would think you would know this...but go watch this first video please...it will help...and I added two other videos for your edification...

Explaining Mechanics - Visibility System

https://www.youtube....h?v=7qrQ1UPltXg

Explaining Mechanics - Armor Penetration

https://www.youtube....h?v=UFktFSJZPsQ

Explaining Mechanics - How to Block Damage

https://www.youtube....h?v=WX4o2Yaf0hU

I re-watch these videos every so often myself, for a refresher...

And this is applicable to my comment about 6th sense failing to go off how?

GHR1227 #9 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 15:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43258 battles
  • [TIGR] TIGR

View PostDerp_o7, on Oct 13 2017 - 00:11, said:

6th Sense has a 3 second delay after you were lit. 

/thread. 

OK.  A three second delay.  Check. Got that.  

This is about when it doesn't trigger at all until well beyond that 3 seconds.

Maybe lag or packet loss making for a delay idk.

cnumartyr #10 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 16:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8493 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ

Haven't noticed it being buggy.  

To address getting hit when it doesn't go off:

1) Someone aimed at a tank that was lit and you were infront / to the side and their shot hits you.

2) If you were lit before and return to the same location some players will fire at it. 

3) Some players pre-fire common locations.  I pre-fire on the bushes on Paris all the time.

If you are getting hit before it goes off - were you peaking an area you had peaked before and/or someone else had peaked?  Someone is likely pre-aiming it.

GHR1227 #11 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 18:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43258 battles
  • [TIGR] TIGR

View Postcnumartyr, on Oct 13 2017 - 09:07, said:

Haven't noticed it being buggy.  

To address getting hit when it doesn't go off:

1) Someone aimed at a tank that was lit and you were infront / to the side and their shot hits you.

2) If you were lit before and return to the same location some players will fire at it. 

3) Some players pre-fire common locations.  I pre-fire on the bushes on Paris all the time.

If you are getting hit before it goes off - were you peaking an area you had peaked before and/or someone else had peaked?  Someone is likely pre-aiming it.

I don't think it's any of those really.   

I cannot give a good example, but it's not just me.  I know I will be in a platoon and my 'toon mate saying "how was I shot (killed) w/o 6th sense going off!?"

OR in a battle someone will say something like that.  The 6th sense function is supposed to have a 3 sec delay, but I think there is an RNG  component to when it triggers after that delay period is up.  And seems if you commander is injured it will fail to go off, but even when healed it still will not go off.

This game is just dumb-stupid anyway.  World of Tanks is  Bi-Polar.  Wargaming doesn't know if it's a simulator or an arcade game. 

All this RNG makes it an arcade game.   But the gun penetration mechanics, spotting, view range limits, camouflage stuff makes it a simulator.  

A stupid complex simulator not an arcade game.   IT is dumb mixing the two.    And that is what makes the game stupid. 

My clan mates play less every day and I plan to as well.    The 4k PR players only play 2-3 battles if that a week plus strongholds.

Cannot stomach the BS.

Edited by GHR1227, Oct 13 2017 - 18:18.

cnumartyr #12 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 18:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8493 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ

Thats the other thing, 6th sense only goes off when you initially get spotted.  If you are going out quickly (before you've dropped) you won't get a new notification.

Count to 12.

TheBaldguy #13 Posted Oct 16 2017 - 05:13

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6938 battles

View PostAwestryker, on Oct 13 2017 - 05:49, said:

^^^And this happens a lot, especially if your a scout...pisses me off no end people setup behind a scout spotting for them...

They do it w/low profile TDs too. Especially damnable japanese super heavies. 

TheBaldguy #14 Posted Oct 16 2017 - 05:16

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6938 battles

View Postcnumartyr, on Oct 13 2017 - 11:59, said:

Thats the other thing, 6th sense only goes off when you initially get spotted.  If you are going out quickly (before you've dropped) you won't get a new notification.

Count to 12.

This. You've got to be stealthed before it goes off again.

Three seconds can be an eternity depending on what you're in. You can get one-shot and die before it goes off. Of course, dead commanders get no sixth sense, unless they are Bruce WiIlis.

Griffon327327 #15 Posted Oct 16 2017 - 08:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 69763 battles

6th sense has a 3 second delay ,,, in the best case scenario  low FPS lag or ping increases this exponentially also having a modern fast gaming rig has a lot to do with 6th sense

I rarely if ever have issues with 6th sense but usually sometimes it is purple or blue players because they usually have crews of 5 skills plus

if you are using a budget lap top lets say 2.0 GHZ and a internet speed of 25mbs on a normal router with bargain basement ram chips and 7500 rpm mechanical drive etc..

you are going to be at a major disadvantage when up against a player running a 4 core cpu water cooled to 5.7 ghz 32 gigs of low latency gaming ram and a SSD hard drive running a giga bit router on a 200 mbs internet line and last but not least getting 200 FPS on max hd graphics ... you know with 8 gig video card using GDDR ram and 2k bit core (not 256 bit or 128 bit )

rich kids with state of the art systems can do wonders

Griffon327327 #16 Posted Oct 16 2017 - 09:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 69763 battles

also another thing that is never mentioned is that not only is crew skills make a major difference but also affects RNG

if you have a crew with 5 or more skills it lowers RNG because the crew is seasoned they can fire when moving and locked on with better success then ones firing with lower skills and stationary

remember if you ever played arty.. where you aim has NOTHING to do with where it actually goes and RNG means everything ..the only players that actually hit exactly where they aim at is solid red players

wargaming removes RNG unpredictability for red players so never laugh at enemy red arty they are deadly because unlike all other arty if you are sitting exactly where they are aiming your toast .

dunniteowl #17 Posted Oct 16 2017 - 14:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 18414 battles

I'll just report that, since the spotting mechanics changes (the visibility to spotting is faster, so you get lit and seen faster now, depending on distance) in 9.17 I believe it was or maybe 9.16 with the new physics, the fact that you are spotted faster than previously makes the 6th Sense mostly useless.  It used to be you could be spotted, but it would take a second or so longer to see you in fact (time it took to light up after being spotted) and having 6th Sense go off in 3 seconds was useful.

Now?  I use it when I know someone isn't near me.  That light goes off and I haven't been hit yet?  That means no-one is taking advantage of me being spotted.  Since those changes (I have 2 crews with 6th on the Commander) I have been shot, destroyed or badly hit BEFORE 6th even goes off.  I noticed this immediately after the spotting timing check changes.  Since that time, 6th Sense is mostly useless and I am reconsidering it as NOT being the absolute MUST all seem to be talking about.

I'm not saying it's useless.  I'm saying now it's mostly useless.  These days you have to pay more attention to the mini-map than ever and be looking around you.  You cannot rely on 6th Sense to save your bacon unless the other team is really bad now.  If it goes off and you haven't been hit, then you're being ignored.

That said, on Himmelsdorf, I literally arty popped two units that drove by on a sidestreet where I was sitting in the open, completely exposed, facing that sidestreet coming from below the castle in the west where the little sidestreet from the main drag goes to the road under the castle; and I simply let them have it as they drove past!  One guy I killed and the other guy took a hit and kept on going for about 40m and then turned around for another pass after he realized I was there!

I mean, it's not like I was HIDING, right?  There are a lot of folks who simply are not paying attention to the mini-map and them having 6th Sense isn't going to make all that much a difference since the spotting timing changes.  In this instance, a team mate who WAS watching the mini-map drove up and took my position just before that tank came back.  Whew!

Not everyone hates on arty, thank goodness!

Moral of the story:

6th Sense is mostly useless now and you should only rely on it to keep you from being arty pounded.  Otherwise, more than likely, you'll spot the spotter before 6th goes off.  If it goes off and you are not hit -- MOVE!  Other than that, anything that IMPROVES your spotting, imo, is going to be better than having 6th Sense.

GL, HF & HSYBF

strenfoo #18 Posted Oct 16 2017 - 14:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11723 battles
  • [C_NTS] C_NTS
LOL.  Learn how sixth sense works and how to use it to your advantage.  It's something you should have figured out about 40,000 battles ago.

Edited by strenfoo, Oct 16 2017 - 14:59.

BruhRabbit #19 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 14:21

Private

• -Players-
  • 33118 battles
  • [RYZIN] RYZIN
Definitely a difference in 6th Sense going off since the Wednesday update. Getting hit with everything and it doesn't go off AT ALL. And Commander is not dead. Last battle got hammered. 6th sense didn't go off until the last seconds of the battle.

Edited by BruhRabbit, Oct 19 2017 - 14:22.

Komitadjie #20 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 14:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1030 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
Honestly, it's kinda useless for me at the moment. It theoretically has a three-second delay, but I've been counting it off, and it seems to run closer to eight for me, give or take a bit. I'm quite sure when I've been spotted, that would be the moment when I click, and my S1's shot dumps the camo to nothing and lets my target spot me. I'm not sure how to be more precise about the timing, but it is far more than three seconds at the moment in most cases. Since I'm relatively new at the game, few of my vehicles have it yet anyway, so I've gotten fairly used to watching positions and figuring when I'm going to get lit anyway so it's not a critical failure. You just don't want to count on it to be your only warning!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users