Jump to content


Match Maker is broken


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Raider_Reaper #1 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 08:39

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 10129 battles
  • 13
  • [ZSF] ZSF
  • Member since:
    06-20-2011
  MM is broken ... i see many rounds with 4 heavies (or more) on 1 side & only 1 heavy on another side & usually its a lower tier heavy for the weaker side too  ... i see so many matches that are so completely one sided its like a lemming train of death  ( i usually play for 2 or 3 hours a day if not more)  .. i dont mind losing a match  or even a few .. but when the total is almost 10 in a row i myself as well as other people  get tired of it & stop playing & spending $$$$$$ ... i quit the game & started playing other games for a year & a half  .. ive been back for 6 to 8 months & im seeing the same thing i quit for .. now im not the best player .. im in the 48%  win bracket  but to lose 10 in a row is really getting old & its not just me .. i have 71 peps in my clan & they are all saying the same thing ... & our clan isnt a bottom tier clan either, we are ranked 640 in skirmishes & climbing  ... the devs / peeps that make this game need to fix the problem because we are losing people because of it .. which means they are losing $$$$$ .. PLZ FIX Match Maker

RedBaronK #2 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 08:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 35951 battles
  • 2,146
  • [MAIDS] MAIDS
  • Member since:
    11-26-2012

I haven't seen many games with tank type imbalances since 9.18 went live..... if you are still seeing 4 heavies vs 1 on a regular basis, that's quite a feat.

 

As for blowout matches, that's the broken player base... cant really say that's the MM.

 

What is/was broken with MM is giving constant tier 10s to tier 8 players... but I heard from someone recently even that has been sort of reduced.



ElfMagi2 #3 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 09:19

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 45258 battles
  • 684
  • [AIMED] AIMED
  • Member since:
    10-05-2013

They said they are fixing it next patch.

https://worldoftanks...r-improvements/



JTM78 #4 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 10:10

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 16997 battles
  • 752
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN
  • Member since:
    08-16-2013

View PostElfMagi2, on Oct 13 2017 - 02:19, said:

They said they are fixing it next patch.

https://worldoftanks...r-improvements/

 

While those are or maybe steps in the right direction. I am more concerned with tier 8 and tier 6 being bottom tier 95% of the time. Till WoT starts making the MM cycle through like WoT said it would be, I would rather have the old MM bad.

Lucudus58 #5 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 11:19

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 15789 battles
  • 279
  • [ICB] ICB
  • Member since:
    09-06-2015

View PostRaider_Reaper, on Oct 13 2017 - 08:39, said:

  MM is broken ... i see many rounds with 4 heavies (or more) on 1 side & only 1 heavy on another side & usually its a lower tier heavy for the weaker side too  ... i see so many matches that are so completely one sided its like a lemming train of death  ( i usually play for 2 or 3 hours a day if not more)  .. i dont mind losing a match  or even a few .. but when the total is almost 10 in a row i myself as well as other people  get tired of it & stop playing & spending $$$$$$ ... i quit the game & started playing other games for a year & a half  .. ive been back for 6 to 8 months & im seeing the same thing i quit for .. now im not the best player .. im in the 48%  win bracket  but to lose 10 in a row is really getting old & its not just me .. i have 71 peps in my clan & they are all saying the same thing ... & our clan isnt a bottom tier clan either, we are ranked 640 in skirmishes & climbing  ... the devs / peeps that make this game need to fix the problem because we are losing people because of it .. which means they are losing $$$$$ .. PLZ FIX Match Maker

 

Totally agree with you no matter what these TROLLS will say and respond to this great post and I know friends who have been with this game since day one have either quit or hardly every play anymore.

_Tsavo #6 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 11:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 37891 battles
  • 14,032
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

I dunno, I'm actually enjoying playing solo due to the new 3/5/7 but still grumble when platooned.  Which seems to be a bottom tier only curse.

 

 

I'm just happy I'm not against 6 more tier ten's than in my team, or the only tier 8 in a tier ten game with the enemy still getting more tier 10 tanks.



Stieger #7 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 12:24

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 32069 battles
  • 573
  • Member since:
    09-19-2010
I must be fortunate I havent seen any of this mismatch the biggest complaint I have is the use of spgs in a town map if you going to put arty into towns then restore the trajectory to it formal setting or stop putting arty into towns or make maps of towns and where u can set them up

Edited by Stieger, Oct 13 2017 - 12:25.


Blackstone #8 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 12:35

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9388 battles
  • 661
  • [-AK-] -AK-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View PostElfMagi2, on Oct 13 2017 - 03:19, said:

They said they are fixing it next patch.

https://worldoftanks...r-improvements/

 

OP: read article, butt-hurt gone.

Easy as that.



Da_Craw #9 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 12:36

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22146 battles
  • 2,038
  • [DOG5] DOG5
  • Member since:
    05-30-2014

View PostJTM78, on Oct 13 2017 - 03:10, said:

 

While those are or maybe steps in the right direction. I am more concerned with tier 8 and tier 6 being bottom tier 95% of the time. Till WoT starts making the MM cycle through like WoT said it would be, I would rather have the old MM bad.

 

Well, we all agree with you, but apparently so did the devs, as that article claims they are tweaking all of that stuff.  

Awestryker #10 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 12:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 23416 battles
  • 2,155
  • Member since:
    01-15-2013

Since the server merge its pretty rare to see way out of balance teams like you describe unless its after a reset or really low population hours...

Plus as others have said above, next patch address it...



OldFrog75 #11 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 14:14

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7837 battles
  • 1,832
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    02-23-2017
There have been a number of posts about the frequency of rollstomps and given I also feel like there are way too many of them, I decided to keep a log to see what the actual percentage of these is and report back to the Forum.  Long story short, there were so many fewer than I expected that I threw the log in the trash after two days.

TheMadPizzler #12 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 14:19

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 38376 battles
  • 566
  • [JARHD] JARHD
  • Member since:
    02-19-2011
OP's ability to pay attention to the game is broken!

FrozenKemp #13 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 14:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 42700 battles
  • 4,686
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostDa_Craw, on Oct 13 2017 - 06:36, said:

Well, we all agree with you, but apparently so did the devs, as that article claims they are tweaking all of that stuff.  

 

In all honesty, I do not see anything in the article about certain tiers being bottom tier too much.

 

It does look like the number of meds and heavies will be balanced now though.



NeatoMan #14 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 14:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 24411 battles
  • 15,597
  • Member since:
    06-28-2011

View PostOldFrog75, on Oct 13 2017 - 08:14, said:

There have been a number of posts about the frequency of rollstomps and given I also feel like there are way too many of them, I decided to keep a log to see what the actual percentage of these is and report back to the Forum.  Long story short, there were so many fewer than I expected that I threw the log in the trash after two days.

I wish more people would actually keep track, instead of "it feels like..."



Darkbee2Bee #15 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 14:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 32033 battles
  • 3,090
  • [-FG-] -FG-
  • Member since:
    06-23-2013

View PostOldFrog75, on Oct 13 2017 - 08:14, said:

There have been a number of posts about the frequency of rollstomps and given I also feel like there are way too many of them, I decided to keep a log to see what the actual percentage of these is and report back to the Forum.  Long story short, there were so many fewer than I expected that I threw the log in the trash after two days.

 

A classic case of confirmation bias.  Good for you, for doing something about it!

 

I've lost count the number of times I've thought I had a horrible gaming session; loss after loss.  Only to check the stats later to discover that it wasn't anywhere near as horrific as I thought.  It just seemed like it at the time.



tanki_206 #16 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 17:46

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 17750 battles
  • 3
  • [NOC] NOC
  • Member since:
    10-25-2016
tier mm is not only the problem stats matchmaking is also a problem I would get matched up like this all the good/average players is on one side and all the bad players is on my side and am not all that good but its starting to get old and ridiculous I hope they change that on the next patch if they want to get players back on this game and keep making money and just bring the 1 tier higher mm and get it over with that should be their final offer in mm

Edited by tanki_206, Oct 13 2017 - 17:48.


F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #17 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 19:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 45162 battles
  • 5,343
  • [BEAUT] BEAUT
  • Member since:
    07-25-2012

View Post_Tsavo, on Oct 13 2017 - 05:53, said:

I dunno, I'm actually enjoying playing solo due to the new 3/5/7 but still grumble when platooned.  Which seems to be a bottom tier only curse.

 

 

I'm just happy I'm not against 6 more tier ten's than in my team, or the only tier 8 in a tier ten game with the enemy still getting more tier 10 tanks.

 

You know, we have to be reminded of such things ... and this was a great reminder of those times when we could really say broken MM is broken.

 

 



frontflip2cool #18 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 20:13

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10159 battles
  • 215
  • [MASH] MASH
  • Member since:
    12-13-2014

View PostElfMagi2, on Oct 13 2017 - 09:19, said:

They said they are fixing it next patch.

https://worldoftanks...r-improvements/

Yeah I am starting to question everything WG does because since 9.18 came out there has been some REALLY QUESTIONABLE moves and decisions by them making me not sure what to believe anymore from them.



tanopasman62 #19 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 20:17

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13892 battles
  • 2,075
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016

Losing streaks are not MM's fault, as it can't control the flux of BRaindead apes when you click battle.

 

Making a x3 and offering 50k for winning 10 battles at the same time, to attract said apes, however, is WG's fault.



Gothraul #20 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 20:24

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 1526 battles
  • 3,108
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014
What is pissing me off is that after the merge there is much more 46% or lower excrement on in great numbers regardless of time of day. I really do miss playing on East at this point despite the cancerous magic lag that would have both teams raging.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users