• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

price300395 #61 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 10:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 21136 battles
  • [-GRD-] -GRD-

View PostTermitey, on Oct 18 2017 - 16:48, said:

I have been grinding differnt lines in my sea account as to my NA account just because i knew a merge was coming sometime ,, 

Meger the 2 accounts and im sorted ,, 

But now its just wth 

If this is the new merge then shove it i wont be transfering any accounts

shakes head in amazment at what WG is doing

True, i'm buying 3 tier  8 prem tank on asia and grinding 2 line on asia, since i can't buy premium day and prem tank on NA without using CC and Paypal, and i have same email on NA and ASIA account.

petereff #62 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 12:55

Private

• Players
  • 32106 battles
I took advantage of the Nameless being on sale and bought it on my SEA account, fully expecting it to be merged into my NA account. I'm really annoyed about this especially when all communications indicated that the merge would occur. I have yet to receive any communication stating that the merge would not occur. Someone has screwed up big time.

Termitey #63 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 13:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 91047 battles
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z

no they have said muliple accounts are ok

multiple TROLL accounts arnt

geertt2 #64 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 14:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 20288 battles

Dear Wargaming,

The following is my feedback about your recent choices.

1.) No heads up about the NA West/East Merge. Didn't bother to get the player base opinions. Mistake # 1

2.) No updates about server transfers for more than 2 months. Mistake # 2

3.) Have absolutely no idea what is going to happen to EU players. Mistake # 3

4.) Failure to keep promises. Account Merge for APAC servers now becomes account transfers with NO merge. Mistake number #4.

There is a saying..... fool me once shame on you. fool me twice shame on me... 

Someone tell me.. what about fool me thrice and quadruple times? 

Not a happy camper.

Termitey #65 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 15:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 91047 battles
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z

Oh yeah EU will be a Transfer as well if you go 

so [edited]funny

awsome work WG :medal:

Clickenhof #66 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 16:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 113 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
Live in Australia....will stay on NA server thanks. Too many bad things have been said to me about APAC players.

ket101 #67 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 23:30

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18441 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M
The idea of having two accounts on the one server isn't going to be practical for many of the people who have applied to transfer.  They almost certainly would have used the same email address as the login details for both servers, which makes it difficult to know which account you would get if you tried to login.  Some people may even have used the same password.  And changing the email address is known to be problematic.  Not that too many people actually use more than one email address in order to change one of the accounts to an alternative.  This decision does not seem to have been well considered.

driesp #68 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 00:28

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles

View PostClickenhof, on Oct 18 2017 - 23:34, said:

Live in Australia....will stay on NA server thanks. Too many bad things have been said to me about APAC players.

I have played on both servers, SEA community is way more laid back and doesn't rage as much as NA server community.

driesp #69 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 00:31

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles

I have been enjoying playing other games while wargaming blamed the undersea cable for it not transferring our accounts as promised.

Now I guess the lesser known spotted sea turtle is to blame for the accounts no longer being merged. I am uninstalling this [edited]&y game. Will consider reinstalling once the account is transferred AND merged with credits provided for duplicate tanks as promised.

Edited by driesp, Oct 19 2017 - 00:31.

Pete_the_Meat #70 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 05:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 489 battles

Im a kiwi and have accounts on both this server and the ASIA server...the reason we are getting our own peripheral server is because of the horrendous ping and latancey issues we have with the ASIA server..usually around 250-350 ping and huge lag spikes (I Have had games where my tank is hopping across the map)
Also with the main cable being broken all the time by asian fishermen it means we get even worse rerouting spikes.
They are fixing the cable and putting in a 40 Tb cable...but it wont be finished till around april next year.
The ASIA server has lost a lot of aussie and kiwi players due to the bad gaming lags and pings so WG finally decided it would be best to address the issue and give us a server (after 4 years of asking).
Heck many of us kiwis and aussies wanted to come back to the NA server before the West Coast server was removed..but now that you only have the East Coast server its pretty much the same either way we transfer...although the US cable is a lot more stable than the ASIA cable.

At the moment the AUS/NZ server will only be up for a few hours a day...or evening, but if we can get more Kiwis and Aussies on the server then it will eventually become a full time server, but still a part of the ASIA WG...heck it might even be better for the Hawaiian players too

TinDingoUS #71 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 06:30

Private

• -Players-
  • 506 battles

Question for Wargaming...

How can the transfer process be automated?

There will situations where the In_game_name used in NA is already used in Asia (sometimes a single player will own both, sometimes two different players).

I such cases will the transfer fail so we are stuck on NA?

Will the In_game_name used in NA be changed to something else without any input from the player?

Have these questions been addressed? - If so, can you please share the details.

6EVIL9 #72 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 06:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 32313 battles
  • [OSSC] OSSC

I guess WG decided that it is some effort to merge accounts and we are not worth a penny, so changed their mind about merging.

They don't give sht about what they promised or what we feel, it always been like that.

It is more profitable to make some unreal tanks as Grille, Nameless, waffentragers and others than do something of their customers.

No wonder number of active players constantly decrease as hardly anyone recommends Wargaming due to its TERRIBLE customer support.

shame, shame shame. and they expect us to support them in Australia and populate new server and promote the game. FAIL

ndscrmn8 #73 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 08:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 15288 battles

Well, I'm interested.

If you could just either:

a) let me know how i can test the server?

or

b) confirm what my latency will be?

and/or

c) confirm how many players will be on it

Edited by ndscrmn8, Oct 19 2017 - 08:02.

Pikey13A #74 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 04:47

Private

• Players
  • 6549 battles

Account mergers are the right thing to do its what you offered me when I accepted. If there is a big old expensive technical problem explain it apologise and at least do the minimum of ensuring people can keep their IGN on the account of their choice.

Perhaps you could offer the transfer with a promise of an account merge later when you have figured it out.

Jarms48 #75 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 05:30

Captain

• -Players-
  • 117 battles
Probably has been mentioned before, but the Australian server will be only open during peak hours at launch. Any other time you’ll have to connect to SEA, where the connection can get pretty bad especially if the underwater cables gets damaged. 

ket101 #76 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 05:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18441 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M

View PostJarms48, on Oct 20 2017 - 14:30, said:

Probably has been mentioned before, but the Australian server will be only open during peak hours at launch. Any other time you’ll have to connect to SEA, where the connection can get pretty bad especially if the underwater cables gets damaged. 

Ping seems to have been restored to normal now, though.  Getting 105 to 115.  Ping to a Sydney server should be pretty good, being in the same metropolitan area.

mrmojo #77 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 06:38

Major

• Players
  • 20408 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
No Tank Rewards is a big minus compared to NA.

Vladamir_Inhaler #78 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 06:46

Captain

• Players
  • 53995 battles
  • [AC_DC] AC_DC

View Postndscrmn8, on Oct 19 2017 - 16:32, said:

Well, I'm interested.

If you could just either:

a) let me know how i can test the server? I'll defer to someone else

or

b) confirm what my latency will be? How long is a piece of string?

and/or

c) confirm how many players will be on it Sweet FA initially would be my guess. For any number of reasons already mentioned in the thread you won't get the whole AUS/NZ player base move, so it'll mean the US Offpeak / ANZ Peak player base split between two servers - leaving those who stayed with NA having to cope with a smaller server pop, and those who shift to ANZ with essentially the same issue along with a lack of ability to transfer back once the exercise is shown to be futile. If they added in the ability to transfer back to NA within a (say) 3 month time period if they find it not working, you'd get a LOT more test the waters, a better experience and more successful exercise, and paradoxically a LOT fewer actually wanting to transfer back.

Manaz #79 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 10:29

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 4917 battles

I don't have an account on the Asia server, so for me, it doesn't matter.

But to force people to have two separate accounts - that's just nuts.  Merge them as promised.  If you can't do it, you shouldn't have promised it.

What I'd love to see is the ability to reset an account during a transfer - give me all the credits/exp/gold I've earned/spent over the years I've played (since beta) back for redistribution on the new server.  Set me back to owning nothing, having no tanks, no crew, but all the training and gold and credits that I've spent along the way on the things that currently sit in my account, and let me use them to build up again.

Frankly, given the way the game has evolved over the years, a reset of some kind should be offered every so often anyway - just to account for the vastly different play experience that today's player has over yesteryear's player - tanks that used to be competitive are now hopeless, and vice versa.

Manaz #80 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 10:31

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 4917 battles

View PostJarms48, on Oct 20 2017 - 04:30, said:

And to be honest - the SEA-ME-WE3 cable breaks every time an Indonesian fisherman drops a line...

For any number of reasons already mentioned in the thread you won't get the whole AUS/NZ player base move, so it'll mean the US Offpeak / ANZ Peak player base split between two servers - leaving those who stayed with NA having to cope with a smaller server pop, and those who shift to ANZ with essentially the same issue along with a lack of ability to transfer back once the exercise is shown to be futile.

This.  Many times this.

A history lesson.  Back in the late 1990s and early 2000s, EA ran a game called Ultima Online, which had a number of US "shard" servers, with many Aussies and Kiwis playing on US West Coast shards.  I was part of a group of players (AUOSA was the name we took - Australian Ultima Online Shard Appeal) who finally convinced EA to give us a local server.  I've got stuff signed by Richard Garriott ("Lord British") and Raph Koster (lead designer for UO and later Star Wars Online, "Designer Dragon") as a result of my part in this.

As it was, this broke the user population apart, with some users choosing to stick with their characters on US servers, and some moving to the new shard.  The game was "empty", but would have (IMHO) survived but for what came next.

What really killed it though was a fundamental change to the nature of UO that came about very shortly afterwards - the separation of the world into "Fellucia" and "Trammel", where one side was free entirely of PvP (it was unhappily known as "CareBearLand").  It destroyed the game, and ultimately EA pulled the AU shard when the user population died.

WG have a real chance to kill the game for many Aussies if they don't get this right.  And if there's enough of us (and the Kiwis) to warrant the cost of hosting a server here, then that's not an insubstantial amount of money for them to lose...

Edited by Manaz, Oct 20 2017 - 10:44.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users