Australian server

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Tilith #1 Posted Oct 17 2017 - 09:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32827 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

so basically an australian server is coming to world of tanks after 6 years, but the problem is its on the asia server

so you are forced to transfer account to asia which is terrible

http://forum.worldof...anz-server-faq/

Like seriously, cant they just add the Australian server to america cluster.

Aegis270 #2 Posted Oct 17 2017 - 10:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11499 battles

View PostTilith, on Oct 17 2017 - 08:59, said:

so basically an australian server is coming to world of tanks after 6 years, but the problem is its on the asia server

so you are forced to transfer account to asia which is terrible

http://forum.worldof...anz-server-faq/

Like seriously, cant they just add the Australian server to america cluster.

Make as much sense to do it for Asia has here. Both have a large percentage of players that would prefer to play on an Australian server due to latency and connection problems. Not to mention, the current Asia server is experiencing sever problems because sharks attacked a cable in SEA, and they've having a hard time finding it to fix it. No really. This is causing some discontent for the AU/NZ players there, as they've getting severe problems getting a stable connection. 300ms ish from NZ personally. 

What would be ideal is the option to get access to it from either US or Asia servers. That way you could keep your account in US for when the server is not online, and still have access to it when needed. Having to switch to SEA, a server not exactly popular for many reasons, just to get access to a better server some of the time is going to doom the population before it can really get a chance to build. Which would be a damn shame. 

Lonewolfpj #3 Posted Oct 17 2017 - 13:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4017 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
I think it makes a lot more sense to be apart of the Asia group.

Icon_Charlie #4 Posted Oct 17 2017 - 14:34

Captain

• Players
  • 14188 battles
  • [-DRB-] -DRB-

View PostLonewolfpj, on Oct 17 2017 - 04:03, said:

I think it makes a lot more sense to be apart of the Asia group.

No it is not.  I retract my statement about WG doing something smart concerning having a Server in Australia.

KILLERAGEX #5 Posted May 15 2018 - 16:06

Private

• Players
  • 8896 battles

Why Australia/NZ Server should be part of the NA server group.

1. When the Australian/NZ Server is not on we can play on the much better American Servers.

2. We want to be playing with people we can communicate with that speak clear English because Australia/NZ has a massive language barrier been surrounded by many Asian countries and I don't feel like taking language class.

3. Many Australian/NZ players that play on the NA server have a lot of friends they play with from America and if they transfer then goodbye that relationship.

4. The list could go on but WG doesn't care anyway...

sleeper_agent #6 Posted May 15 2018 - 16:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 37834 battles
The server system needs to be remodeled for sure

Nyhan_Synapse #7 Posted May 15 2018 - 16:42

Private

• -Players-
  • 4666 battles
Lost my first account to the SEA transfer, that server was goddamn awful, the ping was good, for about a week, then it was worse than here on the NA server and the players are unbearable, the meta is terrible, and its completely full of bots. No way would I ever go over to the Asia server, even if it had an Aussie sub-server. Honestly, if anyone is thinking about it, don't + with the playerbase as low as it is these days, the AU server would be dead in no time. Argh, WG are such cvnts for what they pulled with that SEA server sh*t.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users