launcher opening error window and shutting down

crashing failure on startup

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

benjur #21 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 18:42

Private

• -Players-
  • 975 battles
I just had the same problem with my game, for the longest time (summer 2017) I could not log in. I could get to the play screen then the game would get to the updating garage symbol then freeze, i'd have to force quit the game to close the application. Now I have had the problem where I cannot open the app because it immediatly says shutting down then closes the app, any advice is very welcome! Thanks.

black_colt #22 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 21:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View Postbenjur, on Mar 14 2018 - 09:42, said:

I just had the same problem with my game, for the longest time (summer 2017) I could not log in. I could get to the play screen then the game would get to the updating garage symbol then freeze, i'd have to force quit the game to close the application. Now I have had the problem where I cannot open the app because it immediatly says shutting down then closes the app, any advice is very welcome! Thanks.

Look for a post from dstud208.

In the signature of his posts you will find a download link to the Studly Utility.  Download and install the Studly Utility.

Quit the WoT Mac Wrapper and make sure all world_of_tanks processes have closed and force-quit any open processes [use Activity Monitor].

Launch the Studly Utility, select [World of Tanks] [Troubleshooting] and click on [Reset Wrapper] - Note: You will not see any dialog box indicating the Wrapper has been reset - do not worry.

Select [General] and click on [Disable Torrents]

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper and you should be good to go.

Not sure if this resets any presets as I have not needed to use the Studly Utility for quite awhile - e.g. control sensitivity - so double check after the WoT Mac Wrapper and game update and before entering a battle.

Edited by black_colt, Mar 14 2018 - 21:54.

benjur #23 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 17:17

Private

• -Players-
  • 975 battles
I downloaded the Studly Utility app and it fixed the issue where it shuts down upon opening. But now i'm facing the issue where the game freezes when logging in, it will say, updating garage then become un-responsive. I have to force quit the application to get out of it. Is there something I can press on the Studly Utility app to try to fix this? I have pressed the disable torrents like you suggested and there was no change.. So sorry for asking again.

You8What #24 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 23:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 6730 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA

View Postbenjur, on Mar 16 2018 - 17:17, said:

I downloaded the Studly Utility app and it fixed the issue where it shuts down upon opening. But now i'm facing the issue where the game freezes when logging in, it will say, updating garage then become un-responsive. I have to force quit the application to get out of it. Is there something I can press on the Studly Utility app to try to fix this? I have pressed the disable torrents like you suggested and there was no change.. So sorry for asking again.

Force Quit when it hangs.

Launch /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app

Using the filter in top right, search for "war"

Anything that pops up after filtering, select and hit the X button at top left. Select Force Quit.

Repeat for a filter of "tank"

Relaunch game. If it still hangs, do the following:

Go to ~/Library/Application Support/World of Tanks/Bottles/worldoftanks/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/Wargaming.net/WorldOfTanks (I suggest adding that folder to your Finder sidebar).

Delete everything in the "dossier_cache" and "messenger_cache" folders.

Launch game.

If it still hangs, go back to that folder and delete everything and relaunch. Should be the ultimate fix as it resets the game and launcher back to default. You'll have to reset your prefs once logged in, but it should work.

EDIT:

After rereading your post, I would suggest emptying the entire WorldOfTanks folder I referenced in the second solution.

Edited by You8What, Mar 17 2018 - 02:40.

black_colt #25 Posted Mar 17 2018 - 01:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View Postbenjur, on Mar 16 2018 - 08:17, said:

In the Studly Utility go to [Troubleshooting] and click on [Slap WoT in the Face].

Edited by black_colt, Mar 17 2018 - 01:09.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users